Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Family Ties, Tag: Jamie Madrox
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 07:12 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I will find them. I will stop them from killing innocents. I will do what's right.
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

Living Person or Living Weapon?
X-23/Laura Kinney
Why was she doing this?

Why should she take the chance?

These questions had been running through her mind for the last hour as she walked silently along the said same streets of New York she once had called her home. Her mind raced with questions and memories as she looked about her at all the people of the city going about normal everyday lives, playing out what was undoubtedly for many the same life scenarios day in and day out. People with lives like that often complained about them, nothing new or exciting ever seemed to happen for them and thus they considered said lives boring or humdrum. They honestly didn’t know how good they had it; they didn’t know the joys of normality, of every day existence.

Laura Kinney’s life had never been normal.

When the clone of the mutant Wolverine had freed herself from the grasp of the Wepaon X program and destroyed their Facility up north she had run as was expected. After hiding for a few days in the dense Canadian wilderness and avoiding the facility patrol/recovery teams she had made the decision to make a move down south across the border. She had very few choices of where she could go but one had stuck out in her mind, had nagged at her for what it could offer in life information if not in tactical protection. In the course of her time as the program’s living weapon her mother had sent her out on a very secret and very personal mission to save the daughter of her sister from kidnappers. She had been successful and had brutally slaughtered those who had tried to harm someone her mother cared about. She had returned the girl to her home unscathed and with no one the wiser. Sarah Kinney’s sister and niece, Laura’s aunt and her cousin, were the only living connection to any kind of familial relationship other than her genetic template The Wolverine. Though she had even then wanted to find Wolverine and come to understand herself better through him she also wanted to know and understand her mother better as well. She had let her burgeoning feelings lead her then to their doorstep and surprisingly they had taken her in with the loving care of true family. Fate however would not let someone as artificial as Laura have a happily ever after. The program came for her lead by her former handler Kimura. Laura had fought to save her family and in the end left her once most hated tormenter to seemingly die in an explosion that had destroyed her aunts home. After this she had made it clear to Deborah and Megan Kinney what she actually was and the dangers of staying together in the open. With the covert experience that had been instilled by the said same program now hunting her she helped her aunt and cousin set up new lives for themselves across the country and vowed to herself never to interfere in their lives again so that they could stay safe.

Why then was she even considering this crazy and all together uncharacteristic idea?

“Family…” She spoke the word to herself as she turned the same street corner for the third time in so many hours and looked towards the old brown stone building that had been mentioned by others at the Xavier Institute. Family was important or so it had become clear to her in the short time she had been around so many other people at the school. Most people, faculty and students, at the Institute seemed to consider each other as extended family. They cared for one another to one extent to another and did all they could to protect one another. Family was about love, caring and holding dear those whom were important in your life blood related or not. That is what the X-Men would have her believe at any rate. She could not dispute the genuineness of their feelings for one another or even the honest care that some had started to show towards her. That, she silently figured, was why thoughts of her aunt and cousin had started to pop up in her mind once more. She wanted to keep them safe yes and the best way to do so would be to stay away from them but she had not heard from them or seen them in so long. She didn’t know how they were, if they were even safe without her being away.

She needed to be sure…

She needed to know…

Slowly she crossed the street and stood in front of the old brownstone. It was a building like almost any other on the street, build probably in the last century as part of the Victorian era of New York industrialization. These homes were on the cheaper side these days what with neighborhoods like this being less and less urbanized, the streets becoming harder and the general growth of the population ever expanding. Unlike the other buildings though this one had a sign prominently posted outside one of its landings with the words X-Factor Investigations clearly emblazoned on it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 11:02 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I'm Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man, mutant-turned-private-detective. As a sideline, I send my dupes out into the world to learn things and then rejoin with me so their knowledge is mine. That way I can experience... well... everything.
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

It was the holidays and Jamie was celebrating by.....doing absolutely nothing. It was the time of year to give onto others and spread goodwill toward your fellow man, spend time with family. Well, Jamie had no family, not that it meant he was lonely, sure he could go back to his alma mater the Xavier Institue but that didn't seem like a good idea. Instead, he was content sitting in his office alone with himself and a bottle of whiskey.

"I wonder...."

Said the duplicate to the "prime" Madrox, the two of them wearing identical green t-shirts with yellow circles connected by lines decorating the front. A pair of jeans and a jacket completed the outfit.

"If you and I, two Jamie Madroxes had....you know....with each other, would that constitute actual, you know..."

The prime Madrox was left speechless tho not out of anger but out of sheer confusion. It would take a bit to shuffle through his alcoholic buzz to try and come up with a solid answer. Another shot of whiskey helped him to forget the question entirely and start thinking about something more important. He just needed something more important to pop into his mind.

Something like a strange girl standing outside his door. Any distraction was welcome at this point and business was business. Pressing the button next to the intercom device allowed him to speak to the young woman on his porch. Maybe she was unaware that he could see her on his security cam and was simply lost in thought.

"Hey, hey you. Are you gonna stand there all night or what?"

PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Dec 28 2017, 10:33 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I will find them. I will stop them from killing innocents. I will do what's right.
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

X-23/Laura Kinney
The voice that came through the intercom system had been unexpected and had made Laura immediately stiffen. She had not noticed the small camera device or the intercom on the side of the door and for this she chided herself. She was more often than not fully aware of her surroundings down to the smallest detail because that was how she had been brought up… no… programmed to be. She was a living weapon, a killing machine, and to be effective in that kind of existence one needed to be open to everything around them at all times. She had failed in this by letting her mind wander to thoughts of her family and to the people at the Institute. She growled low both to herself and to the voice over the PA system, her hands momentarily balling into fists as the urge to rip the small machine from the wall with her claws came on and then passed just as quickly.

“Are you Jamie Arthur Madrox?” She finally spoke up, her eyes looking into the cam almost blankly as the intense emotions she had only just felt seemed to once again slip away into nothingness. “ Aka Multiple-Man, Aka Legion, Aka Schiziod Man, Aka Multitask, Aka Carbon Copy?” She rattled off all of the known alies’ his Xavier Institute file had provided her when she had looked up the man who had been referred to her for her problem. “Founder and currently sole operator of X-Factor Investigations?” She again questioned, her tone rather bland and almost mechanical as she crackled off these facts as any computer might.

Laura finally paused waiting for the man to respond as she took a step back away from the door to give the building a more thorough look over. It was a common building, a duplex which it seemed Madrox has converted into a business as well as a dwelling. It had many windows though most seemed to be shuttered up at the moment. She could see the rows on the top floor where a soft light emanated from in the quickly dimming evening light. Off the side between the buildings there was no doubt a fire escape which would give anyone easy access in or out if need be by its very design. She could see that it wasn’t an overly defensible position but there were monitoring devices and undoubtedly a few surprises set for anyone who might be stupid enough to break in. With a deep breath she felt better now having made a better and clearer assessment of what she was possibly walking into. Ready and waiting for a response she turned back to the camera and stared blankly into it waiting for the man to affirm or deny who he was.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 04:34 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I'm Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man, mutant-turned-private-detective. As a sideline, I send my dupes out into the world to learn things and then rejoin with me so their knowledge is mine. That way I can experience... well... everything.
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

"Yeayeayea, let's just stick to Madrox for now okay?"

Said Jamie as he rubbed his temple with a slightly annoyed tone, "Carbon Copy" was one of his nicknames back when he was a student at Xavier's school. A name he hated, obviously she was one of his newer students, only they would know that name.

What the hell is one of Xavier's kids doing at my doorstep? She's not here to socialize I hope, not that she seems capable of doing so. She talks like a robot. Could be a trap, someone who wants me dead. Then again my would-be-killer is awfully polite to ring my doorbell.

Thought the "prime" Madrox as his finger pressed the button to release the magnetic lock on the front door to allow the girl in.

"You think Scott sent her?"

"How should I know? It's not like I keep in touch. I'm just as surprised as you."

"Maybe she's here to ask us for help with her homework?"

The dupe would say to prime Jamie with a smart-ass smile on his face. In that moment Jamie wanted to smack himself for such a dumbass comment but that would just make another dupe. The path to his office was pretty easy, all Laura had to do was follow the stairs up to the second floor, the wooden door with the large window was pretty self evident. Jamie even went the extra mile to make his business seem ligit by hiring someone to imprint "X-Factor Investigations" in gold text along the bottomof the glass. He could already hear her walking up the steps, once she was on the other side of the door his dupe would open the door for her.

Some would be taken aback to see two idendtical individuals in the same room, for the rest of the world he could pass it off as having a twin brother but he didn't need that lame excuse for a fellow mutant.

"Have a seat.....what can I do for you?"

The prime Jamie said as he sat behind his desk with his elbows resting on the wooden surface while his fingers entangled together just under his nose.

"Can I get ya a beer?"

The dupe would say with a stupid grin, Jamie shot him an icy glare. Going by her appearance she looked between 16 and 18, not quite the legal drinking age.

"Ignore him."

PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 07:12 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

X-23/Laura Kinney
The moment Laura stepped into the building she caught the scent of multiple individuals, or rather it was one individual but the scent was emanating from more than one location. She knew what this meant so it came as no surprise for she had done her research on Mr. Madrox before even contemplating taking this action. His powers allowed him to make exact duplicates of himself down to the cellular level. In essence he could instantaneously clone himself merely by sustaining kinetic force to his person, IE being hit. The exact details behind this power, the science as it were that made this mutation possible was not accessible information at the Institute unless you were one of the higher faculty but those details were not relevant to the reason for Laura coming here so it was not necessary at the moment to totally understand. In addition to the multitude of same scents she could also clearly smell the odor of alcohol on the air, so much so that she could even taste its bitterness in her mouth as she started to ascend the stairs. One or more of the Madrox’ had been drinking as recently as a few moments ago. Indeed playing back the brief conversation she had just had over the PA system she was quite certain that the one she had spoken to might have had the faintest hint of a slur to his words. He was not inebriated, at least not to the point of making no sense, but he was not totally sober either. She wondered as she approached the door with its gold stencilling if that would play to her advantage or be a hindrance to what she had to propose to the man.

