Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Ravages of Time, Tag: Felicia
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 11:49 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I'm Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man, mutant-turned-private-detective. As a sideline, I send my dupes out into the world to learn things and then rejoin with me so their knowledge is mine. That way I can experience... well... everything.
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

I'm Jamie Madrox the Multiple Man, I'm the best detective X-Factor Investigations has to offer, I'm the ONLY detective X-Factor has to offer. I bet you're wondering right now "why is this guy monologing?" Well, it's because all the best noir cases start with a good monologue. I found myself at Empire State University of all places trying to find the Science Department. 24 hours ago the campus lab was home to one of the rarest archeological finds of the last 20 years, if not longer. An ancient Toltec tablet thought lost for the past thousand years was discovered by a group of archaeologists and brought to ESU for study before its final fate could be decided.

The buzz about the stone tablet was instant, every art collector and historian around the globe clamored to own it, some offering up to $50 million to own this one of a kind piece of a long-dead civilization but every bit was rejected. Guess that's why someone up and stole it right out from under the lab jockey's noses. And that's why I'm here, to figure out who done it and get the tablet back safe and sound.

Considering this stupid hunk of rock is worth $50 million to someone I should be charging allot more than I did, but since I'm new at the P.I. game I figure solving this case will give me the boost of street cred I need to make a name for myself. That's worth the trouble and besides, walking along this campus isn't the worst either.

He thought as he casually walked the grounds of the massive campus, it was certainly better than rummaging through some garbage in a back alley looking for some evidence. It had been a while since he last surrounded himself with students and the notion of higher learning. Jamie himself was never too fond of school but he did what he needed to get by, the rest he left up to his dupes.

Dressed in black jeans, sneakers, a not-so-heavy jacket, scarf and a wool beanie to keep his head warm, the mutant detective passed the group students talking about some kegger they attended last weekend, admittedly it sounded fun. Too bad Jamie wasn't a student anymore and 28-year-olds rarely got invited to college parties, not that it was a good idea, to begin with. Heading along the path he found a large building ahead of him, with no clue as to where he was heading he walked inside and was pleasantly surprised at what he found.

He'd stumbled upon the gymnasium and aside from the jocks warming up for their next football practice he was distracted by the cheerleaders and gymnasts. Stretching and flexing in those leotards and all of them were at least 18 or older, no jailbait in sight. So far this was his best case yet. Standing off to the side with his hands in his coat pockets he watched one young blonde woman, in particular, some sort of gymnast, and she was pretty amazing........looking. Not bad on the balance beams either.

PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 11:54 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Cuddly
Alias
Humans
Anti Registration

If Empire State University's athletics department was known for one thing, it was football, according to New Yorkers. But if it was known for two things, it was football and basketball.

Somewhere further down the list was the school's gymnastics team, which had only recently been recognised as a contender in the NCAA Northeast Division...but not so much of a contender that they could have the gymnasium to themselves when the gymnasts turned up for practice. The squeak of sneakers against polished wood, the grunts and shouts of players and their coaches echoed throughout the gym. It was distracting, but even the distraction had its benefits--if you couldn't perform while sharing the arena with other sports teams, how were you supposed to perform in front of thousands of spectators?

Felicia Hardy had seen gymnasts who couldn't withstand the scrutiny, who froze in front of the crowd. She wasn't one of them. Felicia actually sort of liked the attention, and there was usually a lot of it.

She was was easily one of the team's crowning jewels, and more than one ESPN anchor had opined in recent months that Felicia had Olympic potential. But that, she suspected, wasn't why the seats filled up at ESU's gymnastics meets. Some people came to see ESU, a longtime underdog on the gymnastics circuit, finally find its place in the sun. Some were fair-weather fans who appreciated that the team had finally gotten a bit of talent, and would lose interest just as soon as the team lost.

And some came simply to watch. Felicia had long since gotten used to the stares, the bulging eyes, the slack jaws of the gaggle of cartoon wolves that comprised ESU's football squad, who often wondered--a bit too loudly--how a woman who looked like Felicia could move the way she could.

Magic, she told people sarcastically.

The platinum-blonde moved effortlessly across the balance beam, bare legs flexing as she reached the end. For Felicia, it didn't take thought or conscious action--this was routine for her. She took a breath, and spun quickly into a series of backward handsprings, across the narrow platform. Seconds later, the gymnast stopped in a handstand, one leg extended in front of her, the other behind her, forming a shape very much like a "T" across the balance beam.

Felicia held the pose for several long seconds, and then swept upward, rising to her feet in one graceful motion. Somewhere, she heard a wolf-whistle. She ignored it, and turned sharply into a forward handspring, then a somersault from the edge of the beam. Felicia landed in a vertical stance, hands raised outward.

Her coach strode forward, clapping his hands at the display. "If you're anywhere near this good at our next meet, you'll have another trophy to add to your collection, Felicia."

The young woman took a slight bow, and gave him a somewhat shy smile as she started toward the bleachers. "The others can probably do better...I'm just happy to compete."

"You're modest, but you've really come out of your shell since you first joined the team. We're happy to have you."

Another gymnast stood and approached the beam as Felicia took her seat, crossing one leg over the other. She'd come out of her shell...that was one way of putting it. Felicia wasn't exactly shy, and she was no stranger to the occasional on-campus party. But she didn't really do...people...well.

At least, not the kind of people she found on this campus. Her eyes scanned the crowd of other student athletes occupying the gym. They weren't her sort of people...and she wasn't theirs. Not if they knew who she really was, at any rate...

@Green
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 06:13 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I'm Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man, mutant-turned-private-detective. As a sideline, I send my dupes out into the world to learn things and then rejoin with me so their knowledge is mine. That way I can experience... well... everything.
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

Why didn't girls look like this when I was in college? I might have stayed a few more years. got a few more degrees, maybe become a doctor. I sure would like to play doctor with her. Okay focus, focus Madrox, you got a job to do, think with your big head not the little one.

He cleared his throat trying to bring his mind out of the gutter after watching Felicia's performance. Pulling his fabric hat a bit further down his head he tried to blend in with the whole "hipster college student" look and investigate things while undercover. There was allot at stake and Jamie wasn't about to fuck it up, at least he was trying really really hard not to. Fate just had a funny way of screwing with him from time to time.

"Hey, Felicia right? I think we're in the same English Lit class. That was a pretty awesome.....thing....on the whole beam or whatever."

He overheard her coach, thankfully enough the guy used her first name to make his deception a bit easier. There was a gamble in his lie, one he was willing to take. Hopefully she actually took an English Lit class and wasn't too observant as to whom was in said class with her. It made for a better cover than talent scout. Making things up as he went along usually worked, but when it didn't it made quite the big mess.

"Anyway....I was supposed to meet someone from my Bio-Chem class over in the lab but I got turned around and ended up here. My sense of direction sucks."

the dark-haired mutant played up the helpless pup card to gain her sympathy in hopes of her giving him the information he needed. People were more likely to tell you what you need to know if they feel sorry for you or want to correct your mistake, it was a better tactic than interrogation even if that could be fun from time to time.

PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 02:26 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Cuddly
Alias
Humans
Anti Registration

Felica turned slightly, raising a blonde eyebrow at the man who spoke to her from the gym's floor. She didn't recognise him...but then, she never did go out of her way to make friends at this school. After a long moment, the gymnast gave a slight shrug, slowly noticing as other members of her team started to turn their heads in her direction.

Her expression turned skeptical. "You're in biological chemistry, and you don't know where the lab is?"

It was a typical freshman mistake, but this man didn't look like a freshman. He looked like a Junior, at least...

"The labs are on the other side of campus, near the street," she said nonchalantly. "Big building, glass sides--you can't miss it."

@Green
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 04:35 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

"What can I say? I haven't been going to class much."

He played the slacker card since it was his strong suit. It was actually pretty close to his true self, if he hadn't lived in his old high school he would have gotten away with skipping class more often. Not so easy when you're a student at the Xavier Institute, having a telepathic headmaster like Charles and a rule-enforcing teacher's pet like Scott Summers always breathing down your neck.

That made things prettychalanging for Jamie way back when but he still managed to bend the rule as best he could and still have his fun, anything to get under Scott's skin and spare him from a boring class. Standing in front of Felicia made Jamie a bit self-conscious. He wondered if his breath was okay or not or weather she could tell he slept in this shirt.

"Tho I did hear some crazy artifact was being held there. It's suppossed to be worth allot of money. You know anything about it?"

Odds are she had heard something, if she wasn't a science-nerd herself, and I don't think she is, then maybe she knows someone who knows someone who knows something about the mysterious tablet that got stolen

He thought to himself, making sure his eyes were locked with hers so as to create a stong interpersonal bond. Madrox learned the hard way that women respond better and respect a guy more when they look them in the eye instead of at their breasts.

PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 11:15 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Cuddly
Alias
Humans
Anti Registration

Somehow, she managed not to let her surprise show at the next question. Some crazy artifact. She knew of one, specifically...but why was he asking her?

Someone must have seen her. She felt her suspicion (or paranoia?) rising as she studied the man.

"Archaeology is on the north side, near the commons," the gymnast said nonchalantly. "You might not find the Ark of the Covenant, or whatever it is, but they've got some old, interesting stuff there..."

@Green
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 04:17 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

Well score one for the ol' detective skills. 5 minutes talking to this girl and I already know where to find this old hunk of junk.

Jamie thought to himself, on the outside he had a nonchalant look on his face while on the inside he was sporting a cocky grin. Maybe Felicia was just damn good at keeping her secret from the mutant detective or perhaps he was just distracted by her looks, or yet still he could just be not very good at his job yet. All three were plausible, only time would tell which one was right.

"Harrison Ford fan huh? You got good taste, and here I left my fedora and whip at home."

He chuckled at his own comment tho the thought of this ancient tablet emitting a beam that could melt ones face clean off and ultimately end up inside a crate in a massive warehouse with millions of other identical crates really made his stomach churn. This better be a lot easier than the hassle Indiana went through, on the plus side Jamie was pretty sure Nazi's weren't going to try and kill him along the way but then he learned to never say never.

"Thanks for the tip, if I ever get lost again I know who to come to."

He gave a smirk to the blonde having run out of excuses to chat her up and the sooner he got to work the sooner he'd get paid. There'd always be time for ladies afterward. Madrox took a few steps backward with his gaze still on her, not seeing the other woman gymnast trying to rehydrate behind him, bumping into her slightly. Not enough to send either of them falling to the floor but enough to embarrass himself. Before it got any worse he headed out of the gym to head toward the last known place the tablet was seen according to Felicia's directions.

PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 04:59 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Cuddly
Alias
Humans
Anti Registration

Several annoyed glances briefly followed Jaime to the door, before those glances turned on Felicia, herself. The blonde shook her head as if to answer the unasked question: No, she didn't know him. No, she wasn't dating him. No, she didn't suddenly take up an interest in archaeology.

Slowly, the gymnasts seemed to return to their business as another was called up to the balance beam. Felicia's mind, however, drifted back to the man as practice continued: The question, the artifact...it seemed a bit too convenient.

Did he know?

Felicia felt a tap on her shoulder a few moments later, and another gymnast told her it was time to head back to the locker rooms. Practice had ended, and she'd been too distracted to notice.

As she started across the gymnasium floor, her thoughts turned to the archaeology building. Maybe she'd pay the department a visit, after all...

@Green
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Mar 9 2018, 08:45 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

Jamie headed toward the archeology department unaware of the danger that was waiting for him there. By the time he located the right building and made his way inside it was already too late. He was met with the barrel of a shotgun, 6 men dressed in dark clothing, the kind of men you didn't want to meet in a dark alley were holding the entire department hostage.

"Don't move."

The thug holding the shotgun ordered as he kept the weapon trained on Jamie who instinctively threw his hand up in the air to show he was both unarmed and surrendered. The man was in his 40's and had the face of a long-time criminal, the kind of face that had seen some shit. Although his most noticeable feature of this particular thug was his flat-top head, it was very Frankenstein-like, all he needed was the green skin and the bolts in his neck.

"Hey, I was just looking for the bathroom but I can see you're busy so I'll let myself out."

His fast-talking didn't impress the thug much and Madrox was smacked to the ground with the butt of the gun causing him to bleed from the side of his head as he fell to the floor.

"Shut up wise ass. Now, which one of you is Doc Conners?...."

He asked but the room of science majors and teachers were hesitant to answer they feared for their lives and they weren't about to sacrifice Conners to these gun-toting thugs. Angered, he shot off a round from his shotgun aimed at one of the computers, blowing it to kingdom come and startling the lab workers.

"I won't ask again...."

The thug threatened the group in his gruff voice, it was then that Jamie started to recognize him. Yea, the weird skull should've given it away sooner, he'd heard about this mobster dubbed "Hammerhead" from one of his contacts, word on the street was he used to work for Silvermane as part of the Maggia, but switched over to work for the mysterious "Big Man". Both Maggia families were now fighting to take control of the city in the absence of the Kingpin, all thanks to the Devil of Hell's Kitchen. Reluctantly, a one-armed man stood up from the cowering horde.

"I-I'm Doctor Conners, please, I beg you leave these innocent people alone."

"Dat's better, you're commin with us doc. Move!"

Hammerhead's men grabbed the frightened doctor and began shoving him toward the door, most likely to a car waiting for them outside. Conners was the lead scientist on the tablet before it was stolen, odds were these goons were the ones who took it and now needed Conners' help in unraveling its mysteries.

Madrox couldn't let them get away. By slamming his fist into the floor a few times he was able to create 2 dupes, each one sporting the same wound on the side of their heads. The three Madri, that's the plural of Madrox, charged at the gang of thugs trying to clobber a few of them and rescue the good doctor.

"Not so fast flat top!"

An all-out brawl broke out between Hammerhead's five goons and the three Madri, the odds were in the enemy's favor but Jamie did have some impressive Danger Room training from his time learning from the X-Men as a teen.

PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 10:21 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Cuddly
Alias
Humans
Anti Registration

There was a saying about curiosity and cats, Felicia thought as she arrived at the Archaeology department building. Of course, there was also a saying about 'returning to the scene of the crime.'

But that man at practice had aroused her curiosity, just enough for her to do something like this. A stranger--the more she thought about it, the more certain Felicia was that he wasn't in any of her classes--approaching her in the middle of gymnastics practice, on the other side of campus, to ask her about a stone tablet...The possibility that this was coincidence was distant, at best.

Felicia made good time across campus, making a point to keep to the back streets, ducking between buildings, her gym bag hefted easily in one hand. Her long, platinum-blonde hair trailed behind her as she moved, like the tail of a comet as she rushed onward. She wasn't quite sure why she was in such a rush...she only intended to watch, and listen. Who was he?

When Felicia arrived, she could hear a commotion on the other side of the building's double doors. Ignoring the alarm-bells ringing in her mind, she opened it...and an more immediate question arose in her mind: Who were they?

One of the professors was being led away from the campus at gunpoint (the gunmen couldn't have been more obviously mobsters if they were being led by Al Pacino, himself), as the man from the gym fought alongside (Brothers? Triplets?) to get to him.

Felicia froze uncertainly in the doorway as the chaos unfolded.

What...?

@Green
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 12:58 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

Only in New York can you get into a fistfight with a bunch of mobsters in the middle of a college campus. Or is that just me?

The "prime" Madrox thought as he and his dupes fought like a well-oiled machine. They may have represented different aspects of his personality which more than often times collided with one another to Jamie's annoyance, but when it came to situations like this they could rely on each other since they all shared the same training and experiences.

The three Madri jumped one of the thugs, six fists, one face, either way you do the math it doesn't end well for the thug. Essentially Jamie's main tactic in combat is to overwhelm the enemy with the odds in his favor, that was his gimmick. Scott Summers tried to enforce the idea that no mutant should ever rely on their powers too much in a fight, after all, there were ways to strip a mutant of their powers either by another mutant or by advanced technology. Jamie was one kid who never really listened to Scott or any other authority figure during his time at the X-Mansion. A lesson he had to learn the hard way.

Drawing his gun, Hammerhead shot off two rounds, one hitting a dupe while the other hit the prime Jamie right through the back hitting his kidney. His dupe was wounded but could survive his injuries as he fell to the floor but Madrox himself was a goner. He would bleed to death in a matter of moments if not for one of his other tricks. Before it was too late he reabsorbed his two dupes like a vacuum cleaner sucking up dust bunnies. Combining the healthier dupes back into himself he healed enough to survive his injuries but was left on the ground groaning in pain.

"Cute trick you got there..."

Hammerhead scowled as he stood over Jamie with the gun aimed down at the mutant's head and finger on the trigger. The mobster thought it over for a second and then placed the gun back inside his jacket holster.

"Tie up the freak, we're taking him with us."

His men didn't argue, using a cloth doused in chloroform they grabbed Jamie off the floor and knocked him out with the chemical the same way they knocked out poor Dr. Connors and caried both men away and tossed them into the back of a truck waiting just outside. Tires screeched as the truck peeled off away from the campus before security or the cops showed up.

The driver would take the long route back to the skyscraper to which they operated out of, being extra careful not to be followed by any other vehicle as he drove. The truck eventually made it to the parking garage that annexed with the skyscraper, men in dark clothing guarded the garage and especially the elevator that led inside the building. Hammerhead and his men didn't waste time in unloading the two unconscious men and carried them to the elevator.

