$(document).ready(function () { $(window).scroll(function () { if ($(this).scrollTop() > 100) { $('.scrollup').fadeIn(); } else { $('.scrollup').fadeOut(); } }); $('.scrollup').click(function () { $("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600); return false; }); });
Toggle Cbox

Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Ada
Everest
Spotlights
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Add Reply
New Poll

The Revelation of Blink, Tag: Phil Coulson
Clarice Ferguson
 Posted: Dec 18 2017, 06:59 AM
35 posts
29 years old
''
“What’s “coffee” ? I spent my life in a war zone. I haven’t had real toilet paper since I was in prison.”
Application
Blink
Mutants
Neutral

Love, Fury, Passion, Energy
So let your soul dance baby time to free yourself at last unshackle your life spirit fly away far from the past...

Clarice Ferguson had slept the sleep of the dead after all that she had been through in coming to this world. Whatever had happened to screw her powers up in her initial port away from the Nexus of All Realities, to encase her in a mountain sized meteor of crystal that had grown from her very skin and then shunt her none too gently through the multiverse was as of yet unknown. What she did know though was that her body, battered and bruised up some, had needed this rest dearly. The sleep itself had been in its own way a blessing to her as well. She had been far too exhausted from everything to even dream clearly and so the nightmares that had been plaguing her for some time now, nightmares of her past both long ago and present, had not manifested in this restful slumber. When finally an insistent knock at the door woke her she was only initially taken aback by her surroundings. The walls were a bare dull grey metal, the floor was the same and in the corner was a bare desk with a lamp attached. In one wall to her right there was what appeared to be a visual monitor, perhaps a television or computer console. Beyond this the room was quite Spartan and it took her a moment to remember just how she had gotten here and why. “SHIELD…” She spoke to herself remembering being saved by this world’s John Bartlett from crashing into this planet in her crystal prison. He had brought her down to earth quite literally with no devastation to which she was grateful and after freeing her they had come to agreeable terms in accompanying him back to his home base. What neither of them had counted on though was another little side trip through space and time to her own dimension Earth 295 also known as The Age of Apocalypse and most mysterious of all into her own past.

Knock… Knock… Knock…

The tapping brought her out of the memory as it had sleep causing her too sigh, groan a bit and sit up. “Yeah… come in or… whatever…” She grumbled, pulling the sheets of the single bed around herself out of modesty. A young woman entered dressed in a crisp and clean cut uniform with the SHIELD symbol emblazoned on a batch on both shoulders. “Miss Blink, I am sorry to wake you but Director Coulson would like to speak with you now.” She spoke in a matter of fact tone, strong but not aggressive, the kind of tone one heard in military organizations. “What time is is?” Blink yawned and rubbed at her face trying to get her mind back in the moment and shake off the fog of such a deep, restful sleep. “1:35PM EST. You have however been asleep for over 24 hours.” A small, almost imperceptible smile graced the young Agent’s face, something that might have gone unnoticed by those with less experience reading people. The shock on her own face for having slept so long was also not lost to Blink as she rose from the bed still clutching the bed sheet and looking down to the Tallis on her wrist. It took only a second to confirm with the device that indeed she had slept for a full day, a bit of a surprise considering how badly John and Coulson had wanted her information. “Thanks Agent, give me a minute to get dressed and you can lead me to your boss.” She spoke to which the agent nodded and motioned to a retractable wall. “Your things were cleaned but there are also a few generic pairs of shirts and pants in there if you would like a change. I will be right outside.”

Standing Blink moved to the closet and pressed the button which slid the wall aside to show her Exiles uniform neatly cleaned, pressed and folded alongside her empty quiver. On racks she also took note of various black and white pairs of pants and shirts as the agent had indicated. Not wishing to stand out… or at least no more than her pink skin, magenta hair and glowing green eyes would make her already… and desiring to slip into something a little more casual she pulled from the offered clothes a pair of black track pants and a white turtleneck. When Blink felt ready she exited the room she had been given to rest in and followed the young agent down the halls towards the place where Director Phil Coulson wanted to speak with her.

767 words | @[Phil Coulson]

World:AoH/Outfit: Turtleneck & Track Pants

L N

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 08:44 PM
109 posts
53 years old
''
"A wise man once told me that a person can do anything once they realize they're a part of something bigger."
Application
Coulson
SHIELD
Neutral

Coulson had spent the last night reviewing the notes that he had on the mission that John had gone on to recover Blink, everything had gone by the numbers until that last teleport and then one of his best agents came back looking like he had been cooked by a plasma accelerator. To anyone else, that sort of damage would have been lethal but to John, that was merely some more time that he had to spend healing but that didn't sit well with him. If they had an encounter that had damaged John to that extent it meant that they had engaged someone capable of harming him and that was a threat that Coulson wanted to be briefed on, also there were a lot of questions around Blink that still needed to be answered but one of the things that Coulson had learned over the years was that some patience went a long way in this sorts of situations. If he pushed this too hard he risked alienating Blink and John had put too much work into developing their relationship for Coulson to do that so what he had left to him was building a relationship of his own with her. One of John's strengths was that he was a genuine person who gave off that aura that he was trustworthy, some people just had that like Steve Rogers and Coulson put it down to the upbringing and values that his parents had instilled in him in his youth. Listening to the tapes that they had, it seemed as if Blink was from some sort of alternate timeline or reality, something that SHIELD had dealt with previously in its history and there were clear protocols in place.

Coulson's thoughts drifted to his goddaughter and her travel to this time period, she had shown them a future where they had all failed and metahumans were now used as nothing but soldiers and breeding fodder. The idea that Kate was being used in such a fashion still made his blood boil but that was something that they were actively working to prevent and if Blink came from there at least progress had been made and if not, well then they would get some advanced warning of what could be on the horizon. Director Carter had written the timeline protocols herself warning that nothing revealed from the future could be taken as an absolute, given the vague nature of time there was every chance that the steps you take would lead to that future or by not acting the same conclusion would result. Ultimately, it was up to the Director to choose how much or how little SHIELD would become involved in the situation but the protocol was clear, the priority was on the current timeline and under no circumstances was that to be placed at risk regardless of the cost. That was one of the Omega level protocols that he had encountered, one of three and the other two were even more dangerous which was why Fury had kept it in the toolbox he had put together for Coulson and why he had needed a drink after accessing those protocols.

He had made arrangements for Blink to meet him here and given how early it was, he had made sure that there was a breakfast table brought into his office with an array of different foods from cereal to eggs, bacon and pancakes. It was lunch time but the girl was just waking up so he felt that a breakfast table might be a better option to go with given the circumstances. He wasn't sure what Blink would want to eat so he got an assortment of choices just to cover his bases, for him all that he wanted to grab was a hot cup of coffee and a cream cheese bagel which was one of his favorites. The discussion that he and John had before John left to return home had been illuminating, there were things that he hadn't been prepared to share but he had given Coulson some of his insight into what Blink was like as a person. That was fine with Coulson though, John was one of those people who when he gave his word that was it as far as he was concerned and as awkward as that could be in terms of an Intelligence service, he wouldn't have John any other way. There was a knock on his door and Coulson rose as he tapped a button on his desk "Come in." A young agent came in "Sir, I have Blink here to see you." "Please bring her in Agent Mason." She nodded and opened the door for Blink so that she could come in and once she had, Agent Mason nodded at Coulson and closed the door behind them. Coulson walked over and offered his hand to Blink as he got close to her "Thank you for coming, please could I offer you something to eat or drink?" He found people tended to relax when they ate and he wanted her nice and relaxed for the conversation that they were going to have here today. "Please sit down, we have a lot to discuss today. Agent Bartlett isn't here right now but if you would like him here I can get him here fairly quickly." It was all about setting her at ease and given John's flight speed if he had to get here that was entirely possible.

TAG: Clarice NOTES: Wearing this
PM
^
Clarice Ferguson
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 06:58 AM
35 posts
29 years old
''
“What’s “coffee” ? I spent my life in a war zone. I haven’t had real toilet paper since I was in prison.”
Application
Blink
Mutants
Neutral

So let your soul dance baby time to free yourself at last unshackle your life spirit fly away far from the past...

As Blink entered Director Coulson’s office and shook his offered hand she could not help the small gurgle in her stomach the moment she caught a whiff of the food placed out on a small table to the side. “Uhhh Thanks…” She spoke with a little embarrassment as she placed her hands tenderly over her taught athletically toned stomach, feeling actually hungry for the first time since she had left the Exiles and the Nexus of All Realities over a day ago. Pain and exhaustion had been the staples of her existence for the last day… or rather two days considering she had slept a whole day away. That however could or at least should be understandable considering all she had just went through, an experience she had promised to explain, at least in part, to the man who had just invited her to eat.

She moved to the small table and picking up the plate that had been placed there for her she picked from various cut up fruits as well as some toast with honey and a cup of coffee then turned to look at Coulson once more as the Director offered to have John attend this meeting. She smirked at this because she knew very well he was trying to keep her happy, to keep her comfortable so she would be more willing to divulge the information he was seeking. It was a good tactic and one she could honestly not hold against the man as she shook her head and moved to one of the chairs sitting across from his desk. “No that won’t be necessary.” She spoke calmly before biting into a piece of strawberry from her plate, crossing her legs to balance the plate on her legs rather than put it on his desk unsure of how he would feel about that. She wondered if Coulson would be surprised or not at her turning down his offer to have Agent Bartlett present. John was the one she trusted after all, he being the one who had saved her and gone through the as yet unexplained experience with. “He has a family and he went through a lot with me. He needs time to rest and to spend with his loved ones.” She offered her explanation making it clear that she was not truly concerned for her wellbeing, more so for a friend and also did not need to be hand held through this. “I think I can handle you on my own Director Coulson.” She smirked teasingly, her sharp glowing green eyes appraising the man as she took a sip of her coffee. She had met other Coulsons before, some good and some not so good, she had not made up her mind where this man fell yet except that he had the respect and service of a good man in John Bartlett. She didn’t trust Coulson, not as she did John, nor did she trust this SHIELD any more than she would another with what little she knew of this world but she was going to give them the benefit of the doubt because she owed her new friend that much at least.

“You have questions for me and I have some answers. I stress some because I can’t tell you everything you will want to know.” She spoke making it clear that no matter what she did owe to John for his rescue of her she could not put the multiverse itself at stake by divulging too much information to any one world. “Reasonably I should be able to help you though. In exchange as I discussed with Agent Bartlett I will need help in figuring out what happened to me, how I got her and how I may safely return to where I came from. I also will need shelter and resources while I am in this world but I am willing to work in exchange for this as well.” She paused to let him take in what she had said and her offer to work with them if they so desired. Her powers were rather handy in many ways and there was undoubtedly a lot she could do to help SHIELD with their many projects and problems in protecting a world that was, at least from what she had been told, on the brink of major trouble. “I have no intention of joining you as an official Agent but if you are willing to support a freelance then I’m willing to put myself and what I know at your disposal.”

Taking another sip of the coffee she sat back in the chair and watched the man in silence, appraising him as she had been taught to do by many of the best. Creed and Weapon X, the Sabretooth and Wolverine of her world, had not only trained her to be a viciously aggressive and formidable opponent in the field of battle but they had also taught her how to read people. By no means did she have their skill mostly due in part to not having their enhanced senses but she had learned to read facial expressions, body language and even breathing patters to get an idea of what people were feeling if not outright thinking. Coulson was a leader and in so far he liked to be in control of the situation. He had only some control in this case and she could tell he didn’t particularly like that but he was also clearly resolved. He was calm, composed and more or less open as far as Blink could detect from looking him over. This was a good sign. “Whatever you decide though I did promise to at the very least tell you what happened when Agent Bartlett and I tried to port here, what happened to wound him. I’m willing to give you that if nothing else. Do you wish to start there or do you have any other questions you might like to ask first?”

998 words | @[Phil Coulson]

L N

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 02:04 AM
109 posts
53 years old
''
"A wise man once told me that a person can do anything once they realize they're a part of something bigger."
Application
Coulson
SHIELD
Neutral

It was interesting listening to her as he was able to determine that she was very much like what John had written in his report, John had of course given him a complete debrief well as much as he could as there were some details that he had promised to keep private which was a pain but integrity was something that he could live with that in his agents. Fury would never have allowed that but he was running a different outfit than his former boss had run and trust in his agents was an absolute priority and the relationship that John had forged with Clarice was proving to be a real asset here especially considering that John's assessment that she had the ability to open portals to other locations through space/time was utterly amazing. He had some experience in the field of teleportation but it had always been when someone had moved the both of them if she was able to open a portal for them to use then they would have almost instantaneous reaction times which was the holy grail in their line of work. That was one of the main reasons that he had let this play out as it had, he had no wish to damage this chance to have her come aboard and John had suggested that if this was going to have any chance of working then they would have to work with her on her terms, it wasn't as if they could force her in any case.

She had decided not to eat which was fine with him, he had been up for a while now so he chose a traditional breakfast of eggs, hash browns and sausages along with tomatoes and mushrooms. He had a long day ahead of him and he was going to need his strength, what was surprising was that he hadn't put on any weight with this new breakfast style of his but given his work it wasn't that surprising and once he had eaten his first mouthful he responded to what Blink had been saying "John and I have spoken, he said that you would be fine which was nice to see he was correct on and as for the rest. We can certainly provide you with shelter and a reasonable amount of resources until I am certain we can trust you as much as Agent Bartlett recommends that I do and as for the answers. How about we start from the beginning and you tell me who you are and what it is exactly that you do, I know you may have had this conversation with Agent Bartlett but I like to hear these things first hand. We can discuss your future with us after that but I'd like to hear a little more about you." It was hard to remember the last time that he had a conversation like this, John and Kate were doing a lot of the recruiting lately and this was what this was, a recruitment pitch and he was on familiar ground now. Taking another mouthful, he continued to listen to Blink as she spoke, the details were going to be sparce for now but as they gained trust in each other he was sure that the blanks would slowly begin to fill in after all she couldn't have as many secrets as Natasha did.

PM
^
Clarice Ferguson
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 07:18 AM
35 posts
29 years old
''
Application
Blink
Mutants
Neutral

She could not help but laugh just a little at Coulson and his question of ‘who you are and what it is exactly that you do’. She didn’t want to insult the man or make this exchange between them any more awkward than it was but the question was quite generic, plain and small where as her answer was a great deal more complicated. “Who am I and what do I do? Well you arnt asking much are you?” She said in a playfully teasing tone and took another sip of her coffee with a contented sigh of true enjoyment to have something to eat and drink. “Well you know my Codename Blink, my real name is Clarice Ferguson. I am a mutant which is obvious…” She looked down at the bright pink hand holding the black coffee cup in it then back to Coulson. “Though not all mutants have powers I do. As you know I can teleport. However unlike most teleporters my ability is a little more refined in that I use special apertures, portals if you like, to move from point A to point B in the literal blink of an eye. These portals displace matter which makes it safer and allows me to teleport without line of sight or needing to already have been to the location I am going. Ultimately I only need coordinates or a vague idea of where I am going and…” She paused and snapped her fingers. “…I and anyone or anything I am taking with me are there.”

To emphasize her point and lend visual aid to what she was able to do she picked up an apple slice from the plate on her lap and held it up for Coulson to see. Beside her, just to her right, a small pink portal about the size of a fist opened up out of nothingness with an audible BLINK noise. Holding the apple piece out she dropped it through the portal which closed right behind it only for another portal to open in the ceiling just above her and drop the apple piece out and down onto her plate once more. Of course this was only a minor display of what she was able to do but it at least gave him an idea of her capabilities.

“That is only partially what you meant though isn’t it?” She questioned feeling pretty sure of the answer. “You are perhaps more interested in deeper facts such as where I come from, how I got here?” She cocked her head to the side before picking up the piece of apple again but this time eating it rather than playing teleport with it. After chewing and taking a moment to enjoy the freshness of the fruit she nodded with a sigh and a shrug. “I come from another dimension, another Earth. In my world history took a very different turn than here, a turn that threw my entire world into a decades long war between a godlike being of immense power and people who sought freedom and unity between humanity and mutant/meta kind. The world I come from is cosmically designated as Earth-295, don’t ask me how these designations are assigned or why that is decided by powers quite higher than myself, but more aptly it was called The Age of Apocalypse. In my world a mutant older than the pyramids, more powerful than any other, rose up and conquered the world or at least most of it under his dark darwanistic regime. I was rescued by my world’s X-Men, trained and fought with them till near the end of the war… then my life took a decidedly different turn.” At this point she figured it was good to pause, take a breath and let Coulson decide what questions he might want to ask concerning what she had told him thus far.

646 words | @[Phil Coulson]

L N

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 05:34 AM
109 posts
53 years old
''
Application
Coulson
SHIELD
Neutral

Coulson settled in as Blink started to share some of her story, he had no idea if it was what she had told John specifically but if she was willing to show some trust then he was absolutely willing to follow her along with that. So much of their job was based on instinct and it was something that Fury had always believed in, listen to your gut and you will basically be running pretty straight and Coulson had always brought into that line of thinking. John wasn't exactly the model agent but he had a good instinct when it came to people and from the first he had decided to trust Blink without any real justification which spoke to his character and was a habit that was going to get him hurt out there in the field. They had discussed this as well but he seemed unwilling to buy into the line of thinking that you had to be careful around people as a SHIELD agent because potentially they could be a risk and he had stated pretty clearly that he wasn't going to operate that way, they needed to be better in his opinion. The thing of it was that he was right, it was the direction that he wanted to take SHIELD after the failures that led to HYDRA being able to infect them over the years, there had to be a faith there but if you were going to grow this then you also had to show trust. That concept was a fundamental part of changing the culture when it came to SHIELD and if he was going to succeed then he was going to have to follow the lead of his agents when they came back from the field, not blindly of course but with due consideration of their positions.

Listening to Clarice as she told him about herself, it was hard to believe but dimension travelling wasn't a new concept to SHIELD, he had read the SSR reports where they had dealt with these issues and his own encounters with Kree and Asgardians showed that they weren't alone in the universe and the Chitauri invasion of New York had also been an eye opener in that regard. Once she was finished speaking, he took a few moments to chew over mentally the information that she had just shared with him, it was obvious that she wanted to see what sort of reaction he would have so he wanted to be positive in his response "A pleasure to meet you, Clarice, your power set is certainly impressive. Teleportation isn't a mutation that we have noted as being common, super strength and durability are pretty much the common thread with many inhumans and mutants." Listening to her past, it was clear that she was hiding some of the facts but that was something that he could live with, that level of trust had to be earned and they were just starting their relationship in his eyes "An Age of Apocalypse. I am assuming that Apocalypse is some sort of living disaster and from how you have described your life to date I am willing to bet he isn't one of the good guys." The name was vaguely familiar, might have cropped up on one of the old SHIELD files when Fury had been in charge but he would have to check that out as it wasn't really coming to mind yet "I am glad that the X-Men are still the heroes in your world that they are here. They are led by a good man, Charles Xavier and they have become a positive force for mutants well other than Wolverine but he has always had a few rough edges. There is so much going on in the world that any intel you can give us will be welcome but I believe there was an arrangement to share information with you as well. John has talked about it but I would like to hear your take on what you would like to see happen for you in regards to us."

PM
^
Clarice Ferguson
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 07:09 AM
35 posts
29 years old
''
Application
Blink
Mutants
Neutral

Blink could not help but smirk a bit at how accepting Coulson seemed to be with everything she was telling him. Indeed this was somewhat surprising considering his position within SHIELD for as a leader herself, or at least a former leader in regards to her team, she was well aware one needed to be open but also guarded and perhaps even a bit pessimistic when encountering the seemingly impossible. She was not sure what this world’s history was nor what this version of SHIELD had dealt with thus far so what was seemingly impossible was of course relative. Still Coulson was obviously trusting in so far as his subordinate John was concerned. John trusted her or at least he had come to trust her after seeing exactly what she could do and most especially where she had come from. This was to say the least impressive to her considering how cynical and secretive SHIELD was in most every other universe she had visited.

“Enhanced physical attributes are the most common super abilities in just about any universe it seems however I have encountered my fair share of teleporters in various dimensions. In fact I would say teleportation is one of the least impressive and bazaar of super abilities I have seen.” She admitted in response to his observation on what kind of abilities were common at least so far as they had encountered thus far. “There are beings with powers out there that can change the very fabric of reality itself if they so wish, beings that make the so called gods of Asgard and Olympus seem as powerless as us ‘mere mortals’.” She spoke the last two words with a little bit of sarcasm but on the whole her warning was serious and to the point. “I can’t say that all the things I have experienced in other worlds may exist here but it’s possible, in my experience anything is possible in fact. Gods, Demons, Magic, Aliens, Super Science they are all real. Not all of these things are threats and perhaps you may never encounter them but its best to be prepared at least for some of it.”

When he asked about Apocalypse Blink became quiet for a moment. There were many beings far more powerful than Apocalypse in the multiverse, some that could as she said literally bend reality to their desires but the Immortal Dark Lord was a special kind of evil, one that had laid low her world and turned it into a living nightmare. There were few beings in the entirety of all realities that put fear into Blink, she could count them on one hand if she tried, but among them and perhaps at the very top of the list was Apocalypse. “Apocalypse, also known as En Saba Nur, is a mutant, one who has lived since before the pyramids were built. He is virtually immortal at least in so far as he does not age, he does not get sick, he does not weaken. He rose up in my world and he conquered most of it. What he did not conquer he sought to destroy utterly and completely. My world was steeped in a decades long war between those that sided with the Dark Lord, his Chosen, and those that opposed him like the X-Men and other groups.” Thinking back to The Age of Apocalypse always brought her mood down, always made the nightmarish hell that she had suffered through come back to the forefront of her mind and made her feel the pains and fears of her childhood all over again.

She let the memories fade again as Coulson went on to explain the X-Men of this world briefly and then moved on to the arrangement that John had tenuously proposed to her and his desire to hear what she thought on the matter. “I have been to many dimensions. My ability to teleport is augmented through this…” She lifted up her arm to display the golden bracer on her forearm with its large ruby like jewel. “It’s called a Talis, think of it as a multiversal swiss army knife. One of its many functions allows me to use my power and bridge the gap between alternate realties… at least under normal circumstances. With it I and others have crossed through and visited many different realities, some very much like yours and others vastly different. I have lots of knowledge and a link to the Nexus of all Realities, a central point where all realities meet. I know things, have seen things, done things that you would not believe. For my knowledge, some of which I am willing to share with you, I would like shelter, resources and help in trying to figure out what went wrong with my powers, the port that brought me to this world and also shifted myself and your agent into my world’s past where he was injured.” She spoke matter-of-factly as she finished the fruit on her plate and sat back to look at the man who would ultimately decide her standing in this world for the foreseeable future. “I can still teleport. I assume I can even make an attempt at leaving this world and going home but because of what happened I am apprehensions. I cannot risk taking that chance until I know more about why things went so wrong in the first place. SHEILD has the resources and manpower that could help me with that. In return I provide you with information and my own abilities on a freelance basis.”

929 words | @[Phil Coulson]

L N

--------------------
user posted image
PMYIM
^
Phillip Coulson
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 09:40 PM
109 posts
53 years old
''
Application
Coulson
SHIELD
Neutral

One of the things that you get used to when you worked for SHIELD was the weirdness of the world and the things that existed in it, their work involved dealing with things on a daily basis that the world was just not ready for. When he had first come aboard, Fury had told him and his class that they would encounter things which would expand their minds or turn them into babbling idiots, that speech always made him laugh when he thought of it because it was still true even today. In a world that was constantly changing and providing surprises that no one could have anticipated, it would be organizations like SHIELD that would need to be the first line of defense and well prepared in terms of their human resources which was why he was able to take what Clarice was telling him fairly calmly, he had encountered beings from other worlds before, other times and dimensions that he didn't even know existed so as Clarice told him more about herself and what it was that she was capable of. Physical powers did seem to be the norm at least in his experience but the range of those abilities still differed in terms of how strong, how fast, how durable an individual was. John was one of the most powerful individuals he had met outside of Asgard and he was sure that he would at least give a good account of himself if he ever had to try and take down the Hulk but even then he was sure it would be a struggle.

Coulson listened carefully as she described Apocalypse, it was a name that he had heard before mentioned by John and the details of the man were still proving to be elusive. A mutant with the abilities and attitude that she was describing was definitely a threat and so he was making notes so he could follow up on what she was telling him, if En Saba Nur did exist in their world as he did in Clarice's then he was going to do everything that he could to discover where he was and to stop him before he got going. The world had enough problems without a powerful metahuman rising to try and control the entire globe, Magneto was threat enough and it wouldn't take much to push things into a full-scale war though after what had happened lately this was a war in everything but name. SHIELD had some pretty good files on individuals of power even back into history, there used to be an entire division of archaeologists who were employed by SHIELD to investigate metahuman activity in history in case they ever discovered something or someone by accident, it had happened before and it would happen again. It always seemed to be focused around Egypt which Fury had noted and wondered if there was something about the place that drew them in and so they had focused a lot of their efforts in that land.

"We will certainly start looking into this Apocalypse if he is as bad as you say we will need to be ready and with the way that the world is going at the moment I couldn't even say we would pose a significant resistance to someone like this if they were to strike. The world is divided and the heroes fractured if I were a betting man I would say that this entire thing seems too convenient, too perfect an opportunity for someone to take advantage of the chaos." It was a theory that had been floating around in his head for a while now, the entire Civil War situation just seemed to have happened too perfectly, a storm in a teacup that had escalated so quickly that people barely had time to respond let along react in any sort of informed manner. Clarice went on with her offer and what was going on with her abilities and it was certainly something that he could understand and it was an arrangement that they could get behind, SHIELD would benefit from her powers and she would be able to take advantage of their equipment and resources, he would love to get a team of engineers to look at her Talis but that was something to build up to once they had developed a good working relationship "I think that could be arranged Clarice, SHIELD doesn't have the resources it used to but we still have some technology that might be of benefit. I think it would be best if we started slow, to see if we can trust each other and then from there develop this into something that could really benefit the both of us." There was nothing wrong with taking things slow he found especially in professional relationships like this and it would do her good to see that they weren't instantly going to try and take advantage of her or the things that she could do.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
MP
X-MEN:GRANDCHILDREN OF THE ATOM [A RPG]
FLAWED GENETICS