As she entered she took a moment to take stock of her surroundings once more. The office was what appeared to be the living room of this apartment area though it was furnished with a desk, filing cabinet and a potted plant with wilting branches and leaves. She could see that the desk sported two large stacks of assorted papers and mail, a two monitor computer that looked to be 3 or 4 years old at the least and a half empty bottle of alcohol. Off to one side there was one of the man’s copies or so she assumed with the other sitting behind the desk and offering her a seat. She nodded curtly to the offer and sat across from what she assumed to be the main Jamie Madrox. “No… Thank you.” She spoke to the duplicate that had offered her a beer with a clipped, no nonsense tone. Though no stranger to alcohol she did not enjoy it nearly as much as her template Logan did nor did she see the point in drinking it when her healing factor made getting inebriated exceedingly difficult.

She stared at the main Madrox as she sized him up though she could tell that there were at least three more in the building besides the two in the room with her, two in another room and one downstairs near the back of the building. “Mr. Madrox my name is Laura Kinney. I currently reside at the Xavier Institute.” She introduced herself, her tone to the point as she spoke. She did not introduce herself as a student for she did not consider herself such, at least not yet. She had not attended any classes and had only made a few friends amongst the students and staff. She was adamant that she would not get too close to anyone for their own good yet even now as she sat across from the private investigator it was the safety of people she cared for that had brought her here and even that much she had a hard time admitting to herself. “I was referred to you because you are a Private Investigator but not only this you have ties with the Institute and are willing to take on cases for your fellow mutants.” She was sure that the man had already come to the conclusion that she was a mutant and had connections to the Institute herself due to the nature of the information she had on him. She had no issues with being blunt concerning what she was, bluntness was something that was natural to Laura having not grasped all the nuances of interacting with people yet. That in mind however she could not help but feel uneasy with coming to an explanation of what she wanted and why for getting into her personal life, explaining to another person anything beyond her basic needs, was difficult in the extreme. “I… I need help finding some people.” She finally spoke aloud, the fingers of her hands unconsciously curling around one another in her lap as she let her eyes fall away from Jamie and settle at the top of his desk. “Family… people I have not seen or had contact with in some time. I am concerned for their safety and have been unable to secure information on their condition though my own means.” Laura could feel her cheeks flush a little at the admission of failure on her part. She was not designed to fail and yet she had been unable to acquire information on her aunt and cousin herself. She had no one else to turn to, at least not in her eyes. Though she could ask the students or faculty of the Institute for help in this she perceived that at the moment they had far greater concerns to manage than locating her family to ascertain their condition. With the current state of affairs not only in the world but most especially amongst the X-Men she had concluded that an outside agent would be a better choice for this undertaking thus she had done her best to subtly inquire amongst the people of the school who might be able to help in such a task. “You were referred by several people at the school as someone well versed in this sort of affair. I would like to hire your services.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 06:12 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

"Figures, so how's mutant high these days? Does Summers still got that stick lodged up his ass?"

Jamie said with a slight smirk as if he had her pegged from even before she sat down, she confirmed what he had already guessed. Something that made him feel confident in his deductive reasoning. Not to mention it was always fun to take a crack at Xavier's prize student, the one-eyed wonder. While he was a student at the mansion years ago he and Scott never saw eye-to-eye both literally and figuratively. Sure, their issues weren't as famous or serious as Scott and Logan's but Jamie never got along with authority figures which is why he reveled in bending the rules and finding loopholes as much as possible just to get under Scott's skin.

"You heard right kid. I specialize in weirdo cases, considering the world gets weirder and weirder every day I figure business will be booming."

Mutants were just part of the puzzle, as weird as they were on their own there were still plenty more where that came from. Alien invaders, creatures in the sewers, Norse gods, even mystic artifacts. One by one they went from pure fantasy to reality which meant that when a person had some bizarre problem that some ordinary cop or detective had no prayer of solving then Jamie would be there to offer his card.

"Missing family? That's all you got? Look, I'm sorry but that doesn't sound lie it's in my wheelhouse. I mean it sucks being an orphan sometimes, I get that. But if your folks are missing why not get the X-Men to help you look or even the police? Unless......"

Jamie swung his chair to the side slightly and raised his legs up to rest on the edge of the desk, his well-worn sneakers partially dirty from years of use in the big city and beyond. Madrox placed his hands over his belly, fingers intertwined and his head inches away from hitting the under-watered potted plant near his desk.

".......it's not your normal case of missing people?"

The building was just recently under Jamie's ownership, his detective agency relatively unknown. It was crucial for him to make a name for himself to land bigger clients, solve some great cases.

PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 07:31 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

X-23/Laura Kinney
“To my knowledge Mr. Summers does not have a piece of wood lodged within his rectum.” Laura responded to Madrox’s first question dryly knowing full well that he had meant it as a jab at the leader of the X-Men and not in a literal sense though she did not feel the need to defend nor damn the man either way. She was perfectly aware of the history between Scott Summers and her genetic template Logan, gossip amongst those living at the Institute and files accessible to students had made the antagonism between the two perfectly clear. She could see for herself how a man like Summers would clash with Logan but he had none the less allowed her to stay at the Institute after Spider-Man had brought her there. She had not had much contact with the man since but accepting and tolerating her presence knowing to some extent who and what she was did say something positive about the X-Men leader. Thusly Laura dismissed the jab with her own brand of sarcasm, a colder and more serious kind than Jamie had so far shown.

To say the least Laura was not yet impressed with what she saw of Mr. Jamie Madrox but his confirmation that he was indeed a private investigator and that he did take out of the ordinary cases was some relief to her growing doubt. She took this moment as he explained his view of how ‘the world was getting weirder every day’ to look around the room once more. It did not look to her as professional as one might have hopped were they to come to this man for help like she was but the papers on the desk, excluding the bills, were at least a sign that he did actually work for a living. She did not smell the scent of another person in the building old or new, a sign that as of this moment Madrox was working alone and had not entertained another client for at least a week or more despite his assentation that ‘business will be booming’. Looking to the bottle on the desk and back to the man she could understand that perhaps he was trying to drown his boredom in alcohol. Whether this was true or not though the clone girl could not say. Instead she sat quietly while he continued on, making note that something as seemingly normal as missing family was not the kind of jobs he would take. She narrowed her eyes a little at this, the temptation to reach across the desk and take a chunk out of him rising for a moment then passing just as quickly. “A job is a job no?” She questioned watching him throw his feet up onto the desk in a nonchalant and very non-professional manner. “Normal or not does it really matter if you are being paid?” She further questioned with a slight animal like growl looking between the man and his duplicate off to the side and back again. “The X-Men have much to deal with at the moment. If you were not aware there has been a schism within the school between those who agree with the Superhuman Registration Act and those who wish to remain anonymous and outside of the purview of the government.” She explained matter-of-factly to the man just in case he really was not aware of the current state of affairs amongst his former class mates. “I would rather not place more upon their attention…” She tried to explain this off in a way that answered his doubts without having to go into too much detail about how abnormal the situation actually was. She did not know the man yet and she did not trust him. Furthermore he had yet to impress her with any kind of professionalism towards his so called calling as an investigator and she wasn’t even sure that he was indeed the right man for the job. He did not therefore merit too much information until she was sure he was the one who could help her.

“I can offer you your fee plus expenses and a bonus upon completion. I will however insist on assisting you in the investigation first hand, coming with you if need be.” She put forward to see if this would change his demeanor and give her a better inkling if he was up to the task. Though she had been living on the streets as a vagrant for the past year or so and before that had lived as a prostitute this did not mean she was without access to means. As a former Weapon X operative she did have access to various international accounts that were tapped for missions when needed. The codes and account numbers were a part of her repitoiur and she had made sure to check the accounts for continued accessibility before even approaching this place. At least two of the old accounts were still active meaning that the Facility and Project were still in operation. She had to be careful how and when she drew from these accounts, they had undoubtedly left the codes the same so they could get a fix on her and ultimately to come after her but for her family she was willing to take that risk. “To answer your question though no, this is not a simple missing person’s case. I have reason to believe that there may be dangerous outside forces involved in one way or another with my inability to get in touch with my family. More than that I can’t say unless you are willing to take on the case.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 04:34 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

She had made her point, the X-Men had their hands full with the SRA and all that nonsense, Jaime had managed to remain neutral through the whole ordeal. He was never one for making decisions which is why whenever he was confronted with one he'd either let someone else decide for him or take all the choices. It was how he led his life, crete dupes to follow one path as he followed the other whenever he came to a proverbial fork in the road of life. When it came to the choice of registering or not he decided it was best not to make any choice, it was too difficult and he could see the positives and negatives of either pro or anti reg. It was one of the biggest choices he'd have to make as a mutant but couldn't bring himself to pick a side and so he remained neutral, only registering to follow the law and keep his business legit.

"Alright kid you've made your point. I'll take your case. I don't have to tell you how dangerous it can be but you don't seem the type to take "no" for an answer.You wanna work the case with me then you gotta do what I say. Capiche? "

He had heard enough about his alma mater and their problems, the school being attacked was all over the news months ago and odds are they weren't too happy that Madrox didn't come home to lend a hand, but he assumed he wasn't dead to them either if they were still willing tosend him a client.

"So what can you tell me about your folks? You have pictures of them? Last known location? I need to start somewhere."

Asked the prime Jamie from his comfy chair as his dupe came back into the conversation with a bag of chips in his hands, munching at the salty potato snacks.

"Finally, I thought we'd never get a gig at this rate. Sitting 'round here was getting boring."

The dupe was getting on Jamie's last nerve, aside from only existing to give prime someone to talk to he really didn't fufill much of a role. At least he had a few other dupes who were much more competant, trying to fix up the place with limited supplies and funds. If only he'd sent one ofhis dupes to study in the home repair field, maybe work in a Home Depot. But no, best he coulf hope for was do it yourself videos on Youtube.

"I have to ask, what exactly can you do Ms. Kinney? I mean you know my power so how bout you tellme yours?"

It was mostly out of curiosity that drove Madrox to ask the question, one can't help but wonder what "gift" nature would radomly assign a fellow mutant. And if she insisted on coming with he'd have to know what she can do in the field, hopefully, it was something useful.

"You don't glow in the dark or turn int a hampster or something stupid like that right?"

Chimed in the dupe which made Jamie literally do a facepalm. The worst part was he couldn't just ignore what the dupe did or said because he was another side of Jamie's own personality. Everything the dupe did and said was something Jamie himself thought, he just had enough filter to keep the stupid stuff from getting out through his mouth, most of it anyway.

PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 07:27 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

X-23/Laura Kinney
‘You wanna work the case with me then you gotta do what I say. Capiche’ To this Laura could not help but smirk a bit. The fact that she was the one paying, the employer of sorts and probably had far more field experience than Mr. Madrox could possibly guess at made this statement amusing to her to say the least. Then again she was inserting herself into his business and he undoubtedly had his way of dealing with situations in this line of work, ways that she was not familiar with nor might expect. She was an assassin, a killer, a living weapon, not an investigator. As laughable as the statement was she still nodded her ascent to this. She would listen to him, let him take the lead though she would not be a silent figure in the background, nor would she hesitate in taking steps to defend herself or her loved ones if it came to it.

On that point she would not budge nor would she take his shit.

“It’s not my parents I am looking for.” She spoke flatly in response to his question. “My family consists of my Aunt Deborah Kinney and her daughter, my cousin, Megan.” She responded while at the same time fishing in her pocket for one of the few things in her life she actually considered precious to her, actual property she defended with her life. She sat forward and placed a folded photograph on Jamie’s desk. It was a medium sized portrait folded down the middle with some burn marks along the edges. Unfolding it for him she pointed to a woman with medium-short blond hair standing next to a woman that looked very much like her with long chocolate brown hair down her back and a young girl with even shorter blond hair, almost in a punk style, a few years younger than Laura now standing in front of them. “The two blondes are my aunt and my cousin. This is an old pic though so of course they have aged some.” She spoke the facts as they were though her gaze actually held to the woman with dark hair, her mother Sarah taken not long after Laura had saved Megan from kidnappers. She had taken this pick from the ruins of Deborah and Megan’s home after it had been invaded by the Project in an attempt to get their living weapon back. This was the only piece of her family, the only picture of her mother, aunt and cousin she had. “There was an incident and I sent them away. I set up new lives, new identities for them in Chicago as Grace and Elizabeth Victoria. That said I contacted both the bank and relater that I went through to help start their new lives and they could not make contact with them. I contacted the Chicago PD and they checked their apartment. There was no sign of foul play but it appeared that they had not been present in the residence for at least a week. Neighbors of theirs noted that they were good people, very community conscious helping with neighborhood watch and things like that but had no idea where they had gone, most assumed they were on vacation. I am worried that this is not the case and that is why I am employing you.”

Laura stopped speaking when the duplicate of Jamie Madrox entered the room expressing his delight in the fact that they would now have something to do. The fact that the duplicate made no attempt to keep the fact that they had not undertaken any cases in some time brought a twinge of concern to the usually emotionally stunted Laura. She was now a bit worried that this Jamie Madrox was not as much of an expert in his field as she had been led to believe by the talk at the school. “How many cases have you solved Mr. Madrox?” Laura chimed in just before being asked what she ‘could do’ and then having the same duplicate who had put doubt into her mind chime in with a quite silly example for mutant abilities, possible but silly none the less. She growled low, a deep throaty animal like growl, as she turned to look at the duplicate and the bag of chips in his hand. Holding one of her hands up in front of her and balling it into a fist as if she were going to punch the duplicate Jamie she gave off a second growl as from her hand twin metallic blades shot out with an audible Snikt sound. In a flash she was on her feet and faster than either of the men could blink the chip bag had been sliced completely in half, one part in the dupes hands the other falling to the floor. She continued to stand, her claws returning into her hand as she stared into the dupes eyes but spoke to the one at the desk. “I’m sure you have seen something similar in the past. I have the same abilities as the man you have seen this same thing from. Don’t ask how, why or anything along those lines… That is none of your business.” Her words were cold, curt and to the point as she turned from looking at the dupe and back to the prime Jamie. “I also have extensive field operations experience in espionage, combat both armed and unarmed and assassination. Any other questions?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Feb 1 2018, 05:15 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

No parents, she really is one of Xavier's kids. It's more like an orphanage than a school at this point.

Thought the "prime" Jamie with some dry sarcasm. The sad truth about being a mutant is most of the time you had a rough life which included some sort of tragedy befalling your parents. for every Jean Grey there were two Scotts, while the psychic redhead still had two loving parents there were orphans like Scott Summers or even Jamie himself who lost his parents to a freak tornado. Now this girl was in the same boat, no mom and dad, just the aunt and cousin. Still, it was better than nothing.

He let Laura explain the situation about her family, how she set things up for them and how they had been missing for about a week or so by now. Jamie was left speechless for a moment, when he was her age he wasn't as nearly organized or responsible, hell, he still wasn't. The fact that she did her own digging beforehand told Jamie she knew what the hell she was doing which meant she was capable. Tho if she found out all this on her own and still needed help meant that this wasn't going to be a simple job.

"Uh, well good, that's a good start...."

He tried to compliment her without making it actually seem like a compliment as to not swell her ego. Jamie tried not to let it show that he was impressed, it was best not to let her think he was lousy at his job. He may not be Sherlock Holmes but he was still a decent detective, no need to make her question that any more than she already might.

"Look, we can stand here all day going over my resume or we can get to work on finding your family."

Jamie shot back with a nonchalant attitude, not angry or defensive, it was more of a bluff considering he'd only solved a few cases before this. In Jamie's opinion, it was best to fake it till you make it. It was easier to deflect things back to the girl, asking her about her abilities and looking rather shocked when he saw those claws pop out with the all-too-familiar "snikt". Back in school, he could still remember the hell Logan put the kids through as part of their "training" it was a bit traumatizing if the student managed to survive.

Maybe he was being overly dramatic, after all he never had proof that any students died during Wolverine's classes. Still, it was a unanimous feeling among the kids to avoid him if at all possible unless you wanted to grow up to be an X-Man one day. Between Logan's hardcore workout and Scott's "by the rules" training there was no winning for young Jamie, he just had to choose the lesser of two evils to get by.

"Yea sure, not a peep."

The wide-eyed mutant managed to say. Whoever she was, if she was related to the Wolverine he knew not to get on her bad side and God help him if something happened to her, he didn't need Logan slicing apart his building or worse, his torso. Suddenly Jamie was feeling a bit nervous and in over his head but a job was a job, if he wanted to keep the doors open he'd have to suck it up and go through with it.

"Yea, when's the next flight for Chigago?"

It was best not to underestimate the girl anymore, something he was happy to understand now rather than later when it would be too late. Grabbing his new smartphone he got on the Expedia website to find an affordable flight. Unlike the X-Men he didn't have a private jet tucked away in the basement.

PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 07:04 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

X-23/Laura Kinney
Laura stared between the two Madrox’s in quiet contemplation for a moment. He had clearly not been expecting such a display of what she could do in terms of mutant ability nor the revelation of how it connected her to someone he already knew. The prime Madrox also clearly did not desire to go into detail about his credentials or ‘resume’ as he put it which did leave the young female clone to wonder if he was indeed as capable as those at the school had made him out to be. Taking this and the unpaid bills on his desk, the clutter and the clearly unprofessional state of the office she was certainly second guessing her choice to approach this man for any kind of help. “How many cases have you solved?” She asked again this time with a sterner tone to her voice bordering on the feral growl that was so synonymous with both herself and her genetic template when irritated or downright angry. Laura liked to think that she had control of her anger, in fact she liked to think that the anger was not even there but merely a byproduct of the feral/animalistic nature of her mutation. She could not fully accept that she had any kind of feelings at all let alone rage for she had been raised… no rather she had been bred to be nothing more than a living weapon. Weapons were not supposed to feel and so she wasn’t supposed to feel. That was a fallacy she was quickly and grudgingly starting to lose.

Ultimately the matter of Jamie Madrox’ credentials was a moot point and Laura well knew it. She needed help and with the faculty and student body of the Xavier Institute concerned with the SRA as well as battling their own issues amongst themselves she had very few other choices. Madrox would have to do, his connections and ability to be in multiple places at once would come in handy of this she was sure. “I am paying you as well as expenses. I have no doubts that you or…” She looked to the seemingly inferior copy who still held the sliced chips package in his hands with a dumbfounded and somewhat timid look. “…you… or indeed any of your copies can find out when the next flight to Chicago is as well as find suitably low key accommodations for when we get there.” The words might have seemed snide had they not been delivered with a very flat and even tone that made it clear she was not trying to make a dig at him, only enforcing the fact that he was now in her employ and he was the one who would, of his own insistence that she not get in his way, be heading the investigation.

Leaning over she ripped a small corner from one of the unpaid stack of bills and taking a pen wrote down a number. “I have bought a pre-paid burner phone so we can keep in touch. This is the number. I need to return to the Institute, gather a few supplies. Call me when our flight arrangements are made.” She pushed the number in front of him before turning to leave. She didn’t like having a cell phone even if it was the kind one could buy, use and throw away without worrying about being traced easily. She had only acquired the device so that she and her detective compatriot could keep in touch with relative ease without having to requisition or outright steal some of the X-Men’s communication equipment. At any rate it would not take her long to get back to the Institute, gather a few things that could be useful and meet Madrox at the airport in time for the earliest and most convenient flight to Chicago. The only thing that made her pause as she stepped towards the door was an uneasy feeling that something bad might happen while they were gone.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 03:31 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

"I've solved plenty okay?"

For a kid she asks allot of damn questions. Then again aside from her looks there's nothing kid-like about her. Especially with those stabby-stab fists of hers.

Jamie wasn't happy about having his credentials questioned so much but she was paying for his services and it wasn't like he was an expert detective. At least not yet. He and his dupe shared a look between themselves before the prime Jamie looked back to the young raven-haired client.

"How many Madroxes does it take to book a flight?"

Jamie would ask the rhetorical question as he was looking down to his phone, his fingers moving across the touch screen to find an affordable flight for them both leaving within the next few hours. As he did so the dupe standing on the other side of the desk would begin to feel pulled to the prime Jamie like metal to a magnet, his body began to "run" like paint being washed away and the closer they got the more Jamie would suck in his dupe. It was almost like watching a sci-fi movie of an object being pulled into a black hole the way the image of the person contorted and stretched until there was nothing left of them. Once the dupe was gone Jamie looked up at Laura nonchalantly.

"Just one."

He took the torn piece of paper with her phone number on it from Laura and stuffed it into his pocket. Oddly it was the first number a girl had given him in the past 4 months, too bad she was way too young for him. The sad irony of the situation only made Jamie want to get blackout drunk to forget his recent bad luck with ladies.

"Yea, hurry home and get your things, I'll meet you at JFK Airport. Oh, and make sure you bring an umbrella."

He said with a slightly snarky tone, Chicago was kinda famous for its rainy weather almost as much as the Bears, the Bulls, and deep dish pizza. Some time had passed and Jamie found himself waiting inside the lobby of JFK Airport with tickets in hand and ready to go. He had called Laura half an hour ago using the number she gave him telling her what time the flight left. That way she could manage her time accordingly in case she decided she wanted to shower or something. Not that Jamie bothered to do so, he still wore the same green and yellow t-shirt had had on before since it was sort of his signature look. At the very least he made time to brush his teeth but left the slight scruff he had around his jawline and chin. Looking to the nearby clock on the wall Jamie resisted the urge to tap his foot out of impatience. It was one of those "conditions" he forced upon himself since he was a kid. Back then he didn't have any control over his powers so even the slightest kinetic force, like a foot tap, would produce dupes. The only time he could prevent it from happening accidentally was if he wore the special suit given to him by Xavier. Luckily he didn't need that suit anymore, not since graduating from the Institute and yet old habits die hard.

PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 07:34 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

X-23/Laura Kinney
Watching Mardox assimilate his duplicate was indeed interesting and unique enough for her to question if only to herself how this mutational power was possible and what benefits it bestowed. The files on Madrox, those that could be accessed by anyone at the Institute, indicated that he could duplicate himself and thus exist in more than one place at one time then remerge with said duplicates and retain information/knowledge/experience said duplicates acquired in their time separate from the prime. She did not dig deeper into the files to get more informed understanding of the man or his powers even if the encryptions on the Institute files was woefully lacking for someone with her training. The point of the matter, the reason she had come to him, was out of necessity and on the advice of others at the Institute. She could see how he and his abilities would come in handy for her purposes so the hows, whys and wheres didn’t ultimately matter.

Laura ignored Jamie past the point of watching him reintegrate his other self into the prime body. She didn’t have time for lame and clearly childish jokes. She had faith that he was competent enough to get them started on this journey and so putting aside her bad feelings on what might come left his offices.

Laura had made it back to the Institute more quickly by using one subway and the rest of the way on foot that it would have taken by hailing a cab. New York was notorious for gridlock in every part of the city but trying to get out of Manhattan and into the other boroughs was the worst. When she returned she found most of the students and staff busy with their day to day lives or as with some of the senior X-Men, in secret meetings that no one but they and their allies were meant to be privy too. It was hard to keep anything a secret from someone who could hear, smell and see better than the average individual so she knew well enough when something big was up, the scent and sounds of multiple people together in a room, the distinguishing odour of unease and people in near panic, the hushed whispers of harsh words being batted back and forth. Something was going on for sure but Laura did not have time to get involved. She instead set to work gathering some things she figured would be necessary on a search and potential rescue operation, communicators, a few low key listening devices, binoculars with multiple visual spectrums, forged documents from her past as a Weapon X operative and a change of clothes, all things that the X-Men had in abundance and would not be noticed missing. Lastly, for reasons she could not fully understand or accept, she took a moment to write a quick note explaining where she was going, who she was going to be with and why. To this she addressed it to Kurt Wagner, the one mutant in the school who had gone out of his way to make her feel welcome and at home even if she could not fully accept such hospitality. He would understand why she was leaving and would explain her absence to those that needed to know about it.

Upon receiving the call and the times from Madrox Laura made her way to the airport to meet the man, arriving in time to see him waiting for her. She too had not changed nor did she feel the need to shower or clean herself considering it took a great deal more than a run through part of the city to make her perspire due in no small part to her healing factor. Perspiration, the bodies way of regulating heat and moisture during exertion, only occurred for her in extreme heat or under extreme physical conditions in which she needed to go all out. “Which flight are we on Mr. Madrox?” She questioned without any need for greeting as she walked up to him, a large duffle back over her shoulder that she would check in as her only piece of luggage. Having grabbed a long coat with many pockets from one of the older and seemingly unused senior X-Men lockers Laura had made sure to put aside a false ID and doctored papers that would explain away why the metal detectors would go off when she went through as a medical reason. She took no notice or care of his clear impatience for their little adventure was only beginning and her goal, her family, was a nearly all consuming concern for her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jamie Madrox
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 11:44 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Private Detective
Occupation
Complicated
Relationship Status
Green99
Alias
Mutants
Neutral

Back at the mansion, Laura had managed to gather her things and leave relatively unnoticed, by the time Kurt found her note she would already be on the plane. It worried him that she was running off on some sort of mission even with Jamie's help. He only hoped she would find what she was looking for and return home safely.

"American Airlines flight 2270, it's a 3-hour flight so I hope you brought a magazine."

Said Jamie as he handed the girl her ticket, of course, the cost of the flight and the hotel would factor into his bill once it came due. Part of Jamie wondered how this kid had the kind of money to afford something like this, he never did ask her about that back at the office. He could kick himself for not doing so before agreeing to take the job since he had an odd sort of code about seeing a case through to the end no matter what once he agreed to take it on. Madrox just had to trust she had that sort of cash and if not he could always send the bill to Summers, make the Institute pay for it, that'd be fun.

With tickets and bags in hand they headed toward the gate but first they needed to get through security. That meant metal detectors and TSA agents ever since a few scumbags had to go on a murder spree on 9/11. A dark day in American history. Jamie hated the whole TSA process and knew that the real threats were stopped by guys in the CIA while the TSA was more of a sho and dance to help people feel safer when they fly. It wasn't until he was taking off his shoes and dropping his stuff into the bin to step thru the metal detector that he realized something shocking. How in the hell was Loganette gonna get thru security with metal bones and fist knives?

Whatever her plan was she had only a few minutes to pull it off as the flight was starting the boarding process and the next flight wouldn't be for another 5 hours. This is why planning ahead would be a handy thing to do, well, Jamie wasn't the plan ahead type. He mostly just made it up as he went along which worked out for him, more or less. Madrox just hoped this didn't end with dead TSA agents or them landing on the no-fly list. But if the mini-Wolverine needed a distraction then Madrox was the right guy for the job, he simply kept an eye on her looking for a signal.

PM
^
Laura Kinney
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 07:24 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
X-Men
Anti Registration

X-23/Laura Kinney
Taking the ticket from Madrox she followed closely behind him as they weaved their way through the condensed and always busy JFK Airport. “I have mental exercises I can keep myself occupied with.” She flatly retorted to his mention of the flights length and bringing a magazine. “I need to stay sharp and alert. So do you. If there was foul play involved in the disappearance of my family then it’s because of me. I have no doubt that there are eyes on us even now. With flight security what it is now I do not think we will encounter resistance during the flight itself but it is better to be prepared than not.” Though his attempt at humor and wit was not lost on her the facts needed to be made clear to him if he was going to help her in any effectual manner. “I have details we need to further discuss with you. You have a right to know what we are facing but that can wait till we get to Chicago. If you decide then and there that you do not wish to proceed further then I will only ask that you arrange a meeting with any local contacts you may have and then you are free to go.”

As they proceeded up to the their boarding ramp she could immediately tell the moment Jamie realized what difficulty they could have in getting on board with her unique hardware certousy of the Weapon X program. She could smell his anxiety in the air and see the moment perspiration started to form on his skin. Normally he would have a very good reason to worry but this kind of thing had all be thought out before during her days as an living weapon assassin for the program. Though Weapon X could often provide its own transportation there were times when Laura had to take public forms of conveyance and that included flights. The program had taken this into account and had created the perfect cover documents for whatever type of security measures might be in place. Though there had not been much time to gather such documents in her initial escape from the facility that she had been created in, trained in and practically raised in this had not meant that they were lost forever. She had escaped into the wilderness after the death of her mother and the destruction of the facility and then had headed south to find her aunt and cousin just as she was now trying to do once again. After the program had come looking for her though and had almost killed those she loved she knew that she could not effectively help them or indeed undertake anything more than hiding unless she had resources. The program had hoped that their assault would have been successful in recapturing her so they had not taken the necessary steps to restrict her access to those said same resources she had once used in their service. She had time before disappearing into the streets as a vagrant to get copies of documents she could use in situations just like this as well as codes to accounts that could be used later. Living as a homeless person until recently she had never needed any of this, hoping that she could evade notice by those who wanted to retake her but now… now such things would come in handy.

“Please put your bag on the conveyer belt and place anything metal on your person in the bin behind it.” The TSA agent spoke in a flat, practiced and almost robotic tone that would have matched her own as she stepped up to the metal detectors. “I am required to inform you that I have metal pins and clamps in wrists and feet. I have medical documentation stating this.” Laura spoke in a casual, understanding tone as she pulled a small booklet from her pants pocket, turned a few pages and presented the medical clearance forms indicating the presence of metal inside her body that would be identified by metal detectors. As the TSA agents looked over the documentation she looked to Jamie with a knowing yet nonchalant nod and proceeded to place her belt, shoes and wallet in the bin behind her bag before stepping through the metal detector and setting it off. The agents next proceeded to take a hand-wand detector and run it over her body. The machine was silent except for when it passed along her wrists and feet in which her metal covered claws were sheathed. She could only imagine how hard it was for her genetic template, The Wolverine, to explain the presence of metal in his entire body as opposed to only in certain places like herself. “Everything seems to check out. Your documents are official stating you’re the presence of metal objects of a medical nature inside your body. Please proceed to take your belongings and head towards the boarding ramp. Your luggage will be boarded separately unless you wish to claim it as your carry on.” The TSA agent conceded as he handed back the expertly doctored medical documents. “Thank you I will.” She smiled warmly, trying to come across as normal as possible a practiced act often needed to fool people and appear nonthreatening.

Picking up her bag she walked up to Jamie and slipped her hand into his, and leaned close giving off the appearance that they were together. Though he was a little older than her it was not such a wide age gap that anyone would question this. She continued to smile gently, keeping up the appearance of just another happy vacationer. “You worried…” She spoke through her smile but not looking to him as they moved towards the boarding section. “…there was no need. I have things under control.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates