Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Add Reply
New Poll

Put Me In Coach, TAG: Feral
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 03:24 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains, within the sound of silence.
The air of the Watering Hole was thick with the smell of stale pretzels and cheap beer. Off to one side the sounds of pool cues impacting balls rang out almost in time with the out of date tunes played over the bar's speakers. The lights from the neon signs left everyone's skin looking slightly drained of color. It wasn't really the kind of place one usually expected to find a young woman in, unless she was looking for trouble. Fortunately, Vertigo was looking for trouble tonight.

Word was that some mutant had been watering down here for the past week or so. Had some visible external features that should make finding her obvious. Word was she had something of an attitude problem. It should be a challenge. But Vertigo was determined to at least see if the lady would hear her out.

Vertigo stepped up to the bar and looked around as she pealed out a few bills for a beer. She drew in a long breath and let her senses reach out for the other minds around the bar. Searching, looking, for the one that wasn't like the others. She didn't need to get into the mind, she just needed to find the right one. The rest she'd handle without the use of telepathy. Evidently it was considered some kind of faux-pas to solve your problems with telepathy.

To: Feral || Words: ### || Notes: Outfit
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)

@Maria Callasantos
PM
^
Maria Callasantos
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 08:45 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"Hate is the engine. I am the machine."
Species
Mercenary
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Nicky
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

feral & vertigo
Put Me In Coach.
To say that Maria was in a bad mood was an understatement. She was pissed.

Her favorite mutant bar was closed. The owner, and one of her closest friends, Harry Lomis, a former Morlock, had decided to close for a few days in order to visit family upstate… and he didn't let her take care of the bar while he was gone. Something about her drinking all of his bourbon. Which was ridiculous. She wouldn't have drank ALL of it… just most of it…

Maria leaned back and let out a frustrated sigh. The Watering Hole was a poor substitute for Harry's Hideaway. Not only was Harry's place mutant friendly… Harry also had better service. Maria scowled, seated in a booth in the back, her catlike eyes hidden behind black sunglasses, nursing a bourbon, and trying very hard to ignore the stares she got. She'd been coming here for about a week, using the place as a meeting place, talking with contacts, and basically keeping up with underground chatter. But despite her efforts to not stand out, word got around, and people started to notice that she wasn't exactly human. Must be the fact that she drank an entire bottle of bourbon every day without passing out. Or maybe it was just her charming personality. Who knows?

Grumbling under her breath, Maria looked down at her iPhone, glaring at the message Harry had just sent her. He wouldn't be back for another two days. Damn it.

That was when the front door opened, and Maria glanced up, feeling her eyes narrow at what she saw. It was a young woman. Which was weird, since she was practically the only woman there. The Watering Hole was pretty much a sausage fest, it's clientele a mismatch of people that you just didn't want to mess with. This wasn't a hangout for teachers or stock brokers or businessmen. No. This was where drug dealers, mobsters, and other unsavory types frequented. Which was why Maria set it up as a meeting point in the first place, since most of her contacts weren't exactly saints to begin with.

Aww fuck. Now what?

Maria wasn't exactly sure what it was, but almost immediately Maria had a feeling that the young woman was there for her, and Maria growled under her breath, the sound causing the two guys playing pool to pause and stare at her, Maria giving them 'what' look, while also watching the woman go to the bar and ordered a beer, Maria tracking her as she made her way through the bar, her eyes and ears missing nothing. Maria then sighed and leaned back into her seat, one hand reaching over to grab her bourbon bottle, Maria refilling her glass, her other hand reaching down into her coat, the feral silently switching off the safety on her SIG Sauer P320, which was safely nestled in her chest holster and hidden away behind her jacket. Can't never be too careful, right? Right.

words: 485 | tag: Vertigo | outfit: Click Here.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 04:12 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

The volume of minds were a little overwhelming. Vertigo was only on a partial dose of her meds, and as a result it took her a second to filter through the guys staring at one of the only pieces of ass in the entire establishment. As well as the general air of suspicion that seemed to surround anyone who wasn't a regular here. But eventually she locked onto it. A mind that wasn't on edge or horny. No this one was operating on a more instinctive level... and her fight or flight instinct tended toward fight.

Vertigo stopped reaching out with her mind. She took the beer in front of her and took a drink off the top enough to make it easier to walk with. No sense in wasting even bad beer. She didn't bother hiding where she was going or making some fool pretense to wander around aimlessly. No she walked right up to the table where the other mutant was seated.

Everything about the woman's body language said that she was ready for a fight. And given the hand she kept under the table, Vertigo guessed she was armed. She put out a hand gently and set the beer down. “No need for that, miss. I only want a few minutes of your time. I don't mean you any harm. Give me ten minutes... let me buy your next drink... we'll have a little chat. If you want to tell me to fuck off after that I'll leave you in peace. Or tell me to fuck off now, and I'll finish my beer back at the bar and leave. I'm not looking for a fight.” There was no fear in her voice. After someone has survived being stabbed in the chest by Weapon X the potential of getting in a random barfight with some unknown mutant just loses its sense of fear.

To: Maria Callasantos || Words: 315 || Notes: Outfit
PM
^
Maria Callasantos
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 08:13 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Mercenary
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Nicky
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

feral & vertigo
Put Me In Coach.
As Maria watched the young woman make her way to her table, she felt the world around her slow down, the world going into hyper-focus as Maria honed in on her enhanced senses, Maria drinking in the scents and sounds that surrounded her.

The woman. She’d bathed this morning. Simple soap. Deodorant. Nothing expensive. She’d eaten. Chinese? Maria was sure she smelled soy sauce. She could smell on the woman's lips. Maybe? One thing Maria was sure of. The woman had touched a gun of some sort recently, within the last day or two. Maria could smell the gun oil on her fingers. So this was a person who knew her way around a gun, enough to maintain them. Interesting. Another mercenary? Possible. Maria knew she wasn’t the only game in town. But what would a merc want with another merc? Was she here for help for another job?

Maria said none of this as the young woman walked up to her table. She just raised a brow, expectant, one hand reaching for her glass of bourbon and raising it to her lips, the other hand resting on her gun, finger off the trigger… for now. But still, she kept her hand within reach. Can never be too careful, right? Right.

“No need for that, miss. I only want a few minutes of your time. I don't mean you any harm. Give me ten minutes... let me buy your next drink... we'll have a little chat. If you want to tell me to fuck off after that I'll leave you in peace. Or tell me to fuck off now, and I'll finish my beer back at the bar and leave. I'm not looking for a fight.”

Uhuh. Maria arched a brow at the woman's words, almost amused. “You sound like a bible salesman.” Maria observed. Then she sighed and, with her booted foot, Maria pushed the chair in front of her, giving the woman a space to sit, still sipping her bourbon, her catlike eyes unflinching as she watched the woman’s every move, Maria then reaching up to pull her sunglasses off, the world lighting up as she revealed her inhuman eyes. Might as well let this woman see her for who and what she was. “I hope you're not. Cuz I’m saying it right now, lady… I'm in no mood to be ‘saved.’ If it's a sermon, fuck off. If it ain't, park it and say what you gotta’ say.”

words: 350 | tag: Vertigo | outfit: Click Here. | notes: PM me if I need to edit anything.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 12:46 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

Vertigo took the offered seat in hand and occupied it quickly. She chuckled softly at the comment about sounding like a bible salesman. That was new. But then again this situation was relatively new to her. She didn't have any instructions, didn't have any script. Just a lead and a mission. It was exhilarating to be able to flex her skills and do something on her own. But it was also without a safety net. Still she felt pretty confident that if she hadn't been shot yet today on this one she wouldn't likely be, unless she did something outrageously stupid.

“Bible salesperson. Never heard that one before. No, I'm not selling anything, just trying to be polite with a stranger I've never met. I'm Vertigo, and I think we have at least one thing in common. I'm a mutant, and while you might be something else I think you're one too.” She paused a moment and took a sip of the cheap beer. It wasn't as cold as it should be to keep it's bubbles, but for some reason Vertigo still enjoyed the taste.

“Look I don't know you. I don't know what you've been through. Just like you don't know me or what I've been through. But what I do know is that we hear a lot of the same stories, over and over again. Our people are getting crapped on for being born different. And it's not just us... all the metas are being targeted. Registration, the raid on the Xavier Institute, government experimentation, metahuman kids getting killed in the street by bands of scared and hateful humans. The list could go on forever.” she spoke softly, not wanting her voice to carry to the rest of the bar. But anyone could hear the passion in her tone of voice.

“It's sick. And It's wrong. And it pisses me off. And I just wanted to find out if it pisses you off too.”

To: Maria Callasantos || Words: 329 || Notes: Outfit
PM
^
Maria Callasantos
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 04:43 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Mercenary
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Nicky
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

feral & vertigo
Put Me In Coach.
Maria waited to hear this weird lady’s pitch, because that’s what this was right? She was there to pitch something. God knows what. Some product? Idea? Group? One thing was for sure. Maria was sure that the woman was there to sell something. It was just a matter of what it was… and how interested she actually was in hearing what this strange woman had to say. Because right now? The amount of shits she gave? Was in the negatives.

Maria was no stranger to hearing someone come to her with their wants and needs. She’d heard every sob story in the book. Wives who wanted to kill their cheating husbands. Stock brokers who wanted her to off their competition to make their stock go up five points. Mobsters who needed her to silence a witness. It all went back to the same thing. Want. Want. Want. Need. Need. Need. Same shit. Different day.

God it was getting old.

“Bible salesperson. Never heard that one before. No, I’m not selling anything, just trying to be polite with a stranger I’ve never met.”

“Uhuh.” Maria grunted, clearly not buying it, the feral mutant bringing her glass of bourbon to her lips, Maria downing it with ease, the booze burning its way down, Maria then refilling her glass. She’d already killed half of the bottle, but in reality she was barely even feeling a buzz. Good ole’ healing factor. Ugh.

“I’m Vertigo, and I think we have at least one thing in common. I’m a mutant, and while you might be something else, I think you’re one too.”

Maria snorted. “Oh jeez, what gave me away?” she said sarcastically, her voice dropping, becoming guttural. Inhuman. Then she leaned forward, fast, one moment leaned back, the next moment just inches away from the woman’s face, and she grinned and let her fangs out for everyone to see, causing several onlookers to gasp. Maria snarled at them, this causing the onlookers to quickly turn away, Maria catching their fearful comments, words like ‘mutie,’ and ‘freak,’ easily reaching her ears. Same shit. Different day. Maria leaned back again, her muscles rippling. She was starting to get angry. Never a good sign. “Do us both a favor? Get to the point.”

“Look I don’t know you. I don’t know what you’ve been through. Just like you don’t know me or what I’ve been through. But what I do know is that we hear a lot of the same stories, over and over again. Our people are getting crapped on for being born different. And it’s not just us... all the metas are being targeted. Registration, the raid on the Xavier Institute, government experimentation, metahuman kids getting killed in the street by bands of scared and hateful humans. The list could go on forever. It’s sick. And it’s wrong. And it pisses me off. And I just wanted to find out if it pisses you off too.”

For a long minute Maria sat there, staring at this strange, arrogant woman, Maria’s catlike eyes wide, a disbelieving look on her face. Then she surprised everyone watching… and started to laugh.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Maria asked, laughing so hard tears burned her eyes. “Oh, please be joking! Why don’t ask me if the sky is blue? Or if water’s wet? Am I pissed off?! Oh honey… I’m not pissed…” And then, in a second, Maria’s mirth melted away… and it was replaced by something so much worse. Unbridled fury. Maria’s body literally trembled, as an all-consuming rage settled into her heart, and Maria let each and every person in that bar know it.

With a savage, inhuman snarl, Maria grabbed the table with one hand, and flung it back, the heavy table, which had been literally drilled into the floor, flying across the bar, Maria throwing it with ease, the table zooming across the bar and crashing into the joke box, the table slamming into the juke box like a rocket, the table and juke box breaking into a thousand pieces with a loud BOOM! Bar patrons screamed in shock, the shock quickly replaced by fear. Hands reached for cellphones, and Maria knew that the cops would soon be arriving. But before the bartender could even react and press the panic button Maria knew was under the bar, Maria pulling out her gun and aiming at his head, her eyes glowing in the shadows, her lips curled into a loud snarl.

“Call the cops, and I’ll kill everyone in this bar!” she roared, this unholy declaration causing everyone to freeze. And not at what she had just said. But also at the honesty in her tone; Maria meant every word she’d said. She’d murder everyone in the bar. Easily. It wasn’t like she was surrounded by baby doctors or something. It was 2:00 o’clock on a Tuesday. Pretty much everyone there was either wanted by the cops or a deadbeat. The world would not miss them. And they knew it. And just like that hands moved away from their phones, and people because to nervously chatter, suddenly finding other things interesting, all of the low-lives present getting the message. No cops.

Satisfied with that, Maria returned her gun to its holster, and then turned to look back at the woman that sat before her, and leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees, her clawed hands clasping together, Maria’s eyes burning. I’m ENRAGED. All day. Every day. And frankly, I think it’s a little stupid of you to remind me of the fact. So yea. You’re a mutant? Well, whoop-de-fucking-do. Let’s get t-shirts made. And your pissed with how shit played out? Well. Join the fucking club.” Maria snarled. Then Maria leaned in even closer, and pointed to her own face, the hate and self-loathing oh so present.

“Look at me, miss pretty. You think I look like this by choice? I looked like this since the day I was born. But your ‘pissed?’ Oh please.” Maria spat. Then she leaned back with a huff, her chest rising and falling, Maria struggling to leash the animal the woman’s words had awakened. God this sooo wasn’t what she needed. She had to live with this rage every day. And the woman just had to show up and turn on the tap, huh? God. The gall.

“So yea. Now we got that out of the way. Anything else?” Feral asked, her voice daring the woman to say anything else. Pfft. Was she pissed off? Stupidest. Question. Ever.

words: 1,103 | tag: Vertigo | outfit: Click Here. |
notes: PM me if I need to edit anything! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 11:08 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

In all the flurry of violence and anger, Vertigo was an island of calm. She didn't even flinch at the crunch of the table into the jukebox. Nor at the verbal tirade against her. No, that didn't particularly scare Vertigo. The crowd of edgy onlookers that Feral had just drawn the attention of, was something all together different. In truth there was something delicious about a woman this volatile. In a way she reminded her a little bit of what she'd seen of Wolverine.

“Well that was a dramatic waste of perfectly substandard beer.” she said as she clapped her hands slowly. Her own drink had been on the table before Feral had thrown it. Clearly nice hadn't worked since this was how the other mutant had reacted to nice. So now was time for a different bent. “Point well taken. You want to wear the angriest mutant crown, by all means. It's yours. But have you ever considered doing something about it? Rather than pissing all that energy away on shitty booze and temper tantrums?”

“Look if you wanna keep wallowing in the whole self-pity thing by all means. But I heard that there was a badass mutant chick here, and I thought maybe you might be able to help me do some good for our people. Because, mark my words, a war is coming. And I intend for mutants to survive it.” Her tone was even and surprisingly calm, it was only underneath that one could really hear the passion, controlled and harnessed passion behind the words.

To: Maria Callasantos || Words: 261 || Notes: Outfit
PM
^
Maria Callasantos
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 03:15 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Mercenary
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Nicky
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

feral & vertigo
Put Me In Coach.
As Maria sat there, her chest rising and falling, her heart pounding like a drum, she struggled to put the leash back on her own mind, the monster that she was struggling to get out, Maria fighting to stay calm, and NOT remember, voices from long ago starting to whisper to her. And failed miserably.

That was the shitty thing about having eidetic memory. Maria could never forget. And therefore never forgive.

Maria closed her eyes, fighting them. The memories. But despite her efforts, she went back. Back to that one bedroom shithole she used to call home. Back to the shame. Back to the agony. Back to the fear. Back to the rage.

She’d been around four. She’d been watching TV. Her mother had been in the kitchen, getting ready to go to work. Maria had been watching a program on TV. Ballet, her mother had called it. And Maria loved it. She watched the dancers as they moved across the screen, mesmerized. So pretty! Beautiful! And even as she watched the beautiful dancers glide across the screen, she knew that she could do it. She could dance just as well as they could, if not better. She could be just like one of the beautiful people!

“Mama,” her innocent four year old self had said. “Can I be one of those when I grow up?”

And Maria’s mother had looked at her with such hate and scorn. “What?” she had said, her voice dripping with spite. “You become a ballet dancer?! Esta loca? Of course not! Con esa cara!? You’re a monster hija mia. You’re too ugly for ballet.”

And four year old Maria wept. Because her mother was right. She WAS a monster.

Maria opened her eyes, her body trembling. And there it was. The rage. It was with her every day, no matter where she went. It took everything she had to not just murderer everyone in sight… but this stupid cow thought it’d be a good idea to provoke her, and ask her how she felt? Yea. About thirty years too late. Dumb slag.

“Well that was a dramatic waste of perfectly substandard beer.”

Maria snorted, still breathing hard, still struggling to keep from ripping that smug look off her face. “Well, it smelled like piss so in reality, I did you a favor.” Maria snapped back, finding the woman’s calm overconfidence aggravating. When was this woman going to get to the point? What’d she want? Or did she just show up here, out of the blue, to just talk to her about her ‘feelings?’ Ugh.

“You want to wear the angriest mutant crown, by all means. It's yours. But have you ever considered doing something about it? Rather than pissing all that energy away on shitty booze and temper tantrums?”

Maria arched a brow, and flashed savage smile, her fangs gleaming. “Well, you know what they say. If it ain’t broken, then why fix it?” she said snidely. Then she shook her head. “What else am I supposed to do? Huh? Sing kumbaya? Go to college? Huh? Become a school teacher or something? Pfft. Please.” Maria said jeeringly, rolling her eyes. Oh god. Her? Teach? No way. She’d probably end up eating the children. Yea. Soooo many options to choose from. Like her mother had said. She was a monster. And monsters don’t have a choice to be anything other than the monster the world had made them out to be. Maria closed her eyes, a headache coming on, now getting tired of this whole conversation.

“Look if you wanna keep wallowing in the whole self-pity thing by all means. But I heard that there was a badass mutant chick here, and I thought maybe you might be able to help me do some good for our people. Because, mark my words, a war is coming. And I intend for mutants to survive it.”

Maria opened her eyes and stared at the woman. And suddenly felt like throwing things again. ‘Our’ people? Self-pity? War?! What. The. Fuck?!

Maria leaned forward again, visibly shaking, her hands actually trembling, her claws out, the desire to just reach out and slash this woman’s face oh so tempting. Who the fuck did this woman think Maria was? Some hero? It was almost laughable. Time to set the record straight.

“Let me see if I understand what you’re saying.” Maria said slowly, the effort and struggle to not lose it again present in her voice, the words garbled and guttural once more. The monster was there, simmering, just below the surface. “You think that just because we share an x-gene, you think that you and I are alike? Is that it? And that you think I should, what? Fight ‘the power?’ Save mutants, or some shit like that? And that there is some evil ‘war’ and I gotta’ step into it, and ‘help’ others?” Maria asked, making quotation marks with her fingers, then leaning back and let out a sharp chortle. “Well. Someone had their fill of delusion cereal today.”

Or she’s an extra type of stupid.

“First of all, let’s get something straight. You and I? NOTHING alike. I’m not like you. You’re nothing like me. And news flash. Mutants like you? Can go fuck themselves.” Maria said with a thick snarl. “There is only one group of mutants I’ll stick up for, and that’s the Morlocks. Don’t know who they are? Well, I’m not surprised. Because pretty-pretty mutants like you don’t know jack shit about mutants like me. You walk out that door and some cop sees you, what happens? Nothing. Me? I get arrested. Or shot at. Just by looking like what I am. A freak. I’ve lived on the streets. I’ve been starved. Assaulted. Raped. And damn near murdered. All before I was even grown. I was denied EVERYTHING. A childhood. An education. A normal life. I’ve been fighting the ‘war’ for you and others like you since before you took your first breath. Now ask me. Who helped me? Huh? Pretty-pretty mutants like you? Xavier’s people? Nope. No one. Not my mother. Not my father. Not my family. No one. So answer me this; why should I help? Why should I give a flying fuck about you or your ‘war’?’ Seriously. Give me a reason. But make it a good one. Because if you can’t then I suggest you leave. Don’t leave? Then I’m not just throwing you through that wall. I’ll rip your face off and wear it too.”

And Maria smiled, flashing fangs. She was the monster among monsters. Time this lady got with the program and barked up someone else’s tree.

words: 1,100 | tag: Vertigo | outfit: Click Here. |
notes: PM me if I need to edit anything! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 02:44 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

Well let the tantrum continue. She didn't care about the other woman's sass. She could sass herself into an early grave for all Vertigo cared. Fact of the matter was, while she had hoped to find a potential ally in the woman, she wasn't desperate. She didn't need this woman's help. And to be honest, she was just about ready to walk. This woman's issues weren't something Vertigo was equipped to even try and remedy. Vertigo could barely handle her own sizable trauma. But she didn't want to just write her off either. But her tolerance for the woman's arrogance as to what she thought she knew about what other people possibly had suffered was virtually depleted.

“What I am saying is simple, if you'd get your head from so far up your own ass you see sunlight out your own nostrils. Because we share an x-gene we share a common enemy. I don't think you should or shouldn't do anything. That's your fucking business. And if you weren't so tied up in your own personal baggage to look out a window you might have some idea that they're coming for you, just like they're coming for all of us.”

“I won't deny one thing you're right about... obvious mutants like the Morlocks are at greater risk because they're easier to identify... but the people who are coming for us will still use a Morlock just the same as they used me. A mad dog like you... they'd probably just put you down. A Carbonadium slug to the temple will kill just about anything. But you're right... no reason you should care. Not like you've got anything worth living for with that attitude anyway.”

To: Maria Callasantos || Outfit: Outfit || Notes: Notes.
PM
^
Maria Callasantos
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 01:44 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Mercenary
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Nicky
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

feral & vertigo
Put Me In Coach.
Maria could feel it. The boiling rage. The violence. It simmered there, just under the surface. She didn’t just want to hurt this woman. She wanted to rip her throat and drink her blood. It’d be so easy too. In a blink of an eye and the woman’s throat would be ripped open, and her blood would spill onto the floor like wine.

Tempting. Oh so tempting.

But Maria didn’t do it. She couldn’t. If she did that the humans that were watching her every move would call the cops for sure, and she’d have to tangle with them. Something she was in no mood for. But God damn this woman was making it hard for her!

As Maria silently she struggled, she only half listened to how the woman responded to her warnings, this Vertigo saying one shitty thing after another. If it wasn’t so infuriating, Maria would have laughed. Instead Maria snapped her fingers at the bartender and pointed, the bartender soon showing up with a fresh bottle and a beer, Maria using her fangs to twist the top off before sucking down on the bourbon like it was water. All the while counting quietly in her head.

One, two, three, four… don’t kill the dumb whore. Five, six, seven, eight, don’t jump up and eat her face…

“But you're right... no reason you should care. Not like you've got anything worth living for with that attitude anyway.”

Maria finished the bourbon and stared at the woman, thinking over what she’d said there. She did have a point there. Maria’s life sucked. But then again, what choice did she really have? She was doing what she did best. Killing people. And she got paid to do it. So really, who the fuck did this lady think she was to come here and judge her? what perfect life has she led? Maria was no fool. No one who has the stink of gun oil on their fingers is a saint, not by any measure. Plus she seemed to have some experience with feral mutants, which explained why she wasn't pissing herself yet, even after Maria had threatened to rip her face off and wear it. But that was all Maria knew about the woman. For someone who seemed to 'need' Maria for something, this Vertigo wasn't giving her a lot to work with. All she'd managed to do was remind Maria about how fucked up and shitty her life was. Yea. Thanks for the reminder. Moving on.

“Jeez lady… you SUCK at this.” Maria observed after a moment, having managed to calm down enough to speak. “Like, really. First you show up here, asking all these stupid questions about my feelings, and us being mutants so therefore we gotta’ be buddies or whatever the fuck. Then, after I make it really clear that I’m not interested in buying whatever it is your selling, which by the way, you still haven’t explained, you shit on my life’s choices? Whoa. Either you don’t know how shitty you are at asking people for help… or this is your first time selling this whatever it is your trying to sell.” Maria said, then smiling a knowing smile. “It is, isn’t it? I’m the first person you came to with this, aren’t I?” Maria let out a loud laugh. “Well, if that’s true then that just makes this whole thing even more pathetic then it already it. Of all the mutants out there, you came to ME first?! Jeez lady.” Maria laughed and then shook her head ruefully. She then sighed and reached into her pocket and pulled out a business card, Maria holding it up for the woman to see.

“Tell you what Vertigo. I’ll make it easy for ya. You want my help? Then you’ll have to do what every other lowlife has to do; you gotta pay. Five thousand cash, in advance, then ten thousand dollars after the job’s done. That's my fee for an average job. Don’t like the price? There’s the door. Please let it hit you on your way out. Maybe it’ll knock some sense into you.” Maria said with a chuckle. Then she put the card down on the woman’s lap before reaching for the beer the bartender had brought, and took a heavy sip. “And by the way, a word of advice; know your fucking audience before you go out bothering them. Your delivery is shit.”

words: 675 | tag: Vertigo | outfit: Click Here. |

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates
MP