Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Add Reply
New Poll

America Cable News Post, News report for the Institute Attack
Optimus Prime
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 08:32 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Admin
Alias
Neutral

America Cable News
Good evening.

I'm Will McAvoy.

This is News Night, we have had plenty of moments in recent history where our leaders have apologized for failures in leadership. Presidents, Prime Ministers, leaders of important groups like the AVENGERS.

I liked those moments.

Adults should hold themselves accountable for failure. And so tonight I'm beginning this newscast by joining General Clarke in apologizing to the American people for our failure when he assaulted a school in order to keep us all safe.

The failure of this program during the time I've been in charge of it to successfully inform and educate the American electorate. Let me be clear that I don't apologize on behalf of all broadcast journalists, nor do all broadcast journalists owe an apology.

I speak for myself.

I was an accomplice to a slow and repeated and unacknowledged and unamended train wreck of failures that have brought us to now. I'm a leader in an industry that miscalled election results, hyped up terror scares, ginned up controversy, and failed to report on tectonic shifts in our country. From the collapse of the financial system to the truths about how strong we are to the dangers we actually face.

I'm a leader in an industry that misdirected your attention with the dexterity of Harry Houdini while sending hundreds of thousands of our bravest young men and women off to war without due diligence. The reason we failed isn't a mystery. We took a dive for the ratings. In the infancy of mass communications, the Columbus and Magellan of broadcast journalism, William Paley, and David Sarnoff, went down to Washington to cut a deal with Congress.

Congress would allow the fledgling networks free use of taxpayer-owned airwaves in exchange for one public service. That public service would be one hour of airtime set aside every night for informational broadcasting, or what we now call the evening news. Congress, unable to anticipate the enormous capacity television would have to deliver consumers to advertisers, failed to include in its deal the one requirement that would have changed our national discourse immeasurably for the better.

Congress forgot to add that under no circumstances could there be paid advertising during informational broadcasting. They forgot to say that taxpayers will give you the airwaves for free and for 23 hours a day you should make a profit, but for one hour a night, you work for us.

And now those network newscasts, anchored through history by honest-to-God newsmen with names like Murrow and Reasoner and Huntley and Brinkley and Buckley and Cronkite and Rather and Russert-- Now they have to compete with the likes of me. A cable anchor who's in the exact same business as the producers of Jersey Shore. And that business was good to us, but News Night is quitting that business right now. It might come as a surprise to you that some of history's greatest American journalists are working right now, exceptional minds with years of experience and an unshakeable devotion to reporting the news.

But these voices are a small minority now and they don't stand a chance against the circus when the circus comes to town. They're overmatched. I'm quitting the circus and switching teams. I'm going with the guys who are getting creamed.

I'm moved that they still think they can win and I hope they can teach me a thing or two. From this moment on, we'll be deciding what goes on our air and how it's presented to you based on the simple truth that nothing is more important to a democracy than a well-informed electorate.

We'll endeavor to put information in a broader context because we know that very little news is born at the moment it comes across our wire. We'll be the champion of facts and the mortal enemy of innuendo, speculation, hyperbole, and nonsense.

We're not waiters in a restaurant serving you the stories you asked for just the way you like them prepared. Nor are we computers dispensing only the facts because news is only useful in the context of humanity. I'll make no effort to subdue my personal opinions. I will make every effort to expose you to informed opinions that are different from my own.

You may ask who are we to make these decisions. We are Mackenzie McHale and myself. Miss McHale is our executive producer. She marshals the resources of over 100 reporters, producers, analysts, technicians, and her credentials are readily available. I'm News Night's managing editor and make the final decision on everything seen and heard on this program.

Who are we to make these decisions? We're the media elite. We'll be back after this with the news.

Welcome back, last week the United States Army under orders from the current administration sent soldiers into an American school they suspected of harboring unregistered metahumans. They did this because of the actions of a lone mutant known as Wolverine who according to Intelligence reports this network has obtained broke into a federal facility and released a captured metahuman during which several guards were killed.

This act allowed elements in the Administration to promote their agenda and several new sections in the Superhuman Registration Act were added to the bill, one of which now requires all metahumans of any age to be registered with the Government.

ACN believes that this change in the laws was behind their decision to send military forces into an American School to force compliance with the Superhuman Registration Act. The troopers were under orders to use minimal force but history has shown that deployment of American Troops on US soil in peacekeeping roles has always led to tragedy.

That is what happened at 12.32pm Thursday afternoon when American Troops entered the grounds of the Xavier Institute for Gifted Individuals with the mission objective of registering all metahumans they located on campus. Executing an order from the Committee for Metahuman Affairs, military units began processing men, women, and children located there as according to section 8a of the Superhuman Registration Act.

What happened next would turn the tide, metahumans belonging to a group known as the X-Men arrived along with Captain America and the heroes following him. The situation quickly deteriorated and a battle that has been named by some in the media as the Fort Sumter moment for this Superhero Civil War and the pressures that had been building since before the incident at the Government holding facility where 14 guards were killed and over 20 more severely injured by an individual identified by the Government as the mutant codenamed Wolverine boiled over. Government sources have assured the public that their personnel had only been deployed to enforce the new sections of the Registration Act while other respected observers have criticized the administration for targeting a school with military forces regardless of the intentions.

This escalation had the effect of drawing out almost all of the Superheroes who had been for the most part maintaining a low profile ever since Steve Rogers famously stepped down from the AVENGERS and refused to support the Superhuman Registration Act when it was passed by Congress by an overwhelming majority. These forces led by Captain America had turned the tide against the military forces deployed there until new assets were released into the conflict zone. Codenamed "Sentinels" these are armored combat units piloted by US military personnel after the Ultron incident and the Executive Order forbidding the development of AI technology. Created by Hammer Industries, these units had the effect of escalating the combat and forcing the heroes to respond in kind. Several unidentified heroes seen here on the screen, displaying abilities not seen in public engaged the Sentinels and were able to equal the measures of force being displayed against them. Footage of these individuals have raised serious questions about just how many metahumans are out there and what is the measure of their powers, if they are able to defy gravity and project energy beams from their eyes, crumple reinforce armor with their hands alone what else is possible?

This is a fair question and one that needs to be discussed but not at the expense of individual freedom and the right to live their lives in a way that affords scope. However, this display of power does mean that the conversation in regards to Metahumanity and the safety of the public is something that needs public debate. Footage of the battle has been secured by the Government in the interest of public safety but ACN reporters on the scene reported that a massive EM pulse shut down all electronic devices in an area around the school. Witnesses have not been able to confirm anything but respected observers have told this reporter that the last time that such an event was recorded over such a large area was during the Cuban missile crisis which has caused Intelligence Agencies across the world to call for more information according to classified sources. Regardless of the cause, immediately after this event military forces withdrew from the area and the Superhuman forces also withdrew bringing an end to the conflict.

The Xavier Institute has become a revolving issue for the Government, their deployment of force has horrified the American Public and latest opinion polls has shown that support of the Government and their policies towards Metahumanity have dropped and continue to fall. In an attempt to restore confidence, the Government has stepped back its positions and the forced registration of Metahumans under the age of 18 has been sent back for review by the Committee for Metahuman Affairs. The Government has also paid for repairs to the grounds and allowed the school to open with little Government oversite save for a single Administrator there to observe the school to ensure that it follows the law. All of this speaks to an Administration unsure of its position and struggling to communicate where they stand to the public in general.

The Superhuman Registration Act is still the law of the land and America's heroes instead of being in Towers made of glass have disappeared, some still fight the good fight as it were but most avoid being in the public eye and so crime has increased in response. Sources also report that Tony Stark, the current Leader of the AVENGERS and CEO of Stark Industries was ordered to support the efforts at the school and instead detonated an EM pulse in his Tower and then fought alongside the Heroes in resisting the Military and the Hammer Sentinels. There are conflicting reports that Tony Stark was killed during the encounter but there has been no confirmation at this point, stock prices for Stark Industries have plummeted and confidence in the Company has virtually disappeared. The void created by Tony Stark's disappearance has been filled by Norman Osborn and Oscorp who have taken over from Tony Stark as the public face of the Registration Act and the most vocal supporter of the Act itself. Mr Osborn could not be contacted for comment but Government Officials have expressed absolute confidence in Mr Osborn and they feel he is the best man for the job, only time will tell if they are correct in that judgment.

In conclusion, the World is still in disarray and the people wonder are the people entrusted with our safety worthy of that trust after the incident at the Xavier Institute. There is an internal review of the process that led to that action but there have been no public hearing scheduled and Government sources are tight-lipped about any such review. Noted observers have said that there needs to be a restoration of Public Confidence if the Superhuman Registration Act is going to survive for much longer, already calls for the Act to be repeal are growing in number. Support for Captain America continues to be high, his popularity and trustworthy ratings higher than any politician currently including the President. But on the other hand, what measures need to be in place to ensure that the people we often turn to in our darkest hour are held accountable for when they make mistakes, with such power must come the highest of ethical standards and requirements. And should they fall short of those standards then consequences should be faced by any of our public forces such as the Police comply with and accept. The World waits to see if their best and brightest will once again be able to defend us against the threats that we may and do face in a world where we know that there are hostile forces beyond our planet, where Gods and Goddesses stride and where normal people no longer know where they stand.

That's Newsnight, coming up we have Sloan Sabbath with an Interview with UN Secretary-General talking about potential interventions in the growing Civil War in Nigeria. I'm Will McAvoy for ACN, goodnight.

PMAIM
^
Optimus Prime
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 07:07 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Admin
Alias
Neutral

Attention Players
Please read the following Announcement
Good Morning/Afternoon to all our players,

The following is important information for players to note:

The new sections in the Superhuman Registration Act requiring all metahumans to register including those under the age of 18 has been temporarily suspended pending review by the Committee for Metahuman Affairs.

The true status of Tony Stark is unknown by the public (regarding the fact if he is dead or not) he is currently listed as missing.

The Xavier Institute for Gifted Children has been repaired by the Government and allowed to reopen, a single Government representative Dorathia Humperdinck has been assigned to observe the day to day operations of the school.

Public Opinion has started to sway away from supporting the SRA for the first time across several political polls.

Knowledge of the Hammer Industries Sentinel Program has been leaked across the Internet, Spokespersons for the US Government have neither confirmed nor denied these reports.

Several protests have broken out across the country demanding that the Government answer questions about the decision to deploy American Military Assets on American soil.

The current status of the AVENGERS and their relationship with the Government is unknown at this moment, official sources have stated that the team is being reviewed.

-AOH Staff

PS: Ponys

PMAIM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates
MP