Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Doctors without Borders [MV], Tag: Megara Hunter
James Howlett
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 01:22 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I'm the best there is at what I do
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

I am the best there is at what I do
Logan was one of those few people who had been around for a long time and one of the benefits of that arrangement was that you tended to build up a collection of friends and given his unique circumstances he tended to invest in those few relationships that he had garnered. One of those relationships was Doctor Bethany McCallister, she was a little older now but when he had first met her she had been a Med student studying at NYU, just like most rich kids studying to become a Doctor she was a cocky little shit but she had a big heart and wanted to do her best to make sure that people left her surgery alive. That was one of her biggest failings as a person, she hated death and would do everything that she could to stop it but death was one of those few things that none of them could defeat, eventually they would all pass on even him. She had been volunteering some of her time at a local homeless shelter when he had come to her for help, one of the kids that he kept an eye on had been stabbed and he needed someone with more medical experience then he had to stop the bleeding, well experience was the wrong word, he needed someone with medical equipment to deal with it and to look after the kid while he went and dealt with the gang that had tried to silence him. David, that was the kids name had witnessed a brutal sexual assault that the gang had carried out on a woman that had crossed them and he was going to testify against them in court so they had made arrangements to take him out. They had failed and by the end of the night the entire gang simply disappeared, it was still a mystery that the NYPD had on the active files but they weren't going out of their way to investigate, most of those kids were scum and were meeting the judgment they deserved at the foot of a higher authority at least that was the popular belief.

They were right and Logan had made sure that the bodies would never be found but when he came back he found that the girl had stayed with David for the entire night to make sure that he was alright, she hadn't needed to but had just said she was a Doctor and that was what you did. That had impressed him and he struck up a friendship that had stretched over the last 20 years, she had gone on to make great strides in her career but like sometimes happens in her profession she had decided that the money and fame that she had weren't enough. She quit her position as Chief Resident at Mercy Hospital and headed overseas with Doctors without Borders, wanting to bring medicine to countries that would never develop people with her medicial skills on their own and she felt a keen responsibility to share her talents with them. She had been with that organisation for the past 5 years and he made sure to keep in touch, some of the countries she went into were pretty dangerous but their organisation generally had good procedures and better guards to keep their people safe in those danger zones. Despite the fact that he was hiding from the Government there were still some people that knew how to get a hold of him and one of them was Bethany's daughter, she had called her Hope which had touched him deeply. Bethany was an idealist but she was also one of the strongest woment she knew, when the relationship turned sour she had left the guy and taken their daughter, when he tried to push the issue she had calmly told him that she would shoot him before anything happened to her or their daughter, that was the kind of woman that Bethany was.

Hope had reached out to him early that morning, Logan barely slept anymore so when his cell went off at 1 am he knew that there was a problem. An old friend of his said once that good news will keep, bad news would always come in the am and he had never found that saying to be wrong once. Hope was a teenager now and she sounded utterly terrified as she told Logan about what was happening with her mother, they had gotten word from her boss that Bethany was in Nigeria working at a local mission about 150 miles south of the Capitol deep in the Rainforest, everything had been working out fine until the Military executed a Coup d'état and established effective control over the country 48 hours ago. Ever since they had been cleansing the Government and the local population of undesirables in particular focusing on Igbo, a tribe that had been in disfavor over the years but to whom the Royal Line came from so they were protected until the Coup. There were rumors of mass executions and worse but the UN was still trying to get votes together and while they waited people were dying, Bethany had decided to stay when the evacuation order was given and yesterday Government troops attacked the Mission where she was located, when people friendly to them arrived they found the Nuns and Father there dead, executed and Bethany was missing along with all of their medical supplies. Officially there was no word about her or about what was happening, unofficially they had gotten word that she was to be made an example out of in some manner but that was still being decided.

Hope was genuinely scared which wasn't something that happened often, she was too much like her mother but she was scared now and her mother had always told her that if she was in real trouble to call Logan. She knew him and what he was rumored to be capable of so she had done as she was told and Logan calmly told her that everything was going to be alright and that he would take care of it. The next few hours passed very quickly, Logan informed Rogers he couldn't not tell the guy because of their situation though Steve couldn't go with him but he could tell that Rogers wanted to. Logan just told him it was fine, that he needed to move quickly and that anyone else would just slow him down, he didn't notice Steve open a comm channel to someone else because he was too busy gathering equipment and supplies. Logan knew the jungle well and knew exactly what equipment to bring all the while trying not to think of what could be happening to his friend right now, the type of thugs that had her weren't known for being the nicest of people but then again, neither was he. Steve had said that he could take the Quinjet to get him there faster but he knew someone who might do them a favour, a young man who could fly at Super Sonic speeds and deliver him in for an aerial insert into the area. They had all the equipment and he had SHIELD's contact details, Coulson had agreed with the usual requirement that down the line he would call in the favour, that was fine with him that was just how this sort of arrangement was supposed to work. Strapping all of his equipment down on his body, he tossed his backpack onto his shoulder and walked out to the hanger which would raise up and take him outside where he would wait for his transport.

tag: Megara | notes: Wearing this | Word Count: 612
PM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 03:30 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I will fight for those who cannot fight for themselves
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara had just been in the library reading over a few things Steve had left her so that she could get somewhat caught up on the world around her. In truth she wasn’t reading her mind had drifted off onto another subject that had nothing to do with history and everything about the man who had given her the reading assignments. It had been just a day or was it two now that Steve and Megara had gone on a date, and since then Megara was finding it hard to focus on anything. Not that anything really needed her focus but still she was finding her mind wandering off more and more.

At the beep of the communicator Megara jumped slightly as she was dragged out of the daydream she was having. Picking up the small device she was about to answer when she heard not only Steve’s voice but Logan’s as well. It was clear that Steve had open this channel not because he wanted to talk to her but because he wanted Megara to hear the conversation. Sitting there quietly Megara heard as Logan explain his need to leave, a friend of his was in trouble and he was going to get to the bottom of it. The problem was that he was going to a very hostile area and would not welcome his intervention nor that of the American government. Steve was quick to express his desire to go but Logan was quick to remind him that he couldn't Steve was needed her. However Megara knew what Steve was asking her to do without even saying anything. He didn’t want Logan to go alone and he was asking Megara to go with him. It was funny how she was able to know what Steve wanted without him even asking but she had to agree with him. Logan should not go alone, not because he couldn’t handle what might happen but because well Logan just shouldn’t go by himself.

While Logan was getting himself ready, Megara was doing the same. There wasn’t much she needed except to check her equipment. Before heading to the hanger she stop by the office to tell Steve goodbye and that she would take care of Logan. There were no tears or even any kind of sadness as Megara said goodbye, giving Steve a small kiss on his check before heading to the hanger where Logan was already waiting. Megara smiled as she walked up to him, already she was wearing her Amazon armor with her sword and shield strapped to her back. “You really didn’t think you would be going out alone did you, I'm kind of heart you didn’t even think to ask me.”

### WORDS , TAGGED , NOTES ©
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 04:29 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

One of the running themes in his life was that the people that he cared about or grew attached to tended to become targets for his enemies, there had been many examples of this over the years but they also had a bad habit of getting themselves into trouble. Bethany was an idealist so much so that he had tried to get her to come on staff at the school but she was too dedicated to her goal which was to treat as many people as she could which was why she had become one of the best emergency surgeons in the country and her department had become the gold standard in emergency treatment but after that she had decided that she needed to do more which was where Doctors without Borders came in. A noble idea that was underfunded and often too reliant on the goodwill of the people around them, if he was running that outfit they would have been surrounded by enough armed men to make sure that no one thought of them as soft targets. However, being Doctors they never saw that danger, only believing that soldiers would make the situation worse and escalate the potential for violence. There was a logic there but that sort of thinking wouldn't say you when the people with the guns came looking for trouble and that was exactly what had happened to her. Given that she had a daughter it was even more inexcusable but she was an idealist and if he respected her as a friend he had to support her actions as well even if they were idiotic.

Logan picked up her scent as she got close to the hanger, god damn it Rogers he thought as Megara got close, she'd know that no one got close to him without his noticing and he could smell the scent of leather, oil and steel, she was coming for a fight. Not with him, but it seemed that she was going to tag along which was something he was hoping to avoid. Megara already had a target on her and if she started to get involved in things like this then the wrong people would notice, he was already a dead man, they would get him eventually but he didn't want to drag his friends down with him. That was something that he didn't share with the people around him, that sense that he was doomed and that in the end they were going to get him, it wasn't enough that they had taken so much from him, they had to have this as well. Rogers must have gotten word to her and knowing Megara like he did, once she made up her mind there wasn't a damn thing he could do to change it, might as well try and argue with Rogers. She reminded him a lot of the Captain which was one of the reasons why he was advocating for their relationship, they would be good for each other and no one would see the other as a soft target. They both had enemies but they were both soldiers as well, it would be quite the mission to take down one because you would be tangling with the other.

The doors started to open and the lift activated carrying the both of them upwards which meant that his contact was inbound and had sent the signal to their communications network, Logan popped a cigar in his mouth and lit it before he replied to Megara "I didn't ask because I figured that you'd say yes. Where I'm going, it ain't going to be pretty and with the kind of heat you've attracted it would just get worse for ya. I know I'm going to get grabbed one of these days just ain't looking forward to making others go down with me. But if you're coming, I'd be glad for the company. Got a friend coming who is going to give me a lift to where I need to go, if you can keep up that's fine if not then I guess he is going to be carrying the both of us." Logan was still considering asking John if he'd come with him, he could use that sort of firepower but with Megara here at least he could keep it in house. He didn't know John but he knew his wife and she was a right pain in the ass who would never approve of the level of violence that he was going to use to find Bethany, but Megara was a soldier and being an Amazon blood wasn't something that would scare her so at least she would know what was coming. As they got top side and the sound of a sonic boom split the skies, he turned to her and offered his hand "Appreciate the help though Megara, I owe ya and I'm a man that pays his debts so if you ever need something you call, I'll be there."

PM
^
John Bartlett
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 05:42 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
One person can make a difference
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Stars are only visible in darkness ,
Fear is ever-changing and evolving.
John had been working on the Space Station when he had gotten the call from Coulson that he was being reassigned which wasn't something that happened often when he was moving heavy cargo up to the Station but Coulson stated it was priority tasking and so he had come back in range for a full debrief. Given the orbit they had established with the Station, it sometimes prevented clear communications because of line of sight so he got into position and got the full rundown. Apparently, Logan had gotten in contact with them and asked for his services which was a little surprising given that they hadn't really met each other, he had more history with Kate which wasn't the best. However, Logan had a long standing relationship with SHIELD and with that in mind, Coulson had agreed and from what he understood he was going to get him from New York into Africa, that was something that he could do and given the location he could guess that it was some sort of paramilitary action that Logan was going to initiate, that sort of thing never went well in Africa in his experience but that was Logan's problem not his. John did ask that they keep this from Kate, she wasn't a fan of the man and she would ask all sorts of questions about what he was doing with him and what Logan was involved with, she was far too idealistic for someone like Logan which was more than likely why they clashed everytime they had been forced to be on the same mission.

With the timeframe he had, John could afford to take his time and so he came in slowly but atmospheric entry was still something that he had to deal with and at mach 25 which made a bit of an entrance but that was fine by him, Americans were used to sonic booms and such by now. John checked his HUD and saw that Logan had sent the counter sign and the location where to pick him up, it took him a couple of minutes to get through the atmosphere and so he scanned the area with his Telescopic Vision, he trusted Logan but still it was just good practice. John spotted Logan exactly where he said he would but he wasn't alone, there was a rather striking young woman with him perhaps this meant that he was going to be carrying two of them. Coming in towards them, John came down and touched down just across from them "Good evening, I believe that I am expected. Good to see you again Logan." He nodded politely at Megara as he waited for Logan to make the introductions and he did as he puffed on his cigar and cleared his throat "Megara, meet John Bartlett, current Agent of SHIELD an organization that is supposed to protect people. He is going to be our transport to the location, he can fly pretty fast, so let's get going there is someone over there needing my help." John knew that he was to the point and he could respect that so he nodded "Well I can certainly get the both of you there and here are a couple of environmental suits so we can fly suborbital to get you there quick but I can't promise it is going to be an easy ride. Megara, it is a pleasure to meet you but if you don't mind I have things to do so if we could hurry along it would be appreciated."

615 WORDS , TAG: Megara , NOTES: Currently looks like this ©
PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 11:25 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara wasn’t surprised that Logan knew she was coming up behind him without turning around, that man could smell a flower a mile away it seemed like if he had the mind to. He had told her long ago each person had a scent and he could normally smell a person coming; through Megara had never decided to ask him what she smelled like as she was afraid it wouldn’t be what she wanted. “So you just figured Rogers would let you leave without someone to have your back, or you were just hoping to get out of here before someone could be ready enough to come.” Megara wasn’t really hurt he didn’t ask, when he gave his reasons she knew it wasn’t because he thought she couldn’t handle it but because he was trying to keep her safe. “If I stay here or if I go with you, it doesn’t matter I got a target on my back ever since I arrived, and since HYDRA realized their little gas worked on me they will be looking for anyway to use it. So why don’t I just get out and try to help someone instead of sitting around waiting. After all I didn’t come back to man’s world to set around and do nothing. If I’m never to see my home again, if I’m to leave this live and travel take the River Styx to the underworld to meet my uncle than let it be helping a friend and with my sword in my hand.” In other words Megara wasn’t scared about the target that was placed on her, she was more worried about not getting the chance to help her friend than protecting her own life.

“I think we are pretty even now Logan, you have not only saved my skin before but you have also been behind a few things recently that would not have happen if it wasn’t for you.” Megara was of course talking about the budding relationship between her and Steve; which Logan had been behind. Steve might have come up with the date and a few other key things, but Megara also knew Logan had had his hand in guiding not only Steve but herself to the right course of action to allow something to grow between the two that otherwise might have stayed tucked away and hidden. “Don’t worry we’ll find your doctor friend and we’ll see that she gets home safely.” Megara reached out and placed a hand on Logan’s shoulder just as the sonic boom reached her ears causing her to look up. Logan had mention something about someone given them a ride, but she had assumed it was in a plane not just a person.

As John landed in front of them Megara couldn’t take her eyes off him, not because of his good looks; which he had; but because of the very fact that he could fly. She knew that some Metahumans had been given that power but she had never seen it, there was only ever one being she had ever seen fly and that was Hermes the messenger of the gods who flew with the aid of his winged sandals. But here was a man standing before her that used his own body to fly around the Earth and she was to say the less amazed. Logan made the introductions and Megara learned not only was this man named John but that he was also and Agent of SHIELD, an organization that Megara was still learning a lot about. Megara was still trying to wrap her head around everything as John handed her an environmental suit to put on and that he had things to do. A part of Megara wanted to pause everything to try and figure out what was going on and than to take a moment to process the fact that she was about to fly off with nothing but this man carrying her.

Still trying to figure out what to say, Megara forced the suit on over her Amazon clothing, her eyes still not off John. “How, how is any of this possible.” Megara finally got out realizing she needed to know before she could even get behind the idea of flying off without some machine around her.

PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 01:39 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Logan looked over at John as he came down from the skies, the kid was well built that was certain but unlike his pain in the ass wife he was able to be a little more pragmatic than her. Kathryn Bartlett was one of those white knight idealists who thought that there was always a better way but that wasn't always the case in his experience, from what he had found out about John he was a soldier and was more than capable of putting those skills to work when he needed to. There was a part of him that wanted to invite the big guy to come along but with Megara here they should be covered and besides he didn't know the guy that well and this sort of message you only took your friends along with because hell wasn't the sort of place that you went to with strangers. Megara looked a little surprised to see a guy who was flying which he hadn't expected, he was pretty sure that the people that she grew up around would have people that flew but then he didn't know a lot about her background. It was weird that they had fought together as much as they had but hadn't really shared a lot between the two of them, that was something that he was going to change once they got on with this mission, they were going to be doing some pretty dark stuff and once they got involved it was going to get bloody.

Logan looked at the environmental suit that John tossed him with some distaste, he had figured it was going to be this way but that didn't mean that he had to like it. "Thanks for coming kid, I figure that Coulson has briefed you at least a little so I'd appreciate it if you could hang around for a bit in case we need some support." John nodded at him, he could afford to spend some time up in orbit over Africa, there were some satellites in that area that he could work on to free up some time "I can do that Logan, by the way it is a pleasure to meet you Megara." Logan finished suiting up, SHIELD was full of surprises with what they were capable of and these suits were functional and not confining which was a bonus. The normal travel time to Nigeria was over 18 hours from New York which was unacceptable and as he secured the helmet on, he walked over to Megara to help her with the unfamiliar equipment "So how long to get to Nigeria there kid?" John looked over at him as he was getting Megara ready and did some of the math in his head "If I hit maximum speed when we exit the atmosphere, we should be over the African continent in about an hour give or take. There are some risks involved if I go that fast but given what I know about you Logan I think you can take it, I am not sure about you Megara, friction and the chance of space debris can make this sort of thing." Logan clicked on her helmet and checked her life support as John was talking "Don't worry kid, she's stronger than either of us. Megara here has been up against plenty worse than space." Once air pressure was confirmed, he tapped her helmet and activated her comm system "You can talk normally in there Megara, just breath and we'll be just fine."

PM
^
John Bartlett
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 03:05 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

John looked at Logan and Megara as they got ready for their mission, there was a tense aura around Logan, you had to be a soldier to know that look in the eye, that look that said you were going to head into a place where you knew there was going to be killing. He remembered heading up into the mountains to get one of the hostages that the Taliban had taken and his Sergeant had that same look that he had seen in Logan's eyes right now. Coulson hadn't given him specifics only that his mission was to get Logan to Nigeria and then to orbit in support if needed but only if he was able to do so covertly, whatever it was that he was going in there for it was going to be bloody to say the least. Whomever this Megara person was, the fact that Logan was taking her with him said a lot about her, he wasn't exactly known for being sociable and on a mission like this if he was right, she was a good friend because they were the sort of people that you took on a mission like this. John made sure to keep a good look out with his Telescopic Vision while they got ready, the last thing he needed was to get involved in a police action because they had been spotted out in the open. Logan was on the Most Wanted Lists of damn near everyone on the planet right now and so he was making certain that they weren't being observed not that he could see electronics but he could spot drones if they were watching, thankfully the skies were clear for now.

As they finalized their preparations, John helped them both secure their gear and supplies to the suits as they were designed to be used and as he did he ran a little briefing of his own "Now, we are going to go sub-orbital there will be some gravity which I use to slingshot myself more quickly around the planet but it isn't a precise science. You'll be taking some pretty strong gs but I am sure you will both be able to handle it, focus on looking forward instead of the planet passing beneath you, in my experience that sort of thing can lead to motion sickness and the last thing you want to do is throw up in those helmets. I will keep an open comm channel in case you need anything but once we are going that is pretty much all you have to do until we get to the drop point. Now according to Logan's request, I am to drop you at 50,000 feet so these suits have emergency parachutes installed, they are designed for special operations so don't expect a soft landing. I've removed any and all tags that could be used to trace this equipment back to us so no need to return any of this and if you do need any help Logan has my emergency comm frequencies but to be clear I am under strict orders to maintain zero visibility here, whatever it is that you have planned Logan, SHIELD wants no official involvement. Now if there aren't any more questions, we should get going before anyone spots us so if you would stand either side of me, we will get started." Once they were in position, John confirmed their environmental systems online and then he jumped into the air and within seconds they were rocketing up towards the blackness of space. As they climbed, their bodies shook as they broke the sound barrier and the skies started to turn black which was when his mask formed over his face and he remembered the question Megara asked him before "Sorry I was rude before Megara, I am not sure why I can fly, it is just a part of my power suite as an Inhuman but I tell you one thing it really is my favourite power."

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 12:13 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Instead of getting the answer, Megara was created with help from Logan with not only her suit but also the helmet. It was clear there wasn’t much time to waist on small talk and so Megara only followed along and listen to what was being said. Apparently it would only take an hour to fly to Africa, where in a plane it would take most of the day. The fact that this man before them could fly that fast almost caused Megara to back down, before he even talked about what they might face. This was going to be a first for Megara, she was not only going to be flying without a plane but apparently they were going to go up into space.

Megara couldn’t forget the first time she had been on a plane, she had felt both wonder and some fear as well. Wonder because well she was flying, something that she had never done in her life, but fear as well because she had not even known it was possible. The only thing that was even close to flying for her before leaving her island home would be jumping off cliffs into water. The feeling of the wind as it rushed by as you headed down was so exhilarating there was really no other feeling; that was until she sat in the plane and took off from the ground. Today however she was about to face a new thrill; and she would be lying if she didn’t admit she was scared.

Megara was an Amazon however, they welcomed their fears pushed them down and fought on. So that was what she was doing as she went to stand next to John; who helped make sure her sword and shield were attacked properly to her back. He was quick to tell them what was about to happen, and Megara did her best to follow what was said but when he took hold of the two of them and shot up into the air she realized there was nothing that could have really gotten her ready for this. Just has John had said Megara tried to look up, but she couldn’t help the one glance down at the Earth and wished as soon as she did that she had not looked; not because she felt sick but because she had never been so far off the ground and they were climbing higher. A part of her wanted to scream, to demand that she be taken back down to Earth. However the warrior in her told her to swallow her fear, to push it aside and push forward; so Megara forced herself to look up again and try to forget what that she was in fact flying.

Than the broke the atmosphere and Megara was in space, for the first time in her life and all her fear was replaced with wonder. She had never thought about the chance of seeing space, but now she was and Megara couldn’t help but wish she could stay here for much longer than they where. Again she took a chance to look down but this time she wasn’t scared at how far they were from ground, but in awe of the beauty of the world below her. It was floating/flying in space that John finally answered her question. He didn’t know why he could fly but it was one of his favorite powers. “I can see why, I did not know that man could fly; I believed it was only a gift of the gods but I see now I was wrong. You are very lucky, how did you come about your gifts?” Megara was finding she was very interested in John because of his gifts. She had met another man who claimed her could fly, a Jacen but he was an alien so it was explainable how he was able to do what he could do.

PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:56 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Making sure that his own suit was secure before they launched off he had to admit to a few butterflies in the old stomach. Flying wasn't something that he was new to at all but heading into orbit was and the calm way that this kid was talking about it like he did it every day didn't exactly fill him with confidence either. If he was at least nervous he would be more comfortable but he was going to shave nearly a day off their traveling which was all he wanted and unless Kurt could suddenly port to the other side of the world it was going to be their best way of getting to Bethany while she was still alive. It was a little known fact outside of those who worked these cases was that the first 24 hours were critical and if you wanted any chance of success you had to find them within that timeframe, as of know over 14 hours had passed by. They hadn't made contact yet but it was only a matter of time before whoever it was that grabbed her reached out with their demands, their greed was going to keep her alive and give them enough time to get there. Securing his gear in place, he fixed his helmet and checked the life support systems, standard SHIELD configuration so at least he was familiar with it and once it checked out he gave John the thumbs up. This was going to be one of those missions that kept him up at night, he could feel that as he and Megara stepped up to John and he got ready to launch as it were. Every time he went on one of these rescue missions it was a reminder about why he kept his distance from people, they always seemed to pay a price for his friendship but this time it wasn't on him but the blood he was going to spill, that was most definitely going to be on him.

"Christ!" Logan bellowed as John jumped up into the skies and they were off, he was faster than any of the X-Men who could fly and having already seen him in combat when they were in the danger room he knew how capable he was but this was entirely different. The city disappeared beneath them and then his bones shook as they blew past the sound barrier, most people only experienced this in a plane but this was entirely new and it was something he didn't want to repeat, his senses were tossed around by the passage through the sound barrier and only his Iron will kept him from throwing up. His sense of disorientation passed quickly as the skies turned black and the temperature started to drop, he saw that John's face was covered by some sort of rebreather mask so at least he couldn't survive entirely out in space which was something. Soon enough they crossed the terminator and were in low orbit as John banked around and started towards Africa, the world was spinning beneath them and from this height it looked so beautiful. Perspective was a hard thing to garner in his line of work but if you could see the world like this perhaps you could reconsider things, more people should see this Logan mused as he tucked in so he could just enjoy the trip, not that he had anywhere else to go. Megara's face was a thing of wonder and she was just amazed that much was clear, he was glad that Rogers was starting something with her, he deserved it and she needed it so it was a win/win in his book. Keeping quiet as the other two talked, Logan started to go through his mental checklist as he prepared for the fighting that was to come and to forgive himself for the lives he was going to take.

PM
^
John Bartlett
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 09:12 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

There was nothing he loved more than flying, it was something he was hoping to share with Kit as she got older not that he hadn't experienced that before with her future self but this was going to be different. The memory of Kathleen and her death was still fresh in his mind after they had taken out the metahuman project facility at Area 51 and destroyed all of the information stored there, she had told them that without this facility her future would never occur but that her time here was coming to an end. Her powers had been boosted beyond belief but the price of that was that she would die, even her fierce healing abilities couldn't keep up with the cellular degradation that was taking place within her body and once they had stopped the future that she had feared would come, John had gone with her as she died in a beautiful, brilliant and final flash of flames, a suitable end for someone as bright as she had been. John hadn't wept like that in a long time and the memory of it was still fresh in his mind which was why he had taken more space assignments so he could sort things out in his head, he needed time and space to think and given that he couldn't talk to Kate about it he had taken to looking at the stars and picturing that his little girl was out there with her parents, living the life that she had been denied by fate. It was difficult as a parent to lose your child and while she had been lost a long time ago in the future, still she was his baby girl and he would have figured out a way of giving her a life here but in the end she had wanted to go back to her parents who were waiting for her with open arms and he couldn't deny her that.

Returning his focus to the present, he started to accelerate towards his top speed now that they were out of the atmosphere and he was sure that he couldn't cause any damage. At these speeds, he could ignite the atmosphere or do some pretty major damage with his jetwash which was something to be careful of but as he set course he had time to answer her question "Actually it was HYDRA that was responsible for my powers at least partially anyway. I am what you could call Inhuman, a subset of Humanity that has been modified by an Alien race known as the Kree. We were designed as weapons in their wars but here on Earth their experiments worked a little too well and they were shut down before we could pose a serious threat to their empire but their work was too widespread and it was passed down through the gene pool over the generations. My actual ability is to store and process solar radiation into a type of bio-energy that my body then uses in various ways. My strength, durability, flight and everything else all comes from that, the reason that HYDRA is kind of responsible for me is that I didn't know I had these powers until recently. I was in the US Army and a couple of years ago my team and I were captured, tortured and experimented on and it was during these experiences that my powers manifested, I didn't understand what was happening to me but they did and they spent the next year torturing me so that they could turn me into a weapon to use against the AVENGERS. Obviously, that didn't work out for them but at least I found out a little bit about myself that I hadn't known until then."

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 01:46 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara listen to John’s story and she couldn’t help but felt chills in her spin as he spoke. It was story that was very close to that of James Barnes; or what Steve had told her. Another friend of her past; that she had yet to see again since she had returned; had been captured and turned into a weapon. But that wasn’t the only reason for the chill she felt, no she had had a brush with HYDRA a few days or was it over a week now; where they had almost capture her. She had been enjoy a walk in the park when some men jumped her; knowing clearly who she was they were able to bring her down. However another person had saved her, but that had not been the end. The two of them had looked for the van that had brought the men and when Megara and Jacen had found it, the van had locked them in and filled with gas. Megara had no idea what kind but it had rendered her unconscious. If Jacen had not been there she would most likely be in HYDRA hands right now and she hated to think what they would do to her. It was clear that HYDRA had spent the last 70 years getting ready for her to return as they had been ready for her as soon as she had arrived. What it was they wanted from her she was left to wonder but if it was anything close to James or John’s story Megara knew she would warther wish for death.

None of this she shared with John or Logan however, she had only told Steve what had happen but she had brushed it off as if it was nothing not wanting him to worry. A part of her had not wanted to tell him but she knew that keeping something like this from him was not a good idea, not when they were trying to build something together. When all this was over however, when the war ended and the world was at some peace she would turn her attention to HYDRA and destroy what they had made so people like her would not have to fear being used for their evil means again.

“The sun, you remind me of Apollo for he is the power of the sun, or he is where I come from.” Megara was not foolish enough to believe that everyone thought as she did and even now the greek gods of old were nothing like they had once been. They were nothing but stories and myth now; and for that reason the Amazon still remain so they would have a group of people to always remember them.

PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 06:59 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Logan listened to John's story and he could certainly appreciate it having been through something similar himself, his eyes drawn to his forearm where his claws lay waiting to sheer through flesh and bone. His life hadn't been easy by any means and every day seemed to be a challenge to him to fight off the animal inside with things always seeming to drive him right to the edge but somehow he always found a way to keep on the side of the angels but it was a near thing and sometimes he stepped over that line for a brief moment like when he had to break Jeanie out of the facility she had been sent to. Weapon X had stripped him of his humanity and everything there was that made him who he had been, replaced all of it with combat tactics and covert operation strategies and that was barely the tip of the iceberg of the things that they had installed into his mind as they bonded Adamantium to his bones. All of this had happened years ago and he had since discovered that Weapon X was one of the many projects run by HYDRA though it was one of the more successful operations like the Winter Soldier Program. Evidently John was the result of another one of their projects designed to take advantage of metahuman abilities and if they could turn someone like him out then he was going to have to take more of an active interest in their activities. This was one of the reasons that he had worked so hard to develop the X-Men along with Charles, they were the answer to this sort of thing, the mistreatment and abuse of mutants had created more problem than it had cured but you couldn't tell people in the military that, all they wanted was their new weapon which really got him mad because he had been one of those weapons.

It looked to him that this John kid had managed to make it through fairly well though, he had married Kathryn Tanner who despite her crappy attitude was a damn good looking woman and from the sniff he had gotten while they had been getting ready they had a kid now too. Baby powder always left a trace scent on people especially when they were a parent so that tracked if he had someone like Kate in his life he would be humping her like crazy as well. "Sounds like you managed to get on the other side of your experience kid, believe me I know what its like to be used by people like HYDRA and it ain't something that most people can ever come back from. However you managed it, I'll give you credit, you've dealt with this better than I did." He had no idea what they did to John during that year they held him but he had been through his own hell and when he had gotten through to the other side he had been more animal than man and it took Charles to pull him back from that ledge, John must have had Kate. The world was passing quickly beneath them and it made him wonder just how fast they were moving, he knew that the kid was fast but this was another level, he didn't know any of the X-Men who could move this quickly in sub-orbit and so he started to make mental notes in case they ever had to put him down. Charles was always aware of the risk that metahumans could pose given his friendship with Erik, metahumans capable of devastating damage if they were ever to turn their attention to the world and so that part of him that was a hunter took in all the information that he could. If he was powered by the Sun like he just mentioned there had to be a way of that turning that into a weakness, he had a lot of abilities from what he had seen so that must be a drain if he had to absorb energy from the Sun, something else to consider. Looking over at Megara she seemed like she was having some fun with the flight "Hey there Megara, first time flying? Bet you never thought you would get a view like this when you walked off that Island of yours huh."

PM
^
John Bartlett
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 07:36 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Whatever they were going to do in Africa, he was curious about their reasoning, he had picked up the news that there had been a coup in Nigeria but then there was always a coup somewhere in Africa. There was a sad history to what was known as the Cradle of Civilization though he preferred to think of the Greek States in those terms though there was potential there if they had honest leadership there. That was the problem with Africa, there were so many different tribes with their own stories and histories that it mae it almost impossible for them to come together as a united country, Wakanda could do it but there were too many people there that distrusted the Kings of that advanced Nation, too much bad blood that threatened to leak over into every one of the small nations that made up that country. Somehow adding Logan into that mix just seemed like a bad idea and as they moved over the Earth at speeds no one without special abilities could travel it would only be a few more moments before they would be in line of sight with Africa and he could start scanning the area they were heading into with his Telescopic Vision. That was just mission protocol to make sure that the area that he was going to drop them into was secure, the last thing you wanted to be while dropping from 50,000 feet was under fire but what most people didn't understand was that just because he could see a long distance didn't mean that he could see or interpret everything, it was like he had really good binoculars but he still needed a target area to look at but he had that from his briefing, they were heading to Nigeria but he was going to get a good look he had to transition to a higher orbit.

"Alright people, I'd like to do a pre-approach scan with my Telescopic Vision but to do that I have to change our angle so we are going to head up a couple of miles into actual orbit, this may feel a little different but trust me I work up here a lot you will be just fine." John angled up and they left the slight touch of gravity that the planet was giving them and now they were really out in space, the occasional piece debris rushed past their position, space junk was a constant hazard up here and normally he didn't give a damn but with Megara and Logan up here in suits it was a serious concern. Scanning the space in front of them he targeted the pieces flying towards them and used his heat vision to vaporize them before they became a threat "Sorry about that, space junk is a real issue up here but I have taken care of the worst of it for now, beginning scan." John scanned the area where he was supposed to drop them with the aid of his HUD installed in his helmet, there was some activity on the ground but no real threats that would've given them issues as he dropped them from suborbital height. Thankfully the suits were designed to take this sort of punishment which was why he brought them in the first place but it was still a risk, he would normally ask if they were sure that they wanted to deploy this way but he knew Logan and he would have already considered all of the angles here. "We are approaching your drop point now Logan these suits are designed to deploy HALO chutes at a pre-programmed height which I have set for 800 feet, you should slow down but that landing might be rough. If you want I can drop you in but someone might notice and if I hit atmosphere at this speed, I'll cause sonic booms, the way that the suits are designed the two of you won't." The look that Logan gave him told him all that he needed to know "Alright, well I will be in high orbit for the next few hours in case you need back up other than that all I can do is wish you both good luck." A few minutes passed as John brought them down into sub-orbit and Africa was sprawled beneath them and their drop zone came up "Alright, time to go so I will drop you both on three and if I may say so, good luck so on my count. Three, two, one." With that he released Logan and Megara.

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 10:47 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara had in fact forgotten that Logan had also been held and experimented on, Steve had told her what had happen but she not dared talk to Logan about it. The two of them were not what you would call close, they had each other’s back and she counted Logan as a friend but in truth they had never shared any tender moments together. If there was ever something that she needed help on she had no doubt that Logan would have her back, much like she was doing now for him. But other than what he had told her long ago and the bits and pieces she had picked up, Megara had to admit she really didn’t know much at all about Logan. A fact she would have to fix once they got back to base; though she was sure it would have to be over a few beers.

“No I had never thought to see Man’s World like am seeing it now, I had not believe it was possible to fly the first time I had left my island. But than I was introduced to planes, now I am realizing that it’s not just machines that fly but some men have that power as well.” Megara could not deny a part of her wished she had been granted this gift from the gods; among other gifts she had been given. A part of her felt guilty for wishing for such a thing as she had been given so many wonderful gifts already, but she couldn’t help but enjoy the feeling that she was having now. A part of her wished she didn’t have to wear the suit as they flew as she would have loved to feel the wind against her skin. Than without a second thought she wonder if Steve had ever flown like this, and if so what he had felt.

John was telling them he wanted to scan the area before they started to head down to their landing area, but they were going to go up instead of down. Megara wanted to ask how in the world he was going to see if they went higher but the words were stripped from her as they did go up higher and into orbit. Megara could feel the pressure one moment and then there was nothing, and she felt light as a feather. They didn’t remain long as everything seemed to check out to John’s scan and the three started to head down again. But John would not join them, instead he was letting them fly down to Earth on their own. Megara knew she should be scared but after flying with John she knew she didn’t have to worry. If for some reason the suit didn’t deploy the parachute like John said it would Megara was sure he would just fly in and keep from them meeting the ground at high speeds. However he did mention their landing would be hard so she ready for it.

“Thank you forever John; we’ll see you in a few. This will be a walk on the beach.” Megara said with a smile, wanting to look on the bright side of things. After John reached three both Megara and Logan was let go and started falling toward the Earth. Megara couldn’t help but laugh and wished once again she could just feel the wind, but she was fing the fall enjoyable. Looking over she spotted Logan and reminded herself this wasn’t a fun mission they were here to save someone.

PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: Feb 17 2018, 12:18 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Seeing the world from this perspective made him even more determined to make it the way it should be, he would never admit this to anyone but Rogers was starting to rub off on him, the guy was just so positive that it made him sick sometimes but still the guy believed in his dream as much as Charles did. That was the thing about dreamers, they had that uncanny ability to make other people believe in the things that they did as Charles had won him over with his dream of mutant equality and now Rogers was doing the same thing with his dream. He would like Bethany and once he got her out of this hellhole he was going to arrange a meeting hell they needed a good medic maybe they could get her on staff because she was one of the best Docs that he knew. John was scanning the area where he was going to drop them in, standard military practice and it demonstrated just another one of his powers, apparently, he had quite the list and the more intel they grabbed on the guy the more they could be prepared if he ever crossed that line. Not that he thought that he would but Logan knew better than most that it didn't take much to push a good man over the edge and if that ever did happen they were going to have to fight harder than with most to bring this guy down. John informed them that their area was clear and that he was going to be dropping them soon as they re-entered the atmosphere thankfully their suits protected them from the heat and it made him wonder how this guy managed to do this regularly but it seemed like he could do it somehow.

As John got them over the drop zone, he looked the area over, he could see bad weather coming in from the North which meant they were going to have rain by evening but the drop zone itself looked good. As John counted down, Logan looked over at Megara and gave her the thumbs up "Thanks for the ride kid, if we need you, we'll call." With that John let go and they were falling, Logan had done this sort of thing before so it was like riding a horse and the wind whipped past the both of them as they were captured by gravity once again. He could hear Megara laughing over the comm in the helmets they were wearing and so he started to chuckle as well, Logan had forgotten how much fun some of the things that they did were and with the ground getting closer he glanced at his HUD to track their altitude and saw that these suits came with adjustable deployment technology and so Logan set his to 1000 feet. It would open low enough to be undetected but given them enough time to slow down "Megara, I am going to access your suit and adjust the height that the parachute deploys. It is going to open at 1000 feet and then we will hit the ground."

In the distance he could see some villages burning and the smell of the smoke seemed to cover the entire place, there were people out there dying but in a war torn country like this who would notice a few more bodies. That was the cynical point of view that Rogers and Megara would never have or at least would never have if he had anything like that, the two of them were just too bright for that. Spreading his arms to slow his descent, he indicated to Megara to do the same and as they hit their target height both of their chutes deployed snapping them backward as the trees and ground were now so close he could almost touch it all and as they came down Logan relaxed his legs and collapsed as he hit and then by reflex rolled into a ball to absorb the impact better. Rolling up, Logan slapped the button on his wrist and the chute disconnected from his back and now that he was free Logan was able to start rolling up the chute as he had been trained to do. Taking off his helmet, Logan took a deep breath and got his first taste of the land, his nose taking in everything around them from the scent of the trees to the touch of old blood that was carried in the air. Securing their gear, Logan motioned for the two of them to make for the trees "Let's secure this gear and then we can confirm our location, if we landed right the Mission is two miles due North where those fires are. We can start from there and then see if we can find a trail to follow." Out here in the wilds, Logan was in his element making next to no noise as he moved, stepping this way and that as if he was a part of the forest and as they made their way into a corpse of trees to hide their gear sometimes it seemed like he had disappeared completely before showing up again.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates