Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Call For Unity, Scarlet Witch/Magneto
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 06:07 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Scarlet Witch
“It’s a dangerous world out there…” the voice on the audio transmission started off as it always did. A soft voice, caring, understanding yet intense in its own way as it spoke to the hearts of people all across the world. The signal, a pirated transmission wavelength, which cut into other signals to get its message out to the world was easily picked up over radio and television. This transmission broadcast had been going on for a few weeks now on seemingly random days between 8PM EST to 5AMEST and had recently become something of a new media sensation despite the clearly political messages it was trying to put across. “… a world that gets harder every day.”

“Every day changes occur all around us without our even knowing it.” The voice always seemed to be somewhat sad, somewhat distant as if the speaker were looking at into an ocean of unhappy things and trying to warn the people she was speaking to so they would not be so lost. “Every day the world around you becomes a little smaller. You learn more, the mysteries of the universe seem ever closer within your reach. You find yourself surrounded by the seemingly incomprehensible, the overwhelming, the unthinkable and you are asked to cope or to trust in others to protect and guide you. You ask yourself why? Why is the world changing so fast? Why are we besieged by the future and all things once thought merely fictitious or supernatural? To these questions the people in authority, your leaders, your militaries and maybe even your religious heads will give you many answers, many explanations and many promises that if you put your faith in them and their wisdom, their dogma, their laws you will be safe and guide you through the dark times ahead. However I ask you, all of you, what happens when those leaders seek to supress the truth from you? What does it mean when those leaders act out of hubris, greed or worst of all fear and prejudice?”

The voice was calm and collected as if making such statements and asking such questions were natural, an everyday thing. The speech was clearly practiced but not so much so that the words came off as robotic. No these words had clearly come from a heart and mind concerned with the very subject they were speaking about and wanted other people to see just how truly serious these concerns were.

“The history of the world is filled with such cautionary tales. One need only look to the past to see the consequences of such fear and hatred. From 1478 to 1834 The Holy Order of the Inquisition, better known as the Spanish Inquisition was enacted to hunt, prosecute, ostracize and even execute anyone considered a heretic by the standards of the Catholic Church and the Spanish Empire. At least 150,000 people considered undesirable were prosecuted with an estimated 5000 executed publically. From 1941 to 1945 Nazi Germany enacted what they called the ‘Final Solution’ which resulted in what has come to be known as the Holocaust, the decimation of six million European Jews, Gypsies and other peoples considered undesirable by their government. Even in the modern age such fear and hate motivated actions have occurred as with the ethnic cleansing campaigns of the Army of Republika Srpska which took place between 1992 and 1995 in which 2,700,000 people were displaced due to their racial ethnicity, religious and political beliefs. The death toll of this conflict has never been accurately tallied.”

For a moment the voice went quiet as if giving a moment of silence for those people fallen because of hate and fear, persecution by a strong majority and often backed by political powers.

“These atrocities can be looked back upon as some of the worst actions humanity has perpetrated on itself ever. However those of the western world, the America’s north and south may question what these incidents in the old world have to do with them? Many stringently and emphatically state that the Americas have never, would never and could never perpetrate such atrocities. Between 1692 and 1683 20 people were executed on suspicions and accusations of being in league with the devil. From 1789 to 1865 the United States legally recognized and in some cases endorsed the practice of slavery. Even today people are persecuted, shunned and even killed because of what is perceived as questionable behaviour or predilections by the majority, The LGBT community, Illegal immigrants, and people of foreign faiths and ethnicities just to name a few. Indeed it’s a dangerous world out there, a world that has not really changed all that much from its supposedly more primitive and superstitious roots. The world is dangerous for anyone considered different, strange or in some way inferior. Today as with 100 years ago, 50 years ago, 10 years ago, people fear what they don’t understand, who they don’t understand. It is no secret that all across the world people with special abilities and genetic differences are coming into the light. Evolution and Science have hurtled humanity forward as is natural and has brought forth people unlike the world has known in ages past. Meta-Humanity, Mutants, Aliens all of these things have come to life out of the pages of fiction, emerging into the daylight of the real world.”

Again a pause followed by a sad sigh of resignation. “Inevitably… sadly… fear and hate have also risen to stand in open hostile opposition to these peoples. Fear and hate, greed and hubris, the opposition to anything that is different and the desire to control and exploit that which could be of benefit to the few or many no matter the moral cost. People across the world are being categorized, branded and singled out for being different from mainstream humanity. People across the world are being rounded up, outed, stripped of their basic human rights and freedoms and forced to register their identities so that they can be watched, controlled and possibly destroyed if deemed too dangerous… too different… for the world on whole. I speak, as I have for many nights now, about the Super Human Registration Act, a bill of laws being instituted and backed by the US Government and its allies in the United Nations, a bill of laws whose specific focus is to register and control Meta-Humanity on mass for the ‘safty’ of the baseline human public. I can understand fear. I grew up in a country where war and political turmoil were a way of life. I watched my family destroyed by political insurgents using weapons created and procured in other countries. I stood by groups who railed against the system, fought against authority out of fear of corruption by outside forces. I blamed others, hated people… hated someone… I had never met because I was afraid of them and what they had and could do. I understand the fear of what forces beyond your control can do and how trying to garner a measure of control over those forces seems like the logical way to beat that fear. I was just like all of you… and then I changed. I became the thing that people feared and hated, the force that that others sought to control. I became the embodiment of the strange and unusual which the world at large had real cause to be scared of. I revelled in it and I abused my power. I made mistakes and became a monster.” A quiver in the heavily accented voice, the sound of hesitation and the loosing of tears. “Then I learned there were things worse than me out there. That there were monsters that should truly be feared and fought against. Not all of these monsters were people like me, people with differences and a little extra something in their genes, not all these monsters were born into this world by a quirk of fate or evolution. Some monsters are those you can see… monsters than rise up like demons and reign down destruction and death from the skies, other monsters are more insidious and play with the lives of people like pieces on a chess board, some are like a poison or a cancer working their way into and through society polluting and distorting everything they touch. I agree that the potential dangers out there… the dangers that individuals or groups within the meta-human and mutant offshoots of humanity are a real concern. I agree that there needs to be equally powerful beings and measures in place to combat the monsters that rise. I cannot however agree that all who are born or made different, born or made with abilities or even born or made just looking different from baseline humanity should be grouped together and branded as threats.”

A fire, a burning passion mounting in the voice. A desire for the people listening all across the world to hear her and understand, to see the truths behind the all the falsehoods the SRA and those who supported it were trying to push into the mainstream. The Voice, that is what she had come to be known as, never specifically identifying herself but dropping hints and bits of her history, facts about what she was and what she had done so people could make an educated guess. She had given many speeches over the last few weeks, spoken at length on the subject and even called out people directly involved in the systematic oppression of Meta-Humanity. She had hinted at atrocities big and small committed in the name of safety. She detailed how the rights of meta-mutant-etc were slowly but surely being taken away by laws designed to obfuscate truth and reality from the world public. Passion and conviction always entered into her voice as she spoke out against the injustices of the SRA and its supporters. She needed to make it clear to meta and baseline alike that this could not be accepted.

“I ask you, every one of you listening to me now, look to those you love and imagine if they just someday manifested such changes. Your mothers and fathers, your brothers and sisters, your children, your friends, your lovers, would you wish to see them robbed of their civil and human rights because they may be different? Would it be right to suddenly despise them because they could fly or move things with their mind? Would they deserve to be enslaved or even killed because they will not or cannot conform to the standard human condition? I had a brother and I loved him with all my heart. Together we sought power and we were given it. We abused that power and perhaps because of that I lost him. I think about him every day and the world we could have helped make had we used our powers for good as I try to do now. Those with abilities are not monsters, they are people just like you. It is only how they use those powers that dictates whether they are a threat or not. You cannot judge a man before he has committed a crime so why would it be acceptable to judge someone with meta-abilities before they have done anything to deserve such? Those who are in power would tell you that it is for your own good, that it is for the safety of all that the SRA is being implemented. Again look at your family, your friends, your loved ones and ask yourself does it benefit them? Does the taking or rights and persecution of others benefit them at all? Ask yourself if you and they were in the shoes of the innocent people this act will affect how would you feel?”

The final pause as the voice let’s the people listening think on the questions she poses. “I leave you now with the words of a great man, Martin Luthor King Jr. fought for the equal rights not only of his people but for all people. If he were here today I have no doubt he would stand against the injustices of the Superhuman Registration Act. The man would speak out, his message would be the same as mine and so I pull from his great words to say: ‘Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.’ Look to yourselves one and all. Stand together and work towards a better world for all. Defy tyranny and stand for what is right. Look not to your leaders for truth but in your own heart.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 09:11 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I tried your way, Charles. I tried to be like them, live like them. But it always ends the same way. They took everything away from me. Now, we'll take everything from them.
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

I am no hero. Merely a man who has seen and done and endured
what can never be forgotten or forgiven.
The world had progressed much over the years and he had been a witness to it all, with the serum that the Nazis had tested on him, his aging process had slowed and he had maintained his youthful vitality despite being the same age as Charles. It was one of the few blessings that he had taken from the Nazis and since then he had been waiting, watching for any sign that Mankind had learned from the mistakes of his Generation and yet time and time again Erik found himself disappointed. Time and time again, the leaders of the world had the opportunity to make the world a better place, a place where never again would innocents suffer at the hands of the powerful and yet for some reason or another they chose the other way, the way that would be of best benefit for them. People didn't change but it was Charles example that made him consider that sometimes it could happen, he had managed to tame the Wolverine which many thought was an impossible task and yet Charles had managed it, he had always been a good teacher and a better man. Over the years, he had gathered to him his students, his X-Men in whom he would place his trust and to them, he would entrust the dream that he had shared with him long ago. At first, he had been unconvinced but seeing them come together as a family, fighting the odds that only a family could showed him that there was a strength to be found there and unlike many, Erik always paid attention to his lessons as a boy and he did the same now that he was a man.

Steven Rogers, the Indomitable Captain America had made his stand against the Government when they came for the school but even before that, when he had taken his position against the SRA. It had taken a courage he hadn't thought possible from someone like him, it was easy to charge against bullets but to take a stand against your country and your friends, that took real courage and he found himself respecting Steve Rogers for it more than he had thought possible. Cloaking himself in the emblem of a country that wasn't the one that he had fought for all those years ago seemed like bullheaded stupidity to Erik but there was a strength of conviction that one had to admire especially given the fact that there was every chance that they would have to fight one another. Both of their courses would lead to conflict one day, Erik knew that and when Rogers became aware of him, so would he but for now that conflict would be delayed until this moment was over and it was to his example that Erik looked to now. Being someone with his power had made him arrogant and now with his enemies gathering their strength it would take more than the Master of Magnetism to find victory against those odds and so he began looking for recruits, to forge his own brotherhood as Charles had all those long years ago.

Erik had Scott in mind, after deciding to register it seemed as if he was the one most likely to follow a different version of Charles' dream, one where homo superior would never again be afraid because of their genetic heritage. Logan was also another one he would seek to recruit, the Wolverine had always been on the outer limits of society and it would not take much to show him the truth of his situation but as of late someone else had come to his attention. Rogers was good he had to give him that, he remembered the lessons of history and so had started his own Voice of the Resistance, something he and Rogers were both familiar with given their past. Hers was a voice that spoke with great conviction, fighting the propaganda that flooded the Mainstream Media and the way that her voice carried the message showed that Rogers had made an inspired choice. People often forgot that his power wasn't strictly magnetism, it was control over the EM spectrum which included radio waves, given the danger to her Rogers was obviously moving his broadcast location to ensure that they weren't compromised or that tracking them would prove to be too difficult. That wasn't a problem for him though as he became familiar with the feel of their broadcast wave and soon enough he was able to track her down, this was a conversation that he wanted to do in person. Whomever this was, she was a connection to Rogers and if they were to fight the same fight then it made sense to at least have a conversation. As the transmission reached its end, Erik arrived at the location and with a wave of his hand, the door to the place opened and Erik stepped forward "Do not panic, I have no hostile intentions. I am alone." He looked around carefully, encased in a field of EM energy to protect himself against any attack and as his gaze looked around the room he stopped when he saw the young woman in front of him, someone he had been looking for since he had found Baron Von Strykers files and the children he had experimented on "Wanda?"

TBC
Notes here!
PMEmail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 07:37 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Scarlet Witch
The sound of metal being stretched, distressed and pulled brought Wanda Maximoff to her feet immediately. She took a trained stance of defense, her hands falling to her sides and immediately starting to glow with scarlet mist like swirls of energy as she stared to the door and the floating caped silhouette there. She had this night been transmitting from inside a catholic church, the priest of this parish a supporter of Captain America’s and an old war buddy from back in the day. Wanda had expected this night to go as all the others before it had, quietly and without any interruptions thanks to moving around so much and using SHIELD technologies that helped keep her location a secret despite the mass intrusion of her pirate signal.

She was obviously wrong.

Despite the assurances of the voice that suddenly spoke out to her the Scarlet Witch focused her telepathic and telekinetic abilities, readying herself for anything just as she had been taught to do by Captain America himself. “Come into the light…” She demanded, her usually chocolate brown eyes glowing a menacing red as she glared at the shadow, the surprise of hearing her name forced down as best she could so as not to be distracted. “Who are you and how did you find me?” She practically snarled in the direction the floating man who had clearly known what and who to expect when coming into the back room of this small neighborhood church. The room was small, a storage area with tightly packed wooden shelving units where sacramental wine, holy wafers and other amenities the church used on a regular basis were kept. The single light above her only illuminated the immediate area around her which had been good enough while transmitting her thoroughly prepared and memorized speech but now came as a hindrance when staring down a potential threat. Silently she took a few steps back, carful and measured so as to seem unafraid but clearly cautious. At the same time she tried to use her telepathic gifts, reaching out to touch the man’s mind as she could with nearly anyone and discover who he was and why he had come. To her shock and dismay she found that she could not read the interlopers mind, indeed she could not sense even a faint psi-signature form him he was a total blank to her. This for Wanda meant three things in her experience, either the man was a telepath like herself and had the ability to circumvent someone with less power or practice than he, he was some kind of machine or construct or he had technology of some kind that prevented a mind reader from using their abilities on him. Whatever the case was this made the situation all the more complex and uncomfortable for Wanda, so used to being able to use her abilities to get herself out of trouble if recognized or discovered. “How do you know my name?” She finally asked while focusing her telekinetic abilities to grasp the bottles of wine and other objects on the walls and make them rattle, a tactic both to distract and intimidate she hoped.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 06:33 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I tried your way, Charles. I tried to be like them, live like them. But it always ends the same way. They took everything away from me. Now, we'll take everything from them.
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

This was a surprise he hadn't expected, the children were certainly known to him now but that was just a recent development since he had gotten his hands on Stryker's files and now that he knew about them, they had become an important priority. The problem was that Pietro was dead and Wanda was in hiding at least according to rumor and he didn't want her to know that he was her father or more importantly for others to know that he was her father. Erik had developed a lot of enemies over the years that would love to strike at him at his family, given that all of his family was dead that had never been a risk factor until now and so with only his daughter left in the world, it had become an important task to find her. The problem was that he didn't know how to broach the subject, she had no idea that he was her father having left their mother before he became a risk to her, at the time he was being hunted by various Government agencies from across the globe and it was while he was hiding that he had discovered her mother. It was never meant to happen but somehow his heart had awoken and they discovered a sweet passion, it wasn't going to last and he knew it even if she didn't and walking away from her had been the hardest thing he had done in a long time but if he had known she was pregnant he would have never left and those chasing him would have discovered the depths of their mistake.

Now he had his daughter standing in front of him and she was the spitting image of her mother, he had kept tabs on them over the years, she had remarried to a good man and Sokovia despite the difficulties it experienced as a country it was a safe place to grow up until Ultron. By the time he had arrived it was too late but that robot was damn lucky that the AVENGERS had dealt with him before he had, Erik would have taken his time taking him apart piece by piece. It was then that he had discovered that Magda had died and that was something he still grieved about as well as the death of the son he had never known but he took some comfort that he had died fighting for his people, well the country that he lived in, they were never his people. Now, he had Wanda and he was determined not to fail her like he had Pietro but this was a time where he had to be careful, too much information and she would recoil from him and he wanted to have a solid basis for their relationship before he shared certain details "My name is Erik Lensherr and as for how I discovered your location, part of my mutation is that I can detect EM transmissions like radio waves. I have been listening to your broadcasts and they have the tone of truth which is quite rare in today's society so I wanted to seek you out." He had listened to those resistance radio transmissions during the war, it was one of the few sources of the truth that they had at that time and it brought great comfort to those of them huddling in empty houses praying that the allies would arrive before the Nazis found them "Please, I mean no harm. I recognise you from the news and I was a bit surprised. I would have expected more people here to guard you in case the Government tracked you down. I just want to talk, if that is alright with you."

TBC
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 05:13 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Scarlet Witch
“Erik Lehnsherr, Magneto, I know about you from old SHIELD files we had access too before everything went to hell.” Wanda spoke with a bitter tone yet still held firm, her powers clearly in control as the bottles and pieces of church paraphernalia on the shelves to either side of them rattled harder. “You are marked as a terrorist and a murderer. A man who has used his powers to kill for well over several decades out of revenge and for personal-political goals. You disappeared for a while and a lot of people marked you off as dead…” She eyed him closely seeing that though he was ladled to be in his late 70s to early 80s he still retained a youthful visage. She could only wonder if that was perhaps part of his mutation much like the regenerative effect of a healing factor or from something else not listed in the very few files that mentioned him. Either way his claim to be one of the world’s notorious historical terrorists wasn’t something that immediately engendered a positive response from Wanda. She herself had not always stood on the ‘side of the angels’ and had done some very damn disreputable things in her life. From being a political agitator to signing up with the most evil of terrorist groups of all time in Hydra she was nowhere near innocent enough to judge the man for his purported deeds but she was now an Avenger and he had come upon her at a very complicated and compromising time. She had come to this place tonight to give yet another speech of working towards a better tomorrow for all meta and mutants as well as baseline humanity by speaking out and outright resisting the SRA and its controversial tenants. She had done all of this under the orders of her superior Captain America because he had faith in her, he believed she was the right person out of all of their friends and allies to speak out like this and talk to the people. Clearly her message had reached further and to people she had not and would not believe would be listening.

“Guards?” She smirked somewhat sardonically an instant before all the bottles of sacramental wine in the small storage area for the church suddenly exploded all at once. She had only, till now, been using her power to cause a clamor and to make a point that she could fight the man without even having to move if he decided to attack. His remark that he would have expected her to be guarded though clearly needed a response, a show that she was in no way as helpless as it may seem even if she were alone. As the floor pooled with the cheap wine and the shards of glass fell around her like snow she looked up to the man fearlessly. “Does it look like I need guards?” She question with a fearless tone all the while continuing her telekinetic shaking of the other supplies and foodstuffs in the small room for emphasis. “Captain America picked me for this because he knew that not only could I speak to the people but because I could take care of myself.” She spoke with a slight annoyance and pride to her voice despite not fully agreeing with her friend and mentor concerning her fitness for this. She however would not let anyone, even the legendary Master of Magnetism see her doubt. “You say you mean me no harm and only wish to talk. Alright… talk, what does Erik Lehnsherr want with the Voice of the Resistance.” She used the informal title she had been given by those who listened to her show out in the public because that was just what Magneto in his own admission had been seeking out through his power to manipulate Electro-Magnetic fields.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 06:23 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

It was like stepping back to yesterday, he was standing in a snow-blown street watching this beautiful young woman arguing with a man about something that never did figure out but her voice sounded so beautiful. It had been a long time since Erik had ever felt something like that for anyone, he had walked the world for a long time and the only place where he had ever found peace was at the Mansion with Charles and his young charges. But there was something that had always drawn him out into the world, perhaps it was the pain of his past or the fact that he never managed to believe that Charles' dream was possible, he had seen the worst that humanity had to offer and once you had seen the true face of evil, hope wasn't something that you could ever believe in at least that was how it was for him. His journey had taken him all across the globe and it was in a remote corner of the world where few people ever stopped let alone knew about that he would find a spark of that emotion in his soul. Erik hadn't expected it and so as he stood there looking at this young woman that he didn't know but knew that he was going to talk to perhaps ask out for a cup of coffee the thought crossed his mind that perhaps there was something to what Charles had been preaching after all.

Wanda was the spitting image of her mother, he knew that as soon as he looked at her. His mouth became dry because it was like he was looking at a ghost of someone long gone, she was different of course but it was still a shock to see the reflection of her mother in the woman standing before him. Clearing his throat, he gathered himself before he trusted himself to speak, she had heard of him which wasn't a surprise given that SHIELD had files on most people in the world and she must have had access to them during her time with Stark and the AVENGERS. She had done well for herself and now here he was with the girl who could very well be his daughter, not that she knew that of course and it would be a while before he would get to broach that subject, for now he just wanted to get to know her "Voice of the Resistance, its been a while since I heard that phrase, last time it was in a small village near Moustiers-Sainte-Marie during the war. I guess a part of me had hoped we were past such things but I guess humanity has never been good at learning from their mistakes." There was a hint of bitterness in his voice as he said that, long memories that haunted him still stirred in his mind "I am not surprised that the good Captain asked you to do this, you certainly do have the voice. But my business isn't with the resistance nor the Voice of it, I am here to speak with you if you have a moment. I know you are busy but I was hoping you might be able to spare some of your time."

TBC
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 02:39 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Scarlet Witch
She was surprised that he even acknowledged the informal and unofficial title she had been given by the people who listened to her. It had been Captain America who had first made the parallel with the resistance of WWII and now yet another man who had lived through that was doing the same. Ironically Erik Lehnsherr had more in common with Steve Rogers than experience. They both had come through the hell of those times and stood in this century still young and powerful in their own rights. There was no disputing that Magneto was perhaps one of the most dangerous men alive. He had been classified as a global level threat by SHIELD despite his years of being out of the public eye. Now however he had returned and he stood facing someone who had been labeled by the world as a terrorist and a monster. There is where the similarities to Cap ended and the similarities between she and the man began. “Ici Londres! Les Français parlent aux Français" She spoke the slogan of Radio Londres a pirate radio station run by the BBC from London and broadcast to Nazi occupied France. Her Sokovian accent rolled the rrs a bit more than was normal for french being spoken but she was quite sure Magneto, being of Eastern European descent himself would perfectly understand. “This is London calling! The French speaking to the French!” She then spoke the translation with a nod of respect to a man who had honestly been there to hear original transmissions and who had a hand in seeing the world change and turn away from tyranny.

“People have changed. The world isn’t like it was back then, its not a simple matter of black and white any more. The villains don’t wear their symbols on their arms or cry out hails to their leader before charging into the breach.” She retorted to his opinion concerning humanity. “Some might say things are worse now, others would say this is only the natural progression of prejudice but no matter what there is always hope and people willing to fight for what is right.” She stepped towards Magneto showing no fear despite knowing just how dangerous he was. So far the man had made only peaceful overtures towards her which was both shocking and confusing. No matter the side of the current political argument she was on she was still an Avenger and he was still a wanted criminal known for acts of terrorism on mass with often near complete disregard for the guilt or innocence of those affected.

Yet he was clear that he had not come for a fight so out of curiosity she nodded.

“You want to talk Mr. Lehnsherr. Alright, I am curious as to what you might have to say to me. You are being very… polite… even complimentary to me, someone who otherwise might be your enemy. I never imagined you as the flattering type but then again I never really imagined we would ever come face to face or have any reason to converse.” She smirked a bit trying to hold her poise and some semblance of control of the situation. She had been thrown off her game by his sudden arrival and more so by his insistence that he was here specifically to speak with her… speak… not fight. By maintaining a bit of briskness, a bit of standoffishness, she hoped to keep from falling into any kind of trap the Master of Magnetism might be planning if he expected to lull her into a false sense of security. “I’ll give you points for charm Mr. Lehnsherr… but not so much for subtly.” She looked from him to the bent metal and fallen door of the small back room of the church. “The good father who offered me this space to transmit from tonight will not be pleased.” She mused offhandedly while politely gesturing for him to back away a bit. “If you really mean only to talk then let’s move to somewhere with a bit more space. Keeping me cooped up in this little room does not scream peaceful intent.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 09:37 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

She had a commanding presence that was plainly obvious, he wondered how much of that was a genetic trait she had garnered from him and how much of it was from the people that she had been around, people such as Steve Rogers. Erik remembered how the Good Captain had fought against the Nazis and indeed owed him a debt for the Jews that he and the other Howling Commandos had saved during the war, they had intercepted trains and convoys heading to the camps and helped the survivors escape but being that the people they helped didn't know the full scope of the horror their people were experiencing they weren't able to tell Rogers or the Commandos what was happening to their people. It wasn't until they reached the camps that they along with the rest of the world understood the sheer capacity for evil that the Nazis had and the depths to which some people would cast their fellow man into with no hint of pity or mercy. It had been that time that had hardened his heart and the following years had shown him little evidence that mankind had improved at all really, sure there were individuals that rose above the petty politics of the day but for the most part they were as greedy and stupid as they had been during the War which was why he paid close attention to what was happening in the world now. Erik had seen these signs before and he was not willing to stand on the side lines and allow the events of his past to happen again unchecked, this time metahumanity had champions unlike the Jews back during the 30s and 40s. They were not going to be victims again which was one of the reasons why he was amused that Rogers had raised this idea back up again, her program was providing much needed encouragement to the metahuman population and he wondered if she knew how far her voice reached.

Glancing around, his entrance here would have drawn attention, Wanda was right that they would have company soon but he wouldn't leave this place damaged and so he held out his hand and his power started to flow around him. The door bent and creaked back into its proper shape as nails and the other metallic pieces of the frame flew into place by his command, this was a mere touch of his power but it was enough as he continued the repairs to the Church "I would not say we are enemies merely players on the field whose aims haven't crossed paths yet. I respect Steven Rogers for the work that he did in rescuing my people from the transports and trains that were taking them to the camps as I was as a child. He has shown remarkable patience and mercy to those weaker than himself and that is always worthy of respect, we are adversaries Wanda, not enemies. Now I agree, attention has been drawn to this place so we should depart to somewhere more private to speak." It was strange hearing his daughter refer to him as Mr. Lensherr, it was a cold way to address your father but then she didn't know that at least not yet. He was still mourning for the son that he never knew, he had died saving others and while that was laudable, he had died for normals instead of his people and that was something he could not accept. Ultron would have paid a much dire price than what his daughter had exacted but it had been enough, blood called to blood after all. As the final pieces of the repair fitted into place, Erik motioned to a metallic plate that had come loose from the wall, he could transport himself because of the metallic fibers in his armor but Wanda had no such metal in hers so he preferred this method. "Please, stand upon this and I shall take us away from here." Once she was standing on the plate, he lifted the both of them into the air and soon they were flying swiftly away "Votre français est excellent d'ailleurs. Où avez-vous appris la langue?" (Your French is excellent by the way. Where did you learn the language?)

TBC
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 05:55 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Scarlet Witch
The Scarlet Witch watched in silent awe as Magneto, Master of Magnetism, used his abilities to repair most of the damage he had caused when he had made is surprise introduction to her. She was impressed by how much he could do at one time, each thing that had been bent or broken fixing itself at nearly the same time with flawless precision. She felt bad she could not do the same to the bottles of wine she had shattered with her own small display of her powers but also wondered if she may ever have the kind of control and mastery of her abilities that Erik Lehnsherr showed so effortlessly. When he was done and had created a metallic disc for her to travel on she paused but a minute to consider how much faith she should put into a man known the world over as a terrorist. He had made is feelings concerning people in general all too clear to her, a fact she didn’t overly agree with, but also had expressed his respect for Captain America and herself. He was wrong and right all at the same time. Her position as an Avenger and his as an international criminal made them enemies but at the same time she herself was a noted criminal both for her past affiliations with anti-government movements in Sokovia as well as Hydra and Ultron but also in even now as a member of the Anti-Registration movement.

She didn’t fear him despite his clearly proficient use of his extreme power but she also was not the type to walk into a trap or unnecessarily volatile situation. “Alright…” She nodded in agreement despite the clear and present danger she could be stepping into then turned from him and moved to quickly gather the portable transmission equipment she had brought to make her broadcast. Slipping it into the small black leather backpack it came in she stepped onto the metallic disk he had fashioned for her. She could fly on her own by using her telekinetic abilities to give her lift and control of movement in the air but as a sign of ‘trust’ and expediency she would permit him to control their flight away from the church.

“I read a lot.” She answered his question as to how she had learned French as plainly as possible. The fact of the matter was even before her parents had died the bombing that had forever changed hers and Pietro’s lives she had been a lover of all things written. Her love of books had been insatiable and though the school system in Sokovia wasn’t the greatest considering its status as a second world country former Soviet state she had devoured everything she could including books on learning other languages. When her parents had died forcing she and Pietro to live on the streets and then join various political agitations groups her only pass time from the constant moving around and railing against authority had been reading. Pietro on the other hand had taken to being a ladies man, often smoozing his way into and out of various liaisons with local girls as quickly as he could… funny enough this later nearly matched the speed at which he could run. “I learned on my own. I assume you learned from your travels?” She questioned as the floated up to into the sky above Staten Island and the rivers it sat upon. “You’re files indicated you have crossed the world many times over seeking your vengeance against the Nazi’s that harmed you and your people. In another life I might have done the same thing…” She called to him over the wind. “I still would in all honesty…” She said much softer with a bitter tone as she thought of Pietro and Ultron, remembering the feeling of telekinetically ripping the artificial life forms central core, his heart, out of his chest and feeling his life drain away. A dark act in and of itself but the secret pleasure she had taken deep down, a feeling she had told no one about including Captain America, still clung to her soul and repeated in her nightmares. As they ascended to a height where verbal speech would be impossible and knowing that his helmet made telepathic contact impossible she remained quiet for the rest of the journey while wondering just what personal interest he had in her, why this discussion seemed so important.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 05:45 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

Erik looked off into the distance as he lifted the two of them away from the Church and of course the Police were on their way along with several other vehicles that he didn't recognise. Perhaps they were some sort of metahuman investigation group given that Wanda was the Voice for the Resistance and just like the American Press Secretary, Wanda was quickly becoming the one that people thought of when they thought of the Resistance not as much as Captain Rogers but it was growing. He had seen this sort of tactic in the past and so she would be a fantastic prize for the Administration not that they would hurt her, it wouldn't be anything so crude. He had interrogated one of the Gestapo that he had caught up with after the war and during his punishment, Erik had asked him some questions and it was the fact that killing people who supported the Allies and the Jews wasn't the ultimate goal. He had been quite clear that on the fact that their objective was to gain conversation, repentance and then to use them to push and promote their own agenda as well as garnering Intelligence on the Resistance to turn them against themselves and round up the leadership who would be tried and then executed according to the laws of the Fatherland. He wondered if the current Administration was taking their tactics from a similar handbook because their agents were certainly following them but that was the benefit of being as old as he was, he had seen where this sort of thinking led.

Now that they were putting more distance between them and the Church, he lifted them into the cloud line so that he could navigate by the stars which at altitude was a definite bonus. With his abilities he was able to feel where magnetic North was so he could never be turned around like many people at this height, still he couldn't help but notice that Wanda was tight and guarded against him. She thought of him as the enemy that the media and Government had painted him as and it pained him to think that a child of his would be fearful of him but that was understandable. Wanda had no frame of reference for him other than what she had heard or read about him, he hadn't known that she even existed until he managed to get some of Stryker's files after the AVENGERS had destroyed his facility and even then it was months later and by then he had discovered that his son had been killed and that made him grieve even more. It also gave him the resolve to find his daughter before the fates conspired again to steal his family from him, the Nazis had stolen his family and he refused to allow something like that happen again with him striving to prevent. There was going to have to be some bridges built before he could even begin the process of revealing her true parentage would bring with it new problems including why he never came for them and why he didn't come for them when her mother had been killed, unfortunately he didn't have any answers for those questions at least not yet.

"I have traveled extensively around the globe especially in the years after the war when I was searching for Nazis that had escaped from the Reich. Justice needed to be dealt out to them and for those lucky enough they were found by the Americans or the Israelis before I did. I believe that retribution should be a hammer rather than an open hand like Charles preaches, he and I have always had differing views when it came to the world. However, I believe that what I have seen and experienced leaves me uniquely suited on how to see the world for how it is rather than how I would want it to be." It was far too bitter a tone, he was allowing the bitterness and anger that rested within him to progress too far and if he was going to garner her trust and one day her affection he had to show he was more than that or he would never succeed in his mission "I would not recommend following that path though Wanda, such things can leave marks on your soul, marks that are not easy to live with and almost impossible to forgive yourself for. Vengence is a mission that is absolute and unforgiving and it is not something I would ever recommend, not for someone like yourself." He wondered if her brother was the one that helped to bring the light to her eyes, she was angry and fearful and he was willing to bet that the loss of her brother had been what had stolen the light from her eyes. He had experienced something very close to it when he had lost his own family and then the metahumans that he and Charles had brought together all those long years ago. "So you have read my files Ms Maximoff, so tell me if you would. What have these files of yours told you about me?" Erik was curious and he wondered how much she would reveal and what he would learn as he continue to fly the two of them through the air away from the flashing lights in the distance.

TBC
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: May 10 2018, 08:02 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Scarlet Witch
“I have already walked that path…” She spoke though at a tone she was unsure if Magneto could hear her. “…my was nothing but vengeance for a very long time, since our parents died.” She looked down at the city below them, watching the vehicles approaching the church shrink away into nothing as they rose higher and higher, everything becoming obscured by nightly darkness and the twinkling star like lights of the grand city of New York. She thought of the death of her mother and father, the terrorist attacks on Sokovia with the use of US Military arms designed and created by Stark Industries. She thought of her brother and how they had huddled in their home with an unexploded missle for hours, staring at the weapon and waiting for it to go off and reunite them with their parents. She remembered their eventual rescue and the days, weeks, months after living like refugees in their own country, no family, no friends, only the Red Cross aid for a time and finally a life on the streets. How she and Pietro had hated America, had hated their own weak and corrupt government and most especially hated Tony Stark. Everything they had done from that point on, from becoming involved in various political agitation groups to finally being recruited by Hydra and submitting to experimentations that had seemingly resulted in their powers, all of it had been done out of hate and vengeance. She knew exactly what Magneto spoke of and understood all too well that cold, bitterness to his voice. Even now as she looked down to her hand, the same hand that had held the central processor of Ultron after she had telekinetically ripped it from his chest, she felt that endless desire for vengeance despite her killing of the monster that had used, betrayed her and Pietro and ultimately killed him. That moment when she had felt the artificial life forms central processor, his heart in biological terms, in her hand had replayed in her mind over and over again just as often as the memory of Pietro’s death and it was all of this combined which had pushed her to join with the Avengers.

Though they were rising higher and higher and she perfectly realized that she was somewhat in his power and at his mercy now it was not this that bothered Wanda so much as a nagging question flickering in her mind. Were they so different? The question resounded in her thoughts as she looked to the man floating not far from her, using his incredible power to move them through the sky. Pain and a desire for vengeance had marked both of their lives and had set them on their chosen paths. Though those paths were markedly different she could not honestly say with pure certainty that she and the Master of Magnetism were all that dissimilar from one another.

For the moment she ignored his question about his file and what she knew about him and instead posed a question of her own. “Where are you taking me Mr. Lehnsherr? You claim you want to talk to me, to get to know me. I find that suspicious but I have also put myself in your hands thus far.” She folded her arms around her, the cold of their altitude chilling her through the long red coat, black corset like top and leather pants. She had not intended to fly today, at least not in the literal sense, and though through her telekinesis she was working on defying gravity she had yet to reach such heights on her own yet. She wasn’t use to the cold or the somewhat thinner air this high and the thought of being in his control or having to use her own abilities to save herself were this to turn sour was a bit unnerving. “If you want to know what is in your SHIELD file why have you never confronted SHIELD yourself?” She returned to the subject he had posed so as not to push her luck in such a compromising state. “You obviously have the power and the experience to defend yourself and I am sure even to storm a SHIELD facility if you wanted.” She eyed him, keeping her eyes centered on his helmeted head as she tried to probe into his mind yet found her efforts stone cold blocked. “I know a great deal about you, at least in so far as facts gathered through several decades of surveillance and investigation. I can honestly say I don’t remember everything I read but if you want to discuss these facts then let’s do it closer to the ground.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: May 12 2018, 02:52 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

Erik could hear the anger in her voice, it was one that had mirrored his own just not anywhere near the cold rage that he could muster. She had experienced lost, regret and had to live with it which wasn't something that he would ever want someone to go through especially his daughter. Perhaps, one day he would share with her his experiences in the camps where everyone that he knew had been taken from him by the scum of humanity. That was something that would always haunt him as it had left a scar on the collective memories of an entire generation and every other generation since. That was the primary reason why he fought as hard as he did to prevent what he saw coming a metahuman holocaust and the nightmare that he saw on the horizon, the SRA was merely the first step in a plan to put them all into camps, controlled and without any sort of choice and after that would come the slaughter. He had been there during the 30's when Jews had been slowly displaced into becoming second class citizens and then from there they had becoming nothing but a memory. For someone as bright as Wanda seemed to be, he was surprised that she didn't see the historical parallels and that was one of the reasons that he was bringing her along with him, all of this was so that he could open her eyes and then he was going to reveal to her who he was and what he was to her.

"It's not a path Wanda, its an understanding of how humanity thinks. We are not the first group of people deemed dangerous or a threat to the National good. There have always been those used to distract a country from the real threats to their freedom and the sheep have always been willing to follow." There was true bitterness in his voice as he spoke as unlike Xavier he had no interest in believing in the greater strength of mankind, there was no strength left in the race of men. That quote brought a smile to his face, he had been quite the fan of the Lord of the Rings having known Tolkien and he had been very impressed with the movie series which wasn't something that he had ever thought he would admit. Wanda wanted to know where he was taking her, it was a fair question and one he was willing to answer "I am taking you to a place to open your eyes. You and the good Captain have a limited scope of your vision and that is something I am hoping to resolve, both of you think along such small terms and if any of us are going to survive the storm that is coming I need you with your eyes open." He was being cryptic that much he knew but he wanted to have her reaction to what he was going to reveal being genuine.

They were north of the city and well away from anyone really, Erik's face changed and a magnetic field formed around them that seemed to shift and flicker as it rotated around them and he knew that Wanda would be curious "Don't worry, this is simply an adaptive EM Shield that will prevent any electronic devices from detecting us, I learned how to do this a while ago to ensure that I could move about without being detected by satellites but don't worry, we're almost there." Erik wasn't used to be around others and so silence was something he had grown accustomed to but it wasn't long before lights appeared in the distance and he lifted them up higher until she could see a large facility where there was a lot of activity and some Sentinel parts being moved here and there "I wanted to show you this, one of many Hammer Industry factories dedicated to producing Sentinels, I've been keeping an eye on them and the numbers that these places are producing are impressive. The other side isn't preparing for just a war, they are preparing for an extermination and I wanted to ask you are you willing to stand aside and allow another Holocaust when you are in a position to stop it?" He raised his fist and energy started to crackle around his hand "They use chromium reinforced steel in their construction, fools that they are. I could end this with a word, but I wanted your perspective on this as I have been called many things and I am interested in trying to broaden my horizons as it were or at least I am trying."

TBC
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: May 25 2018, 07:14 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Scarlet Witch
His words were cold but factual as he described humanity and how so often in history people found ways to blame their issues, big or small, on others who were different or foreign. This was a fact that Wanda could not deny and though not as historically knowledgeable as Erik Lehnsherr or Steve Rorger’s she knew enough to see what direction this conversation was taking at least in part. “There will always be sheep and there will always be shepherds. Freedom isn’t free.” She spoke aloud acknowledging where he was coming from. “…it’s the human condition. It cant be argued but it can be worked on and maybe someday people will be evolved enough to break away from the old patterns, the old tropes of distrust and fear.” At least that was the hope of many within the Avengers on both sides of the SRA and from what she understood the primary goal of groups like the X-Men whom she was aware that Magneto had a history with. “It’s what Charles Xavier hopes…” She spoke aloud using the name of a man whom all records placed as someone of import to the international terrorist known as Magneto, someone whom had acted as both ally and enemy at multiple different times over their long history. She didn’t know Xavier, had not met the man at any point yet but she had read a few of his published essays over the years in articles pertaining to discrimination, evolutionary science and international politics concerning the rise of meta-humanity and mutants in the last few decades. He was a smart man with a big heart and an even bigger dream. She could remember reading one such article to Pietro while they were in solitary observation after their enhancement by Hydra. He had scoffed at the man for being a dreamer and an idealist with an unrealistic expectation of people. Wanda had in part agreed but had found the man’s arguments to be at least noble and inspiring. She could not however deny the reality of the human condition either and how hard it would be to make any kind of Utopian society out of a world and a species so intent on self-destruction.

“Open my eyes…” She spoke the words back coldly, slightly offended that he felt so superior as to speak in such a manner. She understood humanity well enough in her estimation that she found his words somewhat arrogant and insulting. Nevertheless she did not say any more to this considering the very awkward and compromising position she was in at the moment. She glared at him darkly, tempted to retaliate not in words but with force for not only his arrogance with her but also how he spoke of Steve Rogers, the one man besides Hawkeye who had fully accepted and put trust in her since she had come to join the Avengers. Steve had stood by her despite everything she had done against them in the beginning, he had stood by her when she had made the mistake in Lagos that had partially ignited the SRA argument, he had stood by her when she had all the world wanted to paint her as a monster and the reason why metahumanity needed to be controlled. To say that Captain America had a limited scope of vision in terms of what it meant to be human was insulting to not only the man but everything he stood for. Her fingers itched to wiggle in that oh so familiar witchy way she did when using her telekinetic powers, one of the many reasons she had been dubbed and embraced the moniker The Scarlet Witch. Nevertheless she resisted as they finally came to a stop over what appeared to be a heavy machinery manufacturing facility just north of New York.

As the electromagnetic shield burst into being around them and she listened to his explanation it became clear how he had evaded the world authorities for so long. He had lived in a time when having to run, to hide and to lie was the only way to survive if you were a person of a certain ethnicity in Europe and it was clear that this kind of life for him was second nature thus engendering in him the desire and perhaps even the urgency to find new ways of staying under the radar as it were. She could have reacted in that moment, taken that instant when he was shifting the form his powers were being used to try and gain some kind of upper hand, to yank the helmet she assumed was blocking her from his mind off his head or to assault him with the telekinetic bursts of energy she had started to refer to as hex bolts. She did none of these though as down below she could clearly see the large parts used in the construction of Sentinels being moved across the loading docks and into the facility. She had not come face to face with the Sentinels yet having not been present at the Xavier Institute battle but she had been briefed on them, shown pictures taken from what was left of the Institute’s surveillance equipment.

She knew what they were and what they were designed to do.

Wanda stayed quiet now as Magneto continued to speak. She watched the men below, civilian employees of Hammer and military working together to bring the pieces of these killer machines together and no doubt assemble them inside in preparation for what was clearly going to come. The SRA supporting Avengers had made their stand against the military and had thus clearly pronounced their acceptance of such brutal and tyrannical measures against people, in this case innocent children, teens and adult students, of the metahuman/mutant persuasion. They had stood with the Anti-Registration Avengers and defied the unjust law they had once thought was right all for the sake of innocents. Now it was clear by watching the people below that this action was going to have its consequences. “Protection is understandable. There ARE dangerous mutants and metahuman’s out there and the Avengers, The X-Men, SHIELD, all of these organizations can’t be everywhere at once.” She spoke in humanities defence though even she was aware that the difference between defence and aggression was rather paper thin. It was obvious both from the attack on Xaviers and the continued construction going on here even after the US Government had pulled back in their stance concerning the Registration Act that actions, potentially violent ones, were going to be undertaken against super-humanity as a whole. “How did you find out about this Mr. Lehnsherr?” She questioned without looking to the man, ignoring for the moment his boast that he could tear the building and their mechanized monstrosities down around their ears with but a thought. She had no doubt he could back his words up but his abilities were not what was in question here for her. SHIELD and the Secret Avengers were supposed to be keeping apprised of these kinds of actions so that they could be ready If and now obviously when a retaliation strike was coming. Clearly someone along the lines had dropped the intelligence ball or otherwise was keeping this back for reason Wanda could not fathom. “What I see are scared and confused people. People who are afraid that people like you and I will do exactly what you just threatened but to their homes, their cities, their countries. I don’t blame them for wanting to have a contingency against those with powers who may do just that…” She spoke passionately finally looking to the man. “…but nor can I condone the persecution of people who have done nothing, who will do nothing… who are different not of their own making but as a result of evolution or accident. Am I willing to fight for what is right… I am willing to die if it means saving people from the kind of mass needless persecution you faced in the Holocaust. Does that answer your question Magneto?”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: May 27 2018, 04:26 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

Erik wondered if he had come across the construction crews building the camps, if he or any of the heroes of the age had been there would they have understood what they were looking at. Wanda had no real way of understanding what they were witnessing here but he did and it was still a decision that he was trying to make, this was as much a warning as it was an opportunity and while he was loathed to admit it, there was a benefit to their operations here. This was exactly the sort of thing that could rally people to his cause, Homo Sapiens didn't want to co-exist they wanted to control and the Sentinels were going to be their method it was as clear as that. There was a historical lesson here that he wanted to educate Wanda in but it had to be done in steps, too much too soon wouldn't achieve what he wanted to with his daughter. That was still something that they had to cover but now wasn't the right time, he wanted the gravity of the situation to fall upon her young shoulders, he wanted he to see the danger that was coming down the hill and be prepared for it. Perhaps that was part of the lesson of history that he had learned through bitter experience, discovering that humanity would always listen to its fears rather than its aspirations which was the single thing that he regretted for humanity that they would never see the greatest part of themselves and would only ever embrace the darker voices of their nature.

"Charles is a great man but he has one fatal weakness. He still believes that humanity can embrace the better angels of their nature and I have yet to see evidence of that, there are individuals that can do so but as a collective humanity has never looked able to do that in my experience." She was in shock now, seeing the base and wondering what it was that they were doing, what they were planning and preparing for which given the numbers that they were producing just here indicated. "Scared and confused, that's not what I see. The last time I saw production along this scale was just before Germany took Poland and they said it was for protection as well, they wanted to make Germany stronger, better and so they turned their industry towards manufacturing weapons and arms. Seems familiar doesn't it Wanda?" His shield fluctuated as a scan phase passed over them and he was confident that they had missed him, having spent years mastering this part of his powers to ensure that he wasn't tracked or followed by anything that used electronic sensors which was a relief he had to admit. Returning his case to the base that was starting to assemble their next shipment he had to restrain himself from destroying the entire facility, he could do it with just a wave of his hand but if he did that then they would abandon this base and he liked that he knew where some of their facilities were.

"Protection, its always about protection I find. We have to protect ourselves against the Visi-goths, the Gauls, the Huns, Germans, Koreans, anyone who happens to be Muslim. It is always the call of the majority that they have to be protected against their enemies which I don't disagree with, what I refuse to allow is that protection being used as a control method. This isn't protection, this is a reaction from fear and it requires us to give up our freedom and that is also something that I will never allow." She was almost there but he wanted her to understand the pattern here, that defense was almost never allowed to remain so, that technologies developed to protect humanity almost always were turned into weapons to dominate that self same group "As for how I learned about it, you would be surprised how many transmissions cross the world via radio waves. Fighting is the right idea but as for dying, that is something that we force the other person to do if that is ever an option. I have no problem making sure that our cause is the one that ends in the win but self sacrifice is the delusion of those who see only a limited scope of options, there is always something else you can do. I learned that lesson from a friend of yours, actually two men that are working in the same cause as you are, Steve Roger and Logan." He smiled softly at that, two men who were radically different in many ways but held the determination that death wasn't an option and that life was the only cause that was worthy of consideration. You had to strive for it, fight for it and make sure that if there was a choice between you and someone else that the decision made was always the other person in combat "This isn't the only place that is building these things, we can go see some of them if you like, I don't have all of the locations. I just want you to see that there is a war coming and it is going to be unlike any that has come before."

TBC
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 12:19 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Roma
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

QUOTE (Wanda Maximoff @ May 25 2018, 07:14 AM)

Scarlet Witch
Wanda could certainly see the historical parallels that Magneto was trying to draw between the current actions of the government and those that took place during the rise of Nazi Germany. It was clear that humanities hate and fear was once again driving forces into what may very well be an inevitable clash of wills and powers, one that would undoubtedly be even more disastrous and costly than World War II. “And yet when evil rose up bearing its black cross on a field of blood red others rose up in opposition, men and women, fighting against the oppressive hate and dark will of would be conquers.” She spoke the words in defense of humanity even though she knew that there were certainly differences between now and then. The strengthening of the west, its consumerism and capitalist influences and near total control of the international marketplaces and media had made the world a much more complicated and certainly a great deal more jaded. It was these things, these failings that she and her brother had railed against in their days as young political radicals. Even now she did not totally trust and agree with western sensibilities or morals, only accepting them as the status quo in living in America at the current moment.

“Heroes will always rise and stand against Evil… in any form…”

She believed this to be a true statement and knew that no matter what side the coin of fate fell on there would always be those who sought to make the world better and protect those who could not protect themselves… like her… like the Avengers. Yet even as she said the words she also knew that what side and who they would be fighting might very well be determined by their standing with the world… the acceptance or lack thereof by the population. This very fact had led to the current schism between the Avengers and from what she heard in Xavier’s X-Men team as well. Her own actions had led to many of the sanctions placed on the teams by the United States Government and its allies which had also ultimately led to the creation and enforcement of the Super Human Registration Act. Laws… laws to keep people like her down, to suppress, use and eliminate them, she could see both sides of the argument all too well. “I understand your stance Mr. Lehnsherr. I have taken the same stance myself though on a less global scale… I see also agree that the freedoms of the few, the different, should not have to be stricken to make the majority feel at ease. In this day and age of multiculturalism it should only be natural to accept that which is not necessarily the norm. I however do not agree that we as a people, Meta-Humanity and Mutants, should unite only to cast the first blow because we ourselves fear attack. Nor should we be reactionary in our response to acts of violence and hatred like what happened to the Xavier School until ALL other options have been pursued. If African Americans had banded together under the banner of the Black Panthers and resorted to mass violence and riots then the movement for equality would never have come so far.” If Magneto was going to pull on history to make her point then Wanda herself could do the same. There were many examples of segregation and fear, of political strife being combated through non-violent means, by people gathering together with voices raised rather than fists. “By your own words… There is always something else you can do.”

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates