Welcome
Welcome to Age of Heroes, an MCU role playing site where we are following the story of Civil War and beyond. In this universe mutants exist and the X-Men are having into discover their place in a world where fear is growing daily, the Avengers strive to hold the line against aliens and metahumans alike and SHIELD fights for the freedom of all. Adventure and daring are promised and we invite you to come aboard and discover what lies ahead in an Age of Heroes.
Staff
Taha
Xaos
Everest
Green
Nat
Spotlights
Mark
Credits
Many thanks and all praises to Everest, our coding Senpai whose efforts, talent and skill are recognised and appreciated. We recognise the Intellectual property rights to Marvel and Marvel Entertainment for use of their characters and their likenesses, also the rights of the writers whose content is kept and appreciated here.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

Neutral Ground, Tag: Tony Stark
Steve Rogers
 Posted: May 30 2018, 07:48 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

My job is to make tomorrow's world better. Always has been.

Steve had to admit that he wasn't sure about doing this as he waited here for Tony to arrive, Logan had come to him with a revelation about an old friend that he had believed long dead. Phil Coulson, the Agent of SHIELD who had been in charge of defrosting him and had a somewhat strange attraction to him that had made him a little uncomfortable at first. He knew that it wasn't anything like that it was just more of that hero worship that he had a problem with but if it wasn't for Phil Coulson there was a good chance that the AVENGERS wouldn't have gotten their act together in time to save New York but he had always done right by them and he had grown to become a friend. His death had weighed heavily on him so to hear that he was back and not only was he back but wanted a meeting with him had set off alarm bells in his head until Logan had assured him that he was the real deal, that he had worked with Coulson a few times now. If anything that much had hurt, the knowledge that he had been back working with allies of his and had not reached out to them and apparently he came with a request from Tony to meet and so he had taken the meeting taking Logan along just to make sure that everything was on the up and up.

The meeting itself had taken place on top of one of the many sky scrappers that dominated the New York skyline and there for the first time in nearly four years he saw Phil Coulson. Logan confirmed it was him, not some sort of droid, shapeshifter or anything else that could impersonate his old friend and they had spoken for a good long time because before he did anything, Steve wanted answers about why Coulson hadn't gotten in touch with him when he had returned and he wouldn't discuss anything else until that happened, that was his price. And so Coulson had no choice but to oblige him, telling him about Project Tahiti, Fury's secret project to revive a fallen AVENGER using recovered alien technology, it was so completely amazing and totally something he would expect from Fury. Coulson's excuses that he needed to be able to operate without drawing attention didn't sit well with him either, he and the others all had a right to know that Coulson was alive and kicking but he had made his choices and Steve told him straight that he would have to live with the consequences but he would listen to what he had to say. Tony had sided with them during the attack on the Xavier Institute, apparently storming a school was beyond what Tony would call reasonable and so he had left AVENGERS Tower, transferred his assets overseas and was now in hiding as he had made a lot of enemies because of his decision to stand with them at the school.

If nothing else, the fact that Tony had made the right call when it counted showed Steve that the man that he respected was still under that arrogant shell that he wore to protect him from the world. Now he wanted to meet and Logan had advised against it but he had to go and Tony knew that he would as well because he knew Steve and the fact that Steve still had faith in people even him. So against everyone's advice Steve told Coulson to arrange the meeting but that he would choose the place, somewhere that he felt that they could both meet on neutral ground and he had just the place in mind Fort Sumter, Charleston, South Carolina. Steve was a history buff always had been and the Civil War was a passion and of course there was the nod to the fact that the media was calling this time in American History their second Civil War was not lost on him. They would both have plenty of avenues for escape, good sight lines but plenty of open spaces so that no one could position snipers and best of all it was a low tech area so in that both of them would be at the disadvantage. Coulson agreed to pass on the location for the meet along with a promise for the two of them to catch up properly soon, Steve took a Quinjet to the location and had set the time for the meet around Midnight so that they wouldn't be disturbed by visitors. It was a cool evening but it was Summer now and the nights were typically not that cold, there wasn't anyone around right now and so Steve waited for Tony to arrive so they could have the chat that he wanted.

tag: Tony Stark
words: 725 WORDS

note:
PMAIM
^
Tony Stark
 Posted: May 30 2018, 07:57 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
I am Iron Man. The Suit and I are one.
Species
Avenger
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

I am Iron Man
the suit and I are one
"You have an interesting choice in places to meet," came the lone voice, from the dark. Tony had gotten the memo about where Steve wanted to meet and it was just about as far away from any action as one could hope for, which suited him just fine. He hadn't even bothered showing up in the suit, he was just walking around in his street clothes, the only thing standing out being the soft glow coming from his chest. Typical for Tony Stark though different since he'd had the Arc reactor removed from his chest a couple years ago. Iron Man was here, but he wasn't exactly looking like Iron Man. A sign of good faith maybe, Tony wasn't much of a match against Steve without his armor.

"Fort Sumter, famous for being the starting battle of the Civil War. Taken over by the Confederates, held through the war until General Sherman came through burning everything. Poetic, I'd say," he said as he approached the Super Soldier, his eyes looking around the monument to American military might. "Good to see you, Steve. I'm sure you had the same reaction I did to finding out Coulson's still alive and never told anyone." It was a big deal all things considered, Coulson's sacrifice had been what focused the original six to become the Avengers. Sad to say it was all built on a lie.

"Thanks for coming out. You certainly didn't have to." Tony wanted to ask how life was as a fugitive, but he supposed he was one too at this point so doing so seemed unnecessary.

? ? ?
PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: May 30 2018, 10:11 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

While he waited for Tony to arrive, it gave him a moment to consider the location that he had chosen for the meeting. There was a lot of their Nation's history tied up in this place and after all that had happened between the two of them, the sundering of the AVENGERS and the divisions formed in their country it did seem as if history was repeating itself. It had been hard for him to imagine before all of this being a Commanding General in the Union Army and then switching his allegiance when the Confederacy declared their Independence from the Union, as far as he had been concerned America was one country and the leading light for freedom in the world. Of course, he never really mentioned that because the last thing that he wanted was to give the others more reason to tease him about his outdated beliefs but his view points on his country had never changed despite of all of his experiences. But the Superhuman Registration Act had changed his view of things, the country that he believed was fundamentally good had taken a position that he believed was against the Constitution and everything that he and every other soldier had ever fought for when they served their Country and answered its call to arms. There was nearly nothing in that document that he could agree with but there were aspects that he thought were worth exploring, there had to be controls, there had to be methods available to look after people injured in their actions or who lost property but the SRA wasn't it and the Accords being looked at in the UN were just as bad which was why he had taken his position, it was unfortunate that Tony had taken the position he had but at least he could respect that. Taking a stand regardless of the outcome was always difficult and you had to appreciate that even if you didn't believe as they did.

He turned when he heard Tony's voice, he had expected him to come flying out of the night sky in his ever familiar Iron Man armor but he had just stepped out of the darkness in just his suit which was saying something. It had to be a gesture as he knew that there was no way he was his match physically which did put him at ease to be honest, the last thing that he wanted this to be was a trap "It's good to see you Tony." He did smile a little as Tony gave him a brief history lesson "I thought it was a good place to talk, a war was started here because of people not communicating with each other and basing decisions on assumptions rather than concrete evidence. Those aren't mistakes that I want to repeat Tony, I can see what is coming down the road, we both did when the Government deployed those Hammer Sentinels at the Institute. That saying about being doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past if we don't learn from them applies to me too. As for Coulson, he still has a lot of explaining in my book. You don't let your friends believe that you are dead if you some how manage to come back and with him starting to put SHIELD back together I am not entirely sure how comfortable I am with that either, SHIELD doesn't exactly have the best record." It was strange standing here with Tony after all of these months working against each other but it was easy to fall back into familiar habits, they were friends after all and nothing so far had changed that at least in his book "We both know I had to Tony, so what was it you wanted to talk about?"

note:

PMAIM
^
Tony Stark
 Posted: May 31 2018, 04:40 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Avenger
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

I am Iron Man
the suit and I are one
What seemed like a long time ago, Tony Stark had been a thorn in the government's side. He refused to give up his private property to them and he put his lawyers on making the government's life hell. Rhodey had stolen one of his suits, but in the end as a sign of good will, Tony allowed the military to keep it as long as Rhodes was the pilot. Now after everything that had happened, Tony believed that humanity needed to be a united front, the Avengers and the government working together. He'd lost his rebellious streak with the Battle of New York, the Ultron Incident and the fall of SHIELD. He still thought registration was a good thing for his own reasons, but what Ross was doing was madness.

"You won't see me argue about Coulson. I'm not sure I even trust him.. which would explain why I didn't reveal all I know to him." That was what it all came down to, what you knew. The more you knew, the more a target you were and Tony felt like the greatest target of all time considering the information he had. It came down to the question then of what he wanted to talk about and he nodded his head. "Well, as you know, during the Institute incident I had a change of heart considering what Ross is doing is getting quite a bit extreme. During one of my flybys.. I... well, I saw something." He had to admit, he was actually nervous about this.

"I noticed Ross had been acting strangely for a while and conducted my own investigation of him. I had suspicions.. but no proof. I don't think Ross, is Ross. I think someone or something is impersonating him and turning us against each other," Tony pulled his arm up, his high tech watch glowing at his touch as he pulled up and image from his suit's forward facing camera. "Looking at this image, you'd think it was your standard fair... a fight between us and the government, but if I zoom in," he said altering the image so it zoomed in on one part of the image, a man in US military uniform laying on the ground motionless.. only the man wasn't a man.. he was green and not human at all.

"What does that look like to you?"

? ? ?
PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: May 31 2018, 09:26 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Steve had to admit that it was good standing here with Tony again after all of these months, as much as he could be annoying at times that cool almost arrogant confidence had a way of rubbing off on you in a charming sort of way. Between the two of them, they had founded the AVENGERS and helped to keep them together when things had gotten tough despite their differences Steve had no problem in acknowledging that they made one hell of a team. Both of them helped to set off each others weaknesses and in the field that was absolutely what you wanted in a team member, it meant that you didn't have to worry as much because the both of you would have things covered much like the partnership that he had developed with the Howling Commandos over the various missions that they had carried out. That was what the AVENGERS had become to him, a replacement family which was perhaps why he had taken the split from them so hard. He didn't blame them for taking the positions that they did, after all the right to choose was one of those values that he had fought to preserve during the war but it still didn't make it hurt any less when he had walked away from them all. Thankfully there had been people that had joined with him in opposing this law and they had tried all they could to avoid a direct confrontation with the Government well at least until the school but at that point they had very little choice. The fact that Tony had jumped in with them as well as Natasha and Spider Man had shown just how much the law had twisted the moral compass of the country and now the people who had sided with the SRA were beginning to see that.

"I will admit that I am not sure about Coulson myself but lately trust isn't something that has been in big supply so I don't blame you one bit." Listening to Tony talk about his change of heart was welcomed to say the very least but then as he went on about Secretary Ross that raised an eyebrow. The Secretary of State was one of the most powerful individuals on the planet and Ross was also the one who had been the major power behind the SRA stating that they had to be controlled in the National Interest. Given his history with Bruce and the way that he had hunted him down, treated the Hulk like he was nothing sort of an animal to be used as he wished, the attitude he had towards Metahumans had been understandable. But the thought that Secretary Ross had been compromised was shocking and when he went to ask about his proof Tony of course proved some. Steve could only watch as Tony showed him some holographic footage that his armor had recorded played before him, he knew that there were aliens after all they had been invaded by the Chitauri and lord knew how many others were out there but this was proof that there was at least one person at the school who wasn't whom they seemed "I know that Secretary Ross has been acting out of character to be sure but it is a long way from this individual being replaced to the Secretary of State. The amount of security protocols alone that they would have to circumvent is staggering and behaviour can change through other means. He did have a heart attack a last year before the SRA was announced and with that business with Bruce, I am not too sure if this isn't just more of the same from him. That driving need to control things that he sees as dangerous, he did compare Thor and Bruce to thermonuclear weapons after all. But the fact that one person at the Institute wasn't who they appeared is deeply concerning Tony."

note:

PMAIM
^
Tony Stark
 Posted: Jun 23 2018, 08:49 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Avenger
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

I am Iron Man
the suit and I are one
"Well, if they've been here for a while, it's possible they have telepaths on their side, or maybe they just tortured it out of him. There are a number of different possibilities. Things we might not even have thought of." If his hypothesis was correct and this was an internal alien invasion then who knew what they would be dealing with. They were smart enough not to attack Earth in any conventional means. They'd infiltrated the most powerful nation on the planet and could possibly have infiltrated other countries as well. It could be possible that they were dealing with something they were not fully prepared for and might very well lose to.

Steve was of the opinion that this could just be Ross being Ross, but with the proof he'd provided that a member of the Government task force spoke volumes. "Obviously I wish I had more to show you, but this is more than enough for me to seek you out. We've all been fooled by this, turned against one another." Maybe it was too late, maybe they could turn things around now that they had enough to actually investigate further. That was all he figured they'd need though he wouldn't lie and say he didn't want before before they could react.

? ? ?
PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Jul 5 2018, 04:50 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

There were so many things that could be happening here that Steve had to really analyse the situation and look at the angles that were available to him, events had moved so quickly that he had focused on the immediate situation and not done what he had been trained to do. Critical thinking was something that he had been exposed to during his time in the Army, to look at the individual moves that an opponent made in an attempt to get an idea of their overall strategy. It was a useful skill to develop as a field commander as it allowed you to start pre-positioning assets so that when the enemy hit your ability to respond was enhanced because of your prior strategic movements. Ever since the SRA had come about, he had been responding tactically, looking at the situation for what it was and ignoring the strategic moves that were being made around him in fact he was one of their assets if Tony was right about Secretary Ross. The Secretary of State had been pushing this agenda for months, garnering International support and driving an domestic agenda with the President that had first seemed to embrace metahumans as the new Civil Rights agenda but that notion had become twisted into a dream based on difference forged beneath the notion of security with sacrificed freedom. Now that Tony had brought to him a theory which was all that he had really, a theory based on some hazy imagery but with enough clarity to give both of them pause, whatever it was that we were looking at there was enough there to at least warrant investigation at least that was what he thought.

"It isn't much you have to admit but if there is even a question that Ross has been compromised we have to investigate, its too important. The Secretary of State is in the Presidential line and he is the one pushing the SRA agenda so for now I can agree to work with you on this Tony, there is a lot of ground between the two of us but I have never doubted how much you love this country. So what is the next step?" Steve looked around the Fort where they were standing, it was hard to remember the lessons that he had been taught about the actions that had taken place here but he could feel their energy perhaps it was because it was his position as a soldier. It took a soldier to understand what the bonds of duty meant, it was chilly here even at this time of year but the humidity was still around and as they spoke, Steve looked around at the ancient Fort wondering how many boys died here during the war, what their stories were and what dreams they had for their lives. There was so much about this country that he loved, the people were good and they all had the same dream to live free and to pass on a better world to their children that they themselves had and while they differed on the direction Steve had always believed in that fundamental truth. Tony was a great example, the two of them were so different yet he had never doubted his belief in this country or the passion that he defended those unable to do so for themselves all they differed on was the scope of their vision "I don't know how much of this country you've seen Tony but I made it a point to visit a lot of these places when I could. So much of our history has been paid for by the blood of young men who believed in everything that this country stood for and the dream that it represented. Places like this serve as reminders that we cannot allow ourselves to be blinded to that truth because it is soldiers that often pay the price of it. I've led many soldiers into battle Tony and if I have to I'll do it again but I don't want to lead them against you or any other members of our team, if we can find a way to avoid this regardless of the price I am willing to pay it."

note:

PMAIM
^
Tony Stark
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 07:55 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Avenger
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

I am Iron Man
the suit and I are one
"I've seen some of it," he said with a bit of a shrug, he got around after all though he couldn't say he'd gone road trips to witness the history of the United States of America. He loved the country, provided weapons for the military, protected it from serious internal and external threats but Steve was always the poster boy for good old Americana. "Trust me, Steve. I'm on your side. The SRA the way I saw it had good intentions, but Ross has taken this way to far. I never wanted to attack schools, arrest kids." For god sakes he fought the government because they wanted to take his property. Tony saw working with the government as a way to work within the system, but this was too much.

That said he'd asked the question, what was the next step. "We need to talk to Nat, we need her help. She's the best infiltrator we got, we need more information before we can act, investigate like you said. If we're fighting the government, half the public will be on our side and the other half with the government. We need to make sure we're on solid ground before we make the leap." They had to make use of all their resources, all their power in order to find the proof they needed to act. Without it, they would be seen as nothing more than traitors looking to overthrow their government and that was the last thing any of them wanted. They needed to reassemble the Avengers.

? ? ?
PM
^
Jacen-Zel
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 07:58 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
What can I say? I'm a fan of man.
Species
Scientist
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Aliens
Anti Registration

Fight for the Future
So we can live for the Present

He would admit, what he was going to do was a bit risky. After all, he was essentially sneaking up on Captain America and Iron Man. His purpose would be filled quickly as to not make an enemy of two of the more powerful and influential men on the planet Earth, but he felt that now was the time. With a little help from Megara, he was able to lock down where Steve Rogers was going to be and luckily enough Tony Stark just happened to be there too. Using the Fort as a bit of cover, he arrived on foot, kept it quiet and listened in on what was happening before the alien decided to announce his presence. He'd been waiting for this moment since he got back, he'd admit he was a little nervous.

"I believe I can help with that next step, Captain." Jacen finally said, raising his voice as he walked out from behind a corner, his suit glowing to life as he activated the power source. Of course he made sure his helmet was down, he'd look like an ordinary human until he said otherwise, he made sure to lift his hands up to show he was unarmed. "I'm sad to say this, but I'm sure soon enough you'll need to make due on your conviction to lead men into battle, because we're all in great danger." Dramatic he knew, but this was serious and he couldn't afford this to be taken as a joke. So he'd go with the obvious first since he knew the questions were coming. "My name is Jacen-Zel, I am alien that was born on Earth and I'm here to give you information that might very well save your lives and the lives of our entire world."

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Jul 20 2018, 11:36 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

It was good to hear that Tony had at least been to places like this, history was important because it provided perspective, something that a lot of people seemed to lack in the modern era. All of them had been so swept up with what the SRA was going to do that they never really stepped back to see the entire picture not until it was too late and by that point none of them were speaking let alone willing to meet like he and Tony were right now. It had taken the incident at Xavier's to really get any sort of traction going in terms of bringing them back to at least talking to each other, everything about the SRA was against all the principles that he believed this country was founded on but there were some things that he could agree with. There needed to be a registry kept, a list where criminals involved with crimes were listed much like the FBI database and perhaps even the list of potential risks like SHIELD kept but even they just monitored people until they presented themselves as a threat. It wasn't something that he was particularly comfortable with but he could understand monitoring given some of the persons that he had gone up against with powers but at least they had just watched until something had happened.

Then Tony brought up Natasha and at least on that front he could provide him with some news "Well actually, we have Natasha back at base. Once we had gotten clear from the Institute I managed to catch up with her and convinced her to join up with us so getting her on board shouldn't be too difficult." He was about to broach the subject of keeping in contact when a voice piped up and almost immediately he was primed for combat with his shield off of his back and into his hand. His thoughts turned to Tony stabbing him in the back, setting him up to be captured but he dismissed that because the tone was all wrong and it was unworthy of him. Whomever it was, they were in for a world of trouble especially given Tony would not doubt have his armor around here somewhere just in case there was trouble. Tony was far too careful a person to allow himself to be entirely vulnerable but he looked as surprised as he was which wasn't a good sign but with the two of them on the same page if this guy was here for trouble he wasn't going to find an easy time of it. When he said he was an alien and that he was here to help, Steve's instincts were fully primed and he had to resist the urge to hurl his shield as he wasn't going to lead into a fight by starting it "Tony? I take it this guy isn't with you can you have Friday scan him?"

note:

PMAIM
^
Tony Stark
 Posted: Jul 21 2018, 04:39 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Avenger
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Avengers
Pro Registration

I am Iron Man
the suit and I are one
It didn't surprise him that Steve had access to Natasha. She always did have more in common with Steve than Tony. That didn't matter though, as long as now they had access to her skills and could use them to their advantage. "Well that's good, might as well get on this as quick as possible." Tony knew that they were all in for a long and trying year ahead of them. They were here talking about a possible alien invasion right under their nose and they were working on at least some small amounts of evidence, they needed more to act and try to save the world before anything horrific happened.

While Tony was prepared to call this a night, something happened he didn't really expect. A rogue voice broke the silence between the two and as a new individual invaded their meeting, he quickly called the armor down from it's orbiting position and quickly formed it around his body, with a whining repulsor pointed at the newcomer. "No, he's not with me. I've never seen him before in my life," he added as he gave the prompt to scan the new arrival though he wasn't sure what he was looking for. If he was an alien he'd have no information on him, this could potentially be bad.

? ? ?
PM
^
Jacen-Zel
 Posted: Jul 21 2018, 05:14 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Scientist
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Aliens
Anti Registration

Fight for the Future

"I understand your caution, but I mean you no harm and your scan won't come up with much... save for a public record of my life on Earth." Tony glanced at Steve and nodded his head in that moment, confirming there was a public record for a Jason Zellick. "If you want to corroborate my identity and my intentions, Captain Rogers, you can speak with Megara Hunter. She will confirm my identity." After all, he'd saved Meg once or twice from a HYDRA sting squad and the two had become fast friends. She was close to Steve, so it didn't take much to have her point him in the right direction, Jacen did the rest from there.

"The alien species you two are after are known as the Skrulls, a ferocious warrior race and maybe the most devious race in the cosmos. They're shape-shifters as you have deduced capable of turning into practically anything organic or inorganic and there is a small minority that are capable of telepathic abilities. While there's no telling how long they've been here, they've definitely infiltrated our government. I can tell you that there are three advantages you have, one is that we are dealing with a small group of Skrulls, not the entire empire." If the entire Empire had come to Earth, they'd all be dead or enslaved.

"The second advantage is that their shape-shifting has limits. They can appear as anything or anyone they wish, but they do not take on their characteristics. The Skrulls capable of telepathy might be able to overcome this, but they are in effect, acting. You can spot them through careful examination. They're also unable to mimic superhuman powers, so a test of your friends abilities should spot the spies. That said there is a downside, their leader is capable of mimicking powers, we call them Super-Skrulls. They are very dangerous." The Super-Skrull would not go down easy and if he did, well... that might bring more Skrull attention down on them.

"Your third advantage is you have me." That comment got a smirk out of him, showing a bit of personality that could only come from possessing a very human quality about them.

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Jul 22 2018, 10:44 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

This wasn't something that he was remotely prepared for, it had taken a lot for him to meet Tony here after everything that had passed between the two of them but the fact that he was surprised as well told him that this wasn't a set up. Still, having someone where that was able to find them both wasn't just something that he was going to let go after all this was a dramatic breach in security and if they had a leak like that he was going to have to get Logan to review their security procedures assuming that this Jazen wasn't a security risk to them both. It was disturbing to him that he had automatically assumed that Tony had set him up, perhaps that was the worst part of this entire tragic tale, the break down in trust between people who needed it the most. The AVENGERS were an ideal, one meant to show the rest of humanity that there were people that would hold the line together and face threats that none of them would be able to deal with individually and really all of it was based on the idea of trust, something that had been shattered by the SRA. But despite all of that, it was good to see that the two of them were able to work together as an effective team and he was glad to see that Tony had kept his armor close by, trust was a good concept but there was nothing wrong with being prepared.

"I'm not the most worldly of people here but why would aliens even bother with us? We have enough problems as it is without having other civilizations add to it." He hadn't even believed in aliens before the invasion attempt in New York, that had opened his eyes to a world of different possibilities and his work with SHIELD had shown him that there had been alien interest in their planet long before any of them had been around. Now with all of the developing metahumans around the planet thanks to the situation with SHIELD it was only becoming more of an issue and one that did make the SRA somewhat useful but not in its current form "And as for these aliens? Skrulls are they called? If they are shape shifters then how do we know who they are or even who has been replaced? It makes for a perfect infiltration method but there has to be some way of detecting them. As for these Super-Skrulls is it? They sound like an entirely different challenge, what can you tell us about them?" Steve gave Tony a look that told him that he didn't believe in any of this but he was keeping an open mind because of the photo that Tony had just shown him, this was really Tony's area of experience and Steve was trying to contribute in his own way trying analyse the situation from a military perspective.

note:

PMAIM
^
Jacen-Zel
 Posted: Jul 23 2018, 09:09 PM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Species
Scientist
Occupation
Single
Relationship Status
Mark
Alias
Aliens
Anti Registration

Fight for the Future

"Maybe not worldly, but you are history's greatest soldier and a superior commander. Tell me Captain, what do most civilizations go to war for? One could say wealth or power, but this is an enemy who needs neither. Resources? Perhaps. Slaves?" he let that thought hang in the air for a moment before speaking again. "Also a possibility. If it was me... I'd want humanity itself." While he didn't care to go down this road with these sort of thought exercises, it was hard to see why the Skrulls might take an interest in Earth without there being something here they'd want. They're greatest resource to the galaxy was arguably themselves.

"What I mean to say is, you yourself Captain, are a product of scientific experimentation, as was Wanda and Pietro Maximoff and Bruce Banner. Speaking of Doctor Banner, he along with you Mister Stark are two of the most brilliant minds humanity has to offer. You have the mutants, products of human evolution and not to mention mythical figures such as Thor and Loki turning their eyes to this place. Scientifically speaking and Mister Stark can back me up on this, Humanity is a sturdy, versatile species. The truth is I don't know exactly what they want, but if I were a ruthless empire of alien conquerors, I'd want to use humanity to my advantage against other species." Steve Rogers seemed skeptical, but he was asking questions, humoring him to gain more information. "You can identify them by being very perceptive or very brutal. Killing them reverts them back to their natural form, but employing that method is risky to say the least. If you have telepaths, they might be able to pick up an alien thought in their minds when they least expect it or you could simply torture them until they turn back, again risky. You're going to have to be very smart, very careful." For a species that can shape-shift it's hard to tell the difference physically. They were going to have to use their heads.

"As for the Super Skrull, he's bad news. One of the Skrulls best generals and warriors. His name is Kl'rt and he is to the Skrulls what you are to humans, Captain. Only difference is he has access to certain powers, he's able to stretch his body as if it were made of rubber, he possesses superhuman strength, stamina and durability; flight, heat manipulation and energy projection in the forms of plasma, concussive force and anti-matter blasts; invisibility and the creation of invisible force fields. On top of his shape-shifting and his knowledge of strategy and tactics, he is very dangerous."

PM
^
Steve Rogers
 Posted: Jul 25 2018, 05:02 AM
Application
Plotter
Tracker
Wanted
Avengers Assemble!
Occupation
Relationship Status
Optimus Prime
Alias
Secret-Avengers
Anti Registration

Steve started to relax, not because he was any where near trusting the individual in front of them but because Tony was right there and now that he was in his armor their tactical options became a lot more robust. He had been working on his armor again but that was just Tony for you, he was always tinkering, improving, trying to find a better way of doing things perhaps that was why he was always referred to as a futurist in the media. He hadn't known what a futurist was until he had done some research and it was a very apt title for Tony, he was literally shaping the future by developing the technology that would carry all of humanity there assuming there was a free humanity to benefit from it because from what this Jazen was telling them, they were under a very real threat. However, he was still in no position to believe him and he wouldn't even be taking this conversation but with the footage that Tony had just shown him and the weird pieces of Intelligence that he had been getting lately there was a kind of sense starting to form here. Then something came to him, players were already being removed from the board, players that could turn the tide of the battle if there were able to take part in the resistance if this was an alien invasion and that was when things really started to slide into place in his mind especially when he described this Super Skrull, putting aside his worry about the powers Jazen was describing.

"Tony, if we are to believe what we are being told. I think the first shots have already been fired in this invasion and I don't mean the SRA. When was the last time you saw Bruce? I mean the Incredible Hulk would be a immense asset to either one of us and Bruce isn't exactly hard to find but we haven't seen him in months and then you have Charles Xavier." Professor Xavier, the most powerful psi-talent on the planet and perhaps the greatest threat to an invading force, a mutant that could peer into the minds of those around him and who could potentially root out the shape shifted aliens in their midst. Who knew how many of them had been taken out without their knowledge with all of them distracted by the SRA, he had assumed they had been captured or disappeared like most of their other allies but now he was growing truly worried. Then with the powers that the Super Skrull was supposed to have, he was going to need Tony's input on this one "So what do you think about the powers this Super Skrull, if he is the commander of this Invasion, we are going to have to take some steps here to neutralize him but with that array of powers. You've always been good at developing options and if we end up facing him, we're going to need all the options we can get."

note:

PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resource Sites
RPG-D
Shadowplay
Candyland Couture
RPG Resource
Static Affiliates