Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Operation Enduring Freedom, Tag: Natasha Romanoff
James Howlett
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 02:03 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I'm the best there is at what I do
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

I am the best there is at what I do
There weren't that many things that Logan hated more than sand, it was coarse and it got everywhere and if he was surrounded by Desert then that meant that he was being sent somewhere and that someone was supposed to die. Enduring Freedom was one of those Operations that people knew about but didn't really understand, there was so much going on here after Desert Storm that the public would never know about. Iraq was an ancient land soaked in history and blood, it was the site of the Garden of Eden and in his experience you'd be hard pressed to find a people more welcoming than the Iraqis. History really was in the bones of this place, it made him look young which was hard to do being that he was around when the States were still colonies of England but he had heard rumors about this place as a child and when he had finally gotten a look here for himself, that had really been something and this land had not disappointed him. His first trip here had been during the 1800s to help some British friends of his in their archaeological digs, he couldn't remember the details of the dig or even their names which was sad in and of itself but he could remember this place. They had come here first to check out some ancient ruins near Sumter with plans to head out to Egypt, but they hadn't made it that far. They had been ambushed by Natives and while he was a damn good fighter, his friends hadn't been and they hadn't made it out from the ruins they had discovered but he had made sure that their lives were paid for, vengeance was a pretty good motivator he discovered.

Logan had been at the school when he had been called in to Xavier's office, he was training Scott and the rest of them in self defense techniques but when Xavier called out to him mentally, he had given them all a welcome break. The kids were progressing well, Scott was exceeding expectations which wasn't a surprise, Scott dedicated himself to training sessions with a focus that he found the others all lacked. Scott was going to go far if he kept up with his training, but it was when he had arrived in Charles' office that he discovered he was going on a trip. One of the deals that they had with Fury was that in return for his turning a blind eye to the school and everything going on there as well as giving them a heads up when SHIELD found mutants, he could call on Logan when he was needed and from what Charles was telling him there was a need for him over there in the Middle East. It wasn't a perfect arrangement and it certainly wasn't something that he look forward to, whenever he had to get his hands dirty for Fury and the rest of them it was like he was taking a step backward from his perspective. The work that he was doing with the kids as well as his own growth since he had been here at Xavier's always seemed to be put at risk because of what he was required to do when he was out there in the field.

Logan had gotten the briefing files to read while he had flown over to Iraq via one of their aircraft. He was being tasked with an insert mission into Baghdad where some of Saddam's guard had managed to locate and secure several SHIELD Intelligence personnel but because of the sensitive nature of their mission the details of which he wasn't given, they needed to be extracted by a third party. That would be him, he was also going to be paired with one of their new recruits, a Natasha Romanoff. He hadn't worked with her before but if Fury was sending her on a mission with him that meant that she was top draw, that was good because the last thing that he needed was to be saddled with some rookie. His mission was to go in and secure the Intel on those personnel and extract them if possible but the Intel was the priority, that left a bad taste in his mouth when he had read that final part. More than likely, that wasn't Fury but one of the other bastards that operated in the shadows and he wasn't sure that he was going to follow that particular order after all he didn't work for them. That had been a couple of days ago and now he was sitting on the hood of his jeep at the spec ops base that he had been told to meet this Romanoff character at, she better be good he thought or he was going to leave her ass behind and get the job done himself so he could hurry up and get home.

tag: Natasha | notes: Wearing this | Word Count: 612
PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 6 2018, 07:55 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
In love with a Winter Soldier
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Loneliness is emptiness, but happiness is you

Fury had orders for Natasha to go to the middle east and help get some people out. The thing was she wasn’t doing it alone, a fact she protested on a great deal until Fury told her that he had made up his mind and that she was going to have help if she liked it or not. Of course she asked why Clint couldn’t be the one to go with her,really besides Fury Clint was the only person she trusted. However as it turned out Clint was off doing heaven knows what and she was left with this man called Logan. Fury told her that she might need Logan’s help in dealing with the situation and that was when she was brought fully in on the targets. They were not normal people they were what others called Mutants, and they needed to be gotten out quickly and quietly. After all relationships in the middle east were on the edge of blowing up again, so they were to go in and get out. Undercover would be the best thing if they could manage it, so Natasha had arrived days before the mission was to start and had started working fitting into the surrounding town.