Minutes passed and the elevator car reached the top floor, the office of one L. Thompson Lincoln, a very well respected and well-connected businessman who rarely made public appearances due to his....unusual appearance. He was better known as "the Big Man" to his minions and "Tombstone" to his enemies since that was usually what they ended up needing after crossing him. Not to mention his white chalky, rock-like skin and gravely voice played a factor in his nickname. Tombstone sat behind his desk as his right-hand man, Hammerhead and his men brought Jamie and Connors before him.

"I believe I was expecting only one guest tonight Hammerhead, care to explain?"

"Sorry boss, this mutie freak tried to stop us when we grabbed Conners, I figured it was best to bring him to, could make for a useful guinea pig?"

"I see....I'm going to overlook this incident for now but the next time you don't follow my orders to the letter there will be consequences."

Tombstone didn't even need to raise his voice to send a chill of fear down his men's spines. The fact that he could literally snap each of them in half without much effort was enough motive to keep them fearfully in line.

"Take the mutant to the holding cells and keep an eye on him, as for Conners, get him to work right away."

PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 04:39 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Cuddly
Alias
Humans
Anti Registration

It was simultaneously the most confusing, strange and horrific thing Felicia had ever seen. While seeing the "student" again answered a few questions, the encounter only raised a million more. He was a mutant, or some sort of metahuman, at least...and fighting the mob.

Just when Jaime seemed to have the upper hand, however, a gun settled things. She'd always found it somewhat ironic, really--there were mutants who could shoot lasers from their eyes, lift streetcars over their heads, move things with their minds, and people were terrified of them. A man with a gun could be just as dangerous, but certain politicians were far more interested in regulating one than the other.

Perhaps at some time in the future (like perhaps when there wasn't a wounded man lying on the ground less than five meters away from her, with panicked students and professors screaming on all sides), Felicia might be tempted to wonder further about why mutants don't hire lobbyists of their own.

The wounded man was hefted up and carried to a waiting vehicle, and Felicia watched, frozen. As the vehicle started off, she fought the urge to rush after them...or at least to ring the police, like a normal person might have.

The urge to chase, however, won over her own instincts. And she mentally kicked herself with every step. She wasn't a hero...this wasn't her problem...

Even an olympic-level athlete can't outrun a car at full sprint, across Manhattan, without getting winded--and definitely not without being noticed. Especially not a woman like Felicia. She gave up the chase after about a half-kilometer, and sighed as confused eyes turned in her direction from the street around her.

It wasn't her problem...so why was she chasing them? There was a word for her motivation...something that she couldn't quite put to words. Was it conscience?

She scoffed inwardly at the idea, and turned around. Conscience or not, it wasn't her problem...

@Green
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 11:17 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

Son of a bitch....can't believe I let that Robert DeNiro wannabe shoot me like that. If it weren't for my dupes I'd be dead. Can only imagine what the X-Men would say if they saw that epic failure.

Madrox sighed as he sat in Tombstone's cold "dungeon". It was basically an 8ft by 8ft box with a metal door and a bucket, one could only imagine what it was for, from what he could hear there wasn't anybody around his cell. A space between the bottom of the door and the floor was only half an inch wide, just enough for him to peek out ever so slightly. It was a good thing these mobsters didn't know how his powers worked.

Madrox slipped his hand underneath the crack of the door and slammed his fist into the ground hard enough to activate his powers which allowed him to create a dupe on the other side of the door outside in the hallway. From there the dupe unlocked the door for the prime Jamie.

"Hold on, we can't both escape or then Tombstone will sound the alarm besides one of us has to keep an eye on Doc Connors."

"Do we, I mean who's gonna miss the one-armed man?"

"Yes we do it's just how we're gonna do things so shut up and get in there."

The prime Jamie didn't have time to argue as he didn't know if or when Tombstone's men would return. He shoved his dupe into the room and locked the door again, good thing there wasn't a security cam around. From there the prime Jamie just had to sneak out unnoticed which was easier said than done but he managed thanks to his Shaolin monk stealth skills. Meanwhile, in Tombstones penthouse...

"Where is the tablet Dr. Connors?"

Tombstone asked in his low gravely voice with his back faced to the scientist now kneeling on the ground with two goons holding him there.

"I-I don't know it was stolen! Please let me go!"

"And how do I know you didn't have a hand in its theft? After all your department is struggling financially a portion of the profits would have you set for life."

"No, no! I'd never.....I'm a man of science, I'd never betray that for money."

Tombstone had been in this situation before, some helpless cretin who didn't know what answer would get him killed or let him live.Years of dealing with those sorts of people allowed Tombstone to get a gut feeling about who was lying to him or not and it was right on the money 9 times out of 10 but just to be safe he had some leverage. Pulling out his smartphone he walked to Curt and showed him a live feed on the screen. One of Hammerhead's men with a gun pointed at his wife Martha and young son Billy in the Conner's home. It was enough to make the tears well up in the doctor's eyes.

"I'm telling you the truth....pleaseee!! Don't hurt my family."

"Alright, the good news is we have ESU's lead scientist all we need is the tablet itself. There must be a way to locate it before the competition discover it's secrets."

"If you.....if you give me some equipment I'll be able to track it. the tablet gives off a unique energy signature which grows stronger if it is exposed to ultraviolet light. Whoever took it is in great danger if they expose it to any kind of light source."

"It sounds to me like it's only a matter of time before our thief ends up dead..."

PM
^
Felicia Hardy
 Posted: Mar 25 2018, 08:59 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Cuddly
Alias
Humans
Anti Registration

It had been an hour since the shooting, the chaos at the University. Security at the campus was high, and television and radio pundits were already grasping at the issue. A school shooting, a mob hit--rumours were swirling by the time Felicia reached her cozy apartment in Queens.

She hunched over a burlap sack, tucked away like the purloined letter among a pile of clean laundry, and started to open it. Stealing this thing the night before had been a matter of fun for her. There were few fences who could sell this thing for her, and fewer who would do it without drawing attention to themselves--or herf.

Felicia had imagined after a few days, she might just take it back to the university, possibly leaving behind a clever note. Thanks for letting me borrow this. Signed, the Pink Panther.

It didn't make much sense, considering that the Pink Panther was the name of the diamond in those movies, rather than the thief. But like Frankenstein, most people didn't know the difference.

There was nothing funny about this, however. Whatever this tablet was, the situation was spiraling well out of control. The theft had been almost too easy for her, but now there were mutants, mobsters and others looking for it. Stealing artifacts hadn't quite been in her realm of expertise--give her jewels over this any day, Felicia thought. But there was one rule that applied to the situation:

Never go after the Maltese Falcon.

Not the literal Maltese Falcon, obviously. It was a placeholder name Felicia tended to use for anything that could have been described as a McGuffin. The term originated with Alfred Hitchcock, and described any object that drove the plot of a good caper story--The Ark of the Covenant, the Maltese Falcon, the Pink Panther Diamond or the world's greatest chicken salad recipe. It didn't matter what the McGuffin was, Hitchcock said. It only mattered that all of the leading characters wanted it.

Stealing the Maltese Falcon, or this bloody artifact, was already starting to draw the wrong sort of attention. She could risk holding onto it, waiting a few months, and then doing something with it...or she could put as much distance between the tablet and herself as possible.

It wasn't a difficult decision.

Felicia stood and strode across her room, to the closet where her costume waited for her. It was going to be a long night...

@Green
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 08:21 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

Madrox managed to escape Tombstone's complex but he was no closer to solving the case than when he started. Well, maybe not. He did know Tombstone didn't have the tablet or else he would be playing guinea pig right now. That meant the tablet was still out there somewhere and whoever had it didn't have Curt Connors to figure out what it could do. If they didn't have him that meant they either had someone better which seemed unlikely, or they had other intentions for the tablet. Madrox's gut told him whoever had the hunk of rock must've planned on selling it since it was the hottest piece of history to hit the news in the last decade.

"If someone is gonna fence this thing, I need to find it fast."

He said as he thought out loud while walking down an alleyway, out of view of the prying public eye. There were a few people he knew of that dealt with "hot" items, the kind that were on the less reputable markets for easy cash. Time was running out and he had allot of ground to cover but lucky for Jamie he had the perfect mutant power to help in this situation. He repeatedly stomped his foot against the ground, each time a dupe was created, he did so until he had 30 dupes surrounding him in the large dirty area behind a Chinese food place. His own personal army.

"You all know the drill, fan out, find some leads....."

The toll of making so many dupes at once was great on Jamie. Making a couple was fine but 30 was almost his limit. Not to mention the fact that he'd been shot less than 3 hours ago and almost died, it just wasn't his lucky day. As separates went their seperate ways he was once again alone, trusting his other selves todo a decent job and not muck around. Heading back out from the alley he turned and entered the restaurant to order himself some food to replenish his energy. Some sweet and sour chicken with pork fried rice and an eggroll on the side was what he really needed right now.

"I need a vacation..."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates