Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Late Night Reading, tag loki
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 10:18 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
It's what's on the inside that matters
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

There is good in everyone's heart
Beauty is With In
Sigyn had once again awoken from a nightmare, it was the same one she had had before. There was death, destruction, and pain. Oh so much pain. There were nights when Sigyn awoke crying out for she felt the pain that was in her dreams, or was it a vision. For a while now she had been having visions, in fact if she thought about it her whole life she had had visions about the future, past and even present. There had been moments when she had seen something right before it did, allowing her to react before hand. Normally this was when her sisters were doing something and she was able to see a bad outcome that would cause one of her sisters to get hurt. She thought nothing of it growing up, until her mother arrived one day to take her away to Asgard. That was when the nightmares started, sometimes during the day but a lot of times at night. She had told the All Mother of them, and before her death she had been helping Sigyn but now she was left on her own. Not wishing to seem more like a outcast than she already did in court; due to who her parents were; Sigyn had kept these visions to herself and just resolved to dealing with them.

Tonight was one of those nights the vision had been so strong she could have sworn her arm was on fire when she woke up. It took several deep breath and looking at her arm for burn marks. When she had decided that all was well, Sigyn got up from her bed and put on her wrap. It was still late at night, but she knew it would be hours before she could even sleep again. So instead she would find something to occupy her mind until she would be able to sleep again.

So she went to a place she knew no one would be, the grand library of the palace. It was located in the family wing of the castle, and only ever seemed to see those of the royal family there. But Sigyn had been allowed to use it ever since Frigga had learned of her love for reading, and her desire to learn more. So on nights like this she would travel there, and spend hours reading and studying.She never took a book out of there, feeling as if that was just too much, but she didn’t mind as the library was not only well stocked with books but comfortable chairs.

No one stopped Sigyn as she travel the darken halls, wearing nothing but a wrap over her nightgown and nothing on her feet. There was something soothing about the cold stone under her feet, so by the time she reached the library Sigyn felt mostly relaxed. Pushing the door open she turned automatic to a torch and lit it, causing the room in a glow enough to see and read by. She lit one more just to add to the light before going to the books. Gently running her hand over them she read the titles until one caught her interested, which she pulled down and carried over to a chair. Sitting down Sigyn tucked her feet under her and began to read about transfiguration.

### WORDS , TAGGED , NOTES ©
PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Dec 19 2017, 03:59 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I'm Loki of Asgard and I'm burdened with Glorious Purpose
Species
Prince of Asgard
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

In the end...
You will always kneel

The library was an impressive sight for any to see at first. Loki had seen it for the first time when he was a young boy and it almost acted like a second room for him. He'd spend long hours in these halls, amid the shelves, Loki the son of Odin was a voracious reader and he dared to say he'd read the majority of the books in this very hall though he was always looking for new volumes to increase his knowledge. Thor might not have much use for the written word, but Loki was a much different person all together. Reading was a past time he seemed to share with no one except his mother.

With several new tomes tucked in a small satchel around his shoulder, a candle in one hand and a book in the other he began to make his way to the door, figuring he could make it back to his room without much trouble. However, out of the corner of his eye, he did notice the burning of a few torches and he decided to investigate who had come into the library. What he found was a beautiful young maiden sitting in a chair and reading from a book. It pained him to interrupt her but he felt that he had to. "I was not aware anyone else was in here tonight," he said with a soft tone, closing his book with a crisp snap to further catch her attention.

PM
^
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 07:39 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

Beauty is With In
It took very little time for Sigyn to get drawn into the book, she didn't’ noticed anything around her. Not her hand that was glowing slightly at the fingertips as the magic there was just itching to be used, or the fact that she was no longer alone in the library. It had been so late at night that Sigyn was sure that no one would be awake let alone wondering the palace as she had done. So she had tuned everything out and dove into the art of transfiguration, learning that it was mostly a magic that needed the mind to concentrate on what she wanted one item to change into. Of course it was best to try to change one thing to another if the two items were somewhat the same, but things like water could be changed to gold if you really put effort into it. Sigyn was already thinking of several things to try when she heard a voice and the snap of a book that drew her attention to the man standing in front of her. Not just any man but Prince Loki of Asgard.

Sigyn eyes grew wide as she gasp and quickly jumped from her set before dropping into a very deep curtsy. Her head and knees fully bowed before him as she said. “For give me m’lord I did not know anyone else would be here tonight, I meant no disrespect and shall leave at once.” Oh she had heard stories of Loki, most of them were true she knew as she had been living in Asgard for some of them. Other stories she expected were false but that didn’t lesson the fear of him. She had learned long ago not to judge someone by what others said; what was on the outside so to speak; but kneeling before him now she was finding it hard not to. Taking small breaths she worked to slow her heart and her mind, her eyes focus on the feet before her not daring to move until she had his permission.

PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 08:14 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Prince of Asgard
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

In the end...
You will always kneel

Loki watched the quick reaction of the young woman, she acted as he might expect one to do. Stand, curtsy, apologize profusely and she even spoke of how she would leave at once. "No, no. It should be I asking for forgiveness.I should know better than to interrupt someone when they are reading," he said, taking a few steps forward and placing his candle down on a table before reaching a hand out to her in order to lift her out of her curtsy. Here in the library, there was no need for such displays and frankly he held more respect for someone who actually had a passion for learning, knowledge and books.

"I believe I know of you. The Lady Sigyn, correct?" he asked, helping her up and getting a closer look at the lovely creature before him. She was a bit shorter, platinum blonde hair, blue eyes, a maiden beyond reproach and one who knew something of magic. The mere thought excited him, beyond his mother he did not have many to closely converse with that had something in common with him. "If I may, would you care to sit with me? I would be interested to learn of what you are studying in the tome you have picked out." He would never deny the company of someone he felt that he could connect with in a way.

PM
^
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 09:53 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

Beauty is With In
“It is thy family’s library, I should have sought permission before I indulge.” Of course she had had permission from Frigga, but with her death maybe she should had asked the All Father if she could still have use of the library. However he had been mourning his wife, than well there just never seemed to be any time to ask so Sigyn had figured she would be alright. Sigyn watched as Loki took a few steps toward her, pausing only a moment to set down the candle that had been in his hand. She looked up when his hand appeared before her and she easily slipped her hand into his and used it to rise back to her feet. She noticed that his hand was clearly strong but yet there was this softness to it as well; something she would not have expected.

“Yes M’lord, I am the daughter of Freya and the dwarf Iwaldi” She was not scared to mention her father’s names, though many laughed at her calling her a half blood and such as she was part dwarf. That would account for her slightly smaller stature compared to many other females of Asgard. Sigyn didn’t bow her head as he looked her over, instead she looked right into his green eyes and look in his own appearance. He was taller than she was, she could see the concentration on his brow; most likely from hours of reading. His hair was black and curled slight at the end and he was thinner than many of the males of Asgard but not weak looking. The longer he looked at her though the more aware she became of her appearance and she couldn’t suppress the slight blush that rose to her cheeks as she was clearly not dressed in a manner she should be when meeting one of the royal house. Sigyn fought the urge to cross her arms across her chest; not that she was imosted or anything; as she didn’t wish to draw more attention to her simple wrap and night gown.

“If thou wish m’lord.” Sigyn answered, dropping into a quick curtsy once again. Her voice however held a slight excitement of sharing what she was learning. Picking up the book again she sat on the couch she had been on and opened the tome to the page she had been on before passing it to Loki. “Tis about transfiguration, they talk of the concept of the magic and what should be done; even giving the information of how to best do so.”

PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 05:03 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Prince of Asgard
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

In the end...
You will always kneel

"Please, it is quite alright. For what it's worth, you have my permission." After all, it was not like the shelves of this great library were perused much. All this knowledge and rarely were the pages flipped through, it was a tragedy beyond words in his mind. One might as well put a torch to the place if so little use was being made of it.. but he supposed that was the point. Acquiring knowledge was something that required one to search for it and without a treasure trove of books and scrolls to find, how would be rewarded? In the end, he guessed that it didn't matter, at least he appreciated what was around him.

The young maiden confirmed his thoughts as to her identity, that she was Sigyn, the daughter of Freya and the Dwarf, Iwaldi. One thing did stick out to him though and with a wave of his hand he addressed it. "You need not stick to such formal address, Loki will do." There was a time and a place for such niceties and now was not the time. Loki moved to sit with her, hearing that her book had been about the art of Transfiguration. "Ah, magic that changes one thing to another, a favorite to be sure. Have you ever attempted such a thing?" he asked, curious as to her level of progression.

PM
^
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 09:32 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

Beauty is With In
Sigyn couldn’t help but smile when he mention that she had his permission, it was a soft smile that reached to her eyes but in it told of her longing to read and how grateful she was for this gift. “I thank thee m’lord I shall not abuse thy trust thou hast place me in.” Again she bowed her head in reverence and respect. Yes she had heard the stories about how evil Loki was, but that wasn’t the man standing in front of her. No she was seeing a kind person in front of her right now; and she had to admit she couldn’t but wonder if most of the stories had been nothing but lies.

“I am sorry m’l… I mean Loki.” Sigyn said with a smile as she placed half the book on his lap and showed him everything that she had read so far. “I haven’t as of yet, the only thing I have tried is changing water into ice, but as that is the same element just changed from the liquid form to solid it wasn’t really much magic. In truth I don’t know if it would even count as transfiguration or if I just merely control the temperature of the air around the water that turned it into ice. I have been reading the theory however.” Again she point out a few things in the book that she had just read. Gone was her guarded since and for a moment she forgot she was in fact in the company of the young prince of Asgard. Right now she felt as if she was just with someone interested in studying as she was.

“Most of my studies in magic has been for the healing, I have mended two bones but mostly it’s been cuts.” Sigyn knew she wasn’t far advance but she was still proud of what she had done. Most of her 1023 years of life was living with her sisters and father, never really using magic for anything except for odds and ends. Now she was trying to play catch up to those that had study all their lives.

PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Dec 21 2017, 11:35 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Prince of Asgard
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

In the end...
You will always kneel

"I have faith you won't," he said with a slight curve to his lips. She was an interesting young woman, very... demure, not at all boisterous like the people of Asgard tended to be. She apologized and almost called him m'lord again before correcting herself and calling him by his name. She began to explain how she had not yet made such an attempt to change matter from one thing to another. She'd only been able to turn water into ice by her own admission. "A fair start. Transfiguration is not at all easy, one must be very precise. If you can do this small thing, that is a good place to build on."

Loki would always encourage learning, especially in the field of magic. He could see a shift in her demeanor as she spoke of her studies, she was being far more open and outgoing about them which was nice to see. "Healing arts? Very important though admittedly, I am not very well versed in such things." A master he might be, but he was not versed in healing magic. "If you wish, a bit of advice I would give you for your transfiguration is to know what you wish to change. You must picture perfectly what an item you wish to change will be, what it's made of. From there, the magic will do the rest."

PM
^
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 03:14 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

Beauty is With In
Sigyn couldn’t help but feel a little proud as Loki commented on her start of changing mere water to ice. Both of them knew it wasn’t really great magic but the way he made it sound it was as if she changed water into a palace; and for that she was grateful. A slight blush formed again when Loki mention that the art of healing was important but he was not as well verse in such thing. Truth is Sigyn had decided to study that form of magic more than others because she saw it as useful when she returned home. When that was to be she didn’t know, Freya wasn’t around much and the last time Sigyn asked her mother when she might return home to her sisters and father the older woman snapped at her. “I though it be useful to my father in the mines when I returned home, until than I could be of use here in Asgard.” Not that she seemed much use here now.

Sigyn listen as he gave her advice and from that an idea popped into her head. “Would it be to much to ask thee if thou wilt show me.” She didn’t really know the full reason she was asking, maybe it was because she wanted to see it done; that it could in fact be done; or maybe it was because she wanted to see if Loki was in fact as powerful as other proclaim he was. Granted this small feat of magic was not really a great way to show off his skill but it was the best Sigyn could think of right now.

PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Dec 23 2017, 08:32 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Prince of Asgard
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

In the end...
You will always kneel

"A very benevolent sentiment and I am certain you could be of great help to the warriors that have hurt themselves in their attempts to show off," he commented, thinking her skills could be very useful as they grew. His words perhaps betrayed his feelings a little bit as to his feelings towards the arrogance of the warriors who walked around acting like their ability to swing a sword. Still, she had an admirable goal and that should be cultivated, for this she could use the warriors as test subjects, but of course he wasn't going to say that out loud.

To his advice he gave her concerning the magic, she actually asked him if he would mind showing her an example. A smile spread over his face, not often did he get a chance to show off his skill in such a way. "Of course," he said as he looked around for an object to use. He focused in on his candle and he leaned forward to remove the candle from it's bronze fixture before he turned back to her. "This candle holder is made of Bronze, a metal alloy composed of Copper and Tin," Holding it out in his hand he waved the other hand over it and a green light engulfed the object before it's shape changed and where there was once a bronze candle holder now stood a miniature crystal sculpture of the tree of life, Yggdrasil.

PM
^
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 12:03 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

Beauty is With In
“Tis a hope, though in truth I believe it will be more help to my father and brothers when they are in the mine; shall I return to my home. The warriors here do not trust me as of yet, though the Lady Sif has allowed me to mend her broken bones and such.” It didn’t bother her that others didn’t trust her, she was still knew at court and she knew her parents was an issue to many. Her mother had anger a lot of people by taking on many lovers, somewhere still married. Than her father was a dwarf and her parents after all were not married, so there was a lot that was against her. Sigyn did not miss the dislike in Loki’s voice when he mention the warriors, so that part of the stories were true. Loki did not see the warrior skill as anything great compare to his own.

Loki agree to transfigure something for her, taking the bronze candlestick he removed the candle and waved his hand over it. After one pass; with some green light; the candlestick turned into a miniature crystal sculpture of the tree of life. Sigyn looked at the sculpture, even turning her head slightly to the side in order to see it from another angle. It was perfect, every detail of the tree was there and the crystal was flawless. She could see hints of rainbows as the candle light hit the crystal and bounced back. “Tis beautiful, thou art truly skillful as to change from a metal like bronze to something so delicate as crystal.” Again she eyed the sculpture carefully.

PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 10:28 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Prince of Asgard
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

In the end...
You will always kneel

"Time will change their stony demeanor. When they are broken and beaten, they will not care, as long as you can tend to their wounds." That was a problem he'd grown to see, people bluster about their lives and act as if they didn't need anyone else, but themselves. Change the circumstances and they'd swallow their hollow pride if it meant recovery, if it meant going back out into the battle. He let out a subtle breath through his nose, letting his annoyance leak from him as he turned his attention back to something far more important.

Sigyn seemed captivated by what he had done changing the candlestick into something as delicate and fine as a crystal sculpture. "It's all in knowing the composition of what you wish to make. The magic will work itself, but it's putting the pieces together in your mind and focusing your will," he told her before he held his hand out to the crystal tree and with a quick, crisp snap of his fingers, the crystal tree morphed once more in a green light into a tiara formed entirely of pearl and with a bit of a smile he lifted the tiara and rested it right on her platinum blonde head.

PM
^
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 02:08 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

Beauty is With In
Again Sigyn noted the bitterness in his voice, it was clear he had no love for the warriors and she could understand why. Men on Asgard where held high with honor if they were great warriors not as much if they could cause spells and use magic. They didn’t trust her because of her blood, but Sigyn had not let it bother her like Loki had. Being careful Sigyn reached out a hand and placed it gently on Loki’s leg; as if trying to transfer some of her peace into him so that he would not be so annoyed. After catching his eye she pulled back and blushed slightly as she mumbled her apologies, realizing she most likely had over step.

Loki went on with his lesson, telling that she needed to know the compositions of what she wanted to make, to see it in her own eye and than let the magic do the rest. It was what she had been reading and it only added to the fact that she knew she would be needing to spend time learning about compositions and working slowly from small things before she could do anything big. To show her once again what he meant, Loki snapped his fingers and the tree was soon gone in a green light to be changed once again. Sigyn believe he was changing it back but once the light was gone there was a beautiful tiara made of pearls in his hand. Before Sigyn could even admire his handy work, Loki was moving the tiara and placing it on her head, causing Sigyn to gasp slightly. Her hand reaching up and touching the pearl that she wore always around her neck that her grandfather had given her. Did Loki know the deeper meaning pearls were to her, or had it just been a lucky guess. Sigyn smiled and looked down at the hands in her lap. “I thank thee m’lord but tis far to pretty for someone like me.”

PM
^
Loki Laufeyson
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 05:14 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Prince of Asgard
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

In the end...
You will always kneel

Subtly his eyes shifted for a slight moment, making note of her hand on his knee. What anger or contempt he felt for the men he had painted in such a way subsided and he found himself wondering if she may have held some kind of power he was unaware of or if it was simply her presence. Either way, he kept such thought to himself for a moment as she marveled at the tiara he created and even seemed shocked that he would place it on her head. She directed her eyes down and thanked him but believed such a thing too pretty for her.

Like an instinct, unable to stop himself and not even sure if he wished to stop himself, his hand reached out, his fingers gently sliding over the skin of her face as they tucked in under her chin. Just as gently as before he applied a bit of strength to raise her head so that her eyes would be forced to look directly at him. "It was nothing until I placed it on your head. True beauty rests with the head that the crown sits on.. not the crown itself," he told her. It was so unlike him and yet, he felt compelled to say it, the words were found easily in his mind and without hesitation he spoke them. The truth. A rarity for the God of Mischief, the King of Lies.

PM
^
Lady Sigyn
 Posted: Dec 30 2017, 05:58 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Nat
Alias
Asgardians
Neutral

Beauty is With In
Sigyn didn’t move when she felt his fingers gently slide over her skin to rest under her chin where he added a little pressure to cause her to raise her eyes up to his. They sat there for only a moment his eyes bearing into her own, and Sigyn found herself holding her breath slightly. She had looked at him, yes but never this long and never really this clearly before. Before her sat a man, that’s it just a plan man who was maybe a little lost and lonely. She could see that he wore a mask for everyone else, but at this moment it was gone it was his true self sitting there and from his lips he bore true words. She didn’t need to doubt them, somehow she knew he was not lying to her to try and get something he really spoke those words because he believed them true. “Thou art too kind to me Loki, I really am no one of great important but thou has treated me with great kindness, for that I thank thee.”

Reaching up she took his hand in hers and smile slightly, grateful that she had met him. There was no way of knowing if she would ever see him again tonight, but she would remember that he was in fact a better man than many thought. Sigyn was about to say something to him, when she felt her body tighten up and face changed slightly from the peaceful look she had to one of great fear. In her mind she was once again seeing fire, death and destruction. Her hand grip tighter around the one of Loki’s she was holding, “No.. No” With that last now her body went limp as the vision faded and Sigyn feel forward.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (8) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates