Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Welcome to Midtown High!, Tag: Gwen Stacy
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 10:49 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
You know who I am....your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

It was a typical Wednesday afternoon for Peter Parker as he sat beside his buddy Edward "Ned" Leeds in Mr. Cobbwell's chemistry class, Peter's favorite of course. Unknown to the world at large, it was in this very room that Parker had gotten the idea for Spider-Man's web-fluid. It took a precise dose of specific chemicals in order to get the webbing just right and trying to develop the chemical compound in the middle of class was tricky but luckily Peter was bright enough to be ahead of everyone else in class, a straight "A" student. So not paying attention to Cobbwell's lectures weren't about to hurt his GPA anytime soon. He'd just finished mixing together a new web-fluid batch right under Cobbwell's nose when the sudden sound of a bell ringing alerted the students to the end of class.

"So, you wanna come over to my place tonight for a movie marathon?"

The ever up-beat Ned asked his closest friend as their fellow students packed up textbooks and notepads into backpacks in order to leave the classroom as quickly as they could. Peter was busy placing a cork into the beaker he was just using and skillfully slipped the glass container full of web fluid into his bag.

"Uh tonight? Yea......yea I'll just let Aunt May know I won't be home for dinner."

I've made up an excuse the last time Ned asked me to hang out, can't say I don't feel like a total jerk for blowing him off last time. It wouldn't hurt to take one night off from being Spider-Man just to have a little fun right?

Peter thought to himself as he rationalized his decision, being a superhero shouldn't mean he had to sacrifice everything else in his life. With a bit of a grin Ned patted Peter's shoulder as the two teens headed to the next period which happened to be lunch. In the cafeteria, Peter opted to get himself some french bread pizza and a soda, not the healthiest option but whatever.

Sitting beside Ned at the table the two boys could spot the beautiful, the talented, the ever so popular Liz Toomes as she was hanging up the hand-made banners for the upcoming pep rally with some of her girlfriends. Peter was in mid-bite of the cheesy bread when the light seemed to catch Liz's eyes and seemed to make them sparkle. The poor guy couldn't help but get caught up in looking at the girl longingly.

"Did Liz get a new top?"

"No, we've seen that before but never with that skirt."

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy tho."

PM
^
Gwen Stacy
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 11:17 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"I make my own choices."
Species
Student
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Shady
Alias
Humans
Neutral

So here she was, her first real day at a brand new school after the big move. Was Gwen Stacy excited about all the possibilities of a school that prided itself on science and technology and making friends?

Well, yes to the former, eh to the latter. If what she was told of this place was true she just might manage to score that OsCorp internship if she worked and studied hard enough. She didn't think she really had time for the stuff most girls her age were into, she had her future aspirations to focus on, after all, and unfortunately most girls her age didn't share those interests she followed.

After her first wave of classes had ended and lunch came around, the teen got herself a tray and took her bag lunch from her backpack. With a dad who wasn't home often due to his job(and promotion), and her mother having been, well, the woman she was, Gwen was used to taking care of her own needs in the morning, plus she wasn't gonna take chances with the school food till she got a good idea of what it was like.

God this place was crowded.

She needed a place to sit, and fortunately one table was fairly vacant, just two boys whose gazes were fixed somewhere. Curious, she looked over and there were several girls, she assumed the cheerleaders judging from the theme of the decorations they were putting up, the tall beauty on the ladder it didn't take a genius to guess was the focus of the boys' interest. Smirking, an idea came to mind.

Walking up behind them, Gwen overheard their last few exchanges, regarding the girl's top and skirt and wondering if they were being creepy or not. Wow. Some opportunities for a laugh just fell into your lap. She spoke up. "You think she'd mind if you snapped a photo?" she asked to get their attention.

TAG Peter Parker
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 12:46 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

Hearing a strangers voice, especially a strange girl's voice slightly startled Peter and Ned who were both caught off guard. They simply looked at Gwen for a moment as they were both at a loss for words in her presence.

"Why didn't we think of that? Grab your camera."

"What? No, that's even creepier!"

Apparently, Ned missed the sarcastic tone of the mystery girl's statement but Peter wasn't gonna fall for it despite having a decent camera tucked away in his backpack.

"Peter takes photos for the Bugle.....Hi, I'm Ned."

He felt the need to explain why his friend had a camera as if this conversation wasn't as strange as it actually was before introducing himself. Peter, on the other hand, felt a bit mortified that a strange girl had caught him gazing at his crush but gave a simple little wave anyway, no point in being rude.

"Sooo, you new here?"

It was best to shift the conversation away from the embarrassing Liz incident before he ended up putting his foot in his mouth. The new girl was certainly not shy and had a bit of a wicked sense of humor taking joy out of catching the boys red-handed. One would be safe to assume she was intelligent, perhaps even gifted if she chose to attend a school that emphasized science. A school in which Howard Stark and Abraham Erskine were depicted in the vast mural of history's greatest minds that was painted in the main entrance.

Personally, Peter was more fond of Tony Stark who was like a rock n' roll star in the scientific community. He had the brains, the money, and the women that aspiring nerds could only dream about. Then again Peter knew Stark personally having met briefly once durng the 2010 Stark Expo and once again more recently when Tony recruited Peter to his Pro-Reg Avengers team.

PM
^
Gwen Stacy
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 01:18 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"I make my own choices."
Species
Student
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Shady
Alias
Humans
Neutral

Gwen's smirk spread a little as she watched the two boys stumble over themselves with excuses and apparent blindness to sarcasm. Luckily the one called Ned explained why the one called Peter had a camera in the first place before she could ask questions. If he had it for the reason she joked about, she might have tried to find another place to sit. Luckily, it didn't come to that. They seemed harmless enough.

The one named Peter asked her if she was new and she gave a nod. "I am, yes. Moved here from Brooklyn with my dad. I'm Gwen. Gwen Stacy," she said, offering her hand to them as she sat herself down, an empty seat between her and them. Hey, there weren't any especially vacant tables left and Gwen didn't like being crowded. Made it hard to study.

"So..." she began to stop any awkward silence that may follow their response. "Who's the lucky girl?" she asked playfully, gesturing in girl on the ladder's direction where she and the other girls were still working on decorations.

TAG Peter Parker
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 06:54 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

Peter took the young blonde's hand with a soft smile, maybe he was jumping the gun but he got the funny feeling like this was the start of a special friendship. Then again when Ned was practically the only person who hung out with him it was just a relief to be making new friends, ones who don't think he's a loser.

"Peter Parker, pleasure to meet you Gwen."

She took a seat beside them with her brown bag lunch, Peter assumed that meant she needed to pack her own lunches maybe to save money? Or she was just health conscience about what she ate? It was probably a good idea to bring a bagged lunch instead of buying one at school but that would mean waking up earlier before school to actually make a lunch before class started.

Man, there's no way I could make lunch every morning, I got it hard enough trying to get a decent amount of sleep as it is. Why do criminals feel the need to do nefarious things at 3 am?! Don't they realize that some do-gooders have curfews and need their beauty sleep? So inconsiderate....

Parker grumbled internally as he thought about all the hours of sleep he'd lost ever since being bitten by the radioactive spider. On the plus side his healing factor kept him from feeling exhausted and kept him from getting bags under his eyes. He was a bit distracted with his own thoughts that he almost missed Gwen's question

"That's Liz, one of the prettiest girls in our class......no offense."

Ned was a reliable source of information, he was practically an open book that even a 4-year-old could read.

"We've been in the same grade as her since the 7th grade."

"I'm sure Gwen doesn't wanna spend her first day in a new school talking about Liz.."

Peter interjected as he tried to change the subject again and hoped Ned could take a hint. Ned wasn't stupid by any means, in fact he was a whiz with computers in his own right but his happy-go-lucky personality was undeniable. Plus, it wasn't often that a cute girl decided to talk to them out of the blue without having to lose a bet first.

PM
^
Gwen Stacy
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 07:25 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"I make my own choices."
Species
Student
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Shady
Alias
Humans
Neutral

Gwen smiled a bit when Peter introduced himself. He was... kinda maybe sorta cute. That was saying something as Gwen was not the type who spent her time checking out boys like most girls her age did, more likely to be checking out the latest books on genetics and biological studies or the like.

Ned explained who the girl, Liz, was, and yeah, it was pretty clear both of them, or at least Ned, certainly had it bad. Liz did look like she was out of their league with her perfect body and trendy clothes and big circle of friends, but as someone whose own looks caused people to assume she was some bubbly airhead cheerleader on appearance alone, she wasn't going to judge. Not now, anyway.

Fortunately Peter managed to redirect the conversation. "Yeah, probably not," she said with a laugh as she unpacked the things in her bag lunch and popped open her soda can. Normally she'd be reading right now, but she did want to know a bit more about these two. It might get her dad off her back about making friends if she at least made some friendly acquaintances and so far neither of these two had despite what she busted them on earlier tried to hit on her right away, which was a relief, though it may have been due to their attention on that Liz girl.

"Well, either way, this place seems pretty interesting. I'm hoping they got decent genetics classes."

TAG Peter Parker
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 08:15 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

"Oh the genetics class rocks, what's your interest in the subject?"

Peter asked with genuine enthusiasm, his eyes lighting up when the subject changed to science. It was about as excited as he got thinking about Liz, well, maybe science was slightly more appealing. At this age it was hard to decide which was more important. His attention was fully on what Gwen was saying as he picked the pepperonis off his French bread pizza and eating them like potato chips.

"Biochemistry is really my thing and engineering. I can't really decide between the two."

It was rare moments like this that made him wish he could whip out his web-shooters and web-fluid to impress his fellow science-nerds but that would totally blow his cover. Being Spider-Man was hard but sometimes the worst part of it was not being able to tell anyone about it.

"Last year we built our own battle bot for the school science fair and came in first place."

Ned chimed in feeling very proud of his accomplishments working with Peter, they were an almost unstoppable team when it came to showing off their scientific prowess. The big grin on his face made it obvious he wanted Gwen to be impressed and like them more. They had been a duo for the longest time and maybe now it was time to make it a trio.

PM
^
Gwen Stacy
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 09:02 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"I make my own choices."
Species
Student
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Shady
Alias
Humans
Neutral

Gwen smiled big at Peter's assertion that genetics class was great and had asked her what her interest in the subject was. "Well, a lot of things. With all that's happened lately, I've been reading this book that's got the theories and public research of geneticists like Curt Connors and Moira MacTaggert about mutant theory, how the "X-gene" works, a lot of biology and genetics-related material and... well..." She laughed a little. Hopefully it and the rest of her studying would get her foot in the door with OsCorp. "...I don't wanna spoil it all."

She laughed when Peter discussed how he couldn't decide between biochemistry and engineering. "Why not both?" she asked with a shrug as she took a bite of the hoagie she'd brought for lunch and listened to them talk.

Ned piped in about having made a battle bot and winning, getting another smile from the girl. "Robotics aren't exactly my area of expertise but, hey, congrats! I oughta do one sometime."

TAG Peter Parker
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 01:20 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

"Oh yea, I've totally been meaning to read that one."

Peter was almost giddy to meet a girl his age who was into the same things as he was, if only he had the money to afford the book Gwen was talking about. Truth was the little money he earned taking photos for Jameson went right to Aunt May to help pay for bills after the untimely death of her husband Ben. The little allowance he got usually went to buying lunch at school and the updated camera. Maybe if he were still working with Tony Stark he could get a bigger allowance so he wouldn't have to scrape by from week to week.

"Genetics can be rather cool once you start to understand them, dominant and recessive genes, why some kids look so much like their parents and some look completely different. And mutagenics is particularly fascinating."

Peter met a few mutants in the past, X-23, Kitty Pryde, Cyclops, and Nightcrawler. They were all good people even if X-23 was a little scary. Still, he considered them his friends and hated the idea that there were people who wanted them dead simply because they were different. Then again those same people probably wanted Spider-Man dead too, bunch of lunatic xenophobes.

"You got a point, why pick one when I can have both? I just couldn't make up my mind even under penalty of death."

Peter tried to be funny which was tricky without the mask on, he didn't have the same freedom granted by his anonymity.

PM
^
Gwen Stacy
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 01:49 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"I make my own choices."
Species
Student
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Shady
Alias
Humans
Neutral

Gwen's smile grew as Peter asserted having heard of the book and wanting to read it. Sure, a lot of boys might claim it to impress her but he seemed pretty genuine about it, especially when he discussed genetics a bit. "I know, right?" she asked. "Then there's theories on manipulating them, too. I don't understand how people can be so hostile towards mutants, you know? There's a lot I think we can learn about ourselves and what makes us from studying the X-gene. The book covers that a bit, and puts some pretty good points about it."

The anti-mutant protesters were paranoid idiots in the girl's opinion. And it was probably no coincidence they were unanimously pro-registration. She wasn't sure where she stood on the SRA, on one hand there was a need for damage control, but on the other it could also forcibly out all mutants and leaving them open to more harassment or worse, that being the likely reason for so much support over it by those who were anti-mutant.

Gwen gave a slight smile and roll of the eyes when Peter made the joke. It was bad, but his effort was... cute. He seemed pretty bright, which was a plus, even if his sense of humor was pretty corny. "Well, let's hope you aren't in that situation, then, huh?" she asked.

TAG Peter Parker
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 02:46 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

"Me either, mutants are just born different they can't control that. So they might have special powers or might look like blue elves. It doesn't make them bad people. Good people use their powers to help others and bad people use theirs to hurt others. Lumping them all together is just wrong."

The subject shifted from geeky science-love to a more political tone. Captain America went from a beloved living legend and hero of World War 2 to outlaw within the course of a year or so. Even if Peter wasn't a metahuman himself or a big fan of Captain America he'd still feel strongly against the villainizing of all superhumans.

"Oh, yea, no....that'd be a terrible way to go."

Being killed over science sounded horrible but it beat being eaten alive by a massive black alien monster that was completely obsessed with him and completely insane to boot. Then again it was equally as bad as being blasted to death by a giant killer robot Sentinal like the ones that attacked the X-Mansion

"So what was your old school like? And what made your dad wanna move to Queens?"

He was curious by nature even with things he had no business asking a person he just met but he couldn't help but wonder ever since Gwen introduced herself.

PM
^
Gwen Stacy
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 03:06 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"I make my own choices."
Species
Student
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Shady
Alias
Humans
Neutral

"Yeah, definitely," Gwen replied, noticing the shift of how the conversation had gone from science to political, the universally taboo thing, so she let that die for now, at least till maybe she knew him better. While she was, again, still on a neutral stance she did feel she was beginning to slide more and more against it as time went on no thanks in part to the anti-mutant types, especially any in power, who could turn the SRA into a mutant outing campaign.

When Peter asked her about what had caused her to move here, Gwen smiled again, glad to come to another subject less controversial. "Well, like I said I used to live in Brooklyn. Went to your pretty standard school, honestly" she explained. "All your usual cliques, nothing too outlandish unless you count the geeks arguing over which Avenger is best..." She said with a laugh as she took a bite of her sandwich. "We moved because my dad got a promotion and transferred here. Ever go to the police department he's the new Captain there."

TAG Peter Parker
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 04:37 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

"Y-your dad is a police captain?...."

The idea made Peter a bit nervous, typically men in uniform were pretty strict or over-protective of their daughters and could enforce rules as to who she can or can't hang out with. Not that Peter or Ned were the types of guys who could be a bad influence. What really made Peter nervous was the fact that ever since the battle at the X-Mansion his hero rep went down the toilet. He didn't have Tony Stark and his Avengers vouching for him anymore, not everyone felt he was a "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man".

The likes of J. Jonah Jameson was leading the march when it came to anti-masked hero sentiment and Spider-Man seemed to be his favorite target. Maybe in a past life, he ticked Jameson off so bad the man harbored a life-long grudge against him. The irony was Peter Parker worked for the man who claimed Spidey was New York's #1 menace which was saying allot given that guys like the Punisher were running around.

Since the battle at the Xavier Institute, he found that New York's finest men and women in blue shared Jonah's sentiment. At least, most of the cops Spidey encountered often shot at him or assumed he was up to no good which made his job that much harder and yet he didn't give up. Without Spidey New York would have one less hero to count on in times of need and people would get hurt or worse.

"Must be interesting having a cop dad huh?"

PM
^
Gwen Stacy
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 05:21 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"I make my own choices."
Species
Student
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Shady
Alias
Humans
Neutral

Gwen raised an eyebrow at Peter's reaction to her dad being a police captain. Yup, there it was, the reason why boys backed off from her at her old school. Having a dad on the force, especially one of his ranking, tended to scare them, and the notion that police dads were very protective of their daughters was for the most part a true statement. Gwen's dad wasn't home a lot due to his job, but he did love and care for her very much and wanted to keep her safe, especially after that time when her mother had drank herself into the ER and the divorce that came not long after. Gwen was still very much a daddy's girl and even she couldn't deny that.

"Eh, he's not so bad. So long as you don't give him a reason to arrest you!" she teased. "But yeah, I guess it is. He comes home with plenty of stories to tell over dinner. And now he's working in the part of the city with its own costumed vigilante, Spider-Man, was it? You ever seen him?"

TAG Peter Parker
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 03:37 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Student/Photographer
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Avengers
Anti Registration

"Spider-Man?"

That was a name Peter wasn't planning on hearing during this conversation. He tried his best to keep his normal life and the life of his alter ego separate but it seemed almost impossible especially when one of his close friends Eddie Brock got tangled into his web and became a monstrous killing machine. How many other people that he cared about would be hurt or worse because of Spider-Man? And yet he couldn't bring himself to giving it up.

"Funny you should ask, my pal Pete here is the number one guy when it comes to Spider-Man. He takes all his pictures for the Bugle."

Ned felt a bit like a third wheel and was a bit behind when it came to science compared to Peter and Gwen but when it came to cool superheroes Ned knew what he was talking about. If only Ned knew the truth, that the young man sitting beside him, his closest friend was the person behind the webbed mask.

"It's no big deal really, Mr. Jameson just needs me to snap a few photos sometimes. Whatever it takes to earn a little extra cash.....and I do mean little, Jay Jay is a stingy old flint. Makes Scrooge look like Oprah."

Peter gave an awkward laugh to cover his slight feeling of being uncomfortable about the web-slinger's adventures not to mention his financial struggles. Sometimes to make something less awkward it was best to joke about it, Peter only hoped it worked. The last thing he wanted was for Gwen to feel sorry for him and if she kept asking questions about Spidey he'd be forced to lie which he didn't want to do. He didn't enjoy lying to people but he did it to protect them. If they knew who he really was that meant anyone who wanted to hurt Spider-Man could get to him through the people he cared about.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates