Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A New Point of View, Tag: Natasha Romanoff
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 12:47 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"A wise man once told me that a person can do anything once they realize they're a part of something bigger."
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Coulson had been moving around the planet getting resources together for the satellite and to get it operational, the sheer amount of time and energy that SHIELD was dedicating to their new outpost was staggering but the effort was worth it. The Satellite was coming on line and their systems were finally being run through their final checks, it wouldn't be too long before they were at 100% capacity and then they could move on to their next objective from a secure platform. Once the satellite was online, they would be able to run operations from a location that was unreachable to all except a few individuals or with technology but they would be long detected besides they would hidden behind their cloaking device technology. It took him all of his outstanding willpower to resist making Star Trek references on a daily basis, nearly everyone at Command would understand and appreciate it so he slipped occasionally and now that it was basically operational he was starting to take people up there. There were caretaker personnel there already working on the Internal systems and getting the work done on the interior, John had moved up the components into orbit making all of this possible but now those sections needed to be wired and connected into the power grid as well as getting the supplies they were shipping up there secured.

He had approached Kate about taking command of their operations up there but Kate had never liked the idea of being out there in space and living up there wasn't something she was prepared to do. Not that she would be, she could commute but she had turned the offer down and so he had to think about who else could run the operations up there. He was far too busy running SHIELD's day to day operations and the Satellite crew had their own mandate in ensuring Global Security and so he was going through the list, John was a consideration but he was already being stretched in so many different directions that he didn't want to add to his workload given that he was also a Father and so he was thinking about Natasha. Despite the fact that she was an AVENGER after that incident at the Xavier Institute that possibility wasn't going to be available to her for the next long while and so he started to think about her taking over the operation. Firstly though he was going to show her this place and give her the run down on what was happening, she had been out of the loop with SHIELD and its efforts and so she was going to have to be caught up before he could consider her seriously for the position.

A few of their Quinjets had been converted for space travel by their technical teams and so they weren't entirely reliant on John getting them up here but still it was a bit of a journey as he flew to the meeting that he had arranged with Natasha. Given that they were being disavowed by the Government, he had reached out to her via some of their old SHIELD contacts who could communicate with her securely. The meeting spot was an out of the way shipyard that had been decommissioned years ago, one of many that had shut down over the years. It was rusting quietly along the Hudson but had easy access and more so, no electronic monitoring sources so they could meet quietly and have a brief discussion. No doubt Natasha was already there making sure that this wasn't a trap, he was one of the people that had put together the training manuals that were based partially on her experiences in Russia so he understood to a certain extent the levels of paranoia that she had. The truth was that he had them too and so he was scanning the area with his own sensor sweeps to make sure that they hadn't been tracked by Federal authorities but with the security pre-cautions they had taken that possibility was remote. Confirming that there was no one in the area, Coulson brought the Quinjet down into the shipyard. Touching down, he dropped the rear ramp and disembarked leaving the engine running just in case they had to make a quiet exit but he was looking around for Natasha who was doubtless observing his arrival.

TAG: Natasha Romanoff NOTES: Wearing this
PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 4 2018, 10:22 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
In love with a Winter Soldier
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Loneliness is emptiness, but happiness is you

Natasha had been on the run since the whole mess at the school had taken place and she had made known to all that she had never been really on the government said She had allowed them to think that, to trust her and at the right moment she had turned on them to help Captain America. She had been told that if she had turned her back on the United States they would see to it that no only would she face a trial here but they would gladly send her back to Russia and let them deal with her; which they clearly knew would be far worse than what they would do. So she had played her part, acted as if she had agree with them only to turn her back in the end. Now she was on the run, joining Steve in a way but yet trying to make right the wrongs she had. A part of Natasha knew that one day she would not be able to run any longer and she would in fact face what she had done in the past; before than she wanted to set things in order.

However a part of Natasha had never expected to be called upon by Phil Coulson for a metting.It had been a few years since she seen him; at which time she had been told that he was dead. That had turned out to be one of Nick Fury’s little tricks; clearly something he seemed to do a few times even in his own life. Phil had been brought back to life, or was it he had never really died, in truth Natasha didn’t know and really she didn’t want to know. The fact that he was alive was a little bit of sunshine in this dark world as Phil could pretty much be considered a friend to Natasha; something she didn’t have many of. Though he wouldn’t let her drive that pretty amazing car of his called Lola.

It had been through several channels that Phil’s message had come, with a date, time and a place. Of course Natasha was a little skeptical of such a thing, not that she didn’t have any reason not to trust Phil but still she was a wanted woman and was was working with two very wanted men. If somehow Phil was not part of the government what was really stopping him from being the reason to try and capture her. Not out of manila but well the government could put a nice squeeze on things that made life a little uncomfortable. So she had agreed to meet him at an old shipyard that had been out of commission for years now, arriving a few hours early she combed the whole section over a few times, plus a few miles around, before heading back into the shadows of some junk so that she could see anything coming or going but not be seen herself. Using a small device to cool her body temperature down so it wouldn’t really read on Thermal Imaging Surveillance, not that she could do much if they wanted to do a lifescan.

It would be a while later that the quinjet would land, and she would watch as Phil Coulson walked out into the open air, however she didn’t join him for a while. She waited for a moment watch as the jet took back off and flew off; though she knew it wasn’t far away if Coulson needed to leave it would be there in seconds. It was still about five minutes after that that Natasha finally came out of her hiding place. “I hope I look as good as you do when I die.”

### words | tagged | other notes
♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: May 5 2018, 03:55 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
"A wise man once told me that a person can do anything once they realize they're a part of something bigger."
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Coulson looked around at the shipyard they had chosen to meet at, years ago this would have been one of the busiest places in the city but now it was just a sad reflection of better times long gone. His dad had been one of those that had benefited from the boom times after the war, a working stiff all his life who wanted a better life for his son and there had been no one more proud of him when he had decided to go work for his country. He had always been close to his dad and whenever he had found himself doubting his course or his choices all he would have to do is think about his father and what he would do and he would know if he was doing the right thing or not. Natasha was around he could sense it, you didn't work in his line of work as long as he had without developing a sixth sense about your surroundings and so he could afford to be patient. She was making sure that he was on the level given that as far as she knew he had died back during the battle of New York, it wasn't something that he had advertised but there was a part of Coulson that had wished that he had shared the news of his return but there had been no time for that at the time. SHIELD was just getting back on its feet thanks to people like John, Kate, Amadeus, Betsy and the others and he was sure that whatever happened in the future, the work he had started was going to grow into something larger than he had ever imagined.

Coulson waited calmly in the clearing, Natasha was going to come to him in her own good time and there was no sense in rushing things so he did the only thing he could do, he pulled out his phone and started to play Candy Crush. It was remarkably addictive and he had found he had a talent for it so if he was going to have to stand here waiting for Natasha to feel comfortable he might as well see if he could get past that level that had been giving him problems over the last couple of days. He was just lining up some strawberries when he heard a familiar voice “I hope I look as good as you do when I die.” Looking up, he turned off his phone and looked over at Natasha as she revealed herself "I wouldn't recommend it, you have no idea how hard it is to get the IRS to unfreeze your accounts." After everything she had been through, Natasha still looked confident and in control as if she didn't have a care in the world, that was one of the reasons why Fury had trusted her with the tough assignments, she was absolutely unflappable. "Good to see you Natasha, its been a while, thanks for taking my call." There weren't that many people that had the ability to get in touch with the Black Widow when she was underground but he was certainly one of them and doubtless she would have a lot of questions for him now that she knew he was back "I thought a place out of the way might be more accommodating to make sure that you could see I wasn't followed. It's really me Natasha and I wanted to meet with you because I believe we can still change the world, do you remember what Fury used to say to all the new recruits?" That one man speech had been what had captured his imagination from the very first day and it hadn't gotten old over the years in fact it had become even more relevant in his opinion and he was hoping that Natasha remembered this as well.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 7 2018, 12:24 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Natasha watched Coulson play on his phone for a moment before she said something, causing him to look up and answered back that he would recommend it due to the heck it took to convince the IRS that you were in fact alive “Well it’s a good thing than I don’t use banks or have much uses for anything else that can track me.” It was amazing how much the two of them had gone through since the last time they had seen each other. They had once been on the same mission which had been to baby sit Tony Stark, an annoying but yet interesting assignment. They were both assigned to keep an eye on Tony and decide if he would be good for the team that would become known as the Avengers. In the end Iron man had made the team but Tony Stark had not due to his well personally. After that the two of them had gone on their own ways, Natasha had hunted down some leads while Phil went out to look at what would turn out to be Thor’s hammer

“It’s good to see you too Phil.” It really was good to see him, to know that there was another person out there fighting the good fight. “It's not everyday a person gets a call from the grave so I had to see for myself if it was really you or a trap. Thank you for making this out in the open and I really hope you are not here to try to take me in. I like you Phil but I will shoot you if it means my life or yours.” Ok the shot wouldn’t be to kill him but it would hurt like hell and make his think twice. Not that she was worry he was going to double cross her, why go through all this trouble to get her to talk to him if he was going to betray her. “Fury said a lot of things, you have to remember Phil I didn’t go through the academy when I met Fury he was trying to have me taken out.” Though she was sure she had heard Fury speech once or twice he had a habit of talking after all.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: May 10 2018, 08:02 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

It was good to see her again, Coulson had been her and Barton's logistics officer. When a team was out in the field they needed someone who was able to provide support and assistance while they were carrying out whatever operation they were assigned to. Both of them had been the best team he had ever seen in terms of pure skill and ability to get a mission done regardless of circumstance or difficulty. John and Kate were up there but the both of them had metahuman abilities and so to compare the two of them wasn't a fair thing to do because all that Barton and Natasha had to rely on was their training and physical training. Because of their connection, Fury had decided to make them a permanent team and so he had gotten to know both of them very well and when he had started to be given specific missions by Fury he had always tapped either one of them because they worked well together and more importantly they knew each others strengths, weaknesses and how to deploy their talents in the field to their fullest extent. One of the things that he had wished he was able to continue had been to bring Natasha in while he had been rebuilding SHIELD, she would have been invaluable because her experience and talents would have been crucial in reforming it into the vision that Fury had asked him to fulfill.

It was almost a shame that Natasha didn't remember the quote that Fury had repeated to each starting class and then it occurred to him that she hadn't perhaps she just wanted him to say it "He used to say that a person could accomplish anything when they were a part of something greater than themselves. I always believed in that and after the fall of SHIELD, Director Fury gave me a final directive to rebuild SHIELD into something that took that ideal serious. I have started the process but with everything going on and the incident at the Institute, I wanted to tell you that you have a place with us. Something is going on, there are people playing metahumans off against the public and stripping us of our defenders and we are just letting that happen. I am tired of getting played but if I am going to hunt down who is responsible I need someone that I can have absolute trust in but if we are going to have this discussion we should have it somewhere more secure. We can take a flight in the Quinjet but that requires you to trust me, if you think you can." Her training and everything that she had done lately would have honed her senses to a fine point, trust no one and verify everything was the motto that you lived by when situations like this fell upon you. To survive, you had to be able to focus on everything around you to see what was a threat and what wasn't the problem was that when you got like that you couldn't tell the forest for the trees in his experience and he was wondering how far she had wondered into the forest and if she was still able to find her way back.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 16 2018, 12:52 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

It was good to see Phil, he was most likely one of the only people she would trust. It was funny if she started to think about it there were only like five people in her life that Natasha trusted, all of them men and two of those men she had dated. Well she was currently seeing one of those two men again so maybe she should say she had dated one and was currently dating another. It had taken her a while to warm up to Phil, not because of anything he had done but because it took Natasha a long while to warm up or to trust anyone. Nick and Clint had once been out to kill her, though Clint had made a different all and so brought her in to become a member of SHIELD, it would be years later that she would trust Fury enough to really fully join. Even now he seemed to let do what she needed to get the job done, no real questions asked and Clint was normally right beside her in that. Steve it had taken very little time, maybe it was because a person couldn’t help but trust Steve the moment you met him because he was from that time that everyone wished they could go back to. Or maybe it was because of him that she had been created, the KGB wanted their own super soldiers, their own army to take down the likes of Steve so they had made the Black Widow program. Natasha had often wondered what Steve would say if she ever told him that she was made to kill him. Phil however it had taken a while, many missions and trusting him to have her and Clints back before she opened up to him. Though she might not really have called it fully open up to him, he had not been privilege to some of her war stories, even Clint hadn’t heard all she had ever done. There was really only one man alive that knew of those stories.

SHIELD had fallen but Natasha knew it wouldn’t stay down, not with Fury alive though he couldn't come out and tell the world he was alive but she knew he would find someone else to carry on. That someone else was Phil and really Natasha couldn’t think of a better person. Though she had to wonder if Phil really could make those very hard calls, there was a softness to Phil that Fury didn’t have; or maybe he did have but he kept it hidden. He went on to say that she had a place with them, so he had most likely heard that she was on the run. How could she not be on the run with two governments after her now, heck she was playing with fire staying in the United States at the moment.

Phil wanted to tell her more about his plans for SHIELD but they would have to leave the area. Tha meant that Natasha would have to trust him, trust that he was not about to turn her over to the government in order to save the new SHIELD or whatever other problems were coming up and he needed the government's help. That was when a little war started to go on in her head, not because she didn’t trust Phil but everyone had a breaking point, everyone was willing to turn their back on someone in order to get themselves out of hot water. The question was that Phil now, was he really being honest in wanting to talk to her or was he trying to get his own butt out of the fire. For a moment she just stood there looking at him, reading his body language to see any sign that he might be lying to her; but Phil was a dang good agent so it wasn’t easy to tell. So finally she had to go with her gut on this. “I will go with you Phil, but I will not give up my weapons and just so we’re clear if this is a trap I will not hesitate taking you or anyone else out.” Yes a threat, but she was being honest. If he was on the up with her than he would understand, if he wasn’t well than he would most likely become upset.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: May 17 2018, 01:33 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Natasha was being guarded which wasn't that much of a surprise given what she had been through both before SHIELD and with the fall of that same organisation. Her ability to trust had been severely compromised and it took a long time before she was willing to include someone into that fairly small circle. Once she had discovered the dirty secrets within SHIELD and released them to the public, he had known that her trust in them would have been shattered so he was glad that she was willing to at least take this meeting, if she was going to work with them again he was going to have to develop the same level of trust that she had in Fury and that was no easy feat. With her training in the Red Room along with her natural distrust of authority, he wondered what sort of timeline he was going to be looking at here because he needed Natasha if he was going to continue the work that Fury wanted him to complete. Rebuilding SHIELD into something that they could all be proud of wasn't a task that he could ever complete alone, what he needed was good people like John, Kate and Natasha to help him mold the Institution at all levels. SHIELD was going to fulfill it's mandate of being the SHIELD that would protect the world but before they could do that they had to be able to trust each other and see in themselves that they were worthy of the responsibility. It always came down to that in his experience, being worthy of the trust and faith that came with the position they were in, Thor would understand and he hoped to prove to Natasha that he was worthy of her trust regardless of how long it took.

The fact that she was willing to come with him was a step in the right direction even if she was going to remain armed, he had no problem with that and if it made her feel more secure that was just fine with him. "Alright, lets get onboard the Quinjet and then we can move forward with our conversation." Walking over to the Quinjet, he tapped a button on his watch and the auto launch sequence started so they could leave as quickly as possible, it was an automated process that made taking off far easier than their standard practice and it was thanks to Amadeus Cho for coming up with the protocol. Once they got on board, Coulson hit the control on the wall and the rear ramp started to come up as Coulson took the pilot's seat "Alright, get buckled up." They launched and soon the cloaking system was engaged as Coulson set course away from the shipyards, it was a measure of security that they needed to have the conversations they were going to and once they were set, he turned to look at Natasha "I never blamed Fury for what happened to me on the Helicarrier, he moved Heaven and Earth to get me back in the game but it wasn't without a cost. He asked me to rebuild SHIELD and I am trying to that but I need to assemble good people to really make this work, I have been getting in some of the best we've ever had but they need people with experience Natasha. I'd like you to consider coming back to SHIELD, we are working to get people clear of the Registration Act until we can get this mess sorted but I need you Natasha, we need you."

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 18 2018, 05:15 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Phil didn’t seem to be bother by the fact that she was going to remain armed or by the fact that she had just threaten to kill him if this was some kind of trap. All that of course was a good sign that he was in fact being honest with her. So she would go with him and listen to whatever it was that Phil wanted to talk to her about that could not be done in the open. In truth Natasha didn’t want to stay in the open either, too many things could go wrong in the open after all. So she followed him on the QuinJet, happy to see that it was just going to be the two of them, and buckle up in the copilot seat next to Phil.

Once they were up in the air and on their way, Phil turned back to her and went on with what he wanted to say. He was rebuilding SHIELD, well that much she already knew, but he wanted her to come back and join them. He needed people like her that he could trust; though in truth trusting Natasha wasn’t always a great idea as she tended to dance to the beat of her own drum. “There are not many that Fury trust fully, you were and it seems his right hand. I would have been more surprised if he had in fact let you die and not try to find a way to bring you back. When you have someone you trust like that a person will move heaven and hell in order to keep that person with them.” Natasha had lost her right hand a few times, the first time when James had been taken away from her. She had tried to move hell to get him back but the KGB had been ready for her. Than when Clint had had his mind control by Loki, well she was willing to do whatever it took to get her best friend back and in the end she had won that day. Fury was no different, and the man always seemed to be ten steps ahead of everyone.

“Do you know what you are asking for Phil? I”m not really the most liked person right now, instead of Russia wanting my back side I know have America too that would like to see me on the short end of a rope. You take me in they will hang you right beside me and you’re dreams of making SHIELD great once again will die. Do you really want that.” All this was reminding her of talking to Steve, he had made her an offer to to join him and not go into hiding.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: May 18 2018, 09:14 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

There was so much going on in the world that would have benefited from SHIELD being involved at least what it had been, Coulson had ambitions about getting SHIELD back there in terms of their resources, standing and personnel without the infection that HYDRA was dragging everything thy had done down. One of the absolute priorities that he had in that plan was bringing in the right people from the beginning and creating a base that was so strong and solid that nothing would be able to bring them down ever again and Natasha was absolutely vital to this plan. She would be one of those holding the center, she had seen everything that there was to see and had been tempered by all of the experiences of her life into something far greater than she could even realize. To Coulson, Natasha Romanoff represented the spirit of SHIELD, steadfast, resolute and utter unwavering in her commitment to the ideals that SHIELD had been founded in which was saying a lot considering all of the things that she had been through. The stories of her past were legend and largely unknown until the day when she had dumped all of SHIELD's classified files onto the Internet during the Project Insight incident. People were amazed and scared at the exploits recorded there and the personnel reports written about her missions some of them were written by him and in every instance she came back successfully and from missions that most people would have believed impossible.

That was one of the reasons out of many that he wanted Natasha back on the team, the fact that she was wanted by the two biggest Governments in the world wasn't that much of a concern for him because SHIELD was disavowed and he was wanted by a lot of Governments as well. If they wanted to come after them because of her that was just fine because SHIELD was ready and they had the ability to stand up for themselves and because they were a family and you never abandoned your family "That was Fury's problem, he didn't trust his people and so HYDRA was able to flourish because of the shadows those doubts cost. Now, I won't claim to be completely open with the people who I am responsible for but we are better and that is progress. I remember something Steve Rogers said to me once, something that he had learned from some of the Jews that he and the Commandos saved during the war. That it only takes one person to turn on a light in a dark room, he didn't really understand that until he saw the people in SHIELD standing up to HYDRA during the Project Insight. I understand what he meant, I see that now, we need people willing to stand up and be that brave, SHIELD is that light in the room Natasha and I want you to stand with us. I never was this talkative before well I died but that taught me an invaluable lesson, that the moments are all we have and I refuse to waste any more of them. We're willing to stand with you Natasha if you are brave enough to stand with us."

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 20 2018, 02:14 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

It was funny to see how many people were wanting Natasha to join them in their fights. First Steve had asked her not to go underground, to join and stand with him in the fight to protect the world; now Phil was doing the same thing. If Natasha didn’t know any better she would have thought that the two of them had talked and work this out. She wouldn’t have put it past the two of them but she hightly doubted since she had talk to Steve while the two of them were on the run from the fight at the school; so there had been no time. No she knew Phil and Steve had not talked but chances were that the two of them really did want her help, she had a set of skills about her that others did not have. Manily because she had been trained since a child to be the best spy ever. She never claim that she was the best spy but she would admit she knew how to do her job and she knew how to do it well. That was why Fury had wanted her because she would get the job done as long as she was able to do it her way with no questions asked.

Phil was right about Fury not trusting people, he was like her in that in many ways. Fury never told a single person everything, he told different people pieces of what they wanted to know. To Natasha this was smart and she had never question it, she only took her piece of information and used it the best way she could. This lesson the chances of if someone was caught that the enemy would learn everything. Granted it had a down side, due to no trust HYDRA had been able to slip in and attach itself into SHIELD but this wasn’t all of Fury fault for HYDRA had been in SHIELD from day one.

“Light that is not something that any one calls me Phil, I’m not light my very name is dark. I don’t work int he light I work in the dark to bring out those that are hiding in the dark. It’s people like you and Steve that is the light.” It didn’t sound like it but Natasha was thinking over Phil’s words and working it though in her mind about what it would mean to be part of SHIELD again. In truth she wasn’t sure if she would join fully, she would most likely want to just be a consultant like she had been when she first started out. Called in to help or do something that others could not do; that left her to be free to come and go as she needed.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: May 20 2018, 08:04 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Coulson could understand how in her position Natasha might see herself as a liability and when she had been involved with SHIELD it had been a very different organisation, now he was trying to make it better and while he was progressing it was still taking time. Many of the agents he had were from the old school and so they were having to learn new habits where others like Kate had taken to this like ducks to water but then Kate had always been an idealist. Now that she was with John that part of her had flourished and now he was looking at bringing in Natasha because in his own way he was hoping that she might grow a bit idealistic as well. Natasha was the one that you sent in to get the job done and it would always get done and she was capable of anything, it was one of the points that Fury had been so proud of but for him that came with a cost to the person. Without a morale compass in this line of work it was so easy to become lost in that vast area of grey where they had to operate. Over the years, Coulson had seen a lot of his friends fall into that trap where they couldn't see where the line was anymore and coming back from that wasn't something that was easily done and even then it left a mark on the soul that was never erased. If he could do something about that, Coulson knew that he would commit all of his resources to preventing it because Natasha deserved more than that from them, she had given everything that she was and had been to SHIELD because she believed like he did that they were the good guys. Then the revelation about HYDRA occurred and everything that they knew had fallen down, that had been a dark period of their history but thankfully it was one that they were moving away from.

"You'd be surprised Nat, I debriefed a lot of the people that you brought back over the years and all of them spoke very highly about you. But enough of that, we're spoken enough shop, now how are you Natasha?" It had been a while since they had last sat down together to talk, they had some time back on the Helicarrier before the AVENGERS first deployed to protect New York but ever since then he had either been dead or the both of them had been busy. Neither one of them were particularly sensible to long periods between communications, both of them were professionals and in this business disappearing was something that could happen to a person but maintaining relationships was something that the both of them placed a premium on. In this business the relationships that you developed were often the things that kept you alive out there, death was never far behind when you were in Intelligence especially out in the field and so if you had friends willing to put themselves out for you then so much the better. Coulson set the Quinjet into cruise mode for now they were just going to chat so he wanted to be mobile so that he could put Nat down where she wished but kept the option open to take her to one of their facilities if she wanted to check out what they were doing there too. Mostly he wanted to sit here and talk with someone he considered a friend, Coulson knew that many of his friends were dead, thought he was dead or had disappeared which made finding them incredibly hard so he was going to take advantage of this. The two of them had some history and that counted for a lot in his experience and so he started to relax, Natasha was armed but that was more for her piece of mind than anything so much so that he had also ordered John not to watch over him during this meeting as he trusted Natasha.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: May 27 2018, 04:42 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Natasha knew that this meeting Coulson was trying to recruit her, and any time of her life Natasha most likely would have joined by his side. However that would have been before HYDRA was found holding the strings to SHIELD, before this whole mess with the accords, and before her betraying the government that had taken her in. Those were only some of the befores that had currently happen in her life. In truth if Natasha took time to think about it the past few years had been a world wind of commotion, to the point she had to wonder did she ever take a moment to just breath as she had been thrust from one thing to another. It was almost hard to even think about her life before all this madness but there had been a time when she had days to herself and she only had to look over her shoulder a few times. So when Phil decided to drop the subject about SHIELD for a moment and just asked her how she was, Natasha had to really think about it.

Oh she could give the standard answer, that she was fine or maybe even good, but she knew Phil deserved more than that. So she sat there for a moment and really thought how she was. “I’m alive.” that was her answer, and that was really the only way to put how she truly was at the moment. She was alive, damaged and unsure what to do or think next but she was alive. To many this might have been an eye rolling answer but to Natasha it was the truth and it was really the best way she could answer at the moment. After all in her line of work she could very well be dead, something Phil knew all too well about.

Natasha could feel the jet slow down enough to the point it was just really floating in air and she looked over at Phil, knowing what he was planning to do. She knew from the moment he had asked her how she was. He had laid out the cards of wanting her to join, and since she hadn’t jumped at it right away he was going to sidestep the topic an bit, have a real conversation with her and than bring it back around to wanting her on his team. She had done this trick a few times and it made her smile. “I’m sure you have kept track of everything I’ve been up to, I want to hear about you Phil.”

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: May 28 2018, 04:52 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Coulson knew that Natasha was onto the game he was playing because they were two of the best at it in SHIELD, she had been the one that he had sent after Banner to bring him in for the incident with Loki. No one else would have managed to get him in without there being a code "Green" and that was an impressive feat by anyone's standards. Her organisational reputation was legendary, he had heard a popular saying that if you want the job done you send in a SHIELD agent, if you wanted it done properly send in well trained agent, if you wanted a mission done and no one would ever know about it, you sent in Agent Romanoff. It was just a reflection on how good she was and at how her legend or at least the stories that made up her legend had quickly become a part of the SHIELD story, agents would talk about her, others would try to emulate her and when she became part of the AVENGERS well that was just about the proudest moment that many of those in SHIELD had ever experienced. There were two of their own being a part of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and given how much in the shadows that many of them operated in, it was fantastic to see how their people were out there literally saving the world and this time the world would actually know about it. Being that he was a part of that story, it enabled him to see Natasha as the person that she actually was rather than the persona that she presented to everyone else, she was someone who was incredibly dedicated to those she considered friends and she would never allow anyone to go through what she had in the Red Room, not if she had anything to say about it.

Not that he knew much about about what happened there though over the years he had gathered up a lot of rumors and stories about the legendary training facility. It easily outstripped anything that SHIELD had for good reason, they did things that SHIELD would never allow even HYDRA didn't adopt some of their practices which was something given there were few things that HYDRA wouldn't do to give themselves the ultimate edge. Perhaps that was why they had invested so much into the Weapon X program but that was a thought for another day and it was at that point that Natasha asked about him "Well, that's a long story but we have time. After I was killed before the battle of New York Fury enacted the Tahiti protocol where alien technology was used to reanimate me. To preserve my sanity, memories were implanted of my recovery on a beautiful desert island as the process is not gentle and in the testing phase it had some poor results." That would always been something that he would regret given that he had been in charge of Project Tahiti and recommended that the program be scrapped given the side effects of the process but Fury had been adamant that the work continued, he would not allow an AVENGER to die without some sort of intervention. "Since then, I have been busy rebuilding SHIELD, I had a team and it has expanded and we have some good people starting to do the work we were meant to do though I'll admit that I miss being in the field. I have to retake all of my field qualifications and you know how much of a pain in the ass they are." Natasha was cleared after all she had been Level 7 but she needed to know that he trusted her and she deserved to know the truth. He did chuckle at that last remark, field qualifications had always been hard, they were designed to be that way and they ensured that field agents maintained their edge regardless of circumstance.

PM
^
Natasha Romanova
 Posted: Jun 3 2018, 10:03 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

Natasha had heard rumors about the Tahiti project, she had even found documentations about it but she had always hoped it would be buried and never be used. It was too close to what was done to many; like James; to turn them into the perfect weapons. Yes it gave these people the chance to regain their lives, but their minds would be lost so they had to be reprogrammed. To Natasha death would be better, she had been reprogrammed a few times and having no more control of your own thoughts or not even knowing what was your own thoughts was something she never wished on anyone. She was glad to see Phil, to know he was alive and that he was in charge of SHIELD, but she was sad to know that he had gone through what he had. The nightmare it must have been when he realized that what he had thought was beautiful island had been nothing more than a lab. Even now she could still see hints of the pain that was to him, though he did well to soldier on as it was called.

“Rebuilding and wishing me to join,” There she brought it back around full circle, the reason he was truly here. Natasha was never one for small talk that lead nowhere. Not even in her missions if she did any small talk really any talking at all she was gleaning information from her target. Get a man drunk enough, show him enough skin or even get him talking long enough he was always willing to spill his guts. However Phil wasn’t a target but well a friend, so she wouldn’t waste his time or hers trying to glen anything out of him; not when he was willing to pretty much tell her what he wanted. Just like Steve he was willing to protect her from the governments that wanted her; governments that she knew would catch her one day it was only a matter of time. Maybe she should feel flattery knowing two groups of people wanted her.

“What is it you want me for Phil.” Again Natasha wasn’t dumb enough to think he just wanted her to hang around, with what he was willing to risk there was something he wanted her for. Not that Phil was really a heartless person, neither was Steve, she knew they wanted her skills but they were friends wanting to make Natasha a part of something again. It was amazing to Natasha how much she had come to enjoy being part of a team, when for so long she never wanted to work with anyone.

♔ nickdiazfan @shine
PM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: Jun 4 2018, 01:57 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
SHIELD
Neutral

Years of experience with Natasha allowed Coulson to read her expression well micro expressions when he spoke of the Tahiti protocol, she knew about it but that wasn't a surprise. Natasha had a field reputation up there with Rogers and the Winter Soldier so if there was a chance that there was a secret that she didn't know or at least had heard of it would be damn small in his estimation. Things had changed for him after the Tahiti protocol, it had changed his perspective and shown him that SHIELD wasn't the institution that he had thought it was that Fury was willing to do whatever it took to do what he believed needed to be done. After all he had discovered about the project and his own involvement in it, he could say with absolute certainty that he wouldn't have done what Fury had because the cost had been too high and the risks involved, he was certain that there were going to be more consequences for him further down the road like the poor souls who had been treated during the testing phases. That was still something that weighed on him, the lives of his fellow SHIELD agents that he had thought were being helped instead all he did was turn them insane, destroyed any possibility that they had of living a somewhat normal life well at least all but one but he had chosen to keep his new life rather than discover what he was that he had been. Perhaps that was why he had kept his sanity, who would know but Coulson knew that there had to be a price to his resurrection because that was the way that the universe seemed to work.

"I want what you have always done Natasha, I want you to inspire the people around you. Back when we were all with SHIELD the agents that you inspired by your example. We used to use the story of the Black Widow at the Operations Training Academy as the measuring stick, if you want to be in the field then you have to be able to be able to work to this level and then we will tell them about some of your more unclassified missions. SHIELD needs to be better than it was Natasha, with Fury we were a weapon but I want us to be more which is why I am putting together a hell of a team, Kate Bartlett is one of them. I recruited her and she was one of the best I ever had, she is a White Knight type a lot like her husband John Bartlett who also works for us. We have good people but I need more who can train, work with our teams and get us ready for the missions we have coming. I don't need you to do the things you used to do Natasha, I need you to better." There was a plan and that was it, he wanted her to be an Agent of SHIELD but the work that she had done, the work that Fury had needed he to do wasn't going to be the type of work that she would do with him. The Director had once told him that one of the reasons that he liked Natasha was that she was comfortable with anything and if he needed a job done then it got done but for what he had in mind he was going to take advantage of one of her most under used assets. Her well deserved service reputation and the wide range of skills that she had been taught by Russia and the US during her years of service.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates