$(document).ready(function () { $(window).scroll(function () { if ($(this).scrollTop() > 100) { $('.scrollup').fadeIn(); } else { $('.scrollup').fadeOut(); } }); $('.scrollup').click(function () { $("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600); return false; }); });
Toggle Cbox

Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Ada
Everest
Spotlights
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Add Reply
New Poll

Paying the Vig, Black Cat / Spider-Man
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 11:11 AM
6 posts
22 years old
''
Application
Black Cat
Humans
Anti Registration

Eddie Postanzi walked slowly across the floor of the old repair garage, his delivery in hand. The brown paper bag he carried was heavy--too heavy. Eddie wasn't sure how Tommy Fingers knew he was there, but the large man at one of the work benches turned slowly to face him. Eyes in the back of his head, he thought.

A lot of the underbosses took up a side business to square things with the tax-man, and Tommy "Fingers" Dalucci wasn't any different. He'd been doing this racket a long time, all from his grease-stained, dirty little garage in the South Bronx. The lines and wrinkles of age lined his face, but Fingers was an imposing figure even while sitting. He eyed the delivery skeptically, and pointed one of his fat, ridiculous namesakes in Eddie's direction.

"You're late, Pooch...last one to come in, matter-a-fact. I was about to start makin' some calls."

Eddie raised his hands in a peaceful gesture. They called him "Pooch," and the name stuck--not just because he owned a dog, but because it used to leave dog-hair all over his clothes. He loved that dog...and when it died a decade ago, people stopped calling him that outta respect. The old gambinos like Fingers remembered, however--especially when they were annoyed.

"Had a little trouble, that's all. One of my rackets made good on the vigorish, and paid off the principal."

Fingers scowled. "Sorry, I don't hear so fuckin' good these days. He did fuckin' what?"

Loans weren't the only racket Tommy Fingers ran, but it had always been the most profitable. There was no shortage of losers out there, and there was no shortage of losers who'd take out a loan from the families. When it came time to collect, they paid the vigorish - ten percent interest, every week, until they squirreled away enough to pay the principal loan. When someone was paying the vig, you owned them: If the family needed a favor, a place to hide a body, or a gun, or some contraband until the heat was off, they didn't have a choice.

Some guys could stretch the vig out for years, even if it occasionally meant a broken kneecap here or there...or a swim in the east river. It was a license to print their own money. Other losers, however, got lucky enough to pay the vig and the principal in one go. Assholes. If your money wasn't making you more money, you were wasting your money, Fingers always said.

"Paid the whole fuckin' thing," Eddie said as he handed it to the boss. "Couldn't believe it."

Fingers' scowl remained. "Well did you try to stop him? He can't pay the whole thing at once--didja tell him that?"

"Of course I did. But he had witnesses there. Counted it all out in front of them. He's paid up and the neighborhood knows it."

The large man opened the bag, peering inside for a long moment, then threw it across the garage with a harsh growl. "You know what I always say, Pooch."

Eddie knew, but didn't stop him.

"If your money ain't making you more money, you're wasting your money."

"What am I supposed to do? Give his money back?"

"Don't crack wise," Fingers replied. His eyes narrowed as his attention turned toward the floor on the other side of the room. "Wait...where's the fuckin' money?"

The Black Cat wasn't a bad person. Bad things simply happened while she was about.

Usually caused by her.

While she was doing bad things.

She was already sprinting across an adjacent rooftop when she heard Tommy "Fingers" Dalucci calling for the guys. The blonde had a way of finding herself in places where she wasn't wanted, and taking things that weren't hers--but stealing from mobsters was better than bad, right? Possibly even...good?

She wouldn't go that far.

The young woman held a large brown paper bag in one hand, clutching tightly as her other hand raised toward the Brooklyn skyline. A claw-shaped grappling hook exploded from the device, carrying a hundred-metre length of cord toward an adjacent building. She didn't stop running as she reached the edge of the rooftop, swinging upward...free and clear...

Or so she thought...

@Xaos
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Dec 25 2017, 09:05 PM
30 posts
16 years old
''
I can't go to Germany... I have homework.
Application
Spider-Man
Avengers
Pro Registration

With Great Power

Comes Great Responsibility.
Spiderman was a bit outside of his usual neighborhood. But he had been traveling when he happened to see the purse snatcher hop onto a motorcycle and what was he gonna do, not get the little old lady her money back? To tell the truth, Peter had been hoping to find somebody to take out his frustration on. Since the whole debacle at the school Peter had been spiraling. Going out and doing the superhero thing was the only thing where he felt back to normal. But that feeling was gone so quickly. So he kept looking for trouble, and finding it.

Peter was clipping along at a pretty decent swing speed. On his way back, when his spider sense starts screaming at him only seconds before he runs into somebody. He barely had enough time to turn what would have been a body slam into her into a one handed grab. “Sorry... didn't see you there till it was too late to stop.” he said as he soared and landed with the girl. Holy crap it was a girl. A really cute girl. In some kind of costume? Another superhero maybe?

He carefully adjusted into as graceful of a landing as he could manage to the nearby rooftop and set the woman down. “Erm... sorry again. You're not hurt or anything are you?” Please for the love of God, Peter. Don't let your voice break talking to the pretty girl.

To: Cuddly || Words: 241 || Notes: HELLO!
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)
PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 09:06 AM
6 posts
22 years old
''
Application
Black Cat
Humans
Anti Registration

It was as if someone had played her escape in reverse: She'd cast her grappling hook upward, and had been flying in mid-swing, when something suddenly grabbed her and started to carry her backward. Felicia was too surprised even to fight the force...or person behind it.

When they landed on a nearby rooftop, nearly a block away from her intended destination, the woman blinked slowly behind her mask. Her gaze finally seemed to settle on the man against her as they set down.

It was one of them.

Felicia didn't have a problem with superheroes--this was the first one she ever encountered, but she still watched the news. Without them, New York would be an alien wasteland right now. But when they weren't fighting aliens and extradimensional gods, she knew, they were stopping people just like her.

Well, not exactly like her, she thought wryly.

The masked blonde took a step back, raising an eyebrow at the young man. "No, I'm fine...I meant to do that...wait...you're that Scarlet Spider, right?"

@Xaos
PM
^
Peter Parker
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 02:04 PM
30 posts
16 years old
''
I can't go to Germany... I have homework.
Application
Spider-Man
Avengers
Pro Registration

With Great Power

Comes Great Responsibility.
Holy crap. Now what do I do? It's a pretty girl. Holy crap she has boobs. Look at those things. No. Don't look at the boobs. Respect her as a person. Don't look at the boobs. Don't look at the boobs. Don't look at the boobs. Don't look at the boobs. Don't look at the boobs.

“Good... good. I'm... erm... glad you're not hurt.” he said only briefly aware that she messed up his name. Normally he'd be offended.... but right now he was trying desperately to think of ice cold showers and football. “It's... Spider-man. I'm with the Avengers.” he said super awkwardly.

“So... uh... what brings a nice bre... I mean girl like you to the rooftops of Brooklyn?” he said, not helping his situation whatsoever because now he was embarrassed on top of everything else. And as a final nail in the coffin to make him look like a complete and utter perv, Peter's little Peter chose that exact moment to have a reaction, in a skin-tight suit which he had no back pack or notebook with which to hide his biological reaction.

“I don't suppose we could just get you back where you were going, and then I could just die in a hole somewhere and you forget you ever ran into me, could we?”

To: Cuddly || Words: 222 || Notes: HELLO!
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)
PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 11:00 AM
6 posts
22 years old
''
Application
Black Cat
Humans
Anti Registration

Felicia glanced downward--but not at him. She still clutched the brown paper bag tightly in her hand, loaded with the weight of tens of thousands of dollars. Her eyes returned to his own (Not eyes, she noticed...some kind of lenses?), and the Black Cat gave him a sly smile. He sounded nervous, in a cute, quirky kind of way. But he also sounded like a high school freshman.

She raised her arms, arching slightly as she stretched against the moonlight. The woman turned toward the parapet at the edge of the rooftop, and spared a cautious look at the streets below.

"Sorry, Spider-Man, if I go back, I'll probably literally die in a hole somewhere. I just kind of, just a little bit, started a war with one of Brooklyn's crime families."

@Xaos
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
MP
X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG]
FLAWED GENETICS