There was no way of going in there an acting like she was in fact an Aribic, so instead Natasha went in there with the story that she there to document the country and it’s coulture. This allowed her to walk about with an interpreter, not that she needed one. Her Arabic wasn’t great but she knew enough to get around know if someone was lying to her. Than there was the chance to ask questions and get into places; after all everyone seemed to love to have the chance to talk and let their pictures be taken. Not to mention they believe her an American woman and those were a desire; and one with red hair well maybe not as desired as a blonde but she would do. So of course she had had a few offers, which she laugh off and went on with her gathering the answers she needed. So by the time Logan arrived, she had a pretty good idea of were their targets were being held and even how many guards they had at what times of the day; not to mention when their next movement would be.

Natasha was at a little shop enjoying a drink of coke she had bought and talking to the owner, her interpreter had been given the day off. She was wearing a brown outfit with her camera around her neck. She had seen Logan pulled up, get out and set on his jeep. She knew who he was, she knew she would have to go over and talk to him and get this mission started but in truth she wanted to leave his butt here and get the job done on her own, after all she done most of the work now anyway. With a final laugh and handing back the glass bottle that had been her drink she pulled out a map and walked over to Logan. “Excuse me do you know directions to the palace, I seem to be a little lost.”

### words | tagged | other notes
♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: May 6 2018, 09:39 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Coming into the country, Logan had reached out to some old friends that lived in the area, with the line of work that he was in you developed contacts and friends all over the place all of whom you either owed favours or were willing to trade in them. Some of them were friendly but he had learned from long experience that friendships in some parts of the world were things to still be careful of, everyone had an agenda and when survival was something to consider you couldn't blame them at all at least that was his view on it. Word was that the people they would be looking for had been taken into the mountains but that the location was hard to get a fix on as they were constantly being moved but there was someone that might know. There was a man who dealt in weapons, supplies, drugs, women, about anything you could put your hands on that operated out of a warehouse in the southern part of Baghdad which was where some of the worst of the worst hung out and even Allied Forces gave that place a wide berth unless they had to go in hard. It would explain why SHIELD had called him in but he wondered why he was getting a rookie, all she would do is compromise the mission and she might get her ass killed which was just a pain. But Fury had insisted and he wasn't in the mood for dealing with the shit that Fury could give him and so he had agreed as long as he understood that if she got herself killed that wasn't his problem and Fury had been mysterious at that point just saying that he should be ready to be surprised. Not many people surprised him, having lived the amount of years that he had been around but still if Fury wanted to play games, he could play them, all that mattered were the mutants that these bastards had a hold of.

Logan took a drink of water when he caught a whiff of something that shouldn't be here, Cherry Blossom and Gun oil, not a fragrance that you often found around the Middle East and it was light which meant that it wasn't fresh at least a couple weeks old but it was there lingering in the background. His nose was able to pick up all sorts of different aromas but he had long ago trained himself to filter out things that he would normally find but that stood out which meant that the person he was waiting for was here and observing him. A couple more sniffs and he got a lock on the young lass that was in a store across from him drinking a coke, pure sugar that stuff but then so was beer so he wasn't in a position to judge. She was young that was clear but there was something else about her that made his instincts twitch but he wasn't sure what it was. Perhaps it was the set of her head or the way her shoulders were held but there was something there that was more than met the eye, she would have to be exceptional for Fury to send her in with him but still this might prove to be more interesting than he had first thought as he finished off a large drink of water. Hydration was something that you couldn't afford to take at face value in Iraq and he had a couple stacks of water bottles in the back of the jeep, he had been dehydrated before and that was the absolute worst.

She was walking over to him as he took another drink, keeping his eyes alert and covering the area around them, given that they looked like Westerners they were targets for kidnapping or any other assorted things that the extremists out here did to people. Of course, if they tried something like that they would find themselves in a world of trouble not that they would know that but still it was there. When she asked if he knew the way to the palace, he fished something out from his pocket that was part of his cover "John McCallister, Reuters hired me to be your driver. Get your stuff and toss it in the back." He had an old style jeep that had a cover on top to keep the sound out, it was old but they had designed them rugged back in the day and it would take anything the desert could toss at them and keep humming along, he loved these things and had one himself back home. Getting into the jeep, he started up her engine and once the girl was situated and in the seat next to him, he accelerated off and now they were mobile which was a relief. Logan hated to be static out in public and at least this way they would have options if they came under attack, reaching into his pocket again, he pulled out a cigar and a small device that he activated. It winked on and he tossed into the well between them "That way we can talk private, the names Logan and I hear that we're going to be doing some work together kid. First things first, Fury sent me in to get some kids out of here and now I got you so we do things my way. I ain't into heroics and I sure as hell ain't here to get killed so don't do anything stupid or brave, best way to end up in a pine box. Other than that, we do our jobs and get home, figure thats the best way to keep things when you're working with someone new." He reached into the back and pulled out a file and tossed it into her lap "The people we are trying to track down keep on the move but there is someone we're going to visit, his name's Latif Naveed Khan. Pakistani National who operates out of Southern Baghdad, if you need it, he sells it and he knows everyone in the region. I bet he is the one supplying those bastards and if he is he'll tell us or he can tell us who might know." The jeep jumped as he hit a bump but kept going, the rest of the file was a bio on Khan, 9 kids, 3 wives, International Weapons and Drug seller, on Interpol's most wanted list and with known terrorist ties, a real shiner this one.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 7 2018, 10:16 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Natasha walked over to the man she knew was sent here to be her backup, or as Fury put it help her. So she had decided to act like she didn’t know him, however it was clear he was better than she had given him credit as he had picked out who she has right away. Granted it wasn’t that hard she was pretty much the only woman around that was by herself and clearly not wearing the traditional clothing that women of the area would wear. So maybe she wouldn’t give him full credit as he played along declaring he was sent there to be her driver and that they needed go. Of course she wasn't too happy about not being the one driving, Natasha was one of those women that liked being in control of everything; that included driving. However she didn't’ say a word but got in the jeep, and it went all downhill from there.

Right off the bat this man started treating her as if this was her first job ever, telling Natasha how things were going to go down and how it was all going to be his way. This of course caused her to raise her eyebrow slightly but she didn’t say a word, Natasha had dealt with men like this all her life and it was always fun to watch them fall on their butts and this man called Logan was going to be a real joy to teach a lesson to. She wanted to laugh when he mention that he was working with someone knew, clearly he knew nothing about her and that was how she was going to keep it.n “Fine we’ll do it your way.” For now she thought not bothering to give her name at all. Little did he know she already had all the information they needed, she knew the time tables had even been able to sneak in and see the prisoners and slip right back out. But hey if he thought he was hot stuff than he was welcome to think that.

When he mention Latif Navee Khan’s name it took all of Natasha will not to laugh, she had already talked to this man in question heck she had dinner with him and his family the other night. Granted most men didn’t wish to deal with women but when they saw she was an American; or they thought she was; and had American money boy were they willing to sing like birds. As Logan pulled up to Latif home Natasha jumped out of the jeep and followed Logan in. Latif looked up from the items he was looking over to see who had just entered his shop/holme, upon seeing Natasha he broke into a smile. “Sarah you grace me once again with your presents, I pray Allah finds you in good health.” He greeted her warmly moving around to place his hands upon her shoulder and give her a kiss on both cheeks.

“Blessing upon your home Latif, how are you sons, your wives.” Natasha knew that sons came first in the family even before one’s wives so she was careful to ask about them first. She could feel Logan’s eyes on her and she couldn’t but smile as Latif told her how his family was doing inviting them both in and summing his younger wife to fetch them some chai so that they could drink together. Once they were gathered around a small table and the tea was served, Latif looked at Logan again as if to asked who the man was. Natasha was quick to answer placing her hand on Logan’s arm. “This is my fiance John McCallister and he was interested in some of items you sell and information you might be able to give him.” There let Logan make of that as he wanted, of course there wasn't much that Latif would tell Logan that she didn't already know if Logan had bother to think that maybe just maybe a woman knew more than he did.

"Fiance a shame, I was hopping you would be wife number four Sarah I promise you would be very well taken care of." Latif said with a smile, a running joke that had been between him and Natasha for a few days now.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: May 10 2018, 05:48 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

It was easy to tell that she wasn't happy at how he was treating her and he didn't care that much, people opinions of him stopped being a priority to him after the first century of his life but he had learn to read people. She was too confident for some rookie that Fury wanted him to coddle and he was far too professional of a spy to saddle him with someone like that. He was willing to be that she had already started the investigation long before he had arrived because that was what he would have been doing while he waited for his support person to arrive. The last thing that you wanted when you were in a tactical situation was an element that was unknown like a partner you had never worked with, field operations required absolute trust especially when you were in a land that didn't give a damn about you and where enemies were everywhere. Iraq was steeped in history and the blood that rain here made him seem like nothing but a brief grain of sand on the beach, he had been alive for over a century and yet that was nothing when compared to the history of this place. It was enough to give him pause and to put him in his place, Iraq was here now, it would always be here long after he had finally gone to his rest. It had taken him a long time to come to that realization and it had been a comfort to realize that despite his abilities there were things that could make him feel small in the larger scheme of things.

When they finally arrived at Latif's home and she took the lead, it pretty much confirmed what he had suspected. She had talent that was for sure but she lacked vision, by placing herself here so quickly and from the looks of it tossing around some money as he spotted a single bill sticking out from underneath a couch, American currency wasn't exactly common in Iraq so it was all becoming clear. Logan ignored her as she went about talking to them, he had never intended to actually speak to them all he wanted was access to their house as he started to sniff and his nose told him about his surroundings. There were guns here and explosives located in a basement down the hall way, the scent of it was strong which meant that it had been moved recently most likely after Natasha had been here. Perhaps she had disturbed something, made them move up their time table perhaps which might explain why they were moving their supplies around, a glance at the ground spotted tracks in the carpet, something heavy had been moved through here and out to the back so they were moving equipment which was never a good sign. His senses were starting to warn him that things weren't sitting right and over the years he had learned that when his instincts started to tell him that there was trouble around the place that he would be best served in listening to them. Walking over to Natasha, he ignored Latif and spoke to her "We've got to get moving right now, something ain't right." Instantly Latif's pulse jumped, he was thinking the same thing as Logan gave her a yank out of her chair to get her moving and he ran towards the door.

Ripping the door open, Logan caught sight of people on the roof across from them and almost before he could react they fired two RPGS towards them while a third fired a RPG towards their vehicle. Acting almost on instinct, Logan threw himself towards Natasha and knocked them both back inside as the building vanished in a swirl of flame and flying debris. Logan had no idea how much time had passed as he opened his eyes, he could feel the wound across his body but at least he was alive and he was pretty certain he could hear Natasha's heart beat as well. Latif had gotten nervous or someone with him had gotten nervous and so he had been deemed a risk and so was eliminated which made perfect sense but they had been unfortunate enough to walk back in at his insistence. Slowly, he managed to lift the debris off of them but he was bleeding out from several bad wounds along with a large shard of metal that had torn into him from behind. Thankfully the heat of the blast had sealed the wound from bleeding but he would need to pull it out to allow his healing factor to fully heal the damage, Logan coughed up some blood as he crawled out of the remains of the home. "Hey, you alive down there?" His healing factor was already taking care of most of the other wounds he had including the damage down to his face, half of it was hanging off but that would be resolved in a moment. Logan wanted to make sure that Natasha was still with him before they started to hunt down the people that had just tried to kill them, it was the sort of thing that he tended to take really personally.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 16 2018, 01:05 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Natasha already knew the mess that Latif was dealing with, this wasn’t her first time in his home she had already visited a few times. Some of them Latif knew about others well, a dark suit and slipping in and out of places with ease was part of the package that was Natasha. In the cover of darkness, not to mention slipping a nice sleeping draft to Latif Natasha had slipped in and down to his basement to see what he was dealing with. It was not shocked to her the weapons and other things that she had found, so even though Logan was smelling everything otu she already knew that they were sitting on a ticking time bomb. The problem was she didn’t know that the time was about to go off, so when Logan told her they had got to get moving right away she gave him a funny look. There was no time as Logan yanked her out of the chair and out the door.

Logan ripped the door open and Natasha saw the light shining off of a RPG, before she could even let out a swear words Logan had thrown himself toward her as the three RPG hit their targets, blowing up the house and the car. Natasha was thrown to the ground and pinned there by the weight that was Logan, who clear weigh a lot more than a normal human male should. It took her a full minutes to convince her lungs to breath; though she wasn’t fully able to suck in air until Logan shifted his weight slightly off her chest by asking her if she was alive. “Yeah no thanks to you, what the hell. I’ve been here almost two months and not had one person shoot at me. You show up and right away we’re being shot at, don’t you know anything about keeping a low profile or do you always go in charging like a rhino in heat and ordering everyone around.”

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: May 16 2018, 10:32 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Logan pulled a bit of debris out of his side that had speared right through, it hurt like blazes but at least he would be able to heal now that the metal was out of his body, must have missed all of the bones he mused as he tossed it to the side. Natasha was going at him but he wasn't really listening as he put his senses to the test, he couldn't pick up any heart beats other than his own and Natasha's near them which meant that either the family had bugged out or they were dead so they were going to have to find their clues another way. His healing factor was really kicking in now and the wounds he had were already pretty much sealed except for the wound he had taken in the side but even that was healing nicely. "I don't think it was us, they were in position too quickly besides think about it. If they were onto you or me they would have hit us long before we made it here. Those buildings we were driving past were perfect especially with the RPGs that they were packing just now, they were here for Latif which means that someone is cleaning up behind them." It made sense now that he was standing here thinking about it, ambushing them was an easy task here in Baghdad and if they wanted to do it there were better positions to do it from than here, the main target had to be latif as that was the only thing that made sense. That now raised the question about why he was being targeted, had he been compromised? Was there a leak? Did he cross someone or was it completely unrelated to them? In his line of work Latif was more than likely to have made a few enemies so the possibility that they had just been caught in the line of fire was something that they had to consider.

The sound of an approaching truck grew louder and Logan could see that it was a flat bed van that had a machine gun mounted in the back along with at least six passengers and from the looks of them they were all armed. Reaching down to Natasha, they had to get to cover before that .50 cal opened up on them "Come on, lets get going." Pulling her up, Logan dodged into cover hoping that they hadn't been spotted, they would have to engage the hostiles but if they could do that from a position of surprise that would make this all the more easier. He could see that Natasha was armed and he grabbed an AK-47 that was lying on the ground, the vehicle stopped and the men started to dismount and were looking around the ruin, obviously looking for survivors. Logan used hand signals to indicate that they should spread out to flank the men coming in, that he would take out the man of the .50 cal and then they eliminate the other hostiles via cross fire. Being a SHIELD agent she should be able to understand what he was indicating and once he was sure, he moved off to get a line on the gunner while getting into a better position to flank them. They were lifting up wreckage and investigating their wrecked jeep, they were going to need more supplies he mused as he got into position and waited for Natasha to be there as well. Once he spotted her and she indicated that she was set, Logan gave it to the count of three and then fired a burst of bullets into the guy on the .50 cal and once he fell, Logan spun and started to fire at the others searching the wreckage as they dodged for cover.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 18 2018, 11:47 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

You really are thick,” Natasha spatted at him when he mention that they were most likely not the target, from how she looked at it that was partly true. Granted they could have been taken out at any point along the road as they came to Latif but that would only lead to questions as to why two American had been killed in the streets; with Natasha cover she had given as a journalist documenting the area that would rise more questions and cause more issues. However by waiting for them to arrive at Latif; something it wasn’t hard for them to decide to do since really who else were you going to go to in this town for answers; than you could not only take out Latif but the two Americans and climb that it had been an accident; that the American had just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. That was a easier story to sell to well anyone considering everyone knew what business Lafit was in; it was called killing two birds with one stone.

There really was no time however to go over this, she would table this talk for later as well as a few choice words on how much of an idiot she thought Logan was; among other things. Even without his senses Natasha knew it wasn’t good to be in the open like this, and soon she heard the truck too and made her way to move out of sight but to an area were she could keep watch. Already her own mind was forming what to do, two options one was to leave and one was to fight, Natasha liked the first choice as it left them other choices along the way. However Logan had a different idea and once again took control of the situation, really she was going to have a major talk with Fury when she got home if she didn’t leave Logan’s butt and carry out the mission on her own.

Logan was the first to fire, taking down the man with the .50 cal and than turning on the other men as well. Natasha wasn’t one to be passed up or sit back and do nothing, but she also wasn’t one to just play around with her food. Coming out of hiding Natasha held up her two guns and started to fire at the the remaining men, each one of her bullets finding a target.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: May 19 2018, 08:21 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

As he unleashed a salvo of fire at the terrorists aiming to kill him and Romanoff, his mind was already processing what this was starting to look like. As much as he would like to think that the two of them merited this sort of attention, Logan knew that they didn't and that this was a part of something much larger than he had initially thought. Romanoff was pissed but she was still looking at the small picture, none of this made sense considering that Latif was one of the main weapon suppliers for many of the groups that SHIELD was here to investigate and killing him would set them back far more than one of their projects being compromised. Logan heard another truck pulling up and another team were being deployed which just made no sense whatsoever, they were facing at least a dozen hostiles now and they were well armed. Logan waved to Natasha and indicated that he was going to break right to engage the other team before they could flank the two of them and get them both killed or at least her killed as they didn't have the firepower to take him down permanently. Logan dropped the gun and his claws snapped out of his forearms as he moved from cover to cover, the men looking at him firing their AK-47s at him but most of them striking the cover that he passed behind as he made his way forward. Turning on his heel, Logan ran up the remains of a stairwell that still stood and with the momentum he picked up leaped into the air towards the second group of men.

They continued to fire at him but his healing factor was able to keep up with the damage but it still hurt like blazes, landing amongst them Logan unleashed his fury and soon body parts and blood were flying around like it was the 4th of July. Now that he was in close, their weapons didn't help them any so some dropped their rifles and pulled out hand guns which were far more effective unloading round after round into him with seemingly no effective. As good as they seemed to be, they weren't able to withstand Logan for long and soon enough they were all dead, their blood soaking into the sands like the ancient Carthaginians, Greeks and Assyrians. Standing there while the bullets in his body were forced out by his healing factor, landing on the ground with soft plops he noticed there was something on their belts that made his eyes open. Kneeling down, he took the device off one of their belts and looked at it as the needle started to twitch this way and that as it detected low levels of Gamma radiation in the area. There weren't that many applications of Gamma energy and the ones that there were almost always had weapon applications, it was entirely possible that Latif had managed to get his hands on some Gamma based technology or god forbid an actual Gamma bomb and if he was right this just became a lot more serious.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 25 2018, 10:19 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

The hits just seemed to keep coming, and Natasha really was thinking about walking away and leaving Logan to defend for himself. It wouldn’t be the first time she walked away from a fight, though she knew already Fury would not have been happy with it but really he never should have thought about teaming her up with someone she didn’t know nor trusted; which lets face it left really only like two people in the world that she was willing to work with. So why not leave him, why not let him go on fighting his way through this mess she could easily take care of the mission she had been sent on her own, thought that thought all changed when she heard the battle cry of well an animal and turned to see Logan come charging at the men with guns with what looked liked claws jetting form his hands. Natasha watched as every gun was turned on Logan and buttle riddled his body but he didn’t fall down and die, no it just seemed to tick him off more and he attacked them. In no time there was nothing but bodies and Logan’s body was pushing out the bullets it had taken in, clear to Natasha that Logan wasn’t just a man he was some kind of mutant. A word she had heard spoken only in whispers but here was proof right in front of her.

Clapping slowly Natasha walked up to Logan. “So you’re one of those kinds of people, mutant isn’t it.” She didn’t really wait for a response as she noticed the item in his hand and let out a soft curse, she knew what it was and new what it was for. Since long before she could remember people had been messing with things better left alone and Gamma was one of them. “Look wolf boy, I don’t much like you and it’s clear you don’t care much for me. That said we’re stuck together so we can either get along and work together; that means you do not order me around; or we go our own ways. What do you say?” Oh she was ready to leave his butt if he dare think that she was going to let him treat her like he had coming in, he might not be easy to kill but Natasha would make it her mission in life to find a way to kill him if he pissed her off enough.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: May 27 2018, 09:47 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Logan's body was still healing him from the bullet wounds he had suffered but after a few more moments he wouldn't even notice the pain anymore, he had gotten used to this sort of thing after a couple of centuries of living. His claws retracted back into his forearms and he flexed his right hand out of habit and winced here and there as the bullets fell out of him and onto the ground wishing to God that his healing factor included a pain suppressant element but it hadn't. Natasha was being pissy but they didn't have time for this, Gamma energy was something that he wasn't exactly familiar with but he knew people who were and it was one of those things that cared even him. With a bomb designed with this technology it could have unbelievable destructive power that was something else that he had the benefit of, experience. He had lived through the Second World War and had been there when they had dropped the bomb on Hiroshima and even though he had survived it had take him days to recover even with his healing factor. He later discovered that it had been the radiation that had slowed his recovery but it seemed that even that couldn't hang around his system for too long, the primary injuries had healed pretty quickly but with the high levels of radioactivity in the area it had continued to take a toll until he had gotten out of the area. Even then he had lingered to help the survivors, all of whom had burns and other injuries, most of them would die within a year but they had needed someone then. For those poor bastards that were too far gone but still clinging to life, he had ended it for them so that they might find some peace, he knew that this was war, it wasn't his first one either but that had been a level of destruction that he had never seen before or since.

When the others started to call themselves the "Children of the Atom" that had been something that he had put a stop to mostly because he had seen what had happened when man had split the atom and it was something that he hoped never to see again. "Agreed, I ain't got time for this when business just got serious. I'm not sure how familiar you are with gamma technology but I have a friend that is and this is about as bad as it gets. I don't know how these bastards got their hand on a gamma power source but if they can convert it into a bomb, that can't happen. Call it in to Fury, we're going in to get that and if he can send back up then tell him to do it because this ain't gonna be pretty." Logan walked off from Natasha as she went to make her call, being SHIELD she would have a faster line to Fury than he did besides, his comm unit was destroyed during the fight and now they needed some clues where to look. Using his nose, Logan started to sniff around thinking about what Natasha had said about him being a mutant, she was right of course but he had assumed Fury had briefed her on who he was apparently he hadn't. That wasn't surprising given how much Fury liked to keep secrets but that was something to address at a later date as he continued to search the wreckage, the sound of approaching sirens getting closer and closer. Reaching the back of the house, he found tire tracks and the scent of those cigars that he had been smoking, Cuban if he wasn't mistaken and that was where he had made a mistake, not many people would be smoking Cuban cigars in this part of the world and that was something that he could track. Signalling to Natasha, when she came over he pointed to the tracks "We got a beginning, tracks disappear when he hits the main road but he is smoking those Cuban Cigars he likes and I can track that, lets get some transportation and see where the trail leads us."

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 08:55 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

They were not friends, this little truse wouldn’t make that happen. No he was just someone she had to suffer with at the moment that was just going to get in her way. Natasha was learning to play nice with others, or trying to but it was very trying on her nerves and other such things. However she would try to work with Logan, even if she found him full of himself. As the tone when he talked to her clearly told Natasha that he didn’t like her as well nor did he really see her as an asset, more like some child. She wanted to tell him to take the stick out of his butt and grow up but instead she just let him go on thinking he was clearly the smartest man here. He had said one thing she had agree on, with gamma in the mix this crap was serious.

So it was she didn’t argue when he told her she should report it to Fury, because once again she had to agree with him. So turning her back to Logan as he went about looking at the area she called Fury and updated him about what was going on; keeping her thoughts about Logan to herself as they would be better saved for later. It was just as she hung up with the director that Logan told her had had found a trail; as well as the smell of Cuban cigars that would allow them to follow. Natasha of course couldn't smell anything so she would have to take his word on it as she could smell nothing but dirt.

“I think I got that handled.” Natasha replied as he mention they would need transportation, walking away from Logan. The one good thing about having come out here a few times, she had learned were many things were. Even with the house blown up, the barn that held a few things was still in tack. Inside was a motorcycle, not a great piece of machine but it would work. Slipping into the barn she quickly found the bike and kicked it into life, smiling as she rode it over to Logan. “Well come on let's go.” Of course she was telling him he would be the one riding behind her as she held fast to the handles of the bike.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 02:27 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

This entire situation was getting worse and he was tied with an Agent he didn't know and didn't give two shits about if he was honest, she might be the new shiny toy for Fury but all he saw was some kid that was going to do her best to get him killed. If he could rub the stench of her arrogance out of his nose she might have been attractive but frankly he didn't give her five minutes out in the real world, someone was going to put a bullet through her skull and when it did happen Logan was fairly sure it would be because she had overestimated her own skill and dangerously underestimated her enemies. It had taken him decades to get over himself, arrogance wasn't a flaw that was exclusive to loud mouth SHIELD agents, he had that in spades as well but it had been well worn by the blood of those who paid the price for his mistakes. That was the problem with pride, it blinded you to options that you had never considered or wouldn't consider until it was too late and by then death was usually the only option for the people around you. It most cases it came for you as well but he was a damn sight tougher to chew than most people and so he and Death had come to an uneasy peace where they could agree that neither one of them were going to win and that he would come to Death when he was good and ready, not before.

Natasha brought them some transport and so he motioned for her to get out of the way "I'll drive and before you say anything it ain't because you're a woman or anything like that." Logan unsheathed his claws in her face, she needed to hear about this from him "This metal, its on my bones and it adds another 250 lbs on weight to my frame so riding bitch ain't an option if you want this bike to go anywhere so shift on back would ya?" Logan knew that she was going to argue but it wasn't anything but physics and even her crappy attitude couldn't argue with that, so he took the riding position and they tore off after their target. The wind was shifting but he still had a firm lock on scent he was following, the bastard had sold a gamma bomb or at least something based on gamma technology and there was no way that he was going to let that slide. The other option was that Fury sent in more teams which meant that there would be more time for the thing to disappear and more of a chance that others would get caught in the cross fire which wasn't an option, it was going to be up to the kid and him if they were going to get this resolved quickly. His mind was already going through how they would get the gamma tech out of the city, the skies weren't an option at least for them. The US had complete control of the skies and that way was suicide and the city was surrounded so that meant they were going to have to use the old smuggling routes or some of the old aqueducts that used to follow into the city. That would be how he would get the bomb out if it was indeed a bomb and as he followed a scent he called out to Natasha behind him "Get on comm." Once she had her comm set back in he spoke to her over their secure line having put his own ear piece in "I'm betting they are going to use one of the old Aqueducts in the north of the city to get the bomb out, least that is how I would do it. Once we get confirmation, we're going to have to make a call here either hit one together or split up as there are only two Aqueducts that I know of that are still intact to be used like I figure. Now together we got a good chance from what I've seen but split up, against numbers we don't know, not sure that is something we can do and asking for backup ain't an option. From what Fury told me SHIELD assets aren't in position and won't be before we need them and the Army and that ain't gonna take orders from us so I figure how about we call a truce and get this done before a lot of people are killed?"

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: Jun 6 2018, 10:37 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Natasha wanted to argue with him about the driving, she hated riding behind someone. However he had made a good point and so she just swung her leg off the bike and let him ride in the front before mounting the bike behind him and wrapping her arms around his waist. Many women would have loved to be in the position that she was in. Logan to many women would be a hot item, what with his muscles and his I don’t care about anyone type adittued. To Natasha he was just a tool to be used in this mission, so unlike other women Natasha’s hands did not wonder along his body as she rode behind him. Heck she didn’t even press her body into his back, she had a job to do and it wasn’t Logan.

The two of them road in silence for a moment, before Logan started talking about what he thought the plan was for these men to get the gamma bomb out of the area. He told her it was most likely one of two places and how he thought that splitting up wasn’t such a good idea since they didn’t know how many people they would have to fight and there was going to be no back up. Natasha knew this already, there was to be no back up and no exit plan. That was why Fury had sent her in, because when you needed to deny that you were ever present somewhere she was the person you sent in. Natasha was her own weapon and it didn’t matter what situation she was in she got out of it. “No one else is coming until this is all over or we make it seem like they mess up and it gets found out by someone other than SHIELD. Fury isn’t supposed to be poking his nose around in here that was why he sent me in. There is no back up and there is no exit.” Natasha didn’t say a word for a moment letting those words sink in. Oh she could reach Fury and she had already done so, but he had reminded her of the situation. Americans were not supposed to be there, so they were not there. If there was a gamma bomb it was up to the two of them to take care of it or somehow find a way that the American Government could find it on their own. If Logan or her were caught well SHIELD and the government would deny knowing them. “I can behave myself if you can, you however got to stop acting like I have no clue what I’m doing, trust me I can handle myself.”

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
James Howlett
 Posted: Jun 9 2018, 02:03 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

"You got a deal Agent Romanova, lets get the Gamma tech back before they do something nasty with it." Logan gunned the bike engine and they roared off following the trail as far as they could, he suspected that it was going to split off at some point given that they were potentially facing a couple of groups but they would follow it until they found their target. Once again Logan was thankful for the mutation that he had which gifted him with his enhanced senses, in a city like Baghdad which was a maze of narrow streets and ancient roads that dated back to long before the crusades and Christianity. Taking in every scent that he could took a lot of his concentration and the rest of it was absorbed with navigating the streets given the traffic wasn't just made up of cars, there were animals, people and all sorts of stalls that made the streets of Baghdad the wonder that they were. They were coming up on a marketplace, Logan had been here a few times and so he knew the major centers so if they were going to make any sort of time they were going to have to find a way around the market and Logan saw it as he glanced down a side street "You might want to hang on, things are going to get bumpy." Logan gunned the engine and turned into the side street he had spotted where there was a cart left there without an animal tied to it which turned it into a natural ramp.

Accelerating to top speed, Logan hit the cart and with a surge of strength lifted upward to give them the angle for the jump he had in mind. Logan had to keep this short given his additional weight but thankfully they flew through the air and managed to make the jump up and onto the roof even if the landing was as bit bumpy. Taking another sniff, Logan took off towards the east going around the market and making his way to the south, the houses here were made of harden earth, stone and other materials so they were able to take their weight and they were built fairly close to together so when they got to the edge of one building, Logan would gun the engine and they would jump to the other. It took a few minutes for them to get around the market area but with the amount of people there it would have taken them much longer to get through it if they had taken the streets. Logan spotted that the houses were starting to spread out away from the market so he told Natasha to hold on as he hit the corner of the house they were on and they were back in the air. Seconds later they hit the ground hard and were back on the trail but they were alone for long as several SUVs and they accelerated towards them, men appeared out of the windows and started to fire at them with machine gun pistols and sub-machine guns. A bullet bounced off their rear light and off of Logan's shoulder, he grunted in pain but his wound was already healing as he glanced back at Natasha "I'll try and lose them best as I can." Logan started to evade this way and that, he had warned Natasha so she wouldn't be thrown by the evasive maneuvers and so she could get her ear in with those guns of hers.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates