Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

A Walk to Remember, Tag: Megara Hunter
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 02:53 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

My job is to make tomorrow's world better. Always has been.

To stand in the view of history is to see how long the shadow is, a famous quote from Dr. Benjamin Franklin whose grasp of nuance and hyperbole were legendary to those that knew his story and if there were a better example of this it was Mt Rushmore. Steve had always loved this place, it was a solid piece of his countries history and a person had but to look up at that Mountain to see how very long those shadows were and in whose judgment each of them had to be made. That was heady stuff to realize when you were 12 years old which was when he had the opportunity to learn about the Founding Fathers from his history teacher, Mrs. Finny. She opened up an entirely new world to him filled with characters who seemed too powerful and wise to be normal and in whose steps a country was forged. It was then that he fell in love with his country because Mrs. Finny made them more real then he had ever known or understood since, she showed that they had more to them than just the legendary mantle, that they were people and had flaws as powerful as their strengths. It made them relatable and turned them from mysterious figures to people that he could understand and allowed him to fall in love with his country because it was made up of people just like him.

Getting out of the city was just what he needed, Logan had agreed to hold down the fort for the day actually he had threatened him with his claws to get out of the place and so he had packed some food and grabbed some gear for the two of them to have a good hike along with a tent if they needed to stay out the night. Landing in a clearing on a nearby hill, the Quinjet would be secure here cloaked because it was miles away from anywhere but he set a security camera on a nearby tree so he could check up on it periodically. Megara had never been out to this part of the country, in fact, she hadn't seen much of the States at all if he was correct and he was going to look forward to showing her the country that was as much a part of him as his arm or leg was. Some said that he was America's first son which wasn't far from the truth but it was certainly not a title that he was comfortable with. Walking out with his pack on his back, he stood on top of the hill as the Sun rose into the skies and looking up he saw an Eagle above hunting for his breakfast and his cry echoed in the forest as he passed overhead. In the distance was Mount Rushmore but even from this distance you could make out the faces of those Presidents and he was looking forward to getting over there but the journey was going to be even better.

Looking over at Megara, he had gotten her some clothing to hike in, he tried to find something suitable and as much as he tried he knew that he would be staring at her in that outfit and he was fine with that as long as he wasn't a pig about it. His behaviour had changed as of late and he wasn't sure if that was for the better, she was a warrior and a person but she was also the perfect example of womanhood and there was a part of him that wanted to mate with her like crazy but that wasn't going to be how he reacted or the part that he listened to. Perhaps out here in nature they will be able to get to know each other better and develop the relationship that he was hoping to find here and that he knew she was eager to embrace, they had plenty of food and water and even better they had the American countryside to keep them company and to give them scope. Making sure his pack was secure on his back, he put his sunglasses on and then spoke to Megara "So, I hope you are looking as forward to this as I am. Its been months since I took a day off to do something like this and I am really glad that I am doing this with you Megara. You've just seen a single location here in the States and if you are going to fight for Man's world you should get to know it like I do. I look forward to showing you my world Megara, I can't think of anyone I would rather share it with."

tag: Megara
words: 725 WORDS

note:
PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 8 2018, 03:05 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I will fight for those who cannot fight for themselves
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara was only too happy to get out of the compound, mostly because she was tired of seeing the same four walls but the idea of spending the day with Steve away from everyone that always demanded his attention was also very inviting. After their first date Steve had mention going on a hike but that was all that was said about it for a few days. Though the two of them saw each other; and was even able to share a meal in the cafeteria a few times, they had not spent much one on one time since the date. It wasn’t for the lack of trying, both of them had tried to spend time together but Steve was a man in demand. Now however Megara was giving the rare chance to spend the full day with him, alone and she was going to enjoy every moment of it.

The night before Steve had told her what they where doing, and had even brought her some clothing to wear. His taste was perfect as it wasn’t really a flashy outfit and everything was made to not only fit her perfectly but comfortably as well. She was able to move freely and she could tell by the looks Steve was casting her way that he liked the as well. Steve had gone over the plan for today, they were going to Mount Rushmore, a place dear to Steve, and spend the day hiking. Though with all the supplies that Steve had in his pack, and the few that she had in her own Megara had to wonder if they were truly spending one day out here for a week. When she had asked about everything they were taking Steve had told her it was better to come ready for anything. It was clear with a tent and enough food for a few meals that nothing was going to catch them of guard,

Walking up beside Steve she stood there was watched as the great eagle flew across the sky and smiled. She could see the great head of the presidents in stone in the distance and smiled even more knowing the long hike before them. Too many they would be disheartened at the long walk ahead of them but Megara welcome it, knowing it was more time to spend with Steve and just getting the chance to enjoy being outside. Megara was not as use to staying indoors as much as she had been lately. On Themyscira she had spent most of her days out in the sun of her island home, not locked away in some building.

Slipping her hand into Steve she answered. “I am looking forward to seeing more of this country you love so much, not to mention spending some much needed time with you. You sir are a very popular man.” Moving a bit closer she leaned up and kissed him on the lips. Not a very long nor a very passionate kiss but one that was much more than a peck and one that held a promise of others as well. “I’ve wanted to kiss you again for days.”

### WORDS , TAGGED , NOTES ©
PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 07:04 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

It was good to be standing in the fresh air again, even with all the work they had done to clean the environment, city air was still polluted, he remembered something that Patton used to say, don't breathe too deep Rogers, I don't trust air I can't see. That always made him chuckle because it was so true and a reflection of Patton and the man that he was, there was a very human side to the famous General that many didn't see because he was too busy trying to win a war. His downfall was that he didn't play the game and he expected soldiers to be as brave as he was, that was impossible of course but he held those standards to be true and when you dropped below them you definitely heard about it. Returning his focus to the moment, it was a good day to be alive and as Megara expressed her pleasure and walked over to kiss him, he stood there with the woman he was coming to care for a great deal and embraced her softly placing his arms around her waist and simply drank in her essence and the peace of this moment. Steve knew that there were difficult times to come but the fact that Megara was going to be standing next to him through out it all made things a lot easier in his mind. Staying there with his arms around her, Steve decided to enjoy the moment a little longer as a tapped a button on his watch that cloaked the Quinjet, it would be safe here and if they needed it he could summon it to their location via his watch so there was that at least. She smelled good and the last few days had been very long in his mind as he had replayed their date over and over in his head and now that he had her back where she belonged, he held her there and kinda didn't want to let her go but they had things to do so he stepped back but not before kissing her again.

"Alright then, well we can keep doing this or we could get going which I think we should before we get derailed here." Steve shouldered his pack and started down the hill, the area around Mt Rushmore was some of the best forestlands in the country and the smell of it filled his nose as they started to get into the treeline, Pines mostly but there was a mix of Spruce and Furs here as well. Megara had said that she was looking forward to finding out more about his country soon to be her country if he was lucky so he might as well start with a little bit of what this country was about and how she came to be "Well, I'm not sure how much you know about the history of this country if anything but one thing that is perhaps most important to us are the documents that founded our country and the people that wrote those documents. We were founded as a British colony and in but in the month of July 1776, a group of men gathered in Philadelphia and signed a Declaration of Independence which forged our Union. I always remember the first paragraph of that document When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. Did you know that while other countries held these beliefs to be true that never before in human history had those ideas been written down as a foundation of a country? I still find that amazing Megara even after all these years."

note:

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 03:33 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara smiled as Steve wrapped his arms around her and they just stood there for a moment enjoying the scene before them, as well as being in each other’s arms. It had been a few days since they held each other but standing there now it felt as if no time had really past. Just one date and already something like this felt right and natural. Already all the stress and chaos that was this week was melting away from Megara’s muscles and she was finding that she could just be perfectly happy standing like this with Steve for the rest of the day. As it was Steve was the first one to finally step away, though not without giving her a sweet kiss first which caused her to smile as she let him go.

“Don’t give me a choice otherwise I might choose to just stand here the rest of the day watching the clouds go by as long as you held me.” Megara however picked up her own pack and placed it on her shoulders, they had the whole day ahead of them and she was excited to see what lied in store. A part of her had to wonder what Steve all had planned, but a bigger part of her was just happy to be with him and would welcome any adventure that the day had to offer. Her only real hope was that they would not be interrupted by something going wrong or someone even recognizing Steve. She didn’t have to really worry about herself but Steve was so well known she would not be surprised if he was spotted at one point and surrounded. Megara knew she would just smile and deal with it if it did happen however, that was just part of dating a hero.

The two of them were soon in the treeline and Megara couldn’t help but breath in deeply all the wonderful smells the trees gave off. Since arrive at man’s world Megara had to admit she felt somewhat at home for the first time as they were soon surrounded by trees. As they walked she even reached out and let her hand just brush the leaves, causing her to smile as she realized just how much she missed being out in the woods. The two of them walked quietly for a little while before Steve decided to give her a history lesson about the country he loved so much. Megara had heard this story before, during World War II some of the men had talked about the great history of America. However she didn’t stop Steve, she might know the story but hearing it from him was a treat and she could hear the love he had for not just the history but the country he served. Not many people had that kind of love, even when the country he vow to serve turned it’s back on him he still stood up for them and love it.

“It was very forward thinking, but that wasn’t the end of their thinking. The very idea of electing people to lead them, to write out a document that you call the Constitution that was to govern this country was also forward thinking. I really wish I could have come to help fight during that time. I would have liked to met your George Washington.” This wasn’t the first time that Megara had wish such a thing, but there was nothing she could have done about it. She had been alive but she had been tucked away on her island home; safe and unaware of what was going on. “This country fought for their freedoms and fight to keep them even today.” She was of course talking about what they were facing right now, a group of people rights were being threatened and when this was all over there would one day be another group. It seemed like the moment you gave someone freedoms there were always someone trying to take it away. “I think the founding fathers would be happy to know they have someone like you Steve still fighting the good fight.”

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 9 2018, 10:31 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

There weren't that many people that he could talk about the history of his country, most people weren't that interested in it any more heck they didn't even really teach it in schools anymore which was a crime in his mind. There was a lot to be learned from history which was one of the reasons he had started to read Lincolns civil war diaries again, Lincoln had experienced something very similar to what he was going through and so he went to that famous President to see what insights he might be able to offer. It was a poor man that would lend a deaf ear to advice was one of the quotes that he had always loved of Lincoln's, he had the vision to be sure but he wasn't afraid to admit that he didn't have all the answers either. Sometimes he would head off to Washington to stand at the Lincoln Memorial trying to find a way of walking back from the edge of war without compromising his principles or the oath that he had sworn all those long years ago to protect his country from all enemies foreign and domestic. What most people didn't understand was that it wasn't just to protect the country from physical threats, it also meant that you had to stand your ground when the principles and ideals that the United States were founded on were threatened as well. Everything about the Registration Act smacked of the McCarthy Era and the Unamerican Hearings and he would fight with his last breath to prevent that dark age from coming again.

Steve shook his head to dismiss those dark clouds from his thoughts, they had come here to get away from all of that even if it was just for a moment and he was determined to do so, tomorrow would always be there as the saying went. As he went on about the founding of his country, he realized that he hadn't asked her about her people and the stories of their founding. Sure he knew the legends about how her mother had faced Ares in combat and that in return for sparing his life, the Gods gave them Paradice Island but that was just one version of the story, of the myths that had arisen over the years about her people. They came into a clearing where there was a small brook and the sounds of the water rushing were the only thing disturbing the sounds of the forest here "You know, I've never really asked you anything about where you come from. I know the legends, the myths that have been passed down from the Greeks but you were there or at least learned from people that were there. I don't suppose I could get you to tell me the story of your people? I would be really interested to hear of the time when Gods strode the Earth and the world was a very different place." History was one of Steve's passions along with his art not that he had managed to indulge either one of those as of late, the demands on his time were many and there were only so many hours in the day. Logan did what he could to ease the burden but he was the one with the Mantle of Leadership placed upon him and so he owed it to those that followed him to be worthy of the trust that they had placed in him and in what he represented.

note:

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 02:14 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara saw the dark look in Steve’s face, he mind had wandered off and she was almost sure she didn’t have to really guess what he was thinking about. It was what they all had been thinking about for the last few days, the very subject that always crept into their minds at quiet moments. It was all around them every moment of the day so it almost demanded to be thought of as well; even when they tried to escape it. The Civil War that's raging on, if she had been willing to bet her sword on anything it was on the fact that at this moment Steve was thinking about it. Megara didn’t become angry nor did she become scared; instead she just reached out and put her hand in Steve’s and squeezed it slightly to let him know that she was there. She would give him time to think, but she would not let him face it alone; even in his thoughts. Megara had swore to stand beside him in this battle, so she would stand beside him even with the battle that raged inside his head over the matter.

After a while Steve shook his head as if to clear it, and together they went on not only with their hike but the small history lesson that Steve was giving her. It wasn’t fully one sided as he would talk she would make comments, ask questions, or even added what little she knew or had heard. They had walked a long way, which seemed like only a brief moment as they had spent it talking and enjoy each other’s company. Their path had lead to a small broke and Megara could hear the merry sounds of water as they walked on. This was where the conversation had changed, Steve mention he knew of the legends and myths of her people but not the true story about the Amazon. This caused Megara not only to smile but to feel pride that he wanted to know about her home just as much as he wanted to share with her his home.

Much of this took place long before I was born but what I know is this. Hera and many other of the goddess took it upon themselves to make a island home for woman that had died too soon in their lives. Many of these women whose spirits were saved by these goddess had been killed long before their lives were to be fully over; and most of these death had resulted by men. Together they made and island and brought forth these spirits given them form from the ocean. My mother was the first to step onto the land and so was made the queen. Vowing to serve the gods who had given them life once again my sisters begin to train in the ways of battle. Many times they were brought forth to serve on the battlefield, to turn the tides of war in whatever way the gods wished it to be turned. Their numbers were added to by the birth of daughters, leaving the sons to be raised by a trip of males.” Megara paused for a moment as she thought about what happen next. “Then came the war with Ares, he began to cause trouble on Earth and so the Amazon were sent to take him down. They did at a great lost and Ares was returned to the gods to be dealt with while my Mother and Sisters went back home to Themyscira. From this Zeus and the other knew that their time was coming to an end, that the world was changing and so they decided to hide the Amazon so there would always be a people to serve them. So the island was hidden away and long life was granted to us, but Zeus knew that one day Ares would return and that there needed to be a way to bring the god of war back under control again. So he and my mother began a love affair that resulted in my birth.” Megara smiled as she looked at Steve wonder what he thought of all this. “The rest is not much to tell, I grew up on the island and came to Man’s World when it was believe Ares was behind the great wars.”

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 05:47 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

It was educational to say the least listening to Megara basically reshape some of the classical history that he had learned as a boy, Greek history had always been an interest because it captured the imagination and gave him heroes as he had never considered them before. Listening to her talk about places like Themyscira and Gods like Zeus, Ares and her Mother all made him realize that his place in the universe had shifted just like it had when he had met Thor. Asgard was one of those places that he wanted to visit when he had the opportunity but with what was going on lately it just wasn't an option but it was on his bucket list at least that was how the saying went. The more he heard about her family and where she grew up the more he found that he wanted to head to Themyscira to visit, it sounded like a magical place but it was also grounded in a history that nearly everyone had forgotten now that it had been converted to myth. The Amazons were perhaps the most fierce warrior race that the world had ever seen, a small part of him wanted to see how they would have done against races like the Spartans or Persians, the Romans with their military organization would have been a fair test against Megara and her brethren. Their tactics and knowledge of warfare would have been a good counterpoint against the natural abilities of the Amazonian warriors and as he listened his imagination took flight.

"Sounds like Ares is the same vicious God that we learned about in school, it's hard to picture things like this where people of legend not only are real but were or are real. It does give you perspective at least I think it does, I always found myself drifting to people like Achilles and Odysseus when I was reading, the Greek legends always captured my imagination as a child." Steve saw that there was a young deer and its mother taking water from the other end of the creek and they stopped when they saw them. He could feel the fear radiating off of them as they spotted the humans and then bolted for safety, Steve did like to hunt like most of the Commandos but he didn't like to kill unless he had to. Hunting was for a reason in his eyes, trophies were for bastards who didn't have the guts to put themselves up against people who could shoot back so he was glad that the mother and her little one were able to leave. "So tell me more about Ares, after Thor arrived on Earth we started to pay more attention to the legends of our past, he learned with Loki that we can't underestimate anything, besides I am enjoying listening to you talk, your voice really is magical." They were making good time which wasn't a surprise given that they were both in fantastic shape but they still had hours to go before they got to Mt Rushmore, given they had arrived first thing in the morning they should hopefully be there by midafternoon by his estimates.

note:

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 10 2018, 09:31 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara liked sharing information about her home with Steve, a part of her wished that she could in fact take him to see her home. She could, they could get on the Quinjet right now and she could direct him right to her island home, but he would not be created warmley. In truth he would never be greeted warmly but with more time Megara would be able to prepare Steve as well as the chance to prepare her sisters. If Megara just showed up with Steve he would be imprisoned right away, no matter how much pleading Megara did. But if things progressed between the two of them than she would return home and announced her intention of bringing him to face her mother and to gain approval of her sisters. When she had been with Tom she had been worried about introducing him to her sisters, but with Steve that fear isn't really there. Steve was a warrior and she just knew he would gain the respect of her mother and sisters, but Megara knew that only time would tell. She had to let this grow between them and than if there was something there; like she hoped; she would prepare him to face her family.

“You learned about the legends just as I did as a child” It was funny to think that both of them grew up hearing the same stories, though hers had come from the mouths of people who had lived during the lives of those so called legends. Granted she was sure the stories were not fully the same, her sister didn’t care much for the men of legends. Together Steve and Megara stopped to watched the mother deer and her fawn. Megara could feel the fear the young mother had upon seeing the two of them, Megara wished she was like the huntress who’s name she had been given on the battlefield and reached out to the young deer to let her know that she had nothing to fear from Megara and Steve. But this was a gift that Megara had not been granted, on Themyscira the animals didn’t show as much fear for they were only hunted in need not sport. After looking at the humans for a while the mother deer and her fawn sprinted off to safety and Megara had to admit she was sad to see them go.

“Ares is still under control of my father, he had not been welcome back to Earth for many years now but he had declared he doesn’t need to.” Megara was no longer smiling now as she let out a long low breath. “I came to find him during World War I, thinking if I took him down that would end the war but it didn’t. Than another war came and now this war, bringing true his words. He’s power to create war was no longer needed, man’s hearts had enough thirst to fight each other now that he didn’t need to do a thing and sadly it is true.” This thought had Megara to wonder many times if she was even doing the right thing trying to save men from themselves; but then she would look around or she would be reminded of the good that was still in the world and know she was doing the right thing. It was people like Steve that reminded her of the good that was still out there, and with that good they could beat back the bad.

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 06:17 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Listening to Megara something that he had discussed with Tony came to him, when Thor came back and they had their issue with Loki the two of them had thought about developing a response force for dealing with people from Asgard. Their initial thoughts were about using SHIELD to develop a facility that could be used to train metahumans to fight people like Thor, not that they thought that Thor would turn on them but Loki had shown them that there were threats from Asgard that they needed to consider. Now, the AVENGERS was that force but they had their own issues and frankly he wasn't sure that they could rely on the AVENGERS given that they weren't a dedicated team in his opinion. They would need a well drilled team like the Howling Commandos to take on people like the Asgardians and now that he knew that there were Greek Gods as well that was something that needed to be considered. Given that Loki had led an invasion force to Earth and Megara was telling him that Ares had led a war against the Gods it was only a matter of time before they had to face someone of significant power and when that day came it was going to take more than what the AVENGERS had. One of the reasons he had never mentioned it was because he didn't want the others to thinking badly of himself, but their team work wasn't up to scratch, sure they could take on some significant challenges but he had worked up the idea of taking on Thor if he ever turned rogue and in all of his simulations it had ended badly for them.

Perhaps, later on down the road he could convince Megara to join that team and there was a good chance he wouldn't be on it as it would need to be strike team of Superpowered individuals able to survive in that sort of combat. Bruce came to mind and if they could direct the Hulk then he would be a valuable ally as had been shown during his time with the AVENGERS even Tony might be capable as he had shown he could stand against Thor for a while there back before the AVENGERS had assembled. When she mentioned about War being in the heart of man, it made him consider something given that he had spent most of his adult life being a soldier and fighting in wars and he wondered if there was a counterpoint to her observation "War does live as a part of us I agree Megara but sometimes that isn't a bad thing. One of the fundamental truths about War is that people die, sometimes it is fighting against impossible odds and sometimes it comes and you never knew it until it was too late. But I am not sure about it being entirely evil, sometimes you fight wars to set other people free or the motivation for war I should say drives you to different goals. When the Nazis wanted to create a paradise on Earth for those they deemed fit, the Nations of the World rose up to fight them and we do so for five years until we managed to defeat them. I can understand how this could be an awesome power and I am sure that Ares only promoted the worst aspects of War but as a soldier I have seen too many things, too many people in this world disappear because there was no one to fight for them. If Ares was to find his way back to the world, I can promise he'd find far more people willing to stand against everything he represents more than any other time in history, I'm sorry Megara I didn't mean to preach. There is a clearing about an hours walk from here and from what I have seen it would be a brilliant place to have lunch." He mentioned this as he took a drink from his canteen and picked up the pace so that they could get to the clearing he spoke of in time for an early lunch.

note:

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 06:46 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara listen as Steve told her his view and she couldn’t help but feel like she had wounded him in some way with what she had said. He was right but she had been right as well, some men didn’t go to war because they wanted to fight but because they wanted to help. However there were others that caused war just for their own selfish reasons. As Steve ended his speech telling her that they were about an hour away from where they would stop to have lunch Megara reached out and stop him from leaving not wanting to leave this between them, this slight unwelcome tension. “Steve I didn’t mean all men had war in their hearts, some had war but men like you have something else.” Reaching up she placed her palm over his chest and looked him into his eyes. “Men like you have love and justice, you fight for those that can not fight for themselves. You don’t fight others to gain what they had but to preserve the rights of others; much like your founding fathers. Someone like Hitler might have started out wanting to save his country but he allowed the lust of war to take over his heart and that is what Area is about. To make men kill others for power, wealth or any other thing.”

Megara paused as she looked up at Steve her hand still on his chest and hoping that she could make him understand what she was saying. “I pray Ares never finds his way here again, though it’s great comfort to me to know that if he was that he would have to face people like you who would be willing to stand up against him. That he would not win in the end even if I’m not around to take him down, there will be others that would.” It was this reason among other things that drew her mostly to Steve. He was willing to fight for those not able to, to bring those who had wrong others to justice and to see that people were protected in their rights. It was his desire to protect others rights that had landed him on the wrong side of his government, but she knew Steve had no regrets. If Steve had been selfish, or even the type of person that threw his power around she would never had become friends with him let alone consider the possibility of something more. But she was realizing as she told him of the goodness she knew he had how much she was in fact draw to him because of that; and as she looked up at him with her hand on his chest she wanted to kiss him again. However she held back trying to see if she had said enough to smooth over the tension.

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 10:50 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Steve turned to look at her as Megara spoke and drew him close, she thought that he was upset at her rather than offering a different point of view which wasn't his intention. He loved that she had her own mind and was willing to put up an opposing point of view, he had fallen in love with someone else that was definitely a believer in having your own opinion. Perhaps it was the fact that she had such strong personality traits that he was so drawn to her but there were other things about her as well, her strength, compassion and absolute determination to save lives were all things that attracted him to Megara. This was all so very new to him and unexpected given the circumstances that he found himself in, the Civil War and everything else that has been going on had left him isolated and alone which was a danger of leadership, something that he knew all too well. But then this woman had arrived from a mythical island with a mission to save Mankind from itself, something that most people would believe to be impossible but with Megara impossible was something that you had to be careful in using, she had the will, drive and ability to turn the tide in almost any circumstance and if she found something that she couldn't overcome on her own then she had friends who would back her all the way. Logan had been clear that he approved of what was happening between the two of them, that he would have someone to share the load, in fact he had told him a story that an old friend had told him. Logan's friend was a preacher and he said one day he asked Logan who there was in his life to share his burden, of course he had answered no one that he didn't want to put that on anyone.

The Preacher then told him about how he first met his wife and how they had been living in different apartments and that a lot of times she would come over and help him clean up his place but never hers and one day he asked her why she was always around his place cleaning up and she just smiled "When I am cleaning my place, I am cleaning my place but when I am helping you to clean your place, I am helping you." Steve smiled at the story, Logan knew how isolated he was becoming, withdrawing because of the burdens that he was carrying and he saw Megara as the perfect foil for that. She wouldn't take any of his guff as Logan called it and if she felt that he needed a moment she would stand there and tell him regardless of the situation because she would care about him as much as he cared about the movement that he was leading, it was hard to admit but he had been getting lonely ever since he left the AVENGERS. It was the isolation of command as Paton called it and he found that he was disappearing down the rabbit hole of that until Megara had come and offered him a way out. She was standing right in front of him and he took her into his arms and as he did so he kissed the tip of her nose "I knew what you meant but I still wanted to raise the point and as for Ares. If he ever threatens the world again then he will find that we are ready for him, thats our strength that we can come together whenever we need to, that is the entire point of the AVENGERS and more importantly I will have you on my side and with you there is nothing we can't accomplish together." Drawing her in, he gave in to his need and started to kiss her softly, her scent filling his senses as they stood there in the forest sharing their passion together.

note:

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 09:22 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara smiled when he kissed the tip of her nose, she didn’t know why but she thought it was somewhat sweet of him. “I think that’s the only reason I can sleep at night with the idea of Ares or anyone like him coming here. That i”m not alone, that I know someone will always be willing to stand up to him. I feel no fear facing whatever we have to face now because I know you will be next to me. Together we will help those who are not able to fight for themselves” Megara couldn’t help but wonder if this was the reason her father had sent her back to Man’s World again, not only to help mankind but because he felt it was time for his daughter to move on from her heart break. It was an interesting thought considering Amazons were not known to take on life long mates, and maybe that wasn’t Zeus’s full plan but she didn’t care. There was something about Steve that drew Megara closer and she couldn’t help but wonder what it would be like to for them to be together more than what they were now.

Megara was happy when Steve pulled her in closer and their lips soon met. The kiss started off slow and sweet but soon began to build as both of them allowed their desires to slip in. Megara’s arms soon wounded their way around Steves neck as she tried to get even closer to him. Her mind was feeling with thoughts of letting her hands wonder a little, and even going so far as to imagine what it would be like to feel his chest under her hands. All this only caused him to kiss him all the more until both of them were out of breath. Finally breaking away in order to breath Megara couldn’t help but smile as she touched his face as she fought the desire to kiss him once again. “I think we just got side tracked, but I won’t deny it was a welcome distraction.”

A very welcome distraction, a part of Megara didn’t even care now if they made it to the open field where Steve was planning for them to have lunch let alone Mount Rushmore. No she would just be happy to stay here all day kissing Steve. That wasn’t possible though, nor was it a good idea. If they stay there holding and kissing each other like they just did it was bound to lead to something else, something that Megara knew she wanted but also knew it was just maybe to soon. Just as Steve respected her she respected him too much to rush into anything, so instead of giving in and kissing him again she simply said. “Maybe we should get going, I’m can’t wait to see what you packed for lunch.” Lame excuses but it was the best she could come up with right now.

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 07:07 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Once again he found himself enveloped in her arms and enjoy the sweet taste of her mouth and the feeling of her body against his, he felt like one of those teenagers back at school who had found his first girlfriend and so were exploring the differences between boys and girls. Back then he hadn't really thought about it because with his constant illness he was usually at home being tutored by his mother, she had been forced to take over most of his formal education when he was a child and as he grew older he was eventually able to head to school like most other kids but it was still a rough road. There would be those that said that his growing relationship with Megara was karma paying him back in spades but Steve didn't believe in karma or fate, people made their own destinies and were thus responsible for their own successes or failures in life. Too many people seemed to want good things to just happen to them but life didn't work that way and so now after everything he had been through now he had found another woman just like Peggy who would stand next to him regardless of the circumstance with weapons drawn though Peggy would have used a gun rather than the sword that Megara seemed to favour. It was a heady feeling having her there, alone with no one around for miles, it would be all too easy for him to give in to the feelings that they were both experiencing right now and to turn this moment into something magical. Both of them were in need and he could feel her grind herself against him slightly, not forcefully but enough to tell him that there were certain thoughts in her mind and if he was willing to take her there then she would be onboard with that.

It was that thought that drew him up short, the forest was certainly a beautiful place but it wasn't where he wanted either of their first times. This was supposed to be something special at least in his mind and while there was a strong part of him that wanted to tear off their clothes and make this moment with her now, it wasn't what he wanted, he wanted this to be special for the both of them. Feeling her start to pull away, Steve did the same and for a moment that temptation to take her back into his arms and to make her his surged within him but he wasn't an animal and he had higher expectations of himself. Taking a breath, he nodded at Megara "We certainly did, but it wasn't a bad thing in fact what we're doing here is the best thing that has happened to me in a long, long time. As for Ares, if that day comes I think you will find you have more allies then you think, it has been a long time since Ares or any of the Gods have been here even Thor has remarked how much we have changed over the years and he was only here recently in comparison. If I read my legends correctly typically he has an Army with him as well when he comes, well I can promise you this if he comes with an Army he will find the US military more than ready to step up to the fight, our soldiers are all volunteers and in my experience there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer. Let's keep going, maybe work off some of this excess energy, lunch will be worth it trust me." With that Steve picked up the pace and started a brisk run, if he didn't then they would never get there without tearing each others clothes off which was a nice thought but perhaps running this energy off would do the both of them some good

note:

PMAIM
^
Megara Hunter
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 11:25 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Aliens
Neutral

Courage and Valor
Megara had not meant to grind up against Steve as they had kissed but her body seemed to take over for a bit as her mind had thought over the idea of the two of them making love where they stood. Like Steve however she realized that this was not the place nor the time and so she had made the move to step back. It wasn’t easy and with the look in Steve’s eyes; like he was about to grab her and pull her close again; Megara new that if he drew her in again for another kiss that would be it. It would not take much for either of them to fall off the edge and she knew it; but it was their respect for each other that held them back. It wouldn’t be much longer though if they were not careful and Megara knew it.

I don’t think I can remember the last time I’ve welcome such a distraction.” Megara said with a smile, slightly embarrassed with the way she had just acted but she wasn’t going to say sorry. Both of them already knew what each other wanted, it wasn’t hard to see in Steve’s eyes and she knew her own was giving away her thoughts. “Next time I see him I shall tell Ares that it would be best for him to just stay home.”

Energy that was a nice way to put what the two of them were feeling, but Megara didn’t argue instead she started to run right next to Steve; keeping right up with him. Neither of them talked while they went, saving their breath though neither of them would become winded or tied with this little jog. Both of them were in super human condition, a little run like this was more like a walk in the park. It did the job however, Megara was able to focus her desires into keep a good pace. The two of them made good time and was soon at the small clearing where they would have lunch.

There was a small lake just to the side of a one room cabin; which had a fire pit and a picnic table just sitting on the outside. It was clearly well maintain and Megara couldn’t help but smile at the picturesque scene before her. She could see why Steve would want to eat here. “This really is beautiful Steve.”

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 08:35 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Steve had been here before when he had come hiking once though he hadn't gone on to Mount Rushmore because he had been summoned back to New York on AVENGERS business. This place was nice and peaceful along with the lake here fed by pure mountain water made it an ideal place to rest and have something to eat, he had planned sandwiches but Logan had recommended something a little better than that and so they had worked on that together. He was pretty sure that Logan was trying to get the two of them to put on some pounds with the recommendations lately when it came to food but at least they were able to work it off with what they had been doing lately. This was one of the reasons that he had plotted this out as a place for the two of them to have something to eat and it raised possibilities of other things if they needed a place to stay given that you could never predict the weather out here, safety was always something to consider even with their abilities. Looking around, he saw that the place hadn't been used in a while, the park service maintained places like this all around the Nation's parks which was great because people needed to have places like this to come and enjoy the beautiful aspects of their country away from the cities and for them it was perhaps one of the few chances that they would have to be outside without worrying about being monitored.

"That it is Megara, been here before actually when I had a chance to get away a year or so ago but I got recalled back to New York by the Ultron event but I always wanted to come back here and now I have someone to enjoy it with." Pulling off his pack, he grabbed a couple of the containers that he had stowed away inside with the food, all of it things that they could eat cold but would still be delicious. Steve had always been a fan of pizza and now they had these amazing pizza bread sandwiches that were quickly becoming his favourite lunch item, along with that they had some Stuffed Mushrooms with creamy crab though those had hardened up a little bit since he had made them with Logan. Somewhere along the line that man had picked up some serious cooking skills and it was something that he was trying to pick up himself now that he was of a mind for it. They did have some dessert but he was saving that for a surprise as he opened the containers and grabbed a bottle from out of the side of his pack "I made us something nice to eat for lunch, I hope you enjoy it though Logan did do most of the work. Somewhere he learned how to cook some pretty nice stuff and he has agreed to teach me a little when we have time." Watching her move about was perhaps the most erotic thing he had seen in a while, not that he would use the word erotic in his vocabulary but the tension between the two of them was real and just being near her was intoxicating. Pouring them both glasses of freshly squeezed orange juice, he smiled at her as he started to put together a place using the disposable plates he had bought along.

note:

PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates