$(document).ready(function () { $(window).scroll(function () { if ($(this).scrollTop() > 100) { $('.scrollup').fadeIn(); } else { $('.scrollup').fadeOut(); } }); $('.scrollup').click(function () { $("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600); return false; }); });
Toggle Cbox

Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Ada
Everest
Spotlights
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Add Reply
New Poll

adult detention, tag; alex summers
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 12:03 AM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Then this is how the world ends. In rage and blood and fire.
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

Lorna wasn't exactly the most behaved student. If anything, she found solace in her deviance. There was always this strong call of rebellion, this itch to break the rules and prove that she didn't answer to anybody. Why would she? She didn't choose this life, to be a mutant, to parade around in hair that she always had to dye black in order not to stand out. She didn't choose to be separated from her mother because she was a mutant. She didn't choose any of this- so why did she choose to follow the rules?

Business class happened and she wasn't exactly the biggest fan of Emma Frost. She was not even a teacher here, just a visiting one who was checking things out. Even if she was, why would Lorna care anyway? She was a telepath. Most days Lorna simply wanted her to inside her head. Remove her memories and start anew. Why didn't she? It was strike three and she was sent to community service. She had to help cleaning the school grounds. What a waste of time. She thought.

Classes ended and it was 4pm. She was right behind the basketball court, dressed in her jeans, white t-shirt and a leather jacket. She had a broom, a picking stick, and a black garbage bag. She rolled her eyes. This couldn't be true. Two whole weeks of picking up dry leaves, and whatever mess there was left. There was always a mess in the mansion- or outside. Kids using their powers in the worst way. There was also a rubble of cement, metal and some broken glass. This was from way back when a student destroyed the garden warehouse. Lorna rolled her eyes again. This was crazy.

PM
^
Alex Summers
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 01:10 AM
11 posts
is Offline
years old
''
Application
X-Men
Pro Registration

His trash bag jangled as he dragged it across the ground. Little pieces of debris smashing against one another and atomizing further still. Grating, shrill, and pointless--appropriate enough to his mood, then. After what had happened earlier this week, Alex had a whole day of it ahead of him. A mind-numbing opportunity to contemplate how this had simultaneously lived down to his expectations about the experience overall while being more banal than he ever would have anticipated.

The first few seconds had felt good. Being angry, and realizing nothing would happen. To feel his pulse hammering. Like everything was so vivid, and he so alive. The only thing surging in him was the torrent of his own emotions. For a moment, it felt heady. Then it was overwhelming. There was the rage itself. The disgust he couldn't back away form, even when he knew it was going too far. Everything had been about preventing these feelings from coming in the first place, not--if his arms felt like swinging, how did he stop? How did one say no to something this strong?

The thought of it had hardly even come to him until he was already atop the other boy, still cracking his knuckle against an already crooked nose. Still, though, at least that was all that could happen. Or so he told himself. Sure enough, though, he started to feel the warmth building under his skin again. Just when he dared note its absence. Even that had failed. No one tried to stop him as he broke out in a sprint in the other direction.

So that was it, then. The moment that had brought him here. To this place that had proved entirely pointless. His first fight in years. A trivial insult weighted suddenly with years worth of resentments. Psychic manipulations that don't seemed to have worked any better than some idiot doing hypnotism. Maybe that's all it ever was. How did one block the link between one's emotions and one's powers, anyway? If this was all the school had to offer, he never should have come. Across the country to pick up garbage. He wondered if everyone else's story was as miserable. That girl across the way, for instance.
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 03:05 AM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

She picked up a few of the trash and stuffed it rushingly inside her garbage bag. She still couldn't believe this was happening- right here, right now. A part of her knew she could always run away- and then go where? She'd be imprisoned and experimented on in no time. The world was not a kind place, especially not to anybody like her.

Her eyes focused on the rubble. Seeing that little garden house break down by a student's powers was more real than she wanted it to be. It reminded her of when she was a child that she thought she could simply move things with her mind- until it became more and more specific that it was things that had some sort of metal in them. At least they were here, she could only imagine the fate of the student who did that had it been in a place more public. But Lorna was curious- could her powers be as destructive? Or could she fix the place up just by using her abilities?

As she turned, a sight of a familiar student was staring at her. She knew who this man was. Alex, they called him. She never mistook him for one to make trouble; but she was just as curious as to what brought him here. "Yes?" she asked, as his stare was much too deep and made her feel a little awkward. "You didn't look like trouble to me..." she smiled. At least she had company. "Can you believe they make adults do this?" she hissed. Lorna, despite her secrecy, didn't find it difficult to spark conversations.

PM
^
Alex Summers
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 09:55 PM
11 posts
is Offline
years old
''
Application
X-Men
Pro Registration

"Yes?" the woman asked.

It broke his reverie. Looking away for a moment, in embarrassment, he replied, "Sorry. Just lost in thought. Though it wouldn't be the first time I've rubbed someone the wrong way since getting here."

He gave a small, apologetic smile as he spoke. He was trying his best to make light of things, but he was concerned. To really, truly have no one to talk to--it hadn't been like this in years. Ostracizing himself in the first few days certainly wouldn't help things. Thankfully, though, she was good-natured enough to either accept his explanation or put any offense aside. The better target of her ire was the task itself.

"Can you believe they make adults to this?"

"I know, right?" he laughed. "This feels like the 'Send Your Troubled Child to Bootcamp' episode of some day time talk show."

Alex continued picking up trash. But as he went, he worked his way a little closer to her. It made conversation easier, which in turned smoothed the mind numbing nature of their task. It wasn't as if there wasn't enough trash to go around, anyway. He picked up a warped, unrecognizable fragment. Charred black and thinned like stuck in a microwave. It wasn't until he touched it that he realized it was steel. The freakish and the banal, side-by-side. This was his life. Horrifying, in a way.

"Did you see this come down?" The warehouse, he meant. "It's surreal--what we're all capable of. I'm Alex, by the way."
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 07:35 AM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

Hearing him say it wasn't his first time to rub someone the wrong way brought out a smirk from Lorna- which was rare nowadays for the young woman. It was as if the part of him that was rebellious made him feel more approachable to her. Despite them being all mutants, they didn't all have the same experiences- and not everyone was easily relatable to. It still felt like any other growing up stage for anybody else.

"Except I refuse to believe we're children still." the 21 year old exclaimed with such passion and conviction. As if to call her a child was such a sin. To be fair, she was technically an adult and there could have been other interventions rather than this.

"My name is Lorna...." she extended a hand as she dropped her grip from the garbage bag. She was never really friendly; but it didn't make sense if she was going to be doing the shitty job for weeks and he was the only one there for her. Besides, they both got in trouble, something must have been interesting. She raised her eyebrow in curiosity as she asked her, Lorna nodded. "Dude, you should have seen it." she chuckled. "Some kid, and I mean, like a child, got his powers for the first time, didn't know how explosive he could be. And tata, no more green house!" but it wasn't any other green house either- it was a real house almost.

"And you? What got you here?" the child definitely faced detention.

PM
^
Alex Summers
 Posted: Nov 29 2017, 08:47 PM
11 posts
is Offline
years old
''
Application
X-Men
Pro Registration

"Alex" he said, freeing up his hand to shake hers.

A moment later, he needed it to hold his sides. It was good to laugh this way--he didn't think he had since arriving. Let alone over something like this. The whole promise of this school was supposed to be a place where he could be among peers. Where powers and accidents were supposed to be normal. But until hearing her punchy narrative of the greenhouse's collapse, there'd been nothing to make powers feel like a part of life that could be mundane enough to laugh about. Until he met he started talking to Lorna, there'd been no interaction that really made him feel normal.

"And you? What got you here?"

"I won a fight," he started wryly. Then, a bit more soberly, he continued, "Someone had too big a mouth. I lost it.'

He wondered what she would think of it all. He didn't quite know what to make of it himself. He'd never been some raging hothead. Nor did he want her to think of him as hyper-sensitive. In truth, it bothered him to have lost control. It wasn't safe. But was that better? Where he knew the fear of his own powers, he knew that many would only see a loose cannon that needed to be locked up. Or at best, just a weirdo who was better off left alone. He was even less sure of how much of all this did or didn't bleed over into his tone.

Trying to press on to safer ground, he asked, "So Lorna, what would you be up to if we weren't treating us like five year olds that need a time out?'"
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Nov 30 2017, 04:41 AM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

"Ah Alex, well its nice to meet you." there was rarely any sense of warmth in the way Lorna spoke; but one could not deny the sincerity she had in her voice. It was nice to meet someone like Alex- it was rare for folks her age to be getting into trouble, but apparently they were around.

A loud laughter echoed from her mouth. It was the first good laugh she's had after all this time. It wasn't even because the situation was hilarious; but it was really just seeing someone whose temper she never thought could surpass her. "You didn't?" she asked like a child who was far too curious. "You really did?" she shook her head. It was one of the things she's been wanting to do since she got here, but she never thought it would fly well with the teachers. "Fuck yeah!" she walked towards him, raising her hand- asking for a high five. It was too good. "Heck, I thought I had a temper." she shrugged.

That was a good question, what could she be going? She pouted her lips, her eyebrows raised as she was thinking about it. "Probably just chilling somewhere, hanging out, trying to control my powers. It comes with my temper. So if I did punch a guy in the face I mean....what could happen? Chaos." she chuckled. "You?" throwing the same question back at him.

PM
^
Alex Summers
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 02:05 AM
11 posts
is Offline
years old
''
Application
X-Men
Pro Registration

Shame. He'd become accustomed to it over the last few years. Even if no one offered, it was ready to whisper inside his head. What a freak. No one is safe around you. Not that anyone would want to stay near anyway. Even Haley, as unconditionally supportive as she was, only helped him deal with a crippling disability. Neither of them had ever thought of it as something more. So he'd half expected laughter. This, though?

He was slapping her hand five before he even quite realized it, chuckling and caught up in the moment. It was funny. The guy had deserved it. Just like dozens had over the years, when it was impossible to respond. Now, for once, he had. He was pushing past the reaction he'd trained in himself towards what he actually felt. It turns out there were all sorts of things to say. He hadn't even started, though, when she surprised him again.

"--trying to control my powers. It comes with my temper. So if I did a punch a guy in the face, I mean what could happen? Chaos" she was explaining.

His mouth was hanging open before she finished.

"Lorna--I. For most of my life, getting angry meant something between a fire bomb and a supernova. I had some kind of hypno-therapy session the day before the fight, said they'd broken the link. They were wrong, as it turns out. You've seen that crater in the soccer field?" Alex said.

Intellectually, he realized that she had asked him another question. It was his question to her first so he should have had an answer. He did, in fact. But that was more than eclipsed just now. They had so much in common. Impossibly so, it seemed, for such a chance encounter.
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Dec 3 2017, 05:38 PM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

Then there was that bit on the crater in the soccer field. It was one morning when Lorna woke up and saw the degree of damage. She wasn't surprised, she actually smirked- knowing full well that the school honed the most dangerous students humanity would ever see- if they ever thought of giving them hell. It was comforting, to say the least, that if anyone had ever attempted to get to the school- they would be facing an army they had no capabilities to beat.

"No way"!' she exclaimed. "That was you? Well, far out, sugar. Far out!" she started to chuckle again. "When I saw that I was like, wow, there is power in here. Kinda cool if you ask me." she smirked. There was a charm that came with such a feat- tickling Lorna's insatiable feeling of rebellion. She could only imagine what he could do.

"I say we dump this join and you can show me your powers. What do you think?" always one for breaking the rules was Lorna.

PM
^
Alex Summers
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 04:20 PM
11 posts
is Offline
years old
''
Application
X-Men
Pro Registration

Alex took a moment to consider her request. Admittedly, the first few seconds he simply wasn't thinking. The way she smiled, the sound of her laughter--it was arresting, after a fashion. But then he actually considered what she said. After today, something was very different. The school had been wrong--he couldn't get angry without triggering his powers. But they had been right, too. They were just powers. Natural, not some divine curse that prevented from misbehaving. How many years had he spent, living his life like there was some sort of gun to his head, forcing him to do everything right? This one time he hadn't, look who he met.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours?" he asked.

That was almost a half hour ago. More than half that time they'd been sneaking away, trying to find somewhere to show off. Now he was getting ready. She was back at yelling distance. Far enough away that he hoped she couldn't appreciate his nervous sweat. How big would this blast be, anyway? How much longer before she realized he didn't actually know what he was doing? He'd never deliberately tried to trigger one before. There'd been no reason, before.

Thankfully, though it came to him. Just enough to seem like embarrassment at first. Flushing at his collar--which, in fact, he was. But it kept going. Building on itself in a way that was at once terrible and familiar. This time, he forced his eyes to open. Rivulets of blue energy danced across his vision. A whole haze of it, enveloping him. He dared one last glance back to Lorna. Then he roared.

It was drowned out immediately. By the hiss of steam and snapping tree trunks and earth heaved feet into the air. There was the pop of oxygen consumed instantaneously as a wave of plasma surged outward. The whole thing cut off abruptly as he plunged into the crater that had appeared around his feet. He coughed a few times, rubbing his eyes clear. His clothes were in tatters.

"Do you have a towel or something?" he yelled.

PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Dec 9 2017, 07:34 PM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

"Show you what?" Lorna curved her lips before exhaling a chuckle. Of course she knew what he meant; but she had this habit of making people around her nervous. It was something innate with the woman who had unparalleled control of metal. "I'm kidding. Yeah, but you think you could handle it?" she laughed again.

There was something about Alex that Lorna appreciated fully. It could be that he wasn't resistant to much- nor was he super vulnerable as well. It was as if he was just so natural; not hiding anything nor pretending to be someone else. Although, for Lorna, that kind of attitude was very common at the institute just because it was everybody's safe space- but there was still something different about Alex.

The thing about the property was how big it was. It extended to the back for miles; and Loran always suspected that maybe in the younger years of their teachers they would have practiced here. Then again she stood far away, excited to see the said destructive powers of Alex. And in an instant she couldn't believe her eyes. It happened in a blink of an eye but she felt the impact of the blue energy that escaped from his body- creating a huge cater in the middle. Lorna's jaws dropped. She was both impressed and terrified- but that was what mutation was all about.

Lorna was able to levitate into the air and swiftly make her way towards him. As she looked down, she was already somehow showing her powers off- but still impressed by his. Like a graceful gazelle, she landed in front of him; she was still shaking her head. "You have got to be kidding me...." she laughed. "You are the coolest person.....ever." she had to echo it. She looked around "No towel, but I have a hanky here somewhere." she handed it to him.

"Dude....seriously." she still couldn't believe it.

PM
^
Alex Summers
 Posted: Dec 16 2017, 09:26 PM
11 posts
is Offline
years old
''
Application
X-Men
Pro Registration

Alex's mouth fell open. Unlike the others, the idea of others with powers still took getting used to. Of course, he knew intellectually. He could watch the news just like anyone else. But coming across CNN, it still had a far off screen. Just like Star Trek or Die Hard; it was one more unbelievable piece of popcorn fare, playing across the big screen. That, and his own experience had only taught him caution. What it meant to have a power you feared. This was his first touch of wonder.

"Lorna! Lorna!" he said, first under his breath and then in giddy excitement "YOU FLEW![/]!"

He took the handkerchief thankfully, wiping his brow. Carried away in the moment, he went further still. What he'd grabbed in fact, was not cloth, but her hand letting excitement radiate from his fingertips to hers. Perhaps he meant to catch her, because his mind still wouldn't accept what it was seeing. Or maybe he intended to sweep her up and dance for joy. For the moment, he forgot about the stark, ugly pit they had found themselves inside of. Even the school meant nothing. He had just watch a human being fly.

"Lorna that's amazing. Your power is--and this is only the least part of it? My god," he continued.

Even babbling, he was only getting out a fraction of the thoughts racing through his head. For a few glorious moments, she had been framed perfectly by the sunlight, serene, and most of all pleased, touching down with a perfect grace. If he had ever been inclined to believe the rhetoric that mutants were some superior breed of special destiny, it was right then.
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 06:45 PM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

She enjoyed the flattery- the compliments were something she looked forward to. Maybe because she lived in a time where mutants were not appreciated, receiving it from someone- despite being one himself, was something she appreciated. At least someone appreciated them, she thought.

"Now, now. That's not even half of it." the mutant boasted. She turned around and saw the metal fence, trying to impress him, she managed to bend the fence in sync with how she crushed her hand together- she grinned as she looked at Alex again before quickly echoing it into a smile.

"Not as cool as yours but..." as she raised her arm up in the air, so did the metal fence. But it was quite heavy and Lorna knew she couldn't hold it for long, in a few seconds she dropped it ,creating a loud echoing sound of metal hitting the earth. She eyed him. "A bit heavy..." she winked.

"Dude, we could totally like...save the world." she chuckled.

PM
^
Alex Summers
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 03:05 AM
11 posts
is Offline
years old
''
Application
X-Men
Pro Registration

Alex could barely contain his anticipation after that display. What would be next? He saw her turn away, but wasn't sure where to look. Would something spring up from the ground? Perhaps she could make something materialize from the sky? Every wonderful, fantastic impossibility suddenly seemed a reasonable guess. He got his first hint in the form of a long metallic groan. His head snapped to the fence in time to see it flexing in perfect rhythm with her.

She glanced at him at just about the same time. By then a huge smile had taken over his face, and he had a thrilled giggle of disbelief. She really was incredible. What would it mean to have that level of control over his powers? To handle things with such grace and deft control? By now he was having a hard time believing she was even still enrolled as a student. He'd be fortunate to be this way when he finished.

That was only the beginning. She had his attention again as soon as her hands thrust upward. Or at least, his eyes were fixed on her for the few seconds before other noises took over. Then there was more screeching metal, the shredding of grass root, the rumble of separating earth. All at once the fence flung up into the air after her, suspended as perfectly as if a crane were sitting above. Then it just held. That perfect, serene stillness belied her slightly heavier breathing.

"Dude, we could totally like. . .save the world" she said after she'd let it go.

"We could!' he agreed, surprising even himself with his enthusiasm. "Your powers alone are way better than anything I've heard of from the X-Men.
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 04:57 AM
8 posts
21 years old
''
Application
Polaris
Mutants
Anti Registration

so lovely, so magnetic

She felt like a child again, there was something about Alex that she would consider they had instant chemistry- in a sense that everything appeared to move so fast, and they she didn't mind ,she didn't care. It was like she wanted to keep getting to know him, to keep hanging out with him and sharing with him some of her stories.

"What did you do anyway to get you to the school?" she asked. It was really a personal question- but somehow there was a trust in there already. "I used my powers and....yeah, it wasn't the best of results, but its better ending up in this school than in shit hole prison. Imagine how the prisoners would treat you..." she couldn't begin to imagine, and she honestly didn't want to. What could happen to her was something she probably wouldn't be ready for.

"You know whats fun to do? Maybe we could go around town. Look for trouble and try to save people..." there was still an idealism to her. That point where maybe it would be better to do something than nothing at all. "Be like the X-Men..." she smirked deviously.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
MP
X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG]
FLAWED GENETICS