Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Rising Star, Tag: Vertigo
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Dec 17 2017, 06:42 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I tried your way, Charles. I tried to be like them, live like them. But it always ends the same way. They took everything away from me. Now, we'll take everything from them.
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

I am no hero. Merely a man who has seen and done and endured
what can never be forgotten or forgiven.
The sound of dripping water echoed in the room as if to emphasize the sense of scope that encompassed him right now as well as the young woman with him. The place he had sculpted out of the mountain was not that large but it had been shifted by the weight of the moment and it seemed as if even the laws of physics had decided to resonate with a similar reverence for the scope of his endeavor. He had been most surprised when Logan had called him with a phrase that he had prayed would never be uttered by that man, it had been a part of their agreement that if that message was relayed then he would come. He could say many things about the Wolverine to be sure but he was not one to reach out for assistance needlessly, the situation must be truly dire if he was forced to extend his hand out to him given their history and it also meant that Charles had been taken out of the equation. One did not simply walk into the Xavier Institute with the intentions that those Army units had without removing the most dangerous and effective safeguard that they had, Charles himself. Charles had one great weakness and that was his belief in the rules of society and his unwillingness to make the hard decisions, his hope in humanity had always been a weakness that he could not afford and it seemed that someone had decided that it was time to exploit that.

The school was going to have to function without Charles for now but with either Scott or Logan looking after the next generation, he was free to look towards the future which was why he secured the young woman laying in front of him. He had seen her being taken down by Wolverine but she had put up a fight and from what he had intercepted from their communications she was one of their agents. Her bleeding out would have been of little consequence to him but he needed Intelligence before he moved on Washington because when he went there the entire world would know it and he was going to need all the information that he could. Half measures were never his mainstay but he lacked the resources that he used to have, resources that could have gathered the information that he needed but given that had been removed from him, he was going to have to become creative. Using his power, he had slowed her bleeding enough to get her to his secured location and had administrated medical treatment. They were going to have a discussion and if that was going to happen then the young woman in question had to be in a condition to give those answers but he had been monitoring her progress and he was beginning to suspect that she had an enhanced healing factor.

Having spent some time around Wolverine, he was more than familiar with healing factors and she was healing at a faster rate than any normal person would. There had been those metahumans fighting on the side of the military, traitors all perhaps she was one of them. It wouldn't be the first time that the military had recruited metahumans to do their dirty work, Wolverine was a classic example of that way of thinking. There were so many organizations that took advantage of their people that both he and Charles had agreed that it needed to be stopped, Charles believed in his dream and the X-Men whereas he had other views, other methods that proved to be far more effective. The truth of the matter was that he couldn't do this on his own, he was going to have to start recruiting to bring allies on his side, metahumans had enemies everywhere and if they were going to survive what was coming next they were going to have to be united. With Charles gone he was hoping to secure the talents of some of his X-Men, they were already trained and with some simple readjusting to their thinking could become valued members of his cause. All of that could wait though as he opened one of his favorite books "The Once and Future King." Glancing at the young woman slumbering on the bed, he wondered when she would awake as he remembered an old quote from Shakespeare "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. Sleep gently for now, you have many answers that I have need of."

Vertigo
Notes here!
PMEmail
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 01:55 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

And the vision that was planted in my brain

Still remains, within the sound of silence.
Cold. Even in her dreams it was cold. The metal of the table was freezing. She was disoriented. The lights kept flashing by over head as she was wheeled past them. And the talking. Everyone was so loud. Not verbally but in their minds. The thoughts mixed with words spoken aloud. Technological jargon she didn't fully understand. They thought she was asleep. But who were they? And where was she? She couldn't move her legs. They were fixed down to whatever table they were wheeling her around on. Her right hand too was fixed firmly down. But the left. They had thought her asleep and hadn't fixed it quite tight enough... if she slipped it just right... but when? They came to a stop in some kind of operating room. There were people around thoughts buzzing like flies. Danger. A nurse reached across to put an IV into her arm. In a flurry of motion she slipped the bond and grabbed the nurse by the throat. Her terror and confusion poured into one single telepathic jolt of power. She could vividly remember the feeling as a dozen tranquilizer shots went into her, as she saw the man's eyeballs and nose bleed and consciousness slipped away.

On the bed in the cave Vertigo thrashed in her sleep. Her nightmares a mess of the fragments of memories her body no longer knew where to find or how to access. A cursory glance to the area around the bed may have given indication as to just how fitful her sleep was, with visible distortions in the air around the bed from the psionic nightmares she was having. As she was knocked out in the dream, she sat bolt upright in the bed, panting and drenched in sweat. It took a few moments as her eyes adjusted to the dimness, then her ears to the drip of water. A few more to realize that there was another person in the room, given his thoughts provided no tell-tale buzz of presence.

She sat up and looked at him quizzically for a long moment. “It's quiet in here. You're quiet.” she said simply. “Wherever here is.” The nightmare's disorientation was wearing off and she was beginning to remember when she had lost consciousness. A massive battle. She pulled back the covers and looked down at her abdomen where Weapon X had stabbed her. The wounds were still there, but already beginning to heal. “I should be dead. The last thing I remember is Weapon X putting his claws into me...” she trailed off. She had no illusions about being able to take Weapon X. She was an exceptionally well trained operative with impressive powers, but he was in a completely different class. “You want something from me.” she finished simply. There was no fear in her voice. It was a simple statement of fact.

To: Magneto || Words: 479 || Notes: HELLO!
girlwhowaited @ (​shine)(cttw)
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 05:04 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I tried your way, Charles. I tried to be like them, live like them. But it always ends the same way. They took everything away from me. Now, we'll take everything from them.
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

There was a certain style of thought that was required to achieve the dreams that he had, a facility of understanding that meant you were able to see the larger picture and the terrible path woven towards it by destiny. There were those who claimed not to believe in it simply hadn't lived long enough to know better, he and Charles were such men as was Logan though his experiences had tainted that but someone with his capabilities he would be quite the ally if he could be shown that Charles dream was too narrow and that for their kind to truly be free, they needed to expand their vision. That was one of the reasons that he had decided to save the young woman when he had noticed her bleeding out at the school, Logan had left his mark as usual but with his abilities preventing her blood loss was simple until he could get her back here where he discovered that she had a healing factor that was restoring her. It certainly wasn't as fast as Wolverines but most who had this ability could come close to Logan's legendary regenerative properties. From what he had observed, the Government had deployed metahumans and counter metahuman tactics when they assaulted the school and more importantly they had neutralized Charles which was no small feat. No one would get close to that school if Charles was there and the fact that this attack was somewhat successful was proof enough that something had been done about his friend and he was going to discover what that was.

To do that he was going to need information and initially he was going to question the young woman until she decided it was in her best interest to cooperate but once he saw her healing factor that approach had changed. She was one of them and as such deserved to be treated with respect, long ago he had learned that there was a strength in unity and in that could be found a strength that nothing could sunder, history was proof of that. She started to come around and so Erik took a seat beside her so that she could become accustomed to his presence and it wasn't a surprise that she should remember Logan's encounter with her, the feral Wolverine quite often left an indelible impression on people "Quiet, yes that is an adequate description of your surroundings. I have assisted you while you took care of yourself. My name is Erik and you and I have many things to discuss but first, here." Erik reached over and picked up a tray of food that he had put together "Here, you must be hungry after that. We can speak later but for now gather your strength, you do no one any good lying here." With that he rose and went to leave the room to give her a moment to gather herself "When you are ready, come into the main room just on the other side of those doors, I shall be there waiting." With that, he turned and walked out of the room so that she could have a few moments before she joined him. This was one of the residential rooms and there were holographic windows here that simulated an outside environment, just one of the many places that he had established over the years in case he had need of a secondary base. The view was amazing and gave the impression that they were on top of a mountain rather than beneath the Earth and while he waited, Erik walked over to his piano and started to play one of his favorite pieces of music Mariage D'amoure by Paul de Senneville, years of long practice came back to him as the soft tone of the piano started to echo in the room as Erik played.

Vertigo
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 11:53 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

It was difficult to experience the simultaneous sensations of nausea and ravenous hunger that Vertigo felt as she was presented with food. Her body needed sustenance. All the damaged cells needed to be replaced. But something else had been purged from her system with the injuries. In the moments after regaining consciousness she hadn't realized it, mostly because there hadn't been any pesky thoughts she had to shut out, but the medication she used to keep her powers under control was gone from her system. She had always kept spare cartridges of the substance in her belt, along with the spare ammunition for her weapon. But she sincerely doubted that would simply be returned to her with no questions asked. Still the hunger won out over the nausea with nothing left in her system to purge. She looked to turn to thank this Erik, but found he had already stepped outside the door.

She took a few minutes and ate the food. It was slower than her hunger would have liked as each bite was a struggle against her own nausea. As she ate the whole of the situation came into clearer and clearer focus. She remembered the fight at the mansion. The X-men's insistence that they were no threat while they hid a paramilitary group under the skirts of children. How the celebrity Johnny Storm had put up a wall of flame, leaving what might have been resolved peacefully as most certainly an armed conflict. Trying to neutralize a telepath who was clearly in an all-together different class than Vertigo was. Ultimately resorting to driving a motorcycle into her. The battle had gone completely sideways. People were down all over the field. They were losing the conflict and had unleashed a non-lethal irritant to try and disperse the crowd. Then she'd been stabbed by Weapon X and everything had gone dark. Normally an asset like her would have been something they'd have been keen to retrieve. But since they lost... would anyone even know she was missing and not among the dead? And what of this Erik. He admitted as much that he wanted something from her. But what was it? Normally she might read his surface thoughts to gain some kind of inkling of what he wanted, but either her powers weren't working or he had some way of blocking her from reading him. Was this how they indoctrinated people into their super-powered cult? She could only speculate. But the one thing was clear, at the moment Erik held all the cards.

Vertigo carefully set the tray of food aside and ventured through the door to where Erik sat, playing the piano. The music was beautiful. She didn't often get to sit and enjoy a nice view and music. She waited a while, not interrupting his playing until the song was over before she spoke. “You play beautifully, Erik. I wanted to thank you for the food... and saving my life. Didn't seem right to interrupt your playing.”

To: Magneto || Words: 500 || Notes: HELLO!
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 05:36 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

The music was one of his favorite pieces, his mother had taught him the piano and it was one of the few things that reminded him of her despite all of the years and the traumatic things that had happened to him in his life. That was something that Charles had given him, he had forgotten about all of that until Charles had shown him that one bright spot left in his mind back when they had both been fighting for the same cause, it was a beautiful gift and one that he would never be able to repay his old friend for. It was true that he and Charles had taken different paths but there was no one that he respected more and if there was anyone to whom he would ever seek advice from or assistance it was Charles Xavier and as he thought about the young woman he had recovered from the field he wondered if Charles would approve. She had taken on Logan and lost which wasn't unusual but he had noticed that her wounds weren't bleeding like they should but she was with the Government which meant that she would be able to provide him answers. Charles was missing and the Government had him, it was the only explanation for why they would hit the school, there was no way that they would risk going there when the world's most powerful psi talent lived there. It just made strategic sense and if he was going to find Charles without ripping the Capitol building out by the foundations then he had to use more covert means.

The young lady walked out, she looked confused and a little scared which given the situation wasn't that surprising but she was keeping remarkably calm. She also seemed to be enjoying the music which was nice, she had good taste which wasn't something that you found in this generation "Please have a seat, it isn't often that I have company but I try to be polite to my guests when I have them." He continued to play while they spoke together, he didn't need to watch the keys not any more "I am glad you enjoyed the food though, from the looks of you it has been a while since you had a good meal and there aren't that many people that can say that they have had a close encounter with Wolverine and survived to tell the tale, tell me how are you feeling?" Logan was many things but he wasn't sloppy and if he was trying to kill you usually you didn't walk away which meant that she was gifted and if so she was one of them, not the simpering apes that were trying to kill them. Glancing over at one of the tables, a metal jug and two goblets floated over to them and he poured them both a drink as he continued to play and once the goblets were full, he floated one of them over to Vertigo "Would you care for a drink? It is a nice red wine, a little light and good for the constitution. I always enjoy a glass or two in the afternoon and perhaps afterwards when you are settled we can talk, I have many questions for you."

Vertigo
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 02:55 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

The moment was surreal and Vertigo didn't really know what to make of it. She wasn't used to being spoken to unless someone wanted something. Wasn't used to just talking. She didn't even give the invitation to sit a second thought. She took a seat and listened as Erik played. It was so strange, so unlike anything else she could ever remember experiencing that it left her spellbound. Who was this man and why was he treating her like this? He had to be involved with the metahumans. He wasn't with the government. Cause the government, while she'd never considered their treatment of her 'mistreatment' never talked to her like this. But most of the metahumans, even the Avengers, had sided against the government at the Institute. So why was he being nice to her?

He asked how she was feeling. And the question in of itself just seemed bizarre. She'd had the question before, sure... usually in the context of doctors asking her during an exam involving some kind of test. But now... well it was just strange. “I... I'm doing better than I should be. I'd never suffered quite an injury like Weapon X inflicted before. The odd stabbing or gunshot wound sure. Once I regrew an entire set of tonsils. But I'm not sure I would have made it without help, in spite of my healing abilities.” she paused not sure if she should ask but ultimately deciding that the worst thing he could do to the request is say no. “There is one thing. I take a medication... I had a supply of it in my pouch. It helps me control my abilities. But I also get really sick without it. Side effects. But if you have the pouch with the medication in it... I know you have no reason to trust me but I can already feel the nausea setting in and it's only gonna get worse from there.”

She couldn't help but widen her eyes in wonder as the glass floated in her direction, unsupported through the air. She'd seen a fair few others with powers before, but never met a telekinetic. Or however it was that Erik was accomplishing this. She took the glass and said, “Thank you.” before taking a sip of the wine. She appreciated the cool and rich flavor. She'd had wine before but it was always part of some mission or cover before, never just to enjoy it or for the flavor or health benefit of the beverage. It was nice. Restful. Pleasant. And she couldn't help but wait for the other shoe to drop. She felt like she was indulging in some kind of forbidden luxury meant for other people, and any moment now she'd be caught. She wanted to know what Erik wanted from her... but also didn't want to disrupt the positive rapport they'd developed thus far.

To: Magneto || Words: 481 || Notes: HELLO!
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 06:09 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

Erik was watching her intently as she spoke, one of the many skills that he had picked up over the years was how to read body language and right now her entire being was screaming that she was confused and afraid. That wasn't unusual given her situation but he wanted to talk to her and discover more about her and her history, metahumans were like many people who had been victimized by the people around them just like the Jews and just like them, metahumanity had started to band together for mutual protection. That was the key to survival when you were a minority and organisms throughout the millennia had discovered and one of the lessons that he had learned was that the military would make use of those that were different to promote their agenda which was what he felt had happened to this young woman. He had discovered her left behind by the military forces as they had withdrawn from the area, he wasn't surprised, they spoke of how no one is left behind but that only counted for normals, they were evidently expendable which was just another reason why metahumans had to look to their own for care and support. That was what Charles had gotten right with his X-Men, he had always led by force of personality and while that had served him well Charles had created a family within the X-Men and now he had students who would do anything they had to in order to see Charles' dream realized.

"Logan does leave an impression especially with those claws of his but he is hardly subtle. Your healing abilities are impressive to be certain, I am sure that if you had to, you would have survived your injuries. As for your medication, let me get that for you." He had left her gear in a footlocker in the other room, with a slight touch of concentration he bought out her locker and placed it down next to her "All of your possessions are in that locker, if you need more of it I am sure that we can find it for you and now we should get you something to eat." Standing up from his piano, he motioned for her to follow him into another room where they had food stored and opening up a fridge, he started to grab some ingredients together for something to cook for them both after all he was a little hungry. This was a part of his skill set that others rarely saw, his ability to cook, something he had also picked up over the years "I hope you like eggs, something quick and filling." Erik cracked in the eggs into the bowl and started to whisk them while he added in some cream "Would you grab some spring onions, tomato and some dill weed please?" As the mixture started to come together, he glanced at the oven and it turned on and the gas turned up "So, while we are cooking, I never asked your name young lady? My name is Erik as I said but there are those that call me Magneto and I am a mutant. Do you know who you are?" It wasn't that stupid of a question either, Weapon X had stolen Logan's memories after all and he wanted to see how much of a personality he had to work with as he splashed some Olive Oil into the pan now that it was hot along with a touch of butter for taste.

Vertigo
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 05:00 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

Just like that and he'd provided her with her medication. She had been sure that if he wanted something, and she was sure he had to want something, he would have saved it till after he got what he wanted. But no. He just brought it out for her without so much as a wave of his hand. She wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. With the rate she'd had to heal she doubted there was any of the medication left in her system at all. She collected only a small vial of the medication and pulled back her hair, revealing a small shunt in the base of her neck. A few drops of the liquid burned as they went down, but the effect was almost instantaneous. She drew in a breath and closed her eyes. Her muscles relaxed slightly. She pocketed the rest of the vial already feeling the drug taking hold.

She didn't give following Erik a second thought as he lead her into the kitchen. She nodded in response to the question about liking eggs. They were a common protein source in her time with the government. Cheap and healthy. But not prepared like this. She had no problem fetching the various ingredients that Erik suggested. Little did he know that the 10 minutes after she took her medication was when she was the most suggestible. Very little would have seemed an odd request to her, much less the perfectly reasonable things he was asking of her. And with her nausea gone, the eggs smelled fantastic.

“Well I don't remember my birth name. If that's what you mean. I mostly go by Vertigo, or Agent Vertigo when you want to be official. I'm a mutant, too. Well technically an augmented mutant. I don't remember it, but they tell me I suffered some kind of injury, and the only way they could save my life was an experimental genetic re-sequencing process. It's why I heal so well... and am always in good shape. I understand they used material from Weapon X himself for the graft. Though clearly it doesn't work as well as his. Part of why I'm actually something of a fan of his. He doesn't know it but he's saved my life more than once.”

Of course she didn't realize that not all of what she had said was entirely true. Sure she believed every word of it. But it wasn't as if they would readily admit their guilt, especially not to one of their victims who was easier to control this way.

To: Magneto || Words: 432 || Notes: HELLO!
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 09:37 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

It was interesting using the approach that Charles had recommended over the years, he had always been the one advocating using honey to attract people rather than the more direct methods that he had used over the years. This was a war and it was a war that would come to them regardless of what anyone did because that was evolution, cro magnon vs the neanderthal was proof of that and soon it would be homo-sapiens vs homo-superior and in that fight it was just a genetic certainty that they would win because they had all of the advantages but that didn't mean that they would win within a cost. Erik had time to observe some of the metahumans involved in the defense of the school and there were several that caught his eye, with powers that made them prime targets for recruitment or potential opponents to be dealt with but that was something that he could deal with a little later on. The war was still in the future and while they were closing in on it, they weren' there yet and Erik intended to use his time wisely bringing together force so that when humanity decided that they had finally had enough of metahumanity, that they would be prepared and that the war would come out on their side, there was no other option. Both he and Charles had debated this issue back and forth of the years, Charles would be the perfect person to bring to his cause but his arguments of co-existence were blinding him to the simple truth that co-existence was a false dream shared with children that couldn't see that the world was a hostile place and that the only way to survive was through strength. It was a philosophy that had served him well over the years and now having realized the mistakes that he had made, it would be the philosophy that would shape the Brotherhood that he was bringing together.

Finishing their meal, Erik buttered some toast and served them on two plates before motioning for Vertigo to follow him into a side room where he took his meals and so he set the table before the two of them "Please sit down Vertigo." It was plain the road that she had taken was similar to Logan's and so at least he was familiar with the terrain, the removal of memory was a common tactic and one that he hated because it stripped a person of their sense of self. The same would be done to all of them one day if the elements in Government opposed to them had their way about things, that was an agenda that he would fight against until his dying breath, pausing to say a moment's grace, Erik started on his meal before continuing with their conversation "It would seem that you have been used my dear, used as a weapon to promote an agenda that isn't in your best interests. They did the same thing to Logan, I was there when Charles Xavier pieced him back together mentally, they didn't use a lot of finesse when they ripped his identity away from him but he has taken it back which means that you could do the same. As for the experimenting, well that is something that I have some experience with myself and it is something that I am absolutely opposed to, that is one of the reasons that I brought you here. I saw you healing but for some reason, you were on the side of people that wants to enslave you and your fellow mutants like myself so I wanted to ask you why you would do so. It seems however that question seems to have been answered already. You are as much of a victim as Logan was but now you have a chance to shake off those shackles if you are of a mind, but I talk too much. You are bound to be hungry, please eat before you food gets cold, there is plenty of it and drink so please eat your fill and rest, we can always discuss these things later."

Vertigo
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 01:51 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

It was a lot to take in. As Vertigo sat down at the table with Magneto to have some breakfast. Even after having eaten not too long before, she was starving. Her body looking to replace the nutrients from the drastic healing it had undergone. And this was Magneto. THE Magneto. She'd read a dossier on him during her training. The man was a legend. And dangerous. Explained why she couldn't sense his thoughts, certainly. But he was being kind to her. Why? To what purpose? She didn't know. But she took some time to attack the eggs and toast before responding.

“I think I understand what you're trying to do.” she said finally. “And I'm trying to understand your perspective. But I have a rather healthy dose of skepticism. And the fact of the matter is I can't prove what you're saying or what I have been told one way or the other. You say that I was used and experimented on. They told me I was dieing and they pulled me back from the brink of death.” she sighed and took a sip of the drink in front of her. “They say a lot of things about you, too. Not particularly complimentary things. But you've been kind to me. And I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. But both can't be true. And I'm just trying to... reason through and figure this out.”

She paused a moment... remembering the nightmare she'd woken from not too long ago. It wasn't her first nightmare like that. Snapshots that seemed so vivid that didn't seem to have a place they fit in with anything else she remembered. Snapshots that sometimes felt more real than the memories she did have. Her training told her she should just dismiss this man. Use him till she could find a way out and get back to her old life. But that nagging dream and the fact that his story made just as much sense as the other one gave her pause.

Her files back at the base would have the answers. The classified ones that she'd never be able to get access to. Not that it was likely that Erik would just let her walk out just like that. And even if he did, if he was right they wouldn't give her that information that incriminated themselves. They'd probably have some kind of doctored record. All her training... all her tactical analysis and planning told her plenty about how she might get access to the information... but at the moment the point was moot.

“You said Weap... Logan...” she said catching herself and correcting to use his name. “You said Logan went through something similar.” she paused considering how to phrase the question. “Did he ever have... dreams? Vivid and realistic dreams that he couldn't place where they came from. Dreams almost like memories?” It wasn't much to go on, but it was something. Though she wished she could sense whether Erik was lying or not to confirm what he was saying.

To: Magneto || Words: 512 || Notes: HELLO!
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 15 2018, 07:06 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

The meal was proving to be a hit as he watched Vertigo consume her food like it was nothing but air, given her healing factor he was willing to bet that she needed the energy but even more than that he was sure that she hadn't gotten a decent meal in a long time. From what she was saying and from what he had learned from Stryker's files, the units that were made of metahumans weren't treated as anything more than weapons and people like her and Logan were seen as merely tools and most people never bothered to treat their tools well, which was their mistake. Erik had always seen tools as things to be cared for as they tended to last longer and fail on you less which was always a wise practice at least he had found, it was a theory that could be carried over to people as well but that was still something that he was learning to master, people had a tendency to be stupid and stupidity was one of the things that he could not abide. That was one of the reasons that Logan had gotten away, the people controlling him had stopped fearing him, they became sloppy and when the opportunity came for him to escape he had taken it, slaughtering everyone around him and becoming an enemy that you would never want hunting you. Logan was one of the few individuals that had earned his respect, he wouldn't say fear as a man with metal on his bones was not a threat to the Master of Magnetism but that didn't mean that he would underestimate him either, that sort of thinking was how many of Logan's enemies in the past had met their ends and he had no plans on replicating that level of stupidity.

She was being careful of course, which was to be expected and the fact that he had been discussed wasn't that much of a surprise either, there would have been briefings about the more dangerous members of their community, in fact he would expect nothing less "Its all about perspective my dear, here you are free to leave whenever you like. You are not my captive, you are my guest and any questions that you would like to ask I will do my best to answer. I think if you consider that for a moment and compare that against the people that have held you and used you so far, you will see the difference. All I am trying to have here is a conversation, much like Logan you have a lot in your past that I doubt you remember, Weapon X tends to strip memories away and implant things into your mind to make you a better weapon. I know that Logan still has nightmares about the things done to him by that group, you don't have Adamantium bonded to your bones on a molecular level without leaving some damage but much like you, Logan is a survivor, its bred into him thanks to his mutant gift. That is what our abilities are you know, a gift that will help us survive the oppression we face now and allow us to see a better tomorrow. Now eat up, there is plenty there and it seems as if you will need your strength." Erik placed a mushroom into his mouth and savoured the taste, he loved mushrooms and waited to see if Vertigo had any more questions which she was bound to have, he was also thinking about finding her a name, everyone deserved a name at the very least and this girl seemed to have had more taken from her than most.

Vertigo
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 04:00 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

Vertigo continued to eat the breakfast. She wasn't much one for savoring her food. Indeed the food she'd been exposed to was prepared with far more a mind to putting exactly the dietary requirements into the person in question and less into the flavor or texture that produced. Still, by comparison this was gourmet. And she tried her best to slow down and just enjoy it. But she found she was full of questions.

“I'm trying to wrap my head around what you said about the Program using me against my own interests. But the truth is, I don't even know what my own interests are.” she paused a moment as she searched for the words. “I've tried to think back to my time with the Program... to find an example to prove you wrong. And what I've found as I wrack my memory is that all the major decisions were made for me. Don't get me wrong... I made tactical decisions in the field. But even those were according to the training they gave me. They made me. And I find it difficult to even attempt to define myself outside those terms... I just don't have any experience outside of them to judge it by.”

She sighed and kneaded her knuckles into her forehead for a moment, considering. She certainly wasn't typically the type to get lost in existential quandaries. But then again she typically wasn't one to question authority. Even here a small part of her half expected to find some kind of discipline against her for the sheer audacity of it. But no, she'd been abandoned for dead. She had her liberty to go wherever she wanted. Do whatever she wanted now. And she hadn't the faintest idea what she even wanted to do with it.

To: Magneto || Words: 300 || Notes: HELLO!
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 11:18 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

It was clear to him watching Vertigo that she wasn't used to such fare when it came to her food, places like HYDRA and Weapon X never cared for things like that but he found that when it came to discussing important matters, it usually went better over some good food. There was a nervous energy about her which wasn't surprising given that she was just emerging from a traumatic situation, Logan never did leave the best impressions and it wouldn't have helped the situation that she woke up in a strange place with very little in terms of reference but that couldn't be helped. Erik wondered if she understood that if she had or still might be a security risk then she wouldn't leave this facility alive, it wasn't a risk that he was willing to entertain but it was also one that he wouldn't choose lightly. Unlike Charles, he was not one to trust in the angels of someone's nature and so he provided opportunity and allowed their actions to dictate their future. He could see that she was struggling to understand her situation which was a good sign, it was a difficult thing to fight against the conditioning, the mental abuse that she had been subjected to, it would be impossible to understand the physical trauma that she had been through because of her healing factor but the mental wounds were going to take a while for her to even begin to understand let alone process but they could deal with that when they got to that step.

It was when she said they made her that he put his fork down, glancing over at his helmet which sat gleaming on a nearby table, the memories it invoked of young mutants who wanted to shape their own destinies made him feel a terrible rage that this young woman felt that her life had been shaped by those monsters. "They never made you, they used you, they turned you into a thing. You never made decisions because you never had a choice to begin with, that was what they forced you to become Vertigo." Erik rose and the smoke of his anger seemed to weave itself around him like a gloom obscuring the sun "They didn't even give you a name, just a designation even animals get names but we are seen as less than even that. Just base creatures to be used like weapons, they left you behind when they collected their other homo sapiens, no they never made you Vertigo, they used you." Erik's jaw clenched from the barely contained anger that burned inside him and several metallic objects near him started to rattle as if they were responding to him sympathetically. There was nothing that angered him more than seeing young mutants and metahumans used as weapons because of their gifts, he had seen such actions before and never again would it be allowed to happen if he could help it or if it did then consequences would fall and they would find no mercy from him because none would be deserved.

Vertigo
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
Vertigo
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 06:33 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Agent
Occupation
uninterested
Relationship Status
Xaos
Alias
Mutants
Pro Registration

Before she finished speaking, Vertigo got the sense that she'd said something wrong. But it was too late to take it back. It was as if the entire world around them was vibrating. In fact it was only the metal in the room that was vibrating, but that was enough of their surroundings to give anyone pause. As the random assortment of objects around them began to hover off the ground, the question of what to do raced through Vertigo's head. Instinct took over and she did the only thing she could think of.

She reached out her hand for his, and with that physical contact projected ~Please, calm down.~ into his mind. It wasn't a command. It was a request. However the contact itself proved to have an unintended side effect. The strong emotions that Erik was feeling regarding her claim that they had made her came flooding into Vertigo. It was disjointed. In spurts and flashes. Images from the 1940s in the camps. Piano lessons with his mother. A scene standing over the ruins of Krakow, swearing never again. Building the mansion with Charles. A series of missiles shot back at the ships in Cuba. All the images came from Erik in a jumbled series, each so heavily laced with his absolute resolution and determination that he would never let something like this happen again.

But the images didn't just flow one way. Mixed in were Vertigo's own memories. And even snippets from her nightmares or perhaps from times and places she could not place. A flash from her in her early teens trying to get away from the voices that followed wherever she went. The nightmare of her trapped on the gurney. Snippets from the painful experiments. The endless hours of training. A flash of her first mission out, where they used a command phrase to force her to shoot a little boy with one of those icer rounds. A rapid succession of other images from other missions. And the constant succession of experiments and treatments all designed to keep her mind clean and compliant, to keep her powers under control.

It took a great force of will to pull her hand away. Gasping and panting she yanked it back to herself. “I'm sorry. That's... never happened before. I only hoped to help you calm down... never meant to... I can't always control what my powers do. I didn't... hurt you... did I?”

To: Magneto || Notes: HELLO!
PM
^
Erik Lehnsherr
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 05:06 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Mutants
Anti Registration

The room shook with his rage, the images of his memories flashing before his eyes as he recalled so many of his friends and fellow mutants whose lives were ended by organizations like Weapon X, HYDRA, and the World's Governments. Perhaps that was why he saw himself so clearly in the role of savor because his people had always believed in one but he had never come, it would be easy to allow such thoughts to pollute your mind but he had no such delusions. Mutants and other metahumans were simply the next step forward in evolution, it is scientific fact that organisms obeyed the rule of Evolution and that the next generation was almost always stronger, better than the one that had come before. Nature designed the perfect system to ensure that life continued regardless of circumstance and while it took time, sometimes evolution took a giant step forward which was where Homo Superior came in. This was where he and Charles differed and where they would always differ, their people were being treated like they were animals and instead of turning the other cheek, Erik believed in the clenched fist perhaps that was why he saw this situation with Vertigo as an unforgivable sin. They had taken this young woman and denied her the future she deserved, to be the person that she was meant to be because she had powers that they deemed useful. That was really all it came down to for them, that they were objects, weapons to be used as they wished and then to be discarded when they were done with them, he had been on the receiving end of men like that before.

Then Vertigo touched his hand and tried to calm him telepathically, having been Charles' friend for so many years he was more than familiar with what a telepathic probe felt like and the psionic surge between them was strong. He saw her memories, the things they did to her, the feelings they engendered and how confused she was. She was so lost, unable to understand the situation she found herself in or what it meant because she had never experienced freedom before and now that she had it, he could feel her fear. The room slowly stopped shaking and he could feel a sense of calm come upon him and that was a surprise but still, there was a protocol about this sort of thing and being that she had never been taught there was an obligation for him to teach her. Taking her hand from him, he held it for a moment as he looked her in the eyes "I appreciate what you did my dear but there is a rule that all telepaths have which you must follow. You must never enter someone's mind without their permission who is one of us, the people out there don't deserve our concern but with us, you must always respect our privacy. People are fearful of telepaths because they can do away with trust and trust in ourselves can be all that keeps the wolves at bay. Now, I believe I made my point they did not make you but believe me they will regret what they have done to you Vertigo on that you have my word. Now, I have asked you a few questions, do you have any for me?"

Vertigo
Notes here!

